Tournament TLT IV: Round 2

Yes I apologize for my non-original format Mr. Jew, however I must impose this question to you. Coming in to this new season for the NBA, the Lakers are the obvious favorites and there should be no doubt correct? The Lakers have just come off a championship, which albeit some people who do not like the Lakers will not accept. Even so, with this new season Rob Pelinka has done a fantastic job and added even better pieces to his lineup. The two year extension of Lebron and then the five year max deal for Anthony Davis is incredible security of the future. With new additions Dennis Schröder and Wesley Matthews, it should in theory make the Lakers an even better team. Let us not forget the additions of two bigs in Marc Gasol and last season's sixth man of the year Montrezl Harrell. While losing Dwight is a big piece, these moves have helped that loss turn into two huge pickups. Let us also not forget the return of Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Markieff Morris. These moves have solidified the Lakers are champion winners again and it makes me wonder who can even compete with them. While the Nets seem like the most obvious answer, Kevin Durant coming off his achilles injury will be interesting to watch. While I do hope he comes back as healthy as ever, most players do not return to form from that kind of injury. Kyrie Irving is also a loose cannon and while he is a super talented player, outside voices definitely affect him in a major way. Some other teams that may challenge the Lakers are the Bucks, Heat again, and the Clippers. Although thee teams are quite good, I just currently see no way for them to beat the Lakers in a best of seven series. With that being said, if the Lakers do win the championship, that will in turn give Lebron his fifth ring and possibly his fifth finals MVP. While there is a heated debate about whether Lebron or Michael Jordan is the GOAT (Greatest of All Time), the only argument that MJ fans give off is his rings and his clutchness. While both players are clutch, if Michael Jordan only has one more ring and finals MVP than Lebron, how can he be thought of as the GOAT anymore. Lebron has been shown to be a more athletic and team first type of player and will more than likely end his career with the most points ever scored by a player. His stats already are pretty much better than MJ so it makes me wonder if it is even right to call MJ the GOAT anymore. Lebron is an upstanding human as well, especially with him building a school for students that have been lacking in school work. With that being said, it makes me wonder how different the landscape of the NBA will be, if the Lakers do in fact win the championship this year.

Yes I apologize for my non-original format Mr. Jew, however I must impose this question to you. Coming in to this new season for the NBA, the Lakers are the obvious favorites and there should be no doubt correct? The Lakers have just come off a championship, which albeit some people who do not like the Lakers will not accept. Even so, with this new season Rob Pelinka has done a fantastic job and added even better pieces to his lineup. The two year extension of Lebron and then the five year max deal for Anthony Davis is incredible security of the future. With new additions Dennis Schröder and Wesley Matthews, it should in theory make the Lakers an even better team. Let us not forget the additions of two bigs in Marc Gasol and last season's sixth man of the year Montrezl Harrell. While losing Dwight is a big piece, these moves have helped that loss turn into two huge pickups. Let us also not forget the return of Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Markieff Morris. These moves have solidified the Lakers are champion winners again and it makes me wonder who can even compete with them. While the Nets seem like the most obvious answer, Kevin Durant coming off his achilles injury will be interesting to watch. While I do hope he comes back as healthy as ever, most players do not return to form from that kind of injury. Kyrie Irving is also a loose cannon and while he is a super talented player, outside voices definitely affect him in a major way. Some other teams that may challenge the Lakers are the Bucks, Heat again, and the Clippers. Although thee teams are quite good, I just currently see no way for them to beat the Lakers in a best of seven series. With that being said, if the Lakers do win the championship, that will in turn give Lebron his fifth ring and possibly his fifth finals MVP. While there is a heated debate about whether Lebron or Michael Jordan is the GOAT (Greatest of All Time), the only argument that MJ fans give off is his rings and his clutchness. While both players are clutch, if Michael Jordan only has one more ring and finals MVP than Lebron, how can he be thought of as the GOAT anymore. Lebron has been shown to be a more athletic and team first type of player and will more than likely end his career with the most points ever scored by a player. His stats already are pretty much better than MJ so it makes me wonder if it is even right to call MJ the GOAT anymore. Lebron is an upstanding human as well, especially with him building a school for students that have been lacking in school work. With that being said, it makes me wonder how different the landscape of the NBA will be, if the Lakers do in fact win the championship this year.
No one really cares for this, don’t fill this page with extra nonsense when there’s enough as it is. Especially if it’s one involved with sports which has zero relation to this thread. We are nerds who play Pokémon, not jocks.
Sports related stuff -> https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/sports-arena.94/

Last edited:
No one really cares for this, don’t fill this page with extra nonsense when there’s enough as it is. Especially if it’s one involved with sports which has zero relation to this thread. We are nerds who play Pokémon, not jocks.
Sports related stuff -> https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/sports-arena.94/
Liking sports does not instantly make you a jock. I will be better and pray for all of us in hopes for good wishes

Hey, I don't wanna make it hard for future opps and contacting and idk how the hospital stuff is gonna affect my activity, so I'll be pulling out of TLT if that's possible. Sorry if that makes it logistically hard for you, Velvet! You're doing a bang up job. The truth is I was gonna do this regardless of match outcome, but I wanted to battle with some form of seriousness to not devalue the tournament. If it's easier just keep me on, but I won't be able to contact/don't expect battles. :( I'll also be away from the scene for a month or so most likely, so looking forward to see the winner!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)