Togekiss (BSS)

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
:sm/togekiss:
Togekiss @ Scope Lens / Weakness Policy
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot / Ancient Power

Togekiss is one of the most dangerous sweepers in BSS, making everyone fear facing it! Togekiss's dominance is granted by its access to STAB Max Airstream, enabling it to boost its Speed during Dynamax, as well as quite decent bulk and various coverage options backed up by its Super Luck ability, increasing Togekiss's odds to fire off a critical hit. Scope Lens enhances this chance up to 50%, allowing Togekiss to absolutely steamroll through a lot of teams! Alternatively, Togekiss can take advantage of Dynamax's HP boost and its naturally good bulk and effectively use Weakness Policy, exploiting its common weaknesses like Steel and Electric. Ancient Power nails Rotom-H—one of the few defensive checks to Togekiss. Grimmsnarl is a great ally for Togekiss because it sets Reflect and Light Screen up, helping Togekiss activate Weakness Policy and set up with Nasty Plot for much less cost, as well as providing Thunder Wave support.

Last edited:

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alrighty, cant say pawned this off on me, so I'll check it since I'm also a bss QC member!

Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash

Togekiss makes for a fearsome sweeper in Battle Stadium Singles thanks to its access to STAB Max Airstream enabling it to boost its Speed during Dynamax and various coverage options backed up by its Super Luck ability, increasing Togekiss's odds to fire off a critical hit. Scope Lens enhances this chance up to 50%, making even the sturdiest walls like Toxapex eventually fall prey to Togekiss! Alternatively, Togekiss can take advantage of Dynamax's HP boost and its naturally decent bulk and effectively use Weakness Policy, exploiting its common weaknesses like Steel and Electric. Nasty Plot can also help Togekiss pose more immediate threat without needing to activate Weakness Policy. Grimmsnarl is a great ally for Togekiss because it can set Reflect and Light Screen up, helping Togekiss activate Weakness Policy and set up with Nasty Plot for much less cost, as well as provides Thunder Wave support, enabling Togekiss to heavily threaten faster teams even without the need to Dynamax.
So one major tone change I'd go for here is an emphasis on Togekiss being one of the most, if not the most dangerous Dynamax sweeper in the game. I feel like this spotlight actually undersells Togekiss's current role in the metagame (which is saying a lot since there's already quite a bit of praise here lol). So I'd start off with something like "Togekiss is one of the most dangerous Dynamax sweepers in the game, and should be feared when teambuilding!"

The reason Togekiss is so dominant as a Dynamaxer is for a few reasons: STAB Max Airstream lets it snowball Speed boosts, its got pretty damn good bulk too. These two things combined can often let it basically smash teams to pieces after the opposing Dynamax Pokemon is dealt with, because it's really hard to wall!

Anyways, besides the tone change, I got two other nitpicks too!

-I'd probably change the scope lens sentence a bit. Serene Grace actually tends to do better vs Toxapex since it can threaten to flinch spam it to death after the Dynamax is over (and in fact, Serene Grace is actually slashed in the preview atm, so it might be a good idea to mention that). The main reason Scope Lens and Super Luck are the main options is because against may teams, Togekiss just destroys them while Dynamax. Serene Grace doesn't do anything for Dynamax, but Super Luck does!

-I'd mention that Ancient Power is specfically for Rotom-H, who is among the few viable Pokemon that can wall Togekiss. If you get a Weakness Policy boost, it actually does 94% minimum to even SpD Rotom-H (AV ones take 64% min too!). While the other moves are obvious, I think Ancient Power is worth specfically mentioning because its for a very specfic Pokemon.

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Add Remove Comments (AC) = Add Comma (RC) = Remove Comma

GP 1/1

garchompstamp.gif

Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash

Togekiss is one of the most dangerous sweepers in Battle Stadium Singles BSS, making everyone fear facing it! Togekiss's dominance is granted by its access to STAB Max Airstream, (AC) enabling it to boost its Speed during Dynamax, as well as quite decent bulk, (RC) and various coverage options backed up by its Super Luck ability, increasing Togekiss's odds to fire off a critical hit. Scope Lens enhances this chance up to 50%, allowing Togekiss to absolutely steamroll through a lot of teams! Alternatively, Togekiss can take advantage of Dynamax's HP boost and its naturally good bulk and effectively use Weakness Policy, exploiting its common weaknesses like Steel and Electric. Ancient Power nails Rotom-H—one of the few defensive checks to Togekiss. Grimmsnarl is a great ally for Togekiss because it sets Reflect and Light Screen up, helping Togekiss activate Weakness Policy and set up with Nasty Plot for much less cost, as well as provides providing Thunder Wave support.

ftr these get posted on facebook, so if you want to properly show an emdash it's gotta be copypasted as the actual dash and not — - p^2

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)