Togekiss (WIP) – come with input if you wish!

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
[Pros]

<ul>
<li>Immunities to Dragon and Ground.</li>
<li>Access to the combination of Follow Me and Thunder Wave.</li>
<li>Useful resistances to Grass, Fighting, and Dark.</li>
<li>Serene Grace combined with Air Slash gives a 60 percent chance to flinch the opponent.</li>
<li>Huge Special Defense stat to compliment it's resistances and the use of Follow Me.</li>
<li>Flexible Speed that works very well with Speed control, so it supports itself as well as teammates when using Thunder Wave or Tailwind.</li>
</ul>

[Cons]

<ul>
<li>Does not hit very hard without investment, so it is a bit reliant on flinching if you are using it to attack.</li>
<li>Exploitable weakness to Rock, Ice, and Electric, all of which are common attacking types.</li>
<li>A below average Speed stat makes it easy to pick off when at low health.</li>
<li>Limited coverage if running a supportive set, lack of supportive options on an offensive set.</li>
</ul>

[Set Recommendations]

<p>Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry<br />
Ability: Serene Grace<br />
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD<br />
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)<br />
- Follow Me<br />
- Thunder Wave<br />
- Air Slash / Dazzling Gleam<br />
- Protect / Roost</p>

<p>Togekiss's bread and butter set from BW2 Doubles has been further improved by Togekiss's new typing; Fairy. Follow Me has become much better due to Togekiss's new immunity to Dragon, and Speed control is presumably as useful as it has been in BW2. Thunder Wave is Togekiss's only option for speed control pre-Pokebank, and is useful for crippling Pokemon until they go down. Air Slash or Dazzling Gleam is necessary, since it prevents Togekiss from being Taunt bait, and in Air Slash's case also buy a free turn with its nifty flinch chance. Dazzling Gleam is a solid spread move that hits Dragon-types much harder. Protect is a general staple on most Pokemon in Doubles, and is very good for playing mindgames with the opponent in Togekiss's case, since some will try to play around Follow Me by double-targeting it. That said, Roost is also a good option in this slot, since you can remove 3 of Togekiss's weaknesses for the turn being, whilst healing yourself.</p>

<p> Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry<br />
Ability: Serene Grace<br />
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD<br />
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)<br />
- Air Slash<br />
- Dazzling Gleam<br />
- Flamethrower<br />
- Follow Me</p>

<p></p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p></p>

Last edited:
Ctrl + F Dazzling Gleam. No mention? It's a 100% accurate 80 BP Heat Wave with pretty solid coverage. Definitely worth some sort of mention, if not a moveslot slash as the primary STAB.

Slash in Roost in the last slot and slash Leftovers(maybe) in as an item?
I prefer Roost almost all the time over Protect. You're never really needing to dodge a OHKO and in that rare scenario you can switch. It also gets rid of 3 of your 5 weaknesses for a turn and synergizes well with Thunder Wave.

helping hand is unreleased, as is tailwind. slash dazzling gleam with air slash since it hits fighting types like air slash does and is a spread move, though it doesn't flinch.

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Alright I need to have some advice from QC here guys.

· Do any of you remotely agree with Roost having a worthy slash beside Protect? I don't, so if not, i'll just mention it in the sc/ac thingy under the set.

· Should I have an offensive set listed? If so, any suggestions for spreads, moveset, item, etc?

Stratos

Banned deucer.
i personally do think roost deserves the slash

offensive set... im sort of torn, but leaning no

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i think it should be listed. someone played me w/ it the other day and it put in work. something like air slash / dazzling gleam / flamethrower / follow me @ sitrus works fine really

I've been running an offensive Togekiss with Sticky Web support with quite high success. Partners really well with Excadrill who often gives him a chance to Nasty Plot. Something like:

Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nasty Plot
- Protect

Could probably be improved but I think it's worth a mention!

I've been testing this set a lot, having both your stabs is huge and even with little investment Togekiss still hits hard. I've been enjoying Protect over Roost because there are more times I'd rather take no damage opposed to attempting to heal. I have been in more situations where roost will get Togekiss KOed where as Protect will block the damage while your partner hits hard.

Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
-Air Slash
-Dazzling Gleam
-Protect / Roost
-Follow Me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)