Too Good For Legends (Uber RTM)

Too Good For Legends

Introduction

I've always wondered why Wobbuffet is Uber. So I've decided to build a team around him. But I wanted a challenge...So I decided to not use a single Uber besides him. Hoping to use this team again if Wobbufet ever becomes Suspect.

This team focuses on using Wobbuffet and friends to clear a way for a late game sweep with Lucario. By removing counters and entry hazards; and putting down entry hazards and other means of weakening the enemy, the path to victory is ensured.

In Depth

Scizor @ Lum Berry
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 10 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Brick Break

Scizor leads off and is built to counter the most common leads in today's metagame. Deoxys-S is defeated with the combination of Pursuit and Bullet Punch. Brick Break destroys any screens Deoxys-S sets up before finishing with Bullet Punch. Darkrai is defeated with the combination of Brick Break and Bullet Punch. Lum Berry wakes Scizor from Dark Void. Mewtwo can be defeated similarly with Pursuit followed by Bullet Punch.
When faced against a Kyogre or Groudon, I will usually switch to Latias and start setting up screens.
Besides the leading phaze, I can also switch this in along with Forretress into Dragon type attacks. Pursuit is essential to this set. It allows me to Tickle walls with Wobbuffet and then bring Scizor in to Pursuit. There will be no escape.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 244 SpD
Impish (+Def, -SAtk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Payback

If I wasn't challenging myself I would have switched this with Palkia.
Forretress spins away the dangerous entry hazards mainly harming Wobbuffet. It also sets up its own entry hazards which are essential to pull of a successful sweep with Lucario. Due to Forretress' poor speed, it is almost bound to go last; so Payback is a good option used to hit the large amount of Psychic types in Ubers.

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP / 228 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Tickle

I based my team around Wobbuffet so every pokemon in the team is either supporting or being supported by Wobbuffet. Tickle allows Scizor to come in to walls and Pursuit. Forretress supports Wobbuffet by removing deadly entry hazards. Latias provides Wish and Dual screen support to allow Wobbuffet to switch in easier. Jumpluff and Lucario are given a free switch in to setup if the move Encored was not an attack or an attack that would do little-to-no damage.

Latias @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Wish
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder

Thinking of changing to Blissey for Aromatherapy, but I'll lose the Dual Screen support which is more important.
Latias can also help Lucario setup by setting up Dual screens and Wish to allow an easier switch in. Latias also provides recovery via Wish to Wobbuffet, allowing to come in again in good shape. Thunder is for Kyogre which my team has minor troubles with. Talking about Kyogre, I might even replace Light Clay with Soul Dew to counter Kyogre even more.

Jumpluff @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 188 Def / 68 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Encore
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder

Jumpluff is amazing when given a free switch in to Substitute thanks to Wobbuffet. Subseeding is an extremely annoying strategy in Ubers especially under the sun. Substitute also allows Jumpluff to scout for Choice Scarfed Pokemon, and then destroy them later with Wobbuffet.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch

My lategame sweeper. Everything I do leads up to Lucario sweeping the enemy's team. After the enemy team is weakened by Jumpluff, Scizor and entry hazards from Forretress. I can sweep with Lucario. The hard part is trying to switch in. That's where Latias and Wobbuffet come in. Latias can set up dual screens first. Then either switch to Lucario to setup if it's safe, or to Wobbuffet first. If Wobbuffet encores an attack that Lucario resists or statup move, then I will immediately switch to Lucario and Swords Dance.
After a single Swords Dance, Lucario is extremely deadly and capable of sweeping entire UBER teams. After another Swords Dance, the game is over.

Consider getting something on the team that can heal team status. That way you can cure Wobb of toxic that would usually ruin him. Liking the idea though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)