Project Top 10 Titans of the Generation 8 DOU Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I get Melmetal for the #2 spot. I really do. Just depends on how we treat banned mons.

However, really I don't see why people would put Incin at 3. It was ranked pretty low through most of the gen and only made it to tier one in the VRs this year. It was much better (relatively speaking) in Gen 7. Kart makes some sense to me (was banned for much of the gen, but whatever). Still, I think Urshifu-R was more significant for the reasons I previously mentioned.

You might as well put me down for Urshifu-R for the 3, 4, 5 spot, etc. (until it gets picked).

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
incineroar, z strats summed it up nicely

Incineroar has constantly seen top usage since it got released with home having the highest usage in snake and dwcop 1. The 2nd highest usage in dpl 6, dpl 8, and scl. The third highest in dwcop 2, and in SCL XI once home got released (week 7) it was tied for first in usage along with Dragapult. Incineroar has constantly been a huge staple and very good mon in ss in all metas except the osdt kartana meta where it was still top 10 in osdt top 16+ usage. I think some people don't see it to be as good right now in this current meta either which is fair I don't either but even in this meta it's currently seeing top 5 usage in osdt 2 and sits tier 1 in the vr whether you agree with it or not.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Kyurem-B. I suspect I stand alone here.

I feel that many of the Crown Tundra metagame threads were in part because of Kyurem-B (KB), too many to consider meer coindence especially given DD KB's reputation of mandating answers for or else losing. It was partially responsible for the popularity of Urshifu-R in Crown Tundra as it was so effective against Kyurem-B, in contrast to not being that popular in Isle of Armor even post Urshifu-S' ban. Exteding this further, the hyper-offence metagame phase defined by Kartana + Urshifu-R was in part an answer to KB by exerting too much pressure on KB to set up and to simply blast through the AV set. Given the then-metagame defining team of Kartana, Urishfu, Zygarde, Rillaboom, Heatran and Zeroara, 5 of those 6 Pokemon carried super-effective coverage against Kyurem-B (both Zygarde and Rillaboom typically carried Superpower, and Heatran was at least originally Specs with Flash Cannon (and Eruption alas it could not beat AV KB). Similarly when Kartana was banned and the hyper-offence phase passed, certain Pokemon rose in usage that not only shifted the metagame towards balance but matched well against KB: Incineroar, Porygon2 and Diancie. It is in particular worth noting that those last two are the most common TR settlers and match well against KB, despite being weak to some other notable threats like Urshifu and Rillaboom (who at least threatents Knock Off on Porygon2). Mew stands out as the most common Tailwind settler for much of the generation, and it isn't hit super-effectively by KB. Naganadel, who was previoulsy ignored last gen, has gained much more viability as a TW settler that outspeeds and OHKOes non-AV KB.

Kyurem-B. I suspect I stand alone here.

I feel that many of the Crown Tundra metagame threads were in part because of Kyurem-B (KB), too many to consider meer coindence especially given DD KB's reputation of mandating answers for or else losing. It was partially responsible for the popularity of Urshifu-R in Crown Tundra as it was so effective against Kyurem-B, in contrast to not being that popular in Isle of Armor even post Urshifu-S' ban. Exteding this further, the hyper-offence metagame phase defined by Kartana + Urshifu-R was in part an answer to KB by exerting too much pressure on KB to set up and to simply blast through the AV set. Given the then-metagame defining team of Kartana, Urishfu, Zygarde, Rillaboom, Heatran and Zeroara, 5 of those 6 Pokemon carried super-effective coverage against Kyurem-B (both Zygarde and Rillaboom typically carried Superpower, and Heatran was at least originally Specs with Flash Cannon (and Eruption alas it could not beat AV KB). Similarly when Kartana was banned and the hyper-offence phase passed, certain Pokemon rose in usage that not only shifted the metagame towards balance but matched well against KB: Incineroar, Porygon2 and Diancie. It is in particular worth noting that those last two are the most common TR settlers and match well against KB, despite being weak to some other notable threats like Urshifu and Rillaboom (who at least threatents Knock Off on Porygon2). Mew stands out as the most common Tailwind settler for much of the generation, and it isn't hit super-effectively by KB. Naganadel, who was previoulsy ignored last gen, has gained much more viability as a TW settler that outspeeds and OHKOes non-AV KB.
Thank You for saying this. You Do Not Stand Alone and I Agree with your Sentiment. Thank You for the Convincing Argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)