%Top Percentage%

Maleovex

Lt. Col. of The Kyergrzstan Killer Beez
What happens with Sacrificial moves like Healing Wish and Memento? Do these strip from the counter? Another question is how do we keep track of the percentage, would a message appear in chat.

Mega Lopunny also seems really dangerous in this meta alongside spikes as literally any pokemon who touches it will make there team have 25% less HP.
Yeah, healing wish and memento do strip from the counter, I'm hoping to have it so a message appears in chat, and tbh, I can see hazards being banned even, but I'll wait till it's been coded hosted and played before I do that

tehy

Banned deucer.
TBH i don't think hazards are banworthy; the turn you use to get up rocks is the turn I use OHKO you and take a 100% lead.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Smart hazard management is definitely a must in this meta. Dedicated leads are a pretty poor idea in general because of the reason that tehy is highlighting, so I think that hazard stacking archetypes are going to have to carefully choose how many layers of spikes to lay down at any time (trying to create situations to lay down additional layers while taking minimal damage in the process is definitely going to be a must here, and I could see multiple Spikes users being potentially viable to maximise the number of situations when you can do this) as opposed to the kinda reckless approach to it which can be taken in standard, and staying in v.s. super effective hits to sac off and get hazards is only ever going to be practical when you're at low health as the aim is to minimise how much of your counter is lost when making the sac.

Glad to see that the percentage you need to take of your opponent's HP as a win condition has been changed. As this was submitted it honestly didn't seem very interesting to me, but as it is now I think it's actually executed very well. More strategic than usual definitely, and that's a good thing in my eyes.

And as of now, I don't think entry hazards are ban-worthy. It'll obviously need playtesting first, but... basically read the two posts above mine if you want my reasoning, I agree fully with those

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
I don't know why but I think Flygon would be the best Deffoger, probably just because you hardky take anything from stealth rock and are immune to spikes. Also has U-turn which is cool.

Another thing I am going to say is that wall breakers like Hoopa are going to dominate because they deal a mass amount of damage. Anything with priority is also good because being able to pick of a mon w/o taking a lot of damage is extremely good

Maleovex

Oh rip, if anyone knows of any servers that could implement this please let their hosts and me know!

Maleovex

Maleovex , the link to the banner I made seems to have expired, so I have made another one.

Anyway, the reason I posted here was to spark some discussion, as the thread seems to be getting a bit quiet nowadays.

Below are [types of] Pokemon that I think will stand out in the metagame. The "Notable Moves" are a few of the moves the Pokemon I mention can use to their advantage:

- Clefable is a bulky mon in general, and, as it is able to fit on many teams in many different ways. In this metagame, Clefable can help its team through recovery with Soft-Boiled, as well as deal damage to the opposing team with Calm Mind + Moonblast. It also has access to Thunder Wave, leaving the foe crippled, and giving Clefable a chance to set up.
Calm Mind, Moonblast, Thunder Wave, Heal Bell, Stealth Rock, Soft-Boiled

- Chansey can greatly support the team, by replenishing HP with Soft-Boiled, but also by inflicting statuses upon their opponent, most notably Toxic, which really pressures them if they do not have access to a Pokemon that can remove the ailment.
Toxic, Thunder Wave, Heal Bell

- Azumarill and Conkeldurr, among others, are some of the best priority users in the OU metagame, and I think that they can show off in this metagame as well, as priority is an efficient way of wittling at the HP of the opposing team.
Aqua Jet, Knock Off, Mach Punch

- Bulky Stealth Rock setters, such as Hippowdon and Rocky Helmet Landorus-Therian may be some of the commonly used Pokemon in this tier, as Stealth Rock, a move they both often carry, deals damage to the team whenever a Pokemon from the team switches in, slowly decreasing their HP. They can also withstand a few hits, depending on their given spread, and they can be used in various other situations as well.
Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Slack Off, U-turn

- Mega Lopunny, Hoopa-Unbound and other wallbreakers are hard-hitting fast Pokemon, and, because of their wide coverage, are able to hit many Pokemon for neutral or super-effective damage, meaning that they are definitely a force to be reckoned with.
High Jump Kick, Fake Out, Return, Gunk Shot, Psychic, and many more!

- Hazards are going to be pretty common in this metagame, as a way to pressurize the opponent (Toxic Spikes, Sticky Web), or to decrease their HP (Spikes, Stealth Rock), so to get rid of them, you'll need a reliable defogger or rapid spinner. You'll often want the latter if you're setting hazards of your own, but that's up to you.
Whirlwind, Iron Head, Spikes, Defog, Hydro Pump, Scald, Rapid Spin, Toxic

- Whilst Life Orb does increase the damage output, losing 10% of your health seems pretty risky, and this might rule in your opponent's favour, so it's probably better to stick to Choice Band / Specs. However, if you are able to recover off the lost damage, Life Orb might be a good item to use, but it is up to you.
Knock Off, Mach Punch, Iron Head, and many more!

- Outside of Trick Room, these Pokemon may not seem like the best, but once it is up, they are able to move first, and can either set up, cripple the opponent with Will-O-Wisp or Toxic, or go straight for the attack. These Pokemon are known for their high Attack or Special Attack stats, but their low Speed normally undermines them, but with Trick Room up, you don't have to worry about Speed anymore.
Trick Room, Will-O-Wisp, Hex, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind, Psychic, Diamond Storm, Moonblast

- Pokemon with many resistances stand out in this metagame as they not only deal lots of damage, or are able to set up on the opponent, but resist some of the common attacking types, giving them an advantage over Pokemon that tend to use moves of that type. For example, Heatran is immune to Fire, so it can safely switch into any Fire-type move, as long as it has the ability Flash Fire. Once it gets the boost from Flash Fire, it can deal heaps of damage, making it definitely stand out.
Iron Head, Thunder Wave, Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Stealth Rock, Power Whip
I don't think you quite understand the meta, recovery does not restore to the 400%

bp scrub

rub a dub dub one scrub in a tub
Yeah I know that. Recovery DOES restore health , right? Because that's what I'm talking about.
Recovery doesn't help the team. If Clefable or Chansey uses softboiled 7 times and gets 50% hp each time, your team is dead in 1 hit.

Hm. To be fair, this sounds like a very simple, yet unique idea. A system based on a 'stamina' system of sorts. I wonder how that works. Either way, I'd like to see what strategies bloom out of this if it ever does get any. Things like Pokémon that resist hazards (if hazards do not get a quickban, because they're pretty broken) or Sandstorm users (Hail too, to a certain extent) could also be pretty strong. All in all, everything with gradual damage and not just straight-up KOing. Stall will be sort of important(er) now, too. If thatmakes any sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)