Tormenting Spirits

Illusio

Bold and Brash
approved by Eevee General and Joim
Tormenting Spirits

(Yes, I know this is the image of Shadow Sneak, it just fit the name so well)

For those who don't know, Torment is a move that doesn't allow the target to select the same move twice in a row. Unfortunately, this only lasts for 5 turns, and isn't used that often. What this meta is here for is to change all that. Now, there is a permanent Torment effect that occurs on every Pokemon when they enter the field.

This meta follows all OU clauses.

Bans:
Ubers
Encore
Aroma Veil
Mental Herb
Trick/Switcheroo + Choice items

Major changes:
Goodbye, choice items
Setting up multiple times just became a lot harder
Sweepers are forced to alternate between moves

Currently not coded or playable on any server. :(​

Last edited:
Protect seems like a good move in this meta, trolling other Pokes so their best move can't be used against you, resetting your own best attack, and just general trolling.

Substitute and other set-up moves are also quite helpful. Another cool thing is that prediction will be slightly easier, as they can't possibly use the last move they just used, allowing for better switches.

canno

formerly The Reptile
VolTurn could be fun, as Volt Switch and U-Turn are rarely affected by Torment. Same goes for the other momentum moves (Baton Pass and Parting Shot).

An interesting thing to note is azu when used would always run a set similar to:

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Belly Drum
Aqua Jet
Play Rough/Waterfall
Protect

So basically, this meta seems to be very dynamic as people would have to keep switching out and stuff

Also, wish Pokemon seem hilarious for stall

Last edited:
This is like giving Regenerator cores a good field time (Better with things like Alo who can burn as well). Offense has no scope.

Also, Protect + Disable + 2 Moves Gengar New Meta?

Last edited:
I'm assuming that the only form of offense in this meta would be Pokemon with massive coverage options like greninja and nidoking. Choice users get lol'd at as well

I just noticed that Trick isn't banned. This makes it a huge threat to any Pokemon in the game, except for Megas, of course. Running at least one would be very important for any team.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Stall seems like it's gonna be really OP in this, better run at least three sub disable mons on every offense team.

How about gothitell trap trick watch as it struggles to death trick back turn before death rinse and repeat. On the bright side stick hold/klutz may be usefull.

Reactions: MZ

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Trick and Switcheroo + Choice Item needs to be a clause, it effectively can neuter any non mega and with pokemon like Gothitelle and Klefki with access to it its just way to powerful

Illusio

Bold and Brash
Alright. Because of the above two posts, I am complexbanning Trick/Switcheroo+Choice items. Feel free to discuss this change.

Last edited:
Choice items could have a tiny niche in U-turn or Volt Switch abuse. I know Smogon dislikes complex bans, but I really see no reason not to just keep it as is.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Maybe just ban Choice items? So mons can still switch items like flame orb/toxic orb with Trick. Choice items wouldn't be used anyway outside of tricking.
Trick can still be used, just not with Choice Items. Personally I don't really think we should just ban choice items, they might be used outside of trick for Volt Turn

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Make sure that if you ban Trick, you ban Switcheroo as well. I know that Trick has wider distribution but it's still equally annoying.
On this matter, I agree there should be a complex ban. Without any other choice item a Choice Scarf could be decent for a revenge killing hit and run style.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)