Tournament Tours Plaza Invitational Semi Finals!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaJ.Shoot

Keep It Simple
LCPL Champion
approved by Nui

Welcome to the first edition of the Tours Plaza invitational tournament. 32 users with outstanding performance in the room have been selected to duke it out in various custom formats for one to emerge victorious.

Tournament rules:
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me or anyone else. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done. Extensions will be for two days after the scheduled deadline, and no further. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this tournament as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Other Important Rules:

• Only Pokemon ou and below are to be used unless specified otherwise. Standard battle clauses (sleep clause) etc, apply.
  • This round will be a Best of 3, Single Elimination
  • Replays must be saved and POSTED. Matches without a replay will not count as completed. If no replays are posted, your game will be coin flipped
  • In an event of a timeout, the player who times out will lose that game unless the opponent grants a rematch.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
Keep in mind that every week we'll specify a custom tier with specific rules if any that the players will play that week. In case of any issues feel free to ask me. Well then without further ado, here are the Semi Final Matchups-

As stated before the Semi Finals will be a Best of 3. The tiers to be played are as follows:-​
1) PU+publ +Kingler, Torterra and Houndoom. Needless to say, the game will be played in NU Format on Pokemon Showdown but only kingler, torterra and houndoom from nu will be legal.

2) AAA RU - Games will be played in AAA format with only Ru and below legal.

3) Doubles LC- Games are to played in Doubles OU format on pokemon showdown. But make sure that all mons are Level 5.

Deadline is a week from today on 20th February at 23:59 EST
That's all so good luck and have fun!

Attachments

Last edited:

saba

მე მოვტყნავ ყლევა არა უშნო ქალს
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
MGenius vs Poison poison will win in 2 games most likely, but there is a slight chance of him getting frozen 4 times in a row (poison will still win in 3)
Aethernum vs thepokedude9999 laddy will take first game, aeth will use his godly rimbombare/scrafty core and win g2. If aeth asks leo for team for g3 he’ll most likely win

LanturnLight

formerly get_lucki
Congrats on semifinals, top 4. Much respect! You are all great players and have a place here in the semifinals. Also, cheers to raj for such a fun semifinal tour.

All very good players so don't take these predictions seriously. (altho im 4/4 ;D )

G1. PU+publ +Kingler, Torterra and Houndoom
Mgenius vs Poison. In a close, surprisingly low offense, balanced match.
Laddy vs Aet. Again I feel like this will be close. Honestly I'm a romantic idealistic rooting the dark horse here.

G2. AAA RU
Poison vs Mgenius. Genie has spoken with le legend pp. Expect two great teams to face off here. Poison's experience pulls through.
Aet vs Laddy. No contest. Sorry.

G3. DOUBLES LC . These will be the most fun to watch play by play imo. A lot of opportunity for tactical maneuvering and big plays.
Poison vs Genie? Got no idea, buds.
Laddy vs Aet. Vibrant battle. Aet is battle hardened and can make excellent plays. But will they be ready for the memiliciousness of laddy and his lc team?

Again. The predicts are for fun. Good luck!! :)

LTG

It’s always gaming time
is a Pre-Contributor
Predictions:

Hmmmmm...

R1: PU+PUBL +Kingler +Torterra +Houndoom
MGenius vs Poison Adhesive: I feel like MG is better at lower-usage tiers then Poison, but I’m probably wrong lol
Laddy Monita vs Aethernum: Aet is better at OMs than normal tiers it seems to me. Again, probably wrong about that too.

R2: RU AAA
Poison Adhesive vs MGenius: idk just got a feeling in my gut
Aethernum vs Laddy Monita: Sorry laddy, no contest here. Expect a clean win from Aet.

R3: Doubles LC
Poison Adhesive vs MGenius: No idea. Looking forward to this one.
Laddy Monita vs Aethernum: Another great battle, but laddy’s LC team will pull through.

Can’t wait for these battles, P.S. Don’t take my predicts seriously I know very little about Pokémon lol

MG

formerly MGenius
is a Tiering Contributor
Never thought I would win in two against one of the greatest player I know and maybe the second best player in Toursplaza room! Poison Adhesive
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-865192598 r1
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-865196312 r2
luckily we didnt play LC Doubles... thanks to leo05051998 for the Team btw!
gg and well played Poison! I was never so scared and hyped for my tpi round, also still ty for being here and so on you you, also sry for the "john".
Many many big thanks to my bro Marination ! thanks for giving me the pu Team and testing the ru Team with me, you dont know how much you helped me with the sorta funny tests. thepokedude9999 can confirm cough
also this is "just" semis but i also want to thank you all for the support, it helped me a lot. Esp AlvusWrath , Aethernum , get_lucki and Acselsior13 (PP, Poison and laddy as well ofc, but I already hled them)
I love you all and now thats too much text!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)