Towards the next Generation ... First BW RMT!

Hi Everyone!

[[[_-----------------------------------------------------------------------_]]]

[[[_-----------------------------------------------------------------------_]]]

It has been a while since the last time I am active on Smogon. Thanks to many people here, including X-Act, Diesel, mingot, and many more, it is so easy and possible to get a great team in the real game. That said, the 4th Generation metagame is now officially history. Some Pokemon, such as Scizor and Salamence, haven’t changed much, while others like Rotom-W and Forretress have changes that are so significant to this current standard play. Seeing that Smogon now uses Pokemon Online as the official simulator, I have tried to battle there with my old and new teams. At first I am surprised by the existence of Wobbuffet, Deoxys, etc. and many unfamiliar Pokemon faces (note: not Poker Face). Weather is too prominent in this generation’s standard play (On a side note, I believe we should create a Pokemon in the CAP Project that can automatically clear any weather) , with rain as the most popular one. Perhaps it is too popular to win a match with, so I have used the second most popular strategy: sandstorm.
First, I started with the Uberistic (is that even a word?) combination: Tyranitar and Excadrill.

Now, being a little bit traditional, I have decided to create a FWG core. Given that I need to take into account the other weather effects, I have chosen these Pokemon:

Heatran – respectable defence and strong special attack, plus I saw that cute Heatran hanging on a balloon!

Samurott –this is a little bit strange, I could have easily picked a Jellicent, Starmie, Tentacruel or Gyarados. I will explain later.

Ferrothorn – general awesomeness and works great, especially under the rain, where it can actually outstall Magnezone quite well with leech seed.

Now that it has been settled, I need a last Pokemon. I thought of getting a Rapid Spinner, although it has never been my favourite move. Forretress can work, but it is redundant. I don’t like Rapid Spin + Life Orb either. Therefore, my utility Pokemon is Xatu.

You see, three Steel type Pokemon isnt doing much good, considering that they have the most common weaknesses like fire, ground. Seeing that Ferrothorn has less use outside of rain, I switched it with Virizion, even though that means I will have a harder time against Latios and Latias.

Begin to Rate my team! (because of the new battling system, Xatu will not necessarily be the lead)

The pest from the previous generations make her appearance from as an interesting character, replacing Virizion to enhance the general bulk of the entire team, and also to annoy people :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bold font to indicate changes

Xatu (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost
- Psychic
- Toxic

Towards the end of 4th generation battle, I have developed a liking for semi-stall, including the use of BulkyGyara, Counter-Stalling Gliscor, etc. A rather defensive moveset, this Xatu usually solves my threat issues, especially if the weather is against my favour. With the slight reduction of the use of Stealth Rock, Xatu finds himself more comfortable to come in and out very often. It has a tendency to lead anyway because of the entry hazard users from the opponent.
I am hesitant to say this, but the sole reason of using this Xatu is the counter the most annoying Pokemon, including Breloom, Forretress, Whimsicott and the likes. Simply switch into one of these things and you find yourself a free turn. Very often the time taken for you to stall is enough to reveal some of your opponent’s synergy.

Feel completely free to switch Xatu out if needed. The worst you can face is a faster special attacker which can hit Xatu with a thunderbolt. The foe would live for a lot shorter if Toxic hits, such as Tyranitar or Latios, Pokemon that uses a combination of tanking and attacking. Setting such a timer would allow me to catch the opponment easier as they are forced to play more conservatively. That being said, make sure you are aware of the common OHKOs and 2HKOs so that Xatu would not get simply toasted. If you find that leading with Xatu will put you into a disadvantage, however, …

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

… a floating Lava monster should deal with rest of the problem with leads. If you see Pokemon such as Scizor or Forretress having the potential to lead, Heatran would be the choice of response (obviously playing mind games with the opponent, but that’s a different story). Fire immunity, temporary Levitation, and the ability to set up Stealth Rock, what more can you get?

Actually, it can be problematic if Heatran faces a flying fire resistor like Latios, so if you see of these, flee (unless HP ice works). Usually, if Heatran is not leading, he will have to come in mid-game, because for Heatran getting the Stealth Rock is absolutely crucial. Unless you are sure that nothing is going to spin that rock off, save Heatran for later.

Strictly speaking, in the entire Standard metagame, Heatran is the only fire Pokemon with some defensive potential because of its secondary type. Really, Heatran doesn’t mind many Dragons as much as in 4th Gen, because he can buffer some Dragon damage while getting unaffected by Earthquakes. Once Stealth Rock setup is secured, Heatran can be used as a death fodder, or a suicider, so that the next ally can come in freely and set up.

Samurott (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Dragon Tail
- Detect

This is a physical Samurott SD set with a few tweaks. Prior to 4th Gen Pataya Berry Empoleon, no water starter Pokemon can really utilise the ability torrent. With this set, however, the player is much more in control of the use of this ability. Samurott has an above average attack stat and Aqua Jet isn’t particularly strong, but with Swords Dance Samurott can still prove to be very useful. In fact, I wasn’t yet looking for which Samurott set is best, rather, which Aqua Jet set is best. I can simply rule out Azumarill because Jellicent will come in and scream “FAIL”. The analysis suggests the use of a bug move in the third slot, but given that dark and psychic types are not to scary for this team, I figured that another move can be used.

Dragon Tail is a little nice addition to any team struggling with stat boosters. Gyarados giving you the blues? Flick it off and slap it with Stealth Rock damage the next time he comes in. ScarfTan (Darmanitan) or Sand Rush Excadrill or Landorus or Volcarona being troublesome? No problem!

It should be noted that these threats should be identified before the battle begins, so that Samurott is always ready while these greedy Pokemon can be suppressed accordingly. For this reason, Samurott is considered a mid-late player. Get into the field, Swords Dance if I can, and attack with Torrent activated.

Virizion is a previous member of this team

Virizion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Leaf Blade

To be honest, this Virizion is not that hard to use. Set up like anyone would, then make predictions whether to use CC or SE. I tend to stay off Leaf Blade unless I am absolutely sure about using it. It is surprising to know how similar Virizion is to Infernape and Lucario. With some decent special bulk, Virizion can survive some non-STAB super effective attacks and menace through the other team.

It can be said that Virizion is my wall breaker. It is similar to Excadrill in terms of moveset, but Virizion will have more freedom to switch and attack, creating holes for Excadrill to exploit.

Currently I am thinking of using another item for Virizion, so I would like your opinion on that note.

Breloom (F) @ Toxic Orb Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 20 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Focus Punch

I have chosen to keep the FWG core, but replace Virizion with a slower and (somewhat) bulker Pokemon of the same elements i.e. Grass + Fighting. Celebi is unusually rare these days, which means either leech seed or Focus Punch would work. Unless you are sure that you are faster and using Substitute has a purpose, don't use it before Spore.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

ScarfTar first became popular in 4th Gen as a result of the unbanning of Dew-less Latias, to check it using the Pursuit-Crunch Dilemma. Even after the re-banning of Latias, ScarfTar still finds himself very capable in the metagame. For example, the Gengar and Starmie weaknesses that are so present in this team. Btw I hate you Stone Edge.

ScarfTar can come in on a Starmie’s ice beam, a Gengar’s Shadow Ball (beware of substitute) and many others. ScarfTar should appear from the early-mid game so that when Excadrill comes, the sandstorm is set.

Btw is it acceptable for Tyranitar to replace superpower with earthquake?
Those Toxicroaks are so annoying.

Excadrill (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Return

Excadrill, the new Garchomp, more powerful but quite less coverage. It should be obvious that it is best to eliminate Excadrill’s counters before sending him in, for example, Mach Punch users. Still, it is quite difficult to get the scene up before Excadrill comes in, so he would need to improvise a little. Don’t expect Excadrill to wall anything because he will need full health.

Major Problems
READ

Water-Electric Weakness: Starmie, Rotom-W, Thundurus
Fighting Weakness: Cobalion, Machamp, etc. Toxicroak, especially in rain
My General Slopyness in battling :(

Well, that sums up my fourth RMT and first BW RMT, hope you’ve enjoyed it.
:heart:

Currently Testing:
AB2's suggestion http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3618821&postcount=13
Obliion IX's suggestion http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3618951&postcount=16

with swords dance already boosting attack, i would run jolly on your excadrill. I would also use x-scizzor instead of return becasue it hits lati@s, and reuniclus (and other phychics/grass/dark) hard, and the added chance of a crit can help turn the tide in a battle

with swords dance already boosting attack, i would run jolly on your excadrill. I would also use x-scizzor instead of return becasue it hits lati@s, and reuniclus (and other phychics/grass/dark) hard, and the added chance of a crit can help turn the tide in a battle
Not much contribution, but I second this. X-Scissor really helps you out.

Instead of another item on Virizion, use a new Pokemon with the same item. Reuniclus, is quite a monstrous sweeper in the Sand.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def
Nature: Quiet
- Calm Mind / Recover / Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Reuniclus... This thing is a little monster. With Magic Guard, it takes no passive damage, meaning Sandstorm and Life Orb don't even touch it, while still getting a boost from Life Orb. You have some flexibility with the first move slot. Calm Mind lets you hit hard and take some yourself. Recover heals you, etc. Trick Room makes this thing sweep like nothing else, since it's not outspeeding much anytime soon. Psychic is STAB, and a very powerful one. Shadow Ball is your coverage against Ghost-types. Although I don't like Focus Blast (seriously, how can a move that requires you to focus have a 70% hit rate?), Steel-types would otherwise wall you, and it's your coverage against Dark-types.

I've used this guy on my Sand team and will not be replacing it any time soon. Hope you found this useful!

I see you like samurott for putting him on your team. I would suggest a gyrados with a similar set possibly or a choice banded azumarill. Gyrados can also learn dragon tail and could run a set with rest/sleep talk/waterfall/dragon tail if you like phazing or a simple DDance set. Choice band azumarill is an excellent revenge killer with aqua jet and his ability.

How do you get your pokemon sprites all lined up like that? Every time I try to do it they just go in a line pointing down.

wraiders11: I think X-scissor is a good idea and I will try it, although that means I wil be missing on Gliscor. Latias is generally not a concern when Excadrill sweeps though.

Raiu638: If Stone Edge is the worst move, Focus Blast is worse. But Reuniclus sounds fun and wallbreaking, I will try it later. Edit: concern. Two psychic types might be too much, and I like Xatu.

TheGreatMilenko: I like my Aqua Jet and not get locked, but thank you.

Edit: Fighting types like Conkeldurr and Machamp are Major concerns.

Tried it. For Excadrill I will retain Return as there is a need to deal with the Pokemon such as Gliscor and Landorus.

My concerns are still the same and is not addressed by any yet.

Edit: trying out Breloom in slot of Virizion now

Lati@s don't have any business in sandstorm. They only come in if the Politoed from their team just came.

BTW guys big changes! Breloom is now officially the new member of this team!

Just a few suggestions for the new member for your team.

Breloom using SubSpore. Not surprising, but combining Leech Seed, this can be really annoying. But Focus Punch as your only move isn't really advisable. You see, Spore a player. That guy switch out as you Sub, Focus Punch it. If it survives then break your sub, it's game over. You can't keep on continuing making subs that breaks can you? Switch it to Seed Bomb or Bullet Seed, they provide better coverage.

Don't worry about the HP drop when using Sub, Poison Heal gets them back real fast.

Hope I help xD

Just a few suggestions for the new member for your team.

Breloom using SubSpore. Not surprising, but combining Leech Seed, this can be really annoying. But Focus Punch as your only move isn't really advisable. You see, Spore a player. That guy switch out as you Sub, Focus Punch it. If it survives then break your sub, it's game over. You can't keep on continuing making subs that breaks can you? Switch it to Seed Bomb or Bullet Seed, they provide better coverage.

Don't worry about the HP drop when using Sub, Poison Heal gets them back real fast.

Hope I help xD
SubPunching is a recognised tactic, hitting any Pokemon that are not resisting it hard. Slim but possible 2HKO on Forretress with SR.

Btw grass coverage is worse than fighting, and no bullet seeds please.

Of course I know SubPunching is a recognized technique lol. But you are mono-attacking here. It just doesn't sound good to me.

First let me say kudos to a fellow 4th gen semi-staller :D

So let my evaluation begin. Even though Stealth Rocks are a bit more uncommon they are still there & even though Magic Bounce allows you to keep the off your side of the field there are some pokemon dedicated to setting them up & you may find them on your field without your liking(i.e tyranitar). I would say use Espeon w/ Magic Bounce over Xatu. He won't have the same reliable recover but he can benefit your team as a whole with fast dual screens & a SpA that hits for a ton.
If you're really keen on keeping Xatu however then you could turn your Excadrill into an offensive Rapid Spinner so you can guarantee there will be no rocks ruining your supporter.
I started with Samurott so i know that guy is a beast when used correctly. I would suggest Leftovers over Wacan Berry for longevity in conjunction with Detect. It'll allow easy sweep or psuedo-sweeping.
Your Tyranitar was a menace last gen & there is no reason it still shouldn't be. Since you hate Stone Edge why not switch it with ole reliable (Rock Slide)? Granted you lose out on attack power but with you going first thanks to your scarf you can use the flinch chances to your benefit. Also i would remove one of it's dark-type moves for added coverage. Fire Punch / Aqua Tail / Earthquake / Ice Punch / Thunder Punch / Dragon Claw / Brick Break / Shadow Claw(redundant) / Facade(in case you're poison/burned) can all be used in one of those slots. Pursuit is probably the move to keep because if i had a Lati@s in i'd have to make the choice of being 2HKO by staying in & getting a little damage off or OHKO hoping you don't carry the dark-type move (no reason not to) & flee.

I would say use Espeon w/ Magic Bounce over Xatu. He won't have the same reliable recover but he can benefit your team as a whole with fast dual screens & a SpA that hits for a ton.

Haven't tried it yet, and probably will, although Xatu with ground immunity and toxic seems to work fine for me?

If you're really keen on keeping Xatu however then you could turn your Excadrill into an offensive Rapid Spinner so you can guarantee there will be no rocks ruining your supporter.

Excadrill needs more than three attacking moves...

I started with Samurott so i know that guy is a beast when used correctly. I would suggest Leftovers over Wacan Berry for longevity in conjunction with Detect. It'll allow easy sweep or psuedo-sweeping.

True. Leftovers have more general advantage.

Since you hate Stone Edge why not switch it with ole reliable (Rock Slide)? Granted you lose out on attack power but with you going first thanks to your scarf you can use the flinch chances to your benefit.

Could. He might still need the power though, I will test that.

Also i would remove one of it's dark-type moves for added coverage.

Actually the reason why ChoiceTar has two Dark type moves is because it really gies the opponent a dilemma about switching or staying.

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hello PurpleCrobatchop, this team seems like its on its way to becoming quite solid; however there are a few changes that you could make in order to finish it up. First of all, as you stated fighting types can be quite annoying to this team. Pokemon such as Terrakion, Infernape, and Conkeldurr can really get in the way when you're trying to execute your team's plans. It seems that you could use another fighting resist in order to stop this; however it will cause you to change a few other sets as well. This is why I would use a Swords Dance Gliscor over your Heatran, because it gives you the ability to take down fighting types such as Terrakion and Conkeldurr with ease. With this change, I would change Tyranitar's set to a more defensive variant as you lose your source of stealth rocks when replacing Heatran. Tyranitar can effectively run a set of Stealth Rocks | Fire Blast | Crunch | Superpower with the EVs of 252 HP | 200 Def | 48 SpA | 8 Spe and a Sassy nature so that you can take on Latios much easier. Next, it seems that your team structure is headed in the right direction, except there is a pokemon on this team that seems to be quite a strange choice. Samurott really sticks out to me here as it seems that you could use another pokemon to a greater benefit. A Jellicent would seem to be the pokemon that could work out very well here as it gives you an extra water immune and it can take on less common fighting threats such as Infernape with ease. You can also run enough speed on Jellicent so that you have the ability to outspace Skarmory and Taunt it. As for some other options, you could try running Ferrothorn again over Breloom. The defensive backbone of Ferrothorn and Jellicent help you a lot, especially versus some rain teams.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Impish 252 HP | 172 Def | 84 Spe Poison Heal
Swords Dance | Earthquake | Ice Fang | Taunt

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Bold 248 HP | 216 Def | 44 Spe Water Absorb
Scald | Taunt | Will-o-Wisp | Recover

Other than that, this team seems quite solid. Good Luck.

Pokemon such as Terrakion, Infernape, and Conkeldurr can really get in the way when you're trying to execute your team's plans. It seems that you could use another fighting resist in order to stop this; however it will cause you to change a few other sets as well. This is why I would use a Swords Dance Gliscor over your Heatran, because it gives you the ability to take down fighting types such as Terrakion and Conkeldurr with ease. With this change, I would change Tyranitar's set to a more defensive variant as you lose your source of stealth rocks when replacing Heatran. Tyranitar can effectively run a set of Stealth Rocks | Fire Blast | Crunch | Superpower with the EVs of 252 HP | 200 Def | 48 SpA | 8 Spe and a Sassy nature so that you can take on Latios much easier. Next, it seems that your team structure is headed in the right direction, except there is a pokemon on this team that seems to be quite a strange choice. Samurott really sticks out to me here as it seems that you could use another pokemon to a greater benefit. A Jellicent would seem to be the pokemon that could work out very well here as it gives you an extra water immune and it can take on less common fighting threats such as Infernape with ease. You can also run enough speed on Jellicent so that you have the ability to outspace Skarmory and Taunt it. As for some other options, you could try running Ferrothorn again over Breloom. The defensive backbone of Ferrothorn and Jellicent help you a lot, especially versus some rain teams.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb

Jellicent @ Leftovers

That is some really drastic change. I will definity test it as it is comprehensive, but must be step by step. Btw how does this deal with Rotom-W, Starmie and the likes effectively?
Also any tactics to make Tyranitar live as long as possible (until the opposite weather is killed)?

Since you're having trouble with Machamp and Conkeldurr, I would go with Trick Room on Reuniclus. Although they both have priorty, those moves aren't strong enough to take down Reuniclus, plus they get an LO STAB super-effective Psychic in return.

At this point, there's only a few things standing out to me and the main one is Xatu. It really isn't doing anything besides giving your team a secondary Electric-type weakness (which makes Thundurus even more of a problem than it already is). Sure, it can send entry hazards back at your opponent, but honestly that doesn't seem like a good enough reason to keep a Pokemon around that isn't benefitting you in any other way. All of this said, I'm going to suggest the use of a Calm Mind variant of Reuniclus. It can't send status ailments back at your opponent, but it won't mind any of them besides Sleep and the rare Freeze.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers | Bold | 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SDef
Psychic | Calm Mind | Focus Blast | Recover

One last thing on my mind is that your team is going to have some problems with the likes of Trick Room variants of Reuniclus and Thundurus. Fortunately, there's an easy way of solving this problem without completely ruining your team's fine synergy and that is replacing Breloom with a specially defensive variant of Jirachi, It provides a great way of handling Reuniclus and Lati@s while providing a good check to Thundurus. Jirachi can also help by passing Wishes to the rest of your team.

Jirachi @ Leftovers | Careful | 252 HP / 216 SDef / 40 Spd
Iron Head | Fire Punch | Body Slam | Wish

Overall, this is a great team! Good luck using it.

At this point, there's only a few things standing out to me and the main one is Xatu. It really isn't doing anything besides giving your team a secondary Electric-type weakness (which makes Thundurus even more of a problem than it already is). Sure, it can send entry hazards back at your opponent, but honestly that doesn't seem like a good enough reason to keep a Pokemon around that isn't benefitting you in any other way. All of this said, I'm going to suggest the use of a Calm Mind variant of Reuniclus. It can't send status ailments back at your opponent, but it won't mind any of them besides Sleep and the rare Freeze.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers | Bold | 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SDef
Psychic | Calm Mind | Focus Blast | Recover

One last thing on my mind is that your team is going to have some problems with the likes of Trick Room variants of Reuniclus and Thundurus. Fortunately, there's an easy way of solving this problem without completely ruining your team's fine synergy and that is replacing Breloom with a specially defensive variant of Jirachi. It provides a great way of handling Reuniclus and Lati@s while providing a good check to Thundurus. Jirachi can also help by passing Wishes to the rest of your team.

Jirachi @ Leftovers | Careful | 252 HP / 216 SDef / 40 Spd
Iron Head | Fire Punch | Body Slam | Wish

Overall, this is a great team! Good luck using it.
With this Reuniclus set, you get walled by other Psychics. Yes, Reuniclus has a serious case of 4-moveslot syndrome. However, Trick Room would be better than Calm Mind or Recover, since it won't be getting hit anyway, due to the fact it'll outspeed a lot of things, not to mention he needs a counter for Machamp and Conkeldurr.

If you take a look at the overall structure of the team you'll see that Psychic-types won't be too much of a problem with Tyranitar and Jirachi hanging around and a bulky CM set may not be able to "outspeed" those two threats, but it can certainly take their hits.

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
That is some really drastic change. I will definity test it as it is comprehensive, but must be step by step. Btw how does this deal with Rotom-W, Starmie and the likes effectively?
Also any tactics to make Tyranitar live as long as possible (until the opposite weather is killed)?
I did mention testing Ferrothorn over Breloom, but I listed is as an other option, so sorry about that. Ferrothorn can help you check Starmie and Rotom-W relatively easily. I should have made it more clear that Ferrothorn would have dealt with Starmie, but I was pretty vague about it. About Tyranitar, you should just try to conserve throughout the entire match and make sure not to let it faint needlessly. That's about all you need to worry about, good luck testing!

I did mention testing Ferrothorn over Breloom, but I listed is as an other option, so sorry about that. Ferrothorn can help you check Starmie and Rotom-W relatively easily. I should have made it more clear that Ferrothorn would have dealt with Starmie, but I was pretty vague about it. About Tyranitar, you should just try to conserve throughout the entire match and make sure not to let it faint needlessly. That's about all you need to worry about, good luck testing!
but then Ferrothorn can SR, and Tyranitar can do something else?

Don't underestimate the power of the toxic stall, really. By adding Reuniclus and Jirachi my water weakness will become more apparent. But I will try that anyway.

Your Brelloom seems a bit unorthodox. You should try my Katy Perry set:

@Toxic Orb
Katy Perry (F)
Poison Heal
EV's: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
Focus Punch
Seed Bomb
Facade
Spore

I know sub might be better, but others won't be expecting no sub, so instead of Spore/Sub/FP, they have another attack (Facade or Seed Bomb). Plus this set is better is you are not good at predicting, or easier if you are.

Your Brelloom seems a bit unorthodox. You should try my Katy Perry set:

@Toxic Orb
Katy Perry (F)
Poison Heal
EV's: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
Focus Punch
Seed Bomb
Facade
Spore

I know sub might be better, but others won't be expecting no sub, so instead of Spore/Sub/FP, they have another attack (Facade or Seed Bomb). Plus this set is better is you are not good at predicting, or easier if you are.
but I thought defensive Breloom requires NO prediction (or almost no...)?

Hello PurpleCrobatchop, this team seems like its on its way to becoming quite solid; however there are a few changes that you could make in order to finish it up. First of all, as you stated fighting types can be quite annoying to this team. Pokemon such as Terrakion, Infernape, and Conkeldurr can really get in the way when you're trying to execute your team's plans. It seems that you could use another fighting resist in order to stop this; however it will cause you to change a few other sets as well. This is why I would use a Swords Dance Gliscor over your Heatran, because it gives you the ability to take down fighting types such as Terrakion and Conkeldurr with ease. With this change, I would change Tyranitar's set to a more defensive variant as you lose your source of stealth rocks when replacing Heatran. Tyranitar can effectively run a set of Stealth Rocks | Fire Blast | Crunch | Superpower with the EVs of 252 HP | 200 Def | 48 SpA | 8 Spe and a Sassy nature so that you can take on Latios much easier. Next, it seems that your team structure is headed in the right direction, except there is a pokemon on this team that seems to be quite a strange choice. Samurott really sticks out to me here as it seems that you could use another pokemon to a greater benefit. A Jellicent would seem to be the pokemon that could work out very well here as it gives you an extra water immune and it can take on less common fighting threats such as Infernape with ease. You can also run enough speed on Jellicent so that you have the ability to outspace Skarmory and Taunt it. As for some other options, you could try running Ferrothorn again over Breloom. The defensive backbone of Ferrothorn and Jellicent help you a lot, especially versus some rain teams.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb

Jellicent @ Leftovers

These sets somehow removes the attacking power a bit too much now that I have tried it. Any suggestions?

Btw for the most part the Reuniclus and Jirachi combo has worked better!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)