Toy Soldiers

Toy Soldiers​
A mix of bulk and offense​
UU is hands-down my favorite tier. Nothing is over-powered to the point of ruining the metagame, and nothing is overused to the point of every team being similar. I think UU has morphed into one of the most balanced tiers, and it's just really fun to play and make teams. And with that, I present you with my 2nd team, Toy Soldiers. It's a bulky offense team, and it works really well in the current metagame. This RMT isn't really an 'I need help' RMT, for i've done at least 200 battles with the team, but more of a showcase to present my favorite team i've made to date. Enjoy!

P.S. I don't know why Shaymin's sprite is floating, maybe he wants to be Sky Forme

The Team​

BoomRoasted (Rotom-Heat) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

The only reason i put Rotom-H on this team is because I once got demolished by a guy using Trick, and the only thing I was thinking the whole time was "wow, Trick is really fucking annoying". And that's why he's here. I lead with him 98% of the time, because i usually Trick their rocks user a Scarf, which is usually something like a Swampert who doesn't like a Scarf. He's then locked in on Stealth Rocks, so I Volt Switch to get switch advantage, and the momentum is already in my favor. The reason why i'm not running any Speed EV's on a scarf set is because 1st turn, Rotom-H always Tricks the Scarf away, so think of him as a sort of wall. Overheat and Volt Switch are on the set for big damage and momentum, respectively, and WoW is an extremely useful move for smacking things like Flygon or Rhyperior coming in on the predicted Volt Switch. Rotom-H is my only special attacker besides Shaymin, so keep him alive if you see lots of physical walls. Other than that, Rotom-H is the most expendable member of the team, so if you need to sacrifice something, he's your man.

BrobatzB4Hoebatz (Crobat) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 136 Spd
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Crobat, like on most teams, is the glue. His 4x resistances to Grass, Fighting, and Bug allow for tons of switch-ins, which he then can proceed to Brave Bird for decent damage or U-Turn for switch initiative. The EV's are meant to give Crobat as much bulk as possible while still outspeeding Max Speed 115's (Raikou, Azelf, Ambipom, and the occasional Cinccinno. Other than that, there's not much to say about Crobat; Taunt shuts down stall and Roost gives him extra survivability.

R(C)ockBlock (Rhyperior) @ Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 60 HP / 188 Atk / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock

This guy does what his name says. Cockblocking Raikou and Zapdos from walking all over my team. The EV's give Rhyperior maximum attacking power while taking two Hidden Power Ices from max Spa Zapdos after hazards. 8 Speed EV's help speedcreep other Rhyperiors and other base 40's, which is extremely useful. He is obviously the Stealth Rocker, and he can also phaze with Dragon Tail. His Rock Blast deals with Subs easily. In addition to taking care of the two Electric titans of the tier, he hard counters any variation of Togekiss, which would otherwise be a problem.

Teddy (Snorlax) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 SDef / 8 Spd / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Snorlax is on the team because he is an extremely reliable Pokemon, and can use his massive bulk and power to his advantage. Banded Return hits like a truck and OHKOs anything that isn't a wall or a resistance. Fire Punch is there to hit Bronzong; without Rotom-H, Bronzong becomes problem #1. Earthquake is there for coverage, and Pursuit is there to trap things like Chandelure and Victini after a V-Create. The reason why i don't have crunch on Snorlax is because I'm not going to be staying in on Ghosts anyway, for most of them carry Will-O-Wisp, and Bronzong becomes a huge threat once Rotom-H is gone.

Mustachio (Mienshao) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace

The ever-so-powerful Scarf Mienshao is here for one reason: cleanup. Hi Jump Kick is insanely powerful, with 221 power after Reckless and STAB, and coming off of base 125 Attack isn't something to laugh at. Stone Edge is there to hit whatever resists HJK, but it's not used often. Aerial ace for Heracross, and the amazing U-Turn is an excellent momentum grabber at any time in the game. The only Pokemon that stops Mienshao from sweeping through teams are Ghosts, and no Ghost type in particular is a problem for the team, so taking it out should be easy.

ColeSlaw (Shaymin) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Synthesis
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Shaymin's original job on this team was to rid the opponent's side of bulky waters' and that's still its job to this day. Shaymin can switch in on any bulky water, bar Slowbro/king's Fire Blast, and proceed to force them out with a powerful Seed Flare. Earth Power has excellent synergy with Seed Flare, hitting Fire, Poison, and Steel type switch ins. To round off the set, HP Ice hits incoming Flying types, and Synthesis lets Shaymin stay around for a while. Without a doubt, Shaymin is the most important member of the team, for it is the only Special Attacker besides Rotom-H, and since Rotom-H is usually the go-to fodder, this team relies alot on Shaymin. Using Synthesis abundantly to keep Shaymin alive is key, and never let Shaymin faint when there is a bulky water around.

Importable
BoomRoasted (Rotom-Heat) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

BrobatzB4Hoebatz (Crobat) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 136 Spd
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Brave Bird
- Roost

R(C)ockBlock (Rhyperior) @ Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 60 HP / 188 Atk / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock

Teddy (Snorlax) @ Choice Band
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 SDef / 8 Spd / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Mustachio (Mienshao) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace

ColeSlaw (Shaymin) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Synthesis
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I definitely remember playing this team before, good job with it. But I honestly can't think of a good reason to give Rotom-H 252 HP EVs. It has a really low base HP stat, and even with max HP it won't be living anything of significance.

Yeah, I remember playing you too. I've seen people run bulky Rotoms, do you think investing in either Def or Sdf would be better? The point of the HP is just to give him some more overall bulk.

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
This team looks very solid overall. That said, I have a couple of minor suggestions.

I'd put Megahorn > Dragon Tail on Rhyperior. It nets you quite a lot of surprise kills on things like Umbreon, Mew, and Claydol and given that those are often the pokes that hold together teams, it can come in massively useful. Because you have full investment in attack, you may as well make full use of Rhyperior's amazing stats and movepool. Don't get me wrong, Dragon Tail is great for phazing, but your team isn't stally enough nor does it have enough hazards to make phazing a really successful tactic.

I prefer Psychic > HP Ice on Shaymin. It gives you some better coverage against things like Roserade, to which it solidly 2HKO's even the SpD Variant, which HP Ice won't. HP Ice is sort of silly in that, unless my memory is shit, Seed Flare already takes out Gligar and Flygon cleanly in one hit. (Besides, they can't really do a whole ton to Shaymin anyway).

Honestly, this team looks pretty amazing ^.^ Best of luck and good job with it overall :)

I'll second Kitten Milk with Psychic over HP Ice on shaymin. Still nets kills on Nidos, Crobats, and Roserades, and can also do away with Htop spinners and Heracross. Higher BP doesnt hurt either. Zapdos now shuts him down, but you have Ryperior for that shiz. Body slam on Snorlax is something to think about, as it isnt much less power than return, but has the handy paralysis chance which could help a few of your slower pokes. I would have suggested superpower over firepunch, but since Bronzong is your threat, Id say keep it as is. Prankster Sableye could cause problems too, as most of your team hates priority W-o-W, taunts, tricks, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)