LC Trapinch (QC 1/1) (GP 1/1)

Altariel von Sweep

They Who Laugh Last
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Trapinch @ Eviolite
Ability: Arena Trap
Level: 5
EVs: 156 HP / 36 Atk / 236 Def / 76 SpD or 156 HP / 36 Atk / 76 Def / 236 SpD
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain / Superpower
- Rock Slide
- Feint

In the recent Smogon Snake Draft phase, Trapinch has seen usage as a trapper that makes use of its bulk and coverage options to more reliably trap specific threats that Diglett cannot trap easily, giving it a niche on some teams. Depending on how its bulk is invested and the coverage options it runs, Trapinch can trap Pawniard, Magnemite, Onix, Tirtouga, and Ferroseed. Thanks to Feint, it can even trap weakened opposing priority users such as Timburr. Despite Trapinch's decent bulk, it appreciates momentum from the likes of Mienfoo and Magnemite, which safely introduce Trapinch to the field. Abra and Gastly form an offensive core that has very few checks, and Trapinch's ability to get rid of Pawniard and Alolan Grimer enhances them in breaking the opposing team. Another offensive core that can be used along with Trapinch is Flying-type spam, as Vullaby and Wingull benefit from Trapinch removing many Flying-type checks such as Onix and Pawniard, which allows the core to wreak havoc by beating each other's checks and counters. Trapinch struggles against Grass- and Water-types, so Pokemon such as Foongus and Ferroseed make for good partners, with the former also providing momentum thanks to Spore and the latter providing utility to ease Trapinch's trapping.

You can watch Trapinch in action in this replay between Dundies and dcae in Smogon Snake Draft: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7lc-393569

Last edited:

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader
sorry I missed this one

Due to its bulk, it is able to switch in and trap threats such as Alolan Grimer and Pawniard.
Both of these use knock off, outspeed it and score a kill. It's kinda long rn, so maybe just remove this line.
Trapinch on the field. Abra and Gastly form an offensive core that has no checks
I'm sure there's some random obscure check out there that I can't think of.

Maybe we could include a replay of trapinch in snake here too. There's plenty to choose from so pick one that highlights it well. Let me know when you pick one and I'll stamp it.

Altariel von Sweep

They Who Laugh Last
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Coco and I have gone through this on Discord when deciding for the replay, and QC has been implemented. Ready for GP.

Captura de pantalla (143).png

frenzyplant

Inertia is a property of matter.
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1/1 :)

add remove (comments)

(you're slightly over 1,000 characters, so I underlined a few portions that I think could be removed. they might influence meaning, however, so it's your choice whether you want to remove them or not)

Trapinch @ Eviolite
Ability: Arena Trap
Level: 5
EVs: 156 HP / 36 Atk / 236 Def / 76 SpD
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain / Superpower
- Rock Slide
- Feint

In the recent Smogon Snake Draft phase, Trapinch has seen usage as a bulky (this change may influence your meaning, but you mention its bulk later on in the sentence?) trapper which that makes use of its bulk and coverage options, allowing it ("makes use of" already has this part of the meaning in it, so this phrase isn't necessary) to more reliably trap specific threats that Diglett can not cannot trap easily, thus giving it a niche on some teams. Depending on how the its bulk is invested and the coverage options it runs, Trapinch can trap Pawniard, Magnemite, Onix, Tirtouga, and Ferroseed. Thanks to Feint, it can even trap weakened opposing priority users such as Timburr. Despite Trapinch is decently bulky, (you need a noun after "Despite" so use something like "Despite Trapinch's decent bulk," or "Although Trapinch is decently bulky,") it appreciates momentum from the likes of Mienfoo and Magnemite, which allows to ("allow" needs an object, so either delete "allows to" or change it to something like "allow you to") safely introduce Trapinch on to the field. Abra and Gastly form an offensive core that has very few checks, and the ability of Trapinch Trapinch's ability to get rid of Pawniard and Alolan Grimer enhances them to start in breaking the opposing team. Another offensive core that can be used along with Trapinch is Flying-type spam, as Vullaby and Wingull benefit from Trapinch removing many of the Flying-type checks such as Onix and Pawniard that threaten them, (if Onix and Pawniard are Flying-type checks, I think it is redundant to say that they threaten Flying-types) which allows the core to wreck wreak havoc by beating each other's checks and counters. Trapinch struggles against Grass- and Water-types, so Pokemon such as Foongus and Ferroseed make up for good partners, (to "make for" something is to be that thing, but to "make up for" something is to balance out the lack of that thing) with the former one also providing momentum thanks to Spore, (remove comma) and the latter one providing utility for Trapinch to ease its Trapinch's trapping abilities. (I think it might make more sense to say that it makes Trapinch's trapping easier, instead of saying that it makes Trapinch's trapping ability easier)

You can watch Trapinch in action in this replay of Dundies vs dcae of between Dundies and dcae in Smogon Snake Draft: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7lc-393569

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)