Trick Room + Rain = You Decide!

Trick Room + Rain!

I love Trick Room and I love Politoed (even though he's OU), so why not try to make a hybrid team of TR with a little bit of rain? I battle competitively with my friends but we DO NOT use Legendary's, so please do not suggest any if you decide to leave feedback. This is my first attempt at this team so bare with me but leave constructive criticism if you want to! Thanks guys enjoy!

The Line Up

He who makes it rain

Kyle (Politoed) @ Leftovers
Nature:Sassy
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP/130 Def/126 SpD

-Scald
-Toxic
-Perish Song
-Focus Blast

The summoner of infinite rain! Politoed. I went with a defensive version of him because his STAB Scald will be getting a rain boost plus a 30% chance of burn. Perish Song is to prevent certain sweepers from setting up, while Focus Blast is to hit those pesky Steel types. Toxic is just a filler status indicing move for stalling out. Mainly, his purpose is to set up the rain and be as bulky is possible just incase the rain goes away...(Ninetails, TTar, Hippowdon...I'm watching you).

The Trick Room Setters

Orville (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD

-Trick Room
-Recover
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

Pretty standard TR move set. I can switch in this guy to basically anything and know I can take a hit like a champ, set up TR, and then Recover the damage taken on this switch. Porygon2 has always been bulky, but with Eviolite, he is one of the best walls in the game (not counting Legendary's). BoltBeam coverage is superb, and 105 base Special Attack isn't bad either. Not much more to say about this guy except he is a BITCH to take down.

Lloyd (Dusclops) @ Eviolite
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpD/4 Def

-Trick Room
-Pain Split
-Will-O-Wisp
-Night Shade

My 2nd Trick Roomer and yet another serious wall thanks to Eviolite. With outstanding 40/130/130 Defenses PLUS Eviolite boost, this guy is a freaking tank! Another basic TR move set that works wonders. Dusclops has pretty weak Offenses, so Night Shade is his only real attacking move that deals 50-100 damage every time (based on your level). Will-O-Wisp is for crippling any physical attackers, and Pain Split is for recovery Dusclops also picks up the Fighting weakness I have for Porygon2. They work very well together those two.

Brian (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/152 Atk/8 Def/96 SpD

-Trick Room
-Gyro Ball
-Light Screen
-Stealth Rock

Bronzong is my hazard setter and 3rd Trick Roomer. His great typing allows him to switch in to most attacks and take a hit and set up TR or Rocks. Bronzong works great in the rain too. Levitate gives him immunity to Ground moves, leaving him with only 1 weakness (Fire), which is halved in the rain! Basically leaving Bronzong with zero weaknesses and plenty of resistances thanks to his secondary Steel typing. Gyro Ball is a solid STAB move, and with a negative nature, 0 IVs and 0 EVs in Speed...it's gonna destroy. Light screen is just a last slot filler move to help out those less fortunate in the Special Defense area.

The Sweepers

Eric (Crawdaunt) @ Life Orb
Nature: Brave
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk/132 HP/124 SpD

-Waterfall
-Crunch
-Knock Off
-Swords Dance

I freaking love this guy. 120 base attack stat, Brave nature, STAB+Rain boosted Waterfall, and...Adaptability. Anything who doesn't resist this beast is going to get hurt. Bad. Waterfall and Crunch are his main sources of power thanks to his ability granting him 2x STAB boost instead of 1.5x normally. Swords Dance is there incase I'm predicting a switch, and Knock Off is just a filler move if I want to get rid of a sweepers item. This guy is a monster.

Candace (Clamperl) @ DeepSeaTooth
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 SpA/252 HP/4 SpD

-Surf
-Ice beam
-Protect
-Hidden Power[Grass]

Beware the Almighty power of Candace! Virtually unstoppable while TR+Rain is up. Devastating anything in its path. Clamperl is the special attacking version of Marowak (another one of my favorite TR sweepers), but even more powerful thanks to the rain. Surf and Ice Beam together are amazing, while Protect is for anyone thinking they can use Fake Out on her. Hidden Power Grass is for any Water type that thinks they can switch in safely or for Water Absorbers. If you are not prepared for this all-out beast, you will forever be in pain.

Well, that's it guys. I won my first battle today against my brother (5-0'd him). Let me know what you guys think I should change around or substitute for better options! Thanks alot!

Politoed is an Overused Pokemon so this should be in the OU subforum. It doesn't matter that the rest of the team is UU. Alternatively, if you have friends guillible enough to allow Politoed in UU, run Specs and watch it demolish a tier where fire is the big type to prepare for.

Ah, my bad guys I didn't know that even if you have 1 guy that is OU it has to be in the OU forum...i'll re post it there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)