Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Baton Pass
- Curse
- Trick Room
- Calm Mind
Espeon is on my team for Fast Bulky Support. It's ability Magic Bounce is a godsend when dealing with Gliscor or Ferrothorn in early game. Air Balloon is on there to counter EQ mostly although I've found it can be helpful in other circumstances. Curse is there for synergy with Trick room and Calm mind is their in case my circumstances change.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Stone Edge
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
Tyranitar is on my team as a Bulky Special Hitter and For the synergy with Steelix-M's ability as Well as hippodown's . It has lefties for prolonged sustenance in case of status. Ice beam for Countering dragons if necessary. Fire Blast is on there for the inevitable Breloom. Stone Edge for talon flame ect. and Dark pulse for the Random Psychic types that might pop up such as Garde or Gallade.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Toxic
Hippowdon is on the team as a Bulky Physical Hitter. Lefties for longer over all dmg absorb and incase of a status problem. EQ is some what self explanatory. Stealth rocks for entry hazards because it's can hurt to have at least 1 entry haz. Slack off for even more dmg absorbed overall. And toxic as an extra Status after dusknoirs Will-o-wisp.

Dusknoir @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Seismic Toss
Dusknoir is on the team for a Spd wall. Trick Room as a Refresh for Espeon's. Pain Split for extended survivability. Will-o-wisp as the Primary status causing move on my team. And Seismic Toss against taunting and normal or steel types.

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Stone Edge
Steelix is on my team as an all around bad-arse with almost 360hp, 300 attack, and 430 defense.
Gyro Ball is their as a Multi-tool. EQ is again self explanatory. Fire Fang for switch into grass types such as Sceptile-M. Stone Edge is in case of Dragons or other Super speeders.

Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
Brave Nature
- Bonemerang
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
Marowak is on my team for a physical esc attacker. Thick Club for the doubling dmg. Bonemerang because it's considered one of the most powerful ground types (published by the creators of pokemon). Knock of for the dark typing to counter psychic's and for the knocking off effect. Stone Edge is their for the criticals. And Sub is their for extended survive.
Edit: I have read the rules and tried to comply as much as possible without to much repetition.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
Hi! Welcome to Smogon. Interesting team.

To begin with, Espeon isn't too great as a Trick Room setter. Magic bounce is nice, but it isn't neccesary to bounce back stealth rock given that most of your team resists it. I suggest replacing it with Bronzong. It can do what espeon does, except it is bulkier, it can set up its own hazards, and it does not compound weaknesses (water) with the rest of your team (as a mon like diancie would). It even has access to explosion to get off huge damage and get instant momentum.

To replace Dusknoir as a bulky trick room setter, Porygon2 will get the job done. Not only is it bulkier than dusknoir, it is also stronger. Access to reliable recovery also gives it longevity.

Hippowdon is not super neccesary with the addition of Bronzong, so I suggest replacing it with either Reuniclus or Crawdaunt. Reuniclus will allow you to both set trick room and sweep at the same time, plus it takes no damage from sand. Crawdaunt is a much harder hitting mon, and it resists water/ice which is nice, but it cannot set trick room, and it is frail. Having another trick room setter is definitely a good idea given how much your team relies on it.

A small change from Leftovers ->Expert Belt or Soft Sand on Tyranitar will prove to be worthwhile. You want to take advantage of every turn in trick room, so a power-boosting item is ideal. Soft sand, on the other hand, gives your sand force mon a bit more time to wreck things.

Finally, I think that as a sand force sweeper, steelix is a bit outclassed by Garchomp. Garchomp is quite a bit harder hitting (it hits 482 attack!), and the extra speed can help you out while trick room is not up. Its mega form is also very bulky, and it will accomplish pretty much the same thing.

Overall, the team isn't great, but that's okay. The more that you play, the more that you will learn, and you will improve quickly! Might I recommend the Battling 101 program as a quick start to doing so? :) Note that the changes that I made were, for the most part, simply swapping two mons with the same roles. Many of the pokemon that you chose are simply outclassed in OU, and swapping them with more competitive mons is an easy fix that keeps the purpose of the team intact, while making it more viable. Play around with it, and make changes as you see fit. :)

Sets:
Bronzong @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk /4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw/Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)