Trickster: Sand in your pants. [First RMT]

EDIT: Any chance a mod could add a t in Trickser to make it Trickster?

So this is my first RMT. I made this team with Havak during the my original participation in the Tutoring program, before resting it, however I want to pick it back up again, but I am also looking to freshen it up abit in order to improve my game

Team at a glance:

The Team

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/130 Def/128 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Hypnosis
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball

Bronzong is my TR lead, being a nice wall allows him to come back repeatedly to pull off TR as long as I can keep him out of contact with any fire attacks.
---

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 SDef
Brave nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch

Tyranitar is the core in which my team is based around on. Fire Punch is to stop being shut down by any Forry/Skarmory, aswell as Pursuit for those attempting to switch out from it. Rock Slide was chosen over Stone Edge for the Flinch Chance as T-tar will generally outspeed poke in TR Conditions
---

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 202 HP/252 Def/56 SAtk
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Toxic
- Wish

My Garchomp counter aswell as Wish passer in order to keep my Trick Roomers alive. Tends to come in on water attacks aimed at Camerupt and scares off would be threating Gyarados's
---

Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 166 HP/100 Atk/16 Def/228 SAtk
Quiet nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Meteor Mash

MixGross, I orginally played with Gyro Ball instead of MM but found the damage abit lacking, felt that coverage of Ground was covered by other two so I opted for Psychic for Heracross and any other fighters coming my way.
---

Camerupt (M) @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 162 HP/96 Atk/252 SAtk
Quiet nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Earth Power
- Eruption
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Camerupt is normally bound to the lower regions of UU but in Trick Room conditions he really can hold his own, I originally ran Brave but found it unable to kill Blissey without Explosion. HP Elec is for Gyarados.
---

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 204 HP/96 Atk/54 SAtk/154 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Ice Beam
- Charge Beam
- Reflect
- Trick Room

My 2nd TRoomer as well as my 2nd Garchomp counter, Trick Rooms, Reflects to help my team prevent damage, and Psudeo-Boltbeam for coverage.

I toyed with a couple of ideas and found them to be abit lacking (Aerial Ace on T-tar, HP Grass on Camerupt). Looking for ideas in order to make this team more competitive

Most Trick Rooms, such as this suffer from a weakness to Taunt. Sadly, two of the most popular Taunters (and for good reason) can really run through this Team unless Trick Room has already been setup.

If Cresselia dies (to a stray Pursuit from a Heracross or a Tyranitar), BulkyDos can Taunt and Dragon Dance up against nearly your entire team. Camerupt will be swiftly OHKO'd with Waterfall before it uses HP Elec, Metagross is almost completely walled, Tyranitar has a chance but Rock Slide isn't all that intimidating. Taunt prevents Vaporeon and Bronzong from doing anything substantial.

Likewise with Gyarados, TauntTran can be a problem. It completely shuts down Bronzong and Cresselia, walls Metagross (a NVE Psychic is your best shot) and outspeeds Camerupt without TR. Tyranitar and Vaporeon seem to be your best bets, right now. CB Tar and CB Cross can also run pretty rampant 2HKOing nearly everything on this team. And with Pursuit, Cresselia will probably be going down pretty soon as it also lacks any sort of recovery outside of Vappy's Wishes.

A Thick-Fat Hariyama can help deal with your weakness to Fire, Rock, Dark and Bug (While it's Psychic and Flying weaknesses are entirely covered by Bronzong, Metagross and Tyranitar) and could be used over Camerupt. With ThunderPunch (for Gyarados) and Cross Chop (for Heatran/Tyranitar) it can already cover a variety of threats. The last two moves are up to you, RestTalk, Phazing, more offence, your choice.

The thing I'd be most worried about here is Infernape. It seems to be able to fuck over just about anything without Trick Room, with Vaporeon the only hope you have, which isn't all that reliable as well since it's depended upon for so many other things. The thing I'd like to do is not to fix that defensively, but to fix it offensively. Every Trick Room team still needs a fast attacker, for just in case TR isn't up, or if Taunter's are getting annoying. Common Taunt Pokes include: Gyarados, Skarmory, Gliscor, Heatran, Spiritomb, Tyranitar. Offensively, I think the one Poke that does best against all of those is probably Deoxys-E, sans Spiritomb. And, ironicly, DE is probably the fastest thing there is, therefore, you'll either be always first or always last, no question about it. I'd personally say we can get rid of Camerupt for it, as everything else can hold it down anyways. Another ironic thing is DE can also Taunt, if you really do want to beat Blissey with it as well (Taunt+Super Power).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)