Tricky Trick Room attempt!!!

TRICKY TRICK ROOM

Ok, so this is kind of my second team that I've posted on this forum. I havn't tried this team out yet so bare with me lol. I have been battling my friends with my previous team which was also a trick room team and it was doing me very very well but I wanted to switch it up a little bit and see how this group of guys worked out for me.

*Note* Me and my friends battle competitively but we do not use Lengendaries, Ubers, or choice items!

Rhonda(Whimsicott) @Big Root
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD

-Trick Room
-Taunt
-Encore
-Leech Seed

--I love this pokemon. Prankster is hands down one of the greatest abilities in the game...I'm not sure if TR will still work because of its -7 priority so if anyone knows if prankster still works with TR please let me know. Rhonda is my lead...Taunt and Encore work miracles together and I get to scout out my opponents strategy. Then, well...leech seed and Encore trap sets in for an automatic switch out :] Big Root instead of Lefties incase I switch out to another poke.

Francis(Forretress) @Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD

-Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Explosion
-Stealth Rock

--My Physical Wall and entry hazard setter-upper. With 416 Def and 354 HP at lvl 100, this guy is a great Physical Wall. Once TR is up, he is insanely fast due to his 40 base speed, therefore able to set up some Stealth Rocks and a few layers of Spikes. Rapid spin to shake off any enemies entry hazards, and once his job is done, EXPLOSION!

Orville(Porygon2) @Eviolite
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpD/4 Def

-Trick Room
-Ice Beam
-Recover
-Thunderbolt

--My second Trick Roomer. Pretty standard moveset for this digital duck. He is one of the bulkiest pokemon in the game with eviolite due to his 85 base HP, 90 base Def and 95 SpD stats. Ice Beam and Tbolt for good coverage moves and Recover to stall :] With his Trace ability, he is able to switch easily into Gyrados and force switch him out of there. He is also easily able to switch into a Multiscale Dragonite to make him that much bulkier.

Henry(scrafty) @Leftovers
Nature: Brave
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpD/4 Def

-Bulk Up
-Crunch
-Rock Slide
-Drain Punch

--My favorite pokemon of the new gen. Great bulk and a decent Atk stat that can be easily raised with Bulk Up + Moxie boosts...a potential TR sweeper. Crunch and Drain Punch are great STAB moves and he is able to heal with Drain Punch. Bulk Up to further his already good Defense, and Rock Slide for coverage against Flying types.

Mark(Marowak) @Thick Club
Nature: Brave
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def

-Earthquake
-Fire Punch
-Double Edge
-Bonemerang

--This is my ultimate Physical Beast. With a Brave nature and 252 Atk EVs, Marowaks Attack stat reaches monsterous heights. He is basically my late game clean up. If I can set up a TR, he will pretty much OHKO most pokemon with neutral damage done and be faster because of his slow speed. Earthquake is the main move in this set, along with Bonemerang for a chance of critical hits, and can one hit pokes with Sturdy or Focus Sash. Fire Punch is great coverage, and thanks to his ability Rock Head, Double Edge means no recoil! But Earthquake will most likely always hit harder due to STAB.

Samuel(Snorlax) @Lum Berry
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpD/4 Atk

-Curse
-Return
-Rest
-Recycle

--This is a moveset I have never used on Snorlax before, but I am willing to give it a try. Snorlax is my Special Wall and Rest abuser. Thanks to Lum Berry I can always wake right up after Resting and then if my opponent gets sick and tired of that and switches out, I can use Recycle and regain my Lum Berry back to do it all over again :] Curse is used to bulk up his Defense and Attack, as well as making him slower(faster in TR). Return hits harder than Body Slam if he is at full happiness which he is, and he is basically just used to stall out pokemon and do a decent amount of damage while doing it thanks to his base 110 Attack stat :]

Well, that's my team! I havn't gotten a chance to try it out yet but I am definitely looking forward to it...please let me know what you guys think by giving constructive criticism and advice on moves/natures/anything else! Thanks!!

Prankster adds 1 priority, meaning that you have -6 priority Trick Room. What I would do is TR on a Roar or Whirlwind from a slower Pokemon and let your TR sweeper get brought out.

a few things first is snolax and scrafty: when you use trick room you are on a timer and really don't have time to set up, while both sets are very good at creating a slow powerful sweeper it is going to take way too long to get them there and trick room will have ended. when running trick room look at things that dont need setup and and sweep right away

i would take out snolax and add heatran:
you get a special attacker to deal with skarm, ferrothorn, and fortress, either a specs or life orb set
Heatran (M) @ Choice Specs/Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Eruption
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
this allows heatran to sweep right away when passed from trick room and get many kills specs eruption when at 100% will blow a hole in anything, lava plume is there when your hp gets lower and the burn chance is very useful

Now for your lead:
try this set it may seem very odd but it will get trick room up almost always
Espeon (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]/Baton Pass

thanks to magic bounce you are immune to taunt and entry hazzards, also 130 spec att hits very hard and can net a few kills hp fire is useful for ferrothorn, metagross and scizor but baton pass lets you get out of pursuit trapping tyranitar

lastly you only have 2 pokes to set up trick room, i would say that bronzong could fit in well over fortress, you loose the spinning which is hard but gain another trickroom pokemon run max hp max def and min speed

i recommend changing bonemerang with substitute @ marowak, its much great cuz sometimes after switching to it, they know what will happen, and probably they'll switch out, and that will be a waste of TR turn :D and 2 TR user isnt that good, if you could change your foretress with a dusknoir or duskclops or slowbro that will be great :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)