Triple Orb

Alright so this is one of the first teams I made in uu, made it a couple months back and it has really proved to be very succesful for me, unfortunately I can't brag about my positions in the ladder since I don't ladder much, I prefer to just play casually. However I rarely lose with this team and in my opinion it's just a really fun team to play with so here's the team:

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spdef / 252 Hp / 4 Def
IVs: 0 Spe
Nature: Sassy (-Spe, +Spdef)

- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Gyro Ball

The Stealth Rocker/ Special Wall of the team is Bronzong, He can take special hits quite well, set up Stealth Rocks, and Toxic walls while himself being immune to Toxic. Hp Ice is for Gligar and Flygon hitting them for massive damage, and Gyro Ball with a negative speed nature and 0 speed IVs hits really hard, especially on boosted sweepers.

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Spdef / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -Spatk)

- Fake Out
- U-Turn
- Stone Edge
- Hi Jump Kick

Classic Life Orb Mienshao. Fake Out is for priority and free damage, U-turn is to scout and deal reasonable damage. Fighting and Rock have great coverage so Stone Edge is there for the third spot and lastly STAB Hi Jump Kick which is extremely powerful and dents anything not resistant to it. EVs are to Hit as hard as possible while outspeeding the most amount of pokemon which is important for a frail pokemon like Mienshao.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Spdef / 4 Spe
Nature: Calm (+Spdef, -Spe)

- Taunt
- Will o' Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play

Prime candidate to the most annoying pokemon of all time, together with Jirachi and Togekiss. This thing is very very good to cripple my opponents walls to ease the work for my sweepers. It is also excellent vs physical attackers because of priority Will o Wisp, hence the Spdef investment as it can already take non fire types physical moves well enough because of the burn. For walls such as Resttalk Dusclops or Snorlax, taunt will render them helpless. Priority Recover is always nice to keep at a good amount of HP and Foul Play hits hard on strong physical attackers (I have been considering changing this to Night Shade however).

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Spdef
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)

- Roar
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Scald

Standard physically defensive Blastoise. Rapid Spin is very important especially in UU where entry hazards are continuously spammed, and Blastoise is probably the most common in UU. Good Bulk to take repeated physical hits, Sableye helps with this as he spreads burn through the opponents team. Roar is to phaze out boosting sweepers and rack up SR damage, Toxic is for opposing walls, Rapid Spin gets rid of entry hazards which is very important as my team is pretty weak to them. Scald has a hefty burn chance as well as STAB and hits common spinblocker Chandelure should it want to switch in.

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe / 8 Spdef
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Spatk)

- Extremespeed
- Morning Sun
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz

Offensive Arcanine really packs a punch, and is incredibly valuable because of its Flash Fire ability, as it allows me to play mindgames with Victini, Darmanitan and other Arcanine as they are afraid to go for the fire move fearing I switch into Arcanine and get a free Flash Fire boost. It also helps that the majority of Arcanine these days are Intimidate variants so it is not quite as expected right off the bat. Extremespeed hits hard with Adamant max attack and Life Orb and is arguably the best priority move in the game, Morning Sun helps heal all the Life Orb, entry hazard and recoil damage that wears down Arcanine incredibly fast, Wild Charge is for bulky waters like Slowbro and Milotic, and also for things that resist Flare Blitz. Flare Blitz is Arcanine's main STAB and hits very very hard.

Azelf @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spatk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)

- Nasty Plot
- Grass Knot
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock

Nasty Plot Azelf is one of the most dangerous late game cleaners in the tier, Grass Knot is for bulky water types. Milotic especially gets raped by Grass Knot, and hits Slowbro and Suicune for good damage. Fire Blast is for Grass and Steel types and possesses great power with ok accuracy, finally Psyshock is for STAB and hits very hard off of base 125 Spatk with a Life Orb.

Well that's the team, any suggestions to improve my team are greatly appreciated as are all opinions given.

Standard Fake Out Mienshao is really easy to counter, not to mention that Choice Scarf users (most notably Chandelure) can take it out after the predicted Fake Out. Or you can bring a wall in to take little damage from the Fake out I have taken so many Fake Out leads out unscathed or with little harm. Choice Scarf Mienshao is much less predictable, and can function as a Revenge Killer for the rest of your team. Seriously, unless if you are using Kanghaskan, who has Scrappy to hit ghost types, or you are in VGC, do not mess around with Fake Out.

Mienshao (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

*Note: The IVs enable HP Ice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)