ORAS OU Triple Wish Stall (Peaked #1 with 1935 ladder points)

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

Arts by Zeno

Well, strange but true, I built this team yesterday, to prove myself that stall is not only Gothicancer + Shedinja, starting from a different core that lately has been edited. With this team I peaked #1 on Pokémon Showdown!'s Ladder without any kind of effort and with a not bad at all win rate. Ya know, ladder is a pain, i faced SUBSTITUTE CHANSEYS and IRON TAIL PORYGONS2 but this team survived it all and now is here since i want to share it with the Smogon Community. The basic idea was to build around Bronzong + Gastrodon + Talonflame since it's a solid core without many weaknesses but suddenly I replaced Gastrodon with Alomomola to have a Wish User and a solid defensive presence. The core was solid, but it lacked of a real special sponge so I included a Chansey too and to prevent Bronzong from a lot of pressure, I gave her a Wish set too. Then the core was solid but hazardz and Helmet Chompy gave me a lot of problems, so I inserted Mega Sableye too, since i was lacking of a Mega Mon. Now the only problem were Serperiors, Manaphys, SD users in general and since Chansey had no free slots to use Heal Bell, I needed a beller too and then my choice went to Clefable. Well, all perfect but... WTF I FORGOT THE DEFOGGER LMAO. Then I sadly changed my bronzong into Skarmory, that also offers me the Spikes Support. The team is now complete and looks like below.

XY Cancermon (Alomomola) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

Alomomola is one of my favorite mons since BW. Her exceptional physical bulkiness and the access to Regenerator as ability makes her one of the hard nuts of the team. She is the first Wish Passer of the team and one of the first switch ins on pokémon such as Weavile, Keldeo, Azumarill (except if Drum), SD Talonflame, Mamoswine. Rocky helmet allows her to wall and damage Metagross even with Grass Knot (she is 3hko). Scald is a 30 % burn (that burns only when you don't really need it) and Toxic hits Rotom and Bulky waters switching in on alomomola.

HotBird (Talonflame) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 224 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Brave Bird

The metagame's evolution leads Talonflame to have his main set in Special Defense. He's my main stallbreaker with hazardz up and my first switch in on Serperior, Char Y. He prevents me to be swept by Clefable (even if I've Unaware fable too) and often burns Hippos, Drills, TTars, Bisharps. He also is a nice resource against fairies such as Gardevoir and against some type of steel like Mega Scizor or CB Scizor. He often cleans the whole match and creates pressure with Taunt+Wow and thanks to his powerful priority move.

HitMe (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Defog
- Iron Head

Skarmory is my main Diancie/Latwins resistor and my only chance to remove hazardz from the field. I'm still wondering if keeping its Leftovers or replace them with Shed Shell to manage Diancie + Zone teams (even i'f i've Chansey too). Iron head is the only steel stab it can use (except for steel wing but plz) and it kills Diancie doing a ton of damage on the common Magic Guard Calm Mind Clefable. Even if Special Defense, it can switch in on the common Spin Sand Rush Excadrill and tanks Modest Saur's Hp fire allowing me to set a lot of spikes' layers on the oppo field. I'm also wondering if running Counter > Iron head but idk...

Blissey? Pff (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock

Lol this gif. Anyway, times change but Chansey is still a solid presence when you manage to build stall. It's my second wish support mon, and the one able to pass a lot of hps refulling sableye, fable, skarmo... Evs spread and moves they are kinda obvious and I think they don't really need an explanation. The only move a bit "weird" is Stealth Rock on Chansey. When I had Bronzong, Chansey had the annoying Toxic but since I ran Skarmory i preferred to run Spikes + Stealth Rocks in order to obtain even more Hazardz Pressure.

WheresGothi (Sableye) (M) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

It's clear: if you are thinking about Sableye, the first thing you can image is a cancergothistall. Well, Sableye can also be used without gothi and shedinja (!) doing its dirty work for the team. It bounces status, hazardz, makes useless opposing ferrothorns, hippowdons, skarmories. It also burns Bisharp and in the first turn it can burn Azumarills or things that usually outspeed it. I prefer Foul Play > Fake Out in order to hit hard/kill Talonflames, Charizard X and especially Gliscors. Recover is the obvious recovery move (what a genius). Said that, Sableye is the only viable mon (besides Slowbro) capable of switch in safely on Mega Medicham.

ClefEvil (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 212 HP / 180 Def / 108 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

It's raining men! Well, clefable is my last (I think they're enough now O_O) wish support mon, able to tank a lot of setup mons such as Manaphy, Serperior, CM Keldeo, CM Kazam, CM everything. It's also my heal bell user since Alomomola switching on Keldeo's scalds it often take burns so... Its spread is able to check also Latwins (Latios is a bit rough tho but still a decent check). I'm still wondering how does game freak make this thing able to be S rank O_O

ETT

HitMe (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Defog
- Iron Head

XY Cancermon (Alomomola) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

HotBird (Talonflame) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 224 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Blissey? Pff (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock

WheresGothi (Sableye) (M) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

ClefEvil (Clefable) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 212 HP / 180 Def / 108 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

So this is the team, I hope you enjoy it and that you'll try it. If you did it, lemme know what are you thinking about it!

Special thanks to:

- Gypsy King
- Tomyc
- amber lamps
- Andre48
- toxigen734
- milak (6 sesky)

;]]

Last edited:
sub cm keldeo and drum azu look like huge threats u only have Clef which only has 8 heal beall and will get burned. + it takes a ton from Azus Play rough 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 212 HP / 180 Def Clefable: 186-220 (48.4 - 57.2%) -- 45.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Like any combinatiomn of manaphy + drum azu or sub cm keldeo + drum azu will put so much pressure on clef

Unless u wanna scout for choice locked mons I see no reason to run protect> Soft-Boiled on Chansey.

Maybe u can handle the above mentioned threads I would like to hear if I missed something that beats those reliable.

Besides that cool team/Peak. :)

Hey -Snow!

Cool team you have here! Reminds me of an earlier RMT of mine which, featuring some cool mons for stall that don't get the time of day, because of goth-stall "outclassing" them and making them "redundant". But ofc this isn't true, as can be seen here in your RMT. In sayin this I think there could be a few adjustments made to improve this team, so I'll get straight into it!

Firstly, the lack of a win con baring the usually stalls status + hazard stacking, is something that concerns me, as in ORAS with the large about of powerful threats out there that can reliable pressure ones team to prevent hazard setting or even statusing makes this not as reliable as I think we would like to believe. I really feel that the use of Bulk Up > WoW on Talonflame would be really great here, as it allows for that definitive win condition that can always clean out games provide the right position is provide. The lose of WoW isn't that huge either for the team, as you still have plenty of ways to spread status and wear down your opponents team. Alternatively you could replace taunt, but I don't think it's all to nessary to have an extra status when you have so many spreaders already and the utility that taunt provides is really nice for your team.

Secondly, when using my team that also didn't have a ground type to kill momteum for mons like Mane and Raikou switching around to achieve swicth initiative. I found it super important to keep hazards off the field at all costs, as it would reduce the effectiveness of these switches. That's why I ran and now suggest to you, to run Fake Out > Foul Play, as it effectively insures a free Mega Evolution to get your Magic Bounce activated as soon as possible to prevent those annoying hazards. The lose of foul play isn't anything terrible either with mons like gliscor and talonflame respectively handled by other mons. In saying this, these mons are still threats even without foul play, as BU Talonflame can easily set up on Sableye as well as foul play still being a 3hko on +2 gliscor. They just need playing around and I don't think a valuable move slot to gain chip damage and immediate Mega Evolution, should be wasted on a move thats not exactly getting the job done.

Finally, your current Clefable spread, although I'm not to sure what it does, I believe could more efficiently handle BD Azumarill, Latios and threats alike. With your current investment, Play Rough is a role and so is Psyshock. Although relelativy both low, after Stealth rock damage, they become much more in favour of your opponent even after a protect. That why I suggest, this spread 248 Hp / 228 Def / 28 + SpD, as it effectively makes both Psyshock and Play Rough no longer a role and also takes three rains boosted scalds from manaphy. Like I said though, I don't know what your spread is for, but seeing as a Calm Mind Latios and a Belly Drum Azumarill, look to be huge threats after your Clefable is gone, I think you might want to play it safe with this spread.

That's all I had to touch upon rate wise. I really like this team and the message behind it, of goth-stall isn't the only stall. Its also really reminiscent for me as it reminds me of my old RMT, so this team hits right in the feels for me. Keep doing what your doing snow, you're doing great :]

Hey bro nice team, i like so much that that u run the evs spread that have exactly the leftovers recovery that can have the most advantage.
well have my recomendations r this ones

-Run in
Toxic/T-Wave>Protect and Soft-Boiled>Wish, i know that the core is around triple wish, but happens that chansey not always is allowed to stay 2 turns for do wish and protect, cuz is chansey is low of HP and the other guy have a mon that set up in the physical part can put u in troubles.

-
can destroy all ur team having the set of Substitute, Waterfall, Crunch and DD like u dont have nothing that can handdle with this mon if he gets momentum, maybe run Whirwind in
can help a little bit

- Maybe Run Fake Out/Protect>Foul Play in
this will give the opportunity of safe mega and cant let the opponent to put hazards.

Well i dont have another recomendation bell team amico :].

busyguy

formerly mil
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey, your team looks ugly and I hate it (:

Just like Snowy. said you have no wincondition and also no Pokemon that stops Volt Switches. I think BU Talonflame works well here too but I have another idea too.
(Curse) >

Gastrodon @ Leftovers | Storm Drain
Relaxed 252 HP / 252 Def / 4SpD
Scald / Earthquake / Curse / Recover
  • Gastrodon can wall Keldeo too and is never 2hkod by Specs Secret Sword if Rocks are not up. Water moves don't affect it and you have a risk-free Scald switchin.
  • Due to its typing you can switch it into Volt Switch from Manectric, Raikou, Rotom and also other Electric attacks which Alomomola can't, sapping the opponent's momentum. Thundurus could carry Grass Knot though an Ko you.
  • Curse allows you to set up late game when checks and counters have been stalled out
  • Gastro gives you an answer to CroCune. How do you beat it with your current team ? It just 6-0s you because it stalls everything out with Pressure
  • where are your Zard X counters ? switches into non boosted Charizard X, Dragon Claw doesn't 2hko and you can force the Dragon Claw and switch into Clefable or do quiet a chunk with Earthquake. Alomomola can be setup bait for Charizard X and thus can take out one of your key members or deal massive damage to your team
Keldeo vs Gastrodon
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gastrodon: 190-225 (44.6 - 52.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Keldeo vs Gastrodon with Rocks
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gastrodon: 190-225 (44.6 - 52.8%) -- 25% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Char X vs Gastrodon
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gastrodon: 174-205 (40.8 - 48.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gastrodon: 131-155 (30.7 - 36.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
Gastrodon vs Char X
0 Atk Gastrodon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 168-200 (56.5 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Hey, nice team! There isn't much to add what hasn't already been said, but I noticed that your team really struggles with Swords Dance Lum Berry Bisharp. It's able to absorb a burn from Talonflame, Alomomola, and Mega Sableye, and then 2HKO with Knock Off or Iron Head. A really easy way to help deal with it, would be to run no item + Acrobatics on Talonflame over Leftovers + Brave Bird. This lets you avoid being 1HKO'd by Knock Off, and gives you a 2nd chance to burn and cripple Bisharp. Overall, this gives you another good switchin to Knock Off users like Weavile and Torn-T in case Mega Sableye happens to get worn down. Also, running Acrobatics means you won't take recoil damage, and it'll be really handy against something like Keldeo, since Talonflame can actually live a Scald, and then 2HKO's with Acrobatics (the recoil damage would kill Talonflame).

+2 0 Atk Mega Sableye Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Bisharp: 165-194 (60.8 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Bisharp Iron Head vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 157-186 (52.1 - 61.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The Bisharp above is Jolly, and the reason it threatens Mega Sableye, is because after absorbing the burn, it'll be at +2, and if it gets a flinch with Iron Head, you'll be forced to switch out, most likely into Talonflame or Alomomola.

+2 252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 224 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 445-525 (126 - 148.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off vs. 224 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 298-352 (84.4 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This is the main calc of interest, and the big thing is that you'll be able to avoid being 1HKO'd by Knock Off while Bisharp attempts to kill you as you go for Will-O-Wisp, and this gives you a 2nd chance to burn Bisharp to prevent it from sweeping the rest of your team.

This is a really minor change, but that's all I got for now. Hope I helped ^_^

And so? If there is Hax or something and i'm near to peak 1, what's wrong with that? I still don't get that O_O
Sure it was HAX... Anyhow, on to the rate,

I've noticed you struggle with strong electrics in general such as Manetric, Raikou, and even Rotom. Secondly, you are stacking spikes with a defog user, and cannot phase out opponents in order to abuse it.

Anyhow, I'd like to know what the Speed on Talonflame accomplishes.

In all honestly I'd drop Chansey and move SR to Skarmory (over spikes) and pick up Ammongus to deal with 2/3 or these threats and create a regen core. I suppose you can really catch Manetric with a spore though.

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
You could consider Toxic on Mega-Sableye (over Knock Off or WoW) so you can play around Bulk Up Taunt Talonflame, which currently cuts through your team like butter. Maybe you could toy with Taunt/Flash (lo!l) if you're into that...

Would definitly run Shed Shell on Skarm, at least for SD Gliscor + Mag.

How does your team fare against opposite Stall? It seems as if Gothitelle gives them a good advantage while you're kinda lacking in the stallbreaking departement (hell, even breaking a good balanced core seems quite complicated).

i have been using this team, and even though its a lot of fun it has a huge weakness to steel
any steel pokemon that sets up you cant hit it, brave bird, scald, iron head pretty much dont do anything
if mega sableye is gone then youre done, especially if they run sub
i was thinking about whirlwind or roar on skarmory somehow

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
What steel are you talking about ?_? For Scizor, for example you've goat a talonflame + sableye + momola that should be enough.

is there anything you would lose out on by using quagsire over alomomola? right now lo sd excadrill just 6-0es you especially since your skarm can't ww (and boosted rock slide/iron head still sting since it's spdef). quag also helps against a ton of pokes that threaten you such as zardx, bisharp, taunt setup talon, earth plate sd sr lando, cbtar stone edge and manectric/raikou/magnezone volt switching to high heaven. maybe weavile is a bit more annoying but with max hp and sufficient defense on clef (which you want anyway for hp fire/cm latios' psyshocks) you should be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)