Invalid Tryharding ? Why ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I post this in suggestions because it seems like the best spot to say this ;

To every PSPlayer, can you all stop tryharding at low ladder ? We can't breathe playing this because even at 1000 the players play like 1900.

- So : A thing that could potentially come great for new players : Training rooms.
Why ? Because we are not all coming from Strategic Pokemon Places and we are not all good at this game directly.

This also links about the [beep] guys/girls who insult us when they win. Chill guys, you won't win anything by winning a game, except your ego to get bigger than your actual body and you will explode. All for what ? Exactly, for nothing, since you don't get to work at any place or win anything by playing Pokémon like a tryhard. Unless you're in a tournament, I don't see the positive reason why you all tryhard like [beep], unless you want people to desert this game and leave it to "unpaid shut down".

- Also the hax dose in this game is huge ! Is it possible to balance it a bit, since it doesn't seem to be the same probabilities as the game and for everyone (but seems huge only to me for some reason as I watched other people battles), so It's like a double bully happening and even if i'm alone to think that right now, it will grow bigger in some times so bare with me :puff:.

Anyway thanks to all youtubers who expose those salty winning guys (PineappleFred / Vizually) :heart:.

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
If you wish to get better at any given format, you can visit said format's chatroom on Showdown and ask for resources; the Trainer Academy chat is also there to help beginners understand how the game works. People playing the game correctly are not "tryhards", but if you want that your losses do not appear in your rating, you can always use another account than your main one, so that your main account's ratings remain unchanged.

If somebody insults you or offends you in any way, you can click their name then the little "... " button to choose to either report or ignore them, depending on how much they broke the rules. There's also an option to ignore your battle opponents.

Finally, the RNG is the same for everyone, you're just more likely to notice bad events when they happen to you, but nobody's getting a special treatment. You can read more about Showdown's RNG here.

I'm sorry but none of these "issues" seem to be changeable without going against the very purpose of Showdown, and without concrete suggestions, there cannot be any change to the game system just because there's "too much hax" or "too many tryhards".

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Lionyx said things well. The only thing I'd add is that these "Showdown salt" videos, while entertaining, do showcase a lot of people breaking Showdown's rules, typically our first rule. As fun as it may be to see them "exposed" on YouTube, please report them should you encounter players like that yourself on Showdown.

Maxouille

Gastrodon east sea <3
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
To every PSPlayer, can you all stop tryharding at low ladder ? We can't breathe playing this because even at 1000 the players play like 1900.
I agree with this, things have changed, people in low ladder now play OU mons in the OU ladder!! we almost see more non-OU pokes at 1900 than at 1000 Elo :((( full of 252 252 EVs from smogon dex because of the automatic smogon set import in the builder and the required minimum invest of EVs by the team validator instead of random spreads as usual.

Also they never forfeit, waiting the moment you will leave to take the AW thanks to the timer grr

Last edited:

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Lionyx answered really well, but I want to add a few things.

When you are facing a good player in low ladder, you should take this as an opportunity to learn, as if you try to think about how he played and why you lost, you may learn a lot more then when you are facing someone stuck in low ladder because he plays 6 unviable Pokemon.

I also think that there aren't much "tryhards" in low ladder, because good players won't stay here for a long time and they don't beneficit from facing beginners. Playing on the ladder is not only about winning, but also about learning and becomming better at the game.

There's also a room on Pokemon Showdown dedicated to training and learning and where you can get rates from decent players for your teams. Lionyx mentionned it, it's the Trainer Academy room, don't hesitate to ask questions or rates there.

Lastly, insults and bad behavior on the ladder have nothing to do with the level of the opponent. There are very polite good players and very unpolite beginners. About the Youtubers you've mentionned, I don't think they try to expose bad behaviour, but they just try to find very unpolite players, so that they can easily get more views without having to get high ladder and play games interesting competitively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)