Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover
How is this team? Comment and add any suggestions if you think it could be made better.

Right well
I mostly need a team with a balance of offense and defense but a friend told me I was lacking synergy so that's why I came here and asked for suggestions b/c we are having an OU only tourney for X/Y coming up and my rival uses a mix of special and physical attackers not to mention a spammer of stealth rocks just thought I'd share that. Btw I only have X not Y.

Ok my explanations:
Noivern I'm using as a fast special attacker and it's ability is very helpful against pokemon that spam substitute and protect like poison heal gliscor. I taught it wild charge to counter any water types or fire/flying types my opponent uses.

Gengar b/c it's a balance of support and fast special attacker with will o' wisp I can easily half a physical attacker's power and spam shadow balls and prevent stat increases with taunt, dazzling gleam is just there for tactical reasons.

Abomasnow b/c I wanted at least one mega on my team and it seemed like a good choice at the time...maybe I just chose b/c I hadn't used it b4 and wanted to see if it would help especially with weather damage

Hippowdon b/c physically and specially defensive and weather damage OP enough said

Alakazam I use as a last defense against hazards with its ability and b/c it has such a high SPA stat and large movepool not to mention its speed stat as well

Quagsire b/c I need to counter electric types and b/c of its ability unaware b/c the ppl I'm battling in this tourney spam things like sword dance or calm mind and I made sure it can stand up to physical attackers as well so I can burn them with scald if my gengar faints and toxic for any tanks that come my way

I realize that I don't have any physical attackers myself but I couldn't come up with any ideas and I've already been in 10 battles with this team on pokemon showdown and I've only lost once and just wanted to get a few more opinions b4 I actually start the long process of breeding b/c I don't gen

I hope this is enough info

Last edited:
Hi,
Which hidden power does
Abomasnow have and i am also with Ohioisonfire why using wild charge?
Abomasnow has hidden power dark for some reason so I need to give it a different move and I chose wild charge to counter water types since the only other counter I have is abomasnow's wood hammer but it's so slow and the recoil damage is just detrimental so I only use it when I'm in a pinch that's why I taught noivern wild charge

Cool team, you can add the descriptions by pressing edit, rather than a separate post.

Life orb > twisted spoon on alakazam! magic guard negates the health drop.

Max speed and special attack for both gengar and noivern, and flamethrower instead of wild charge, also ad a life orb or choise specs over dragon fang. On gengar, sub or sludge bomb over dazzling gleam.

I honestly also think mawile will fit the mega role perfectly on this team. Will add the sets tomorrow ^^

Cool team, you can add the descriptions by pressing edit, rather than a separate post.

Life orb > twisted spoon on alakazam! magic guard negates the health drop.

Max speed and special attack for both gengar and noivern, and flamethrower instead of wild charge, also ad a life orb or choise specs over dragon fang. On gengar, sub or sludge bomb over dazzling gleam.

I honestly also think mawile will fit the mega role perfectly on this team. Will add the sets tomorrow ^^
Thx for the reply those suggestions are actually really helpful and I had no idea that magic guard could do that XD

Thx a lot widetomato and everyone else I made some changes to my team and had a few battles on pokemon showdown and didn't lose a single match. Every battle that I've had I've only had one or two pokemon faint. This team is really gonna help me get to the top thx again.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)