TV & Films Recommendations

Available on Max
SS is one of the greatest.​

Film: Anyone But You (2023)
Genre: ROMCOM
Letterboxd Synopsis: After an amazing first date, Bea and Ben’s fiery attraction turns ice cold — until they find themselves unexpectedly reunited at a destination wedding in Australia. So they do what any two mature adults would do: pretend to be a couple.

p14133357_v_h8_aa.jpg
Movie: Columbus (2017)
Genre: Drama/Rom/Com
IMDb Synopsis: A Korean-born man finds himself stuck in Columbus, Indiana, where his architect father is in a coma. The man meets a young woman who wants to stay in Columbus with her mother, a recovering addict, instead of pursuing her own dreams.

Toshinden

/me flexes softly
is a Social Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
TV & Films Recommendations for the week of April 14th to April 20th

Movies

#Saburo
Film:
The Big Hit (1998)
Genre: Action, Comedy, Crime
IMDb Synopsis: Socially anxious hitman Melvin Smiley, an expert in his lucrative field, goes on a job and falls in love with his kidnapping victim, turning his world upside down.

@ The Benz Mafia
Film:
Ace in the Hole (1951)
Genre: Drama, Film-Noir
IMDb Synopsis: A frustrated former big-city journalist now stuck working for an Albuquerque newspaper exploits a story about a man trapped in a cave to rekindle his career, but the situation quickly escalates into an out-of-control circus.

%Queen of Narnia
Film:
Pet Sematary (2019)
Genre: Horror, Mystery, Thriller
IMDb Synopsis: Dr. Louis Creed and his wife, Rachel, relocate from Boston to rural Maine with their two young children. The couple soon discover a mysterious burial ground hidden deep in the woods near their new home.

Queen of Narnia's note: Wasn't that good, but I'm running out of Rec ideas so I'm just nomming the last movie I watched, lol (Btw, sometimes dead is better).

+marillvibes
Film:
Passengers
Genre: Sci-Fi, Drama, Romance, Thriller
IMDb Synopsis: A malfunction in a sleeping pod on a spacecraft traveling to a distant colony planet wakes one passenger 90 years early.

Marill's Mind: I'm a sucker for Sci-Fi and Romance, so this was a hit home for me. Without giving away much, Chris Pratt's character being so up and down for me is the reason I love this movie so much.

Television

#Soft Flex
Film:
ReBoot
Genre: Animation, Action, Adventure
Description: Bob, a Guardian, defends the system of Mainframe and its inhabitants from viruses and the User. They say the User inputs games for pleasure; no one knows for sure, but he intends to find out!

Show: Superstore
Genre: Comedy
Imdb Description: A look at the lives of employees at a big box store.
Personal Thoughts: This show has become the latest in a line of background noise shows, while still providing some fun humor to laugh along too as I complete tasks around the house.

CynicCyndaquil

UGO Trivia Champion
TV Show: Shogun
Genre: Historical Fiction
IMDb: When a mysterious European ship is found marooned in a nearby fishing village, Lord Yoshii Toranaga discovers secrets that could tip the scales of power and devastate his enemies.
Personal thoughts: It's actually the best show I've seen in years and I'm not ready for it to end. So well produced and written

Available on Netflix
Being 2012 is still very good.
Film: Django Unchained (2012)
Genre: Drama, Western
Letterboxd Synopsis: With the help of a German bounty hunter, a freed slave sets out to rescue his wife from a brutal Mississippi plantation owner.

b03b1d715d81372ef61805bc43e1118bb3425ee26a475319a0fe2d093d5623c5.jpg
TV: The Missing (2014)
Genre: Drama/Crime/Mystery
IMDb Synopsis: Tony and Emily Hughes' vacation turns into a nightmare when their 5-year-old son Oliver disappears from a large celebrating crowd in Northern France.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)