Type Of The Month Club Giveaway [August]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Type Of The Month Club Giveaway
August: Dragon/Fairy
Hello everyone, Lady Valkyrie here and bringing you a very special giveaway. This August, I had the honour of hosting the Type Of The Month Club [TOTMC], a special group here on Smogon where each month members dedicate their time and effort to breeding Pokémon of a particular type. This month, the newest Fairy Type and one of the original overpowered Types: Dragon.

Now, it's time to spread the fruits of our efforts, with a long overdue fairytale giveaway.

How to Participate:
To get one of these little Dragons or Fairies, you'll have to show us your fairytale knowledge. You'll have a choice between answering one of two questions, you'll only have to answer one though and answering both will not get you any more than just the one would. Each person's answer will have to be unique to get their Pokémon however (e.g. you can't copy-paste someone else's answer), so check to make sure no one else has posted what you would have.

So, what's the question(s)?
  • Name a fictional Dragon from any media and specify what fairytale/book/movie/etc it is from. You must also describe the importance or role the Dragon plays in the story OR it's significance to you.
  • Name a fictional Fairy from any media and specify what fairytale/book/movie/etc it is from. You must also describe the importance or role the Fairy plays in the story OR it's significance to you.
Rules:
  • You can only receive one Pokémon. It will be a clone.
  • I've cloned each Pokémon three times so how many of it are available will be listed under them below.
  • Respect the original breeder's redis policy.
  • Credit the original breeder if you use their Pokémon as a parent.
  • Have your IGN/FC in your signature or in your post when you submit your answer.
  • You will receive your Pokémon from me (Lady Valkyrie). Do not hassle me when it comes to collection.

Collection Note:
I'm AEST 10+ so I may seem a tad hard to catch but I usually keep weird hours and am able to trade most of the time. Other club members are able to assist should there be time zone issues.

And now here are the Pokémon available:

Bred by: Mewdraco

Nature: Timid
Ability: Infiltrator
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/30 (Hidden Power Ice)
Moves: Supersonic, Tackle, Switcheroo, Tailwind
OT: Dash
ID: 26914
Redis Policy: Non
Stock: 1

Nature: Adamant
Ability: Mold Breaker
IVs: 31/31/31/16/31/31
Moves: Scratch, Iron Tail
OT: Pepper
ID: 54038
Stock: 3

Ability: Natural Cure
IVs: 31/31/31/16/31/31
Moves: Peck, Growl
OT: Andres
ID: 33220
Redis Policy: Full

IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Stock: 2

Bred by: flargananddingle

Nature: Naive
Ability: Hustle
Moves: Dragon Rage, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Earth Power
OT: カルム
ID: 24359

Bred by: flargananddingle

Nature: Naive
Ability: Rock Head
Moves: Hydro Pump, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rush, Dragon Dance
OT: カルム
ID: 24359

Bred by: evan0913

Nature: Modest
Ability: Sniper
Moves: Octazooka, Water Pulse, Muddy Water, Signal Beam
OT: Dennis
ID: 61166
Stock: 0

Nature: Modest
Ability: Swift Swim
IVs: 31/11/31/31/31/31
Moves: Octazooka, Water Pulse, Muddy Water, Signal Beam
OT: Aragorn
ID: 33859

Nature: Bold
Ability: Flower Veil
IVs: 31/13/31/31/31/31
Moves: Vine Whip, Camouflage, Copycat, Captivate
OT: Favna
ID: 12222

Nature: Bold
Ability: Symbiosis
IVs: 31/04/31/31/31/31
Moves: Vine Whip, Camouflage, Copycat, Captivate
OT: Xinsom
ID: 48740

Bred by: Tatertot

Nature: Quiet
Ability: Static
IVs: 31/xx/31/31/31/0
Moves: Electric Terrain, Eerie Impulse, Agility, Iron Tail
OT: Tate
ID: 28293

RNG'd By: *Trev*

Nature: Impish
Ability: Teravolt
IVs: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
Moves: Tailwind, Magnet Rise, Fusion Bolt, Zen headbutt
OT: HILDA
ID: 51573

Bred By: EnGarde

Ability: Sheer Force
IVs:31/31/31/31/31/31
Moves:Astonish, Sucker Punch, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang
OT: Harrison
ID: 59105
Redis Policy:Non
Nickname is Mr. Mawile

Bred by: awiec

Ability: Aroma Veil
Nature: Relaxed
IVs: 31/21/31/31/31/31
Moves: Refresh, Disable, Captivate, Wish
OT:Serena
ID:62213

Bred by: awiec

Ability: Healer
Nature: Relaxed
IVs: 31/20/31/31/31/31
Moves: Sweet Scent, Fairy Wind
OT: Nathan
ID: 17287
Redis Policy: Semi

Bred by: Lady Valkyrie

Nature: Impish
Ability: Prankster
IVs: 31/31/31/07/31/31
Moves: Thief, Lock-On, Iron Defense, Switcheroo
OT: 54521
ID: 46642

Wishy
chester0334
Mareep Sweep
Chiggle
gr33n

CD_North
Stonerzard
PocketCat
SoulSapphire
clapyourhands
Aquathan
P3DS
Bean
Ausgirl
Adrima
TheShinyMo
Andrew98gr
rufusdrumknott
Sidfrid
Hirshey
LeopardTalon
Risa
Artic
Kelthret

Last edited:
Hey, I'd love to get in on that Klefki!! So here goes..

I'm going to go with a really obvious fairy, one that everyone will know of and that's Tinkerbell from the Peter Pan play. Right, this little b*tch is more than just a fairy. I mean, she is a little badass when she's hanging with Peter and then when she's had enough of fucking over the pirates she'll let them kill her... but then she comes back from the mother fucking dead!! Like is there anything this little green bitch can't do? Other than making you fly with her mad ass pixie dust!

Hmm, I sure would like that Horsea (the Swift Swim one), so I'll talk about fairies in the Legend of Zelda series.

Fairies have always been one of the most useful creatures in Zelda ever since their first appearance in A Link to the Past. This is because they can be stored in bottles and will revive you if you fall in battle. Probably the most famous fairy in Zelda was Navi, Link's companion in Ocarina of Time. Navi would provide useful tips and info, and her words, "Hey, listen have since become famous (or should I say I famous) in video game history.

My friendcode is 5129 1953 9102 and ign is Ben, thank you so much.

FC 1461-6185-4413
IGN Phil.

Ooh. Spoilt for choice here. Probably going to go for the swift swim horsea. I'll talk about a Eustace from the Chronicles of Narnia, specifically The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. He is a particularly rude, lazy and arrogant boy, who is transported to Narnia with his cousins, and join the crew of the Dawn Treader. On their journey, they stop off on an island and he goes off to escape work. He comes across a dragon's hoard, and his greed gets the better of him, and he pockets the treasure he sees there. He is transformed into a dragon by his lazy and greedy thoughts, and when he try returning to the rest of the crew, he is believed to have killed a lord, until it is found out that he is the dragon. He is eventually turned back, and this experience turns him into a nicer person overall.

Bean

༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Deino is one cool, mean, green dragon so for this I'm going to talk about another mean, green dragon - Albi. Featuring in the first series of the show 'Flight of the Conchords', Albi the racist dragon plays the part of main character in a children's TV show. In the show, Albi is being chased by an angry mob because of his racist ways. During Albi's escape from the mob, he stumbles upon a little Albanian boy; one of Albi's previous victims. Albi is forgiven by the Albanian boy for his nasty ways, and they become friends. Albi realises how wrong he has been and swears to never be racist again. He is also forgiven by the angry mob and allowed to safely return to his cottage cheese cottage.

I promise that I would raise my Deino right, and never tolerate racism.

I would like noibat please since switcheroo is a pain to breed. Hmm to answer your question there have been a number of dragons in the Harry Potter series. In book 1 Hagrid illegally tries to raise a dragon on the school grounds until Draco tells on him and the dragon is removed. During the fourth book Harry must collect a golden egg from a dragon in order to progress in the Triwizard Tournament. We also learn that there is a dragon at Gringotts Wizarding Bank. The dragon is central to the plot because it watches over all the gold such as Godric Griffindor's sword. The sword happens to be a horcrux which Harry needs to destroy in order to defeat Voldemort.

Hey ! I'd like this wonderful Noibat :)

It reminds me Firnen, the dragon Arya got in the last book of Christopher Paolini, Inheritance. It's the first baby dragon of the new age, after that Galbatorix was defeated so it symbolized hope. After the war, Arya took Firnen while he was just a green egg to travel with it hoping it will hatch for someone but it's finally for her that Firnen decided to break free :) Eragon's dragon, Saphira, also fell in love for the young dragon.

Hey ! I'd like this wonderful Noibat :)

It reminds me Firnen, the dragon Arya got in the last book of Christopher Paolini, Inheritance. It's the first baby dragon of the new age, after that Galbatorix was defeated so it symbolized hope. After the war, Arya took Firnen while he was just a green egg to travel with it hoping it will hatch for someone but it's finally for her that Firnen decided to break free :) Eragon's dragon, Saphira, also fell in love for the young dragon.
Thanks for your awesome answer, Adrima.

Will send over Noibat now.

I'm gonna talk about Smaug from m the JRR Tolkien classic, The Hobbit.
Smaug is a typical dragon. Greedy, strong, and ruthless. Smaug was one of the last dragons of middle earth and came to fame when he attacked the village of Dale and captured the Dark Kingdom at Lonely Mountain. The entire book recalls the adventure of how 12 dwarves rope Bilbo Baggins into recapturing Lonely Mountain and killing the dragon with them. Not gonna spoil the book or movies though (but really, read the book! It's awesome!)

It has been a while since I read the original Pinocchio but if I recall Pinocchio sees a fairy that changes him from a donkey back to his original self this is important because well he goes back to his owner (probably spelling this wrong) gipateo and goes back and apologizes to him for being a bad puppet/boy and leaving him.

Edit: I guess a horsea would be nice and correct my answer if it is wrong it has been a while since I read pinnichio

It has been a while since I read the original Pinocchio but if I recall Pinocchio sees a fairy that changes him from a donkey back to his original self this is important because well he goes back to his owner (probably spelling this wrong) gipateo and goes back and apologizes to him for being a bad puppet/boy and leaving him.

Edit: I guess a horsea would be nice and correct my answer if it is wrong it has been a while since I read pinnichio
She actually just turns him into a human and in the Disney version gives him life, helps him out of situation and turn him into a real boy. But its up to val to decide if you get a prize. Good luck

I'm gonna talk about Smaug from m the JRR Tolkien classic, The Hobbit.
Smaug is a typical dragon. Greedy, strong, and ruthless. Smaug was one of the last dragons of middle earth and came to fame when he attacked the village of Dale and captured the Dark Kingdom at Lonely Mountain. The entire book recalls the adventure of how 12 dwarves rope Bilbo Baggins into recapturing Lonely Mountain and killing the dragon with them. Not gonna spoil the book or movies though (but really, read the book! It's awesome!)

Yep, I'll accept that, this is a giveaway after all.

I've added you now Lady Valkyrie and I'm ready to trade whenever! Sorry for the delay :[
If you're still here, I can trade now.

Yep, I'll accept that, this is a giveaway after all.

If you're still here, I can trade now.
I'll stay up late so we can trade later I'm busy as of now I appreciate what you guys do as well and I have some members for my giveaway club so hopefully we can give out stuff as well:)

I'm going to go with Maleficent. Maleficent is an evil fairy godmother who places a curse on Princess Aurora, so on Aurora's 16th birthday she will prick her finger on a spinning wheel and fall into a coma (which only her love, Prince Phillip, can awake her from with a kiss). Maleficent is unlike Pokemon's version of a fairy in that she is evil and capable of casting spells like summoning green lightning and a forest of thorns. The valiant Prince Phillip vows to save Aurora trapped in Maleficent's tower, and is able to fend off her evil magic (with the aid of the 3 good fairy godmothers) and nearly reaches Aurora. In a last ditch effort to stop him (and this is where this ties amazingly with this theme!!) Maleficent transforms into an EVIL BLACK DRAGON. Phillip still defeats her, and kisses Aurora, awakening the princess and they lived happily ever after.

(Could I grab a Noibat?)

Tinkerbell :0
I want salamence please
Hi, Tinkerbell's already been mentioned and you must also " describe the importance or role the Dragon/Fairy plays in the story OR it's significance to you."

You also need to post/have your FC/IGN in your signature if you decide to amend your post.

I'll stay up late so we can trade later I'm busy as of now I appreciate what you guys do as well and I have some members for my giveaway club so hopefully we can give out stuff as well:)
Sure, I'm here now. Already have you added so I'll come on when you're ready.

I'm going to go with Maleficent. Maleficent is an evil fairy godmother who places a curse on Princess Aurora, so on Aurora's 16th birthday she will prick her finger on a spinning wheel and fall into a coma (which only her love, Prince Phillip, can awake her from with a kiss). Maleficent is unlike Pokemon's version of a fairy in that she is evil and capable of casting spells like summoning green lightning and a forest of thorns. The valiant Prince Phillip vows to save Aurora trapped in Maleficent's tower, and is able to fend off her evil magic (with the aid of the 3 good fairy godmothers) and nearly reaches Aurora. In a last ditch effort to stop him (and this is where this ties amazingly with this theme!!) Maleficent transforms into an EVIL BLACK DRAGON. Phillip still defeats her, and kisses Aurora, awakening the princess and they lived happily ever after.

(Could I grab a Noibat?)
I love Maleficent (especially the latest movie adaptation), even though she isn't always a Dragon, but this is definitely acceptable :).

I'll add you and can come on now with Noibat.

Hi, Tinkerbell's already been mentioned and you must also " describe the importance or role the Dragon/Fairy plays in the story OR it's significance to you."

You also need to post/have your FC/IGN in your signature if you decide to amend your post.

I love Maleficent (especially the latest movie adaptation), even though she isn't always a Dragon, but this is definitely acceptable :).

Can't trade now so I will trade later if I can but I won't be home till like 6 or 7 hours from now so I will catch you later if I can thanks:)

I've added you and will be on for the next few hours.

Awesome answers everyone. Definately some I haven't heard before.

I'll add you and can start trading shortly, about half an hour from this post.

Please add my FC and respond here, or VM/PM me when you'd like to pick up your little Dragon or Fairy. :)
I'm able to trade. Sorry for the delay, I had to go out minutes after I posted.

I'd like like the bagon

The dragon I'll be talking about is Igneel, he is from the anime Fairy Tail and the role he plays is as the father of the main character Natsu Dragneel, there was a time when the dragons ruled the earth, but then there where some good dragons who shared their magical powers with the humans, Natsu was an infant when found by Igneel, he raised Natsu as a son and taught him Dragon slayer magic

I've added you and will be on for the next few hours.
Added you and on now.

I'm able to trade. Sorry for the delay, I had to go out minutes after I posted.
No worries. I'm on now as well.

I'd like like the bagon

The dragon I'll be talking about is Igneel, he is from the anime Fairy Tail and the role he plays is as the father of the main character Natsu Dragneel, there was a time when the dragons ruled the earth, but then there where some good dragons who shared their magical powers with the humans, Natsu was an infant when found by Igneel, he raised Natsu as a son and taught him Dragon slayer magic
Sure. I need your FC/IGN name though to add you to trade though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)