Type Of The Month Club Giveaway [October]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Type Of The Month Club Giveaway
October: Dark

My FC: 4871-4214-3748
My IGN: Mew
Hello everyone! I’m posting on behalf of the Type of the Month Club. Who are we? We’re a group of Smogon members that enjoy collecting rare and unique pokemon, and every month we share pokemon of a specific type with the rest of the community. I’ve had the pleasure of hosting this month’s giveaway, which will feature one of the types introduced in GSC; Dark

How to Participate:
To get one of these cute evil filled villans, you simply need to write a short dark/scary story featuring any Pokémon, it is not allowed to copy paste one, and you're not allowed to use a Pokémon someone already used. Please make it about 6-8 sentences long, and please make use of proper grammar and punctuation. If you do not fulfill these requirements, I'm sad to say you won't be able to recieve anything. You cannot use my example or anything similar to it.

Example: I suck at writing, but this'll have to do.
Investigation said this Pokémon was hollow, and sure, it seemed like it. I looked at the hole in its back and was only able to wonder. How did it move? What made it understand my commands? What made it feel? In the end it was just an empty shell. I took a desition; I'd risk my life out for my curiosity. I sent out my Shedinja, told it to stay still, and took a look inside the hole. I saw a blurry face, with determined eyes, with everything that pointed towards a suicide attempt in the near future. It was me.

Rules:
  • Please copy the listing of the pokemon you want in your post.
  • Do not initiate the trade. I'll initiate it.
  • You can only receive one Pokémon. It will be a clone.
  • I've cloned each Pokémon the amount of times listed under them.
  • Respect the original breeder's redis policy.
  • Credit the original breeder if you use their Pokémon as a parent.
  • Have your IGN/FC in your signature or in your post when you submit your answer.
  • You will receive your Pokémon from me (Anivia). Do not hassle me when it comes to collection.

Collection Note:
I'm US Eastern time (GMT-4), which means that sometimes it is a bit more challenging for me to coordinate with European, Asian, and Australian timezones. If our schedules are incompatible, I’ll ask one of the other club members to help get the pokemon to you.
As of 11/6/2014 I am on university exams, and the first day of the giveaway I won't be able to give you your Pokémon, don't worry, you'll recieve them the day after if possible.

And now here are the Pokémon available:

Thuany/32444
Species: Carvanha
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Adamant
IVs: 31/31/31/X/31/31

Move 1: Bite
Move 2: Hydro Pump
Move 3: Destiny Bond
Move 4: Brine
Redis
Notes: Bred by TyVip
Stock: 3

Rhael/58248

Move 1: Thrash
Semi-Redis

Thuany/32444
Species: Murkrow
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Calm
IVs: 31/X/31/31/31/31

Move 1: Confuse Ray
Move 2: Feather Dance
Move 3: Brave Bird
Move 4: Perish Song
Redis
Stock: 1

Solona/11670

Semi-Redis

Kenny/59619
Species: Skorupi
Ability: Sniper
Nature: Careful
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31

Move 2: Iron Tail
Move 3: Whirlwind
Move 4: Agility
Non-Redis
Notes: Bred by Tatertot

Fishy/02282
Species: Vullaby
Ability: Overcoat
Nature: Impish
IVs: 31/31/31/18/31/31

Move 1: Foul Play
Move 2: Roost
Move 3: Mean Look
Move 4: Knock Off
Non-Redis

Laine/18331
Species: Deino
Ability: Hustle
Nature: Timid
IVs: 31/02/31/31/31/31

Move 1: Earth Power
Move 2: Dark Pulse
Move 3: Thunder Fang
Move 4: Fire Fang
Non-Redis

Andres/33220
Species: Larvitar
Ability: Guts
IVs: 31/31/31/xx/31/31

Move 1: Stealth Rock
Move 2: Pursuit
Move 3: Assurance
Move 4: Dragon Dance
Redis
Notes: Bred by Anivia

Andres/33220
Species: Scraggy
Ability: Moxie
IVs: 31/31/31/0/31/31

Move 1: Feint Attack
Move 2: Ice Punch
Move 3: Drain Punch
Move 4: Dragon Dance
Redis
Notes: Bred by Anivia

Valkyrie/54521
Species: Sableye
Nature: Relaxed
IVs: 31/03/31/31/31/00 (HP Ice)

Move 1: Recover
Move 2: Metal Burst
Move 3: Sucker Punch
Move 4: Trick
Non-Redis
Notes: Bred by Lady Valkyrie

Valkyrie/54521
IVs: 31/31/31/16/31/00

Non-Redis

Valkyrie/54521
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/00 (HP Ice)

Non-Redis
Stock: Gone!

Valkyrie/54521
Species: Zorua
Ability: Illusion
IVs: 31/25/31/31/31/31

Move 1: Dark Pulse
Move 2: Detect
Move 3: Snatch
Move 4: Extrasensory
Non-Redis

Valkyrie/54521
Species: Zorua
Ability: Illusion
Nature: Naive
IVs: 31/25/31/31/31/31

Move 1: Snatch
Move 2: Leer
Move 3: Extrasensory
Move 4: Sucker Punch
Non-Redis

Victor/26084
Species: Houndour
Ability: Flash Fire
IVs: 31/30/31/30/31/31
HP Grass
Move 1: Destiny Bond
Move 2: Sucker Punch
Move 3: Pursuit
Move 4: Beat Up
Non-Redis
Notes: Bred by vzxt

Victor/26084
Species: Houndour
Ability: Flash Fire
IVs: 30/30/30/30/30/30
HP Fighting
Move 1: Destiny Bond
Move 4: Beat Up
Non-Redis
Stock:3

Lyna/53215
Species: Pawniard
Ability: Defiant

Move 1: Psycho Cut
Move 4: Quick Guard
Non-Redis
Stock:3

Misty/08551
Species: Cacnea
Ability: Water Absorb

Move 1: Leer
Move 2: Seed Bomb
Move 3: Grass Whistle
Move 4: Teeter Dance
Non-Redis
Notes: Bred by flargananddingle

Misty/08551
Species: Poochyena
Ability: Rattled

Move 1: Fire Fang
Move 2: Play Rough
Move 4: Poison Fang
Non-Redis
Notes: Bred by flargananddingle

Renam/47293
Species: Eevee
Ability: Adaptability
Nickname: Eon
IVs: 31/31/31/26/31/31
Egg Moves: Yawn, Stored Power, Wish, Curse
Non-Redis
Bred by: EnGarde
Stock: 2

George/02956
Species: Corphish
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0

Move 1: Aqua Jet
Move 2: Knock Off
Move 3: Dragon Dance
Move 4: Superpower
Non-Redis
Notes: Bred by awiec

Frederick/02724
Ability: Run Away
IVs: 31/31/31/13/31/31

Move 2: Ice Fang
Move 4: Play Rough
Non-Redis

Nihte/29090
Species: Seedot
Ability: Chlorophyll
IVs: 29/31/31/31/31/31

Move 1: Bide
Move 2: Defog
Move 3: Leech Seed
Move 4: Bullet Seed
Non-Redis

Fishy/62760
Species: Seedot
Ability: Chlorophyll
IVs: 31/31/31/11/31/31

Move 1: Bide
Move 2: Defog
Move 3: Leech Seed
Move 4: Bullet Seed
Non-Redis

Hilda/51573
Species: Purrloin
Ability: Limber

Move 1: Trick
Move 2: Gunk Shot
Move 3: Iron Tail
Redis
Notes: RNG'd by *Trev*

Hilda/51573
Species: Krokorok
Ability: Intimidate

Move 1: Stealth Rock
Move 2: Low Kick
Move 3: Aqua Tail
Redis
Notes: RNG'd by *Trev*

Lockie/57218
Species: Yveltal
Ability: Dark Aura
Nature: Hasty
IVs: 30/31/31/31/30/31

Move 1: Snarl
Move 2: Oblivion Wing
Move 3: Disable
Move 4: Dark Pulse
Non-Redis
Notes: SR by lockiegengar12
Stock: Gone

Last edited:
I've heard it said that this was one of the most horrible ways to die. Too painful to breathe, but not enough to welcome blissful unconsciousness. Too stiff to scream out in pain, but not enough to stop the suffering. I've always thought death would be like how it was in the movies--a gentle, eternal sleep that brought an end to a person's physical agony. This was not the case. All I could feel was pain--horrible, excruciating, agonizing pain that seared through my veins and stabbed my heart and lungs like a red-hot iron spear. Death would not come soon for me; no, it would not come for a long, long time. Not until my soul burned away and my mind evaporated into nothingness would I finally be granted that reprieve. There are fates worse than death, after all.

^The above passage features Houndoom, whose Pokedex entries state that its flames can cause agonizing pain that will burn the victim for all of eternity. I didn't mention Houndoom specifically because I felt it would be an abrupt transition from the passage's vague nature, but I hope it satisfies the requirements!

If it does, I'd really like Kenny the Skorupi!

I've heard it said that this was one of the most horrible ways to die. Too painful to breathe, but not enough to welcome blissful unconsciousness. Too stiff to scream out in pain, but not enough to stop the suffering. I've always thought death would be like how it was in the movies--a gentle, eternal sleep that brought an end to a person's physical agony. This was not the case. All I could feel was pain--horrible, excruciating, agonizing pain that seared through my veins and stabbed my heart and lungs like a red-hot iron spear. Death would not come soon for me; no, it would not come for a long, long time. Not until my soul burned away and my mind evaporated into nothingness would I finally be granted that reprieve. There are fates worse than death, after all.

^The above passage features Houndoom, whose Pokedex entries state that its flames can cause agonizing pain that will burn the victim for all of eternity. I didn't mention Houndoom specifically because I felt it would be an abrupt transition from the passage's vague nature, but I hope it satisfies the requirements!

If it does, I'd really like Kenny the Skorupi!
That's exactly what I wanted to see! You can have Skorupi for sure.

It's not named Kenny, that's the OT :P

Netba, is name of her favourite doll which she claimed to be her very dear bestfriend. The doll tagged with her everywhere u name it. They made a promise to be there for each other even when she become pokemon trainer one day. But as years pasing by, she found interest in other dolls and eventually the so claimed bestfriend doll was sent to dumpster along with its worn and dirty with age looks.
Its been 3 years since the tragedy to the doll. As it lays there in the dumpster, slowly, the arms twitched, fingers clawing into the trash bags. Its eyes were an angry red, and the zipper-mouth turning into an angry scowl. It rise again seaching for whom responsible of its fate.
The grudge grew stronger as it approach the house it suppose to belong with, but not anymore. It was very dark night as the doll approaching the windows and open it allowing cold breeze to enter the room. The owner is a big girl now, it was the day before she turn 10 and become pokemon trainer. As it glaze through the room, it found the new dolls quite unpleasing so clawing begin. The dolls is messed up bad with anger, grudge and dissapointment.
As Netba the angry dolls getting near to its sound sleeping former owner, claws tore through flesh, leaving a clean, long cut down her neck. The girl woke up in pain and barely had a chance to scream at all.
It was the day the girl learnt her life-lesson. NEVER EVER ABANDON HER DOLL

Sorry for a long story, i guess u figure it out it was Banette.(from reversed nick, Netba...yeah i know lame nick)
Anyway i'd like to request
Solona/11670

p/s : Goodluck in your exam !

I was playing in the park when I saw an old man selling lots of purple balloons. As I took a closer look, there was a bright yellow one that was hiding among the purple ones. It looked very special. I bought it and took it home with me. The park wasn't very far from my house, but today, the walk was very long and tiring. The sky was getting dimmer and I wasn’t home, so I knew mother would be mad at me ... I looked around and felt like I’d seen the scenery around me many many times -- had I been walking in circles? I crouched down on my knees and tried not to cry. My feet hurt and I was lost. I was going to get scolded! No dinner tonight!

The balloon I held slowly floated in front of me. It seemed to be beckoning me forward so I followed it, as I did not know what else to do. We walked out of the park and I realized I was on the street of my house! I hurried home, and the front door was unlocked. Inside, I found my mother serving dinner. There were only two plates; one for my father and one for herself. Where was mine? The silence and tension was thick in the dining room. My mother started sobbing all of a sudden, talking how much she missed me and my father moved to comfort her. I was confused. Wasn’t I here? Why couldn’t they see me? I looked to the balloon I was holding as if it had answers.

Aimlessly, I walked into the living room. There was a long mirror by the bookshelf. That was when I realized what was missing. It was my reflection.

--
Sorry this got quite long... English isn't my first language so I kinda struggled.. Feels like a primary school essay...
I wrote about a small kid and a shiny Driflooon :> Hope this is acceptable.

I would like to request for:
Hilda/51573

Thanks and good luck for your exam!

They say it occurs every 3000 years... The time comes when His long sleep is over. And when it is, He scours the land, causing destruction under His vast shadow, leaving a trail of despair and sorrow, hoping one day, it will all end. 3000 years, millions of lives lost. For those who wish to end the rampage early, His death causes the death of those in His vicinity. And during His slumber, He sheds a tear for every life He stole, wishing it didn't have to be this way...

This is the curse of Yveltal... And there is no end...

Could I get Yveltal please:

Lockie/57218

Non-Redis

Last edited:
The sweet sticky aroma filled the air, the soft pink hue cast by the afternoon sun created a silhouette that was the perfect backdrop.

A sudden chill crept up my spine yet there shouldn't be a reason it was a warm summer evening.

My vision started to blurr and the perfect paradise was replaced by a deep impenetrable dark sky with no starlight or moon hanging above.

I tried to get up but found my muscles wouldn't respond, panic took hold as my pokeballs were out of reach.

I felt a ghostly touch and revulsion built up inside of me, the realization dawned on me as I saw the dusknoir hovering over my immobilized form, this wasn't a peaceful dream, this was the beginning of a waking nightmare.

To be continued....

Hopefully this suffices and if so I'd love a copy of;
Rhael/58248

FC 038792478552
Ign JapScat

P.s. I'm new to the forum but I've got to say this is pretty cool how community focused this site is.

"I have to tell this to someone before it finishes eating me from inside! A pokemon should obey it's trainer, not the other way around! Listen!
Experts say that the smaller heads don't have brains, that their will has been entirely ravaged by the big head. But they are only half right, you have to believe me. Yes, the smaller heads have mouths that are just for devouring... yet all three heads can speak, I swear. Not that you could listen it now, but they speak to me saying the most foul, wicked things. I swear they speak to me when no one is around, they speak of their deep, dark desires... They have no brains, they have no concience, no way to tell what's right or wrong... They have no limits, they are not shutting up, they are not... No! They can't even stop! They keep resounding in my mind with unspeakable apetites. I know it's that monster that is controlling the smaller heads, now it's strong enough to reach into my head too, I swear, I wish you could believe me... Can't you listen? It's roaring commands, it's screeching right now, you have to believe us! Listen! We all are only vessels to be possessed by it's inhumane hunger. We are all the banquet of it's desire. Listen! You have to believe us!... We are to be subdued by it's dark will. You have to listen to US! Listen!..."

More than a few lines, but that just kept going inside my head.
That Deino says that I want it! Please!

[IMG> Laine/18331
Species: Deino
Ability: Hustle
IVs: 31/02/31/31/31/31

Move 1: Earth Power
Move 2: Dark Pulse
Move 4: Fire Fang
Non-Redis

Coming from Lumiose City, I thought I'd never get lost. How wrong was I. Trying to find my way out of Reflection Cave is already a very challenging task for me, and all of the sudden a hordes of Woobats come out and attack me.

Luckily a Sableye pops out and pulls me into a dark corner, and the Woobats seem to back away quickly seeing I now have 'someone' next to me.

And even more surprisingly, it's a talking Sableye!

'You ok?' he asks me in a surprisingly soothing noise, I guess eating all the hard gems isn't too harmful to one voice then.

'Yeah... thank you...' I am unsure what to say, so I blurt out an absurd compliment, 'nice eyes there.'

'Thank you! Usually people only notice how sharp my teeth are. But my secret to having these particularly sparky eyes? A balanced diet. I am not a fussy eater. '

'Oh, do share the secret with me, I want to have those eyes.' It's an awkward compliment, but that's all I can think of to say. He just grins and says he will show me soon, which I hope he won't because I am not particularly interested in knowing what stones he eats.

Worried I may be in trouble once I step out of the corner, and not wanting to witness his feasting on hard stones, I change the topic and ask him why the Woobats were so aggressive towards me.

'You will have it figured out very soon... and probably too late.'

And he's right.
---

Can I get this :):
Valkyrie/54521

Non-Redis

Last edited:
English is not my native language, but I'll give it my best shot!

It was late in the evening. Too late.
The darkness was almost suffocating as I made my way home. I was very annoyed with myself at the moment. Why did I forget the time? I should have been home for hours now. My parents were probably worried sick.
Just as that thought crossed my mind, the only street light nearby began to flicker, and with a burst the light bulb inside of it shattered.
With a hitch in my breath, I came to a stop. I could see nothing but darkness. Suddenly I got the feeling I was being watched. Goosebumps appeared all over my body as I turned around.
I could hear a faint growling in the distance. First, I saw nothing. But then, about twenty feet away from me, three glowing rings appeared.
My heart skipped a beat, I was totally petrified. It started to come closer, and without thinking I turned around and ran. The thing behind me began it's pursuit.
It was hard to see in the darkness, and no sooner than a minute of running, I tripped.
Eyes wide with fear, I turned around. Just to see the glowing rings and a wide gaping mouth, ready to pounce on me. Then it hit me straight in the chest, and darkness was all I saw.

Umbreon: When darkness falls, the rings on the body begin to glow, striking fear in the hearts of anyone nearby.

If my story was good enough, could I please have this little guy?

Renam/47293
Non-Redis

Anyway i'd like to request
Solona/11670

p/s : Goodluck in your exam !
I would like to request for:
Hilda/51573

Thanks and good luck for your exam!
Could I get Yveltal please:

Lockie/57218

Non-Redis
Hopefully this suffices and if so I'd love a copy of;
Rhael/58248

FC 038792478552
Ign JapScat

P.s. I'm new to the forum but I've got to say this is pretty cool how community focused this site is.
That Deino says that I want it! Please!
Can I get this :):
Valkyrie/54521

Non-Redis
Renam/47293
Non-Redis
Great stories everyone! I'm really happy to see all that creativity flow and manifest itself in such pieces of art.

I'll be home in a few hours to give you all your Pokémon.

Anivia Thanks a lot! In a couple of hours I'll be making a very big exam, is it Ok if we trade tomorrow?
I still have your FC in my 3DS, and mine is in my signature. :)

Anivia Thanks a lot! In a couple of hours I'll be making a very big exam, is it Ok if we trade tomorrow?
I still have your FC in my 3DS, and mine is in my signature. :)
In two hours I'll be in one myself, so I understand. Just PM me whenever you're free.

I want this
Lockie/57218

Non-Redis

There was once a little 6 year old girl who loved the show Barny, and her favorite little doll was none other than her Barny doll. It would sing "I love you, you love me" and so on. At the last day of kindergarten she lest the doll there, and the janitor, who was disturbed by the amount of slobber on it, threw it away. The doll vowed revenge and became a Banette. It took many years for it to get ready for his revenge, but today he was ready. The former owner who was now 12 was fast asleep. He entered the room, being a ghost, going through the wall without making a sound. He went to her piano and started playing the music of the same sound he sang once before, softly, then slowly increasing the sound and then as hard as it could when she awoke. Banette screamed "I LOVE YOU!!!!!", the girl screamed. No one was sure about what happened next, but when her parents came to see what was happening, they found the dead body of the girl in her pink trash can, with a pic of her in kindergarten..........
the end

Last edited:
I want this
Lockie/57218

Non-Redis

There was once a little 6 year old girl who loved the show Barny, and her favorite little doll was none other than her Barny doll. It would sing "I love you, you love me" and so on. At the last day of kindergarten she lest the doll there, and the janitor, who was disturbed by the amount of slobber on it, threw it away. The doll vowed revenge and became a Banette. It took many years for it to get ready for his revenge, but today he was ready. The former owner who was now 12 was fast asleep. He entered the room, being a ghost, going through the wall without making a sound. He went to her piano and started playing the music of the same sound he sang once before, softly, then slowly increasing the sound and then as hard as it could when she awoke. Banette screamed "I LOVE YOU!!!!!", the girl screamed. No one was sure about what happened next, but when her parents came to see what was happening, they found the dead body of the girl in her pink trash can, with a pic of her in kindergarten..........
the end
I'm really sorry, Yveltal is taken (I haven't been able to update the list, my bad).

There once was a pretty girl, a pretty girl that was friends with everyone. I really liked the pretty girl, and I was so happy when the pretty girl invited me over to dinner. As she made dinner she said, "Please just wait here, don't go snooping around!". So naturally, I did just that, I looked around. As I looked I found a strange door, it wasn't locked so I opened it. I couldn't believe my eyes, I saw another girl just like her, but she was dead and had been dead for a long time. I tensed up as I felt a hand on my shoulder, "I told you to not look around didn't I?" I looked back at the pretty girl and noticed her eyes were now black dots. This girl wasn't a girl at all, she was a ditto. With a harsh shove, the ditto locked me in the closet with the dead girl, and there I slowly starved too death.

I'd like:
Renam/47293
Non-Redis

Ign: Taylor
FC 2466-2035-9829

Rhael/58248

Semi-Redis
Then I want this pls

A group of friends and I were poking around this creepy building that everyone said was once a library. We heard it was now being referred to as the "Void" and that it attracted "unusual" pokemon. We walked through the old stacks of books when one of us cried out. The rest of us, four to be exact, looked around for her, but she simply vanished. I wanted to leave at that point, but my friends laughed and said she was just playing a prank on us. Over the next half hour the rest of my friends slowly vanished with short cries. As I tried to run out of the library, I noticed a shadow that was slightly darker than the rest and it was moving, fast. I just barely managed to escape the building and I turned around to look at what that shadow was. I saw nothing, but as I turned around to leave, a single, unbidden word formed on my lips. Darkrai...

Rhael/58248

Semi-Redis

IGN: Cole
FC: 5129-0449-6843

You're walking home from work, and decide to take a shortcut through the woods. The sun had just disappeared over the tops of the trees, and darkness set in around you. All seems normal; you can hear the occasional hum of Kricketune, see the Fletchling flying from tree to tree, and you can hear a couple of Caterpie moving in the bushes. As the last light of day fades away, all noise and movement stops. An eerie silence falls on your ears. Your steps quicken. Then the silence is broken. In the distance, a chanting sound begins. You can't quite make out the words of it, but you know that you need to get away. You break into a run, and the shadows around you start to dance. They flicker from tree to tree, following you, and then become clearer images. The chanting gets louder and louder as you begin to see warped memories from childhood, your greatest fears jumping out from behind every corner. You run faster, but you can't escape. You begin to lose all hope and fall to the ground. A silhouette appears amid the chaos. You can't figure out who or what is standing in front of you, all you can see are it's glowing eyes. The last thing you see before you die is the maniacal smile of a Mismagius towering above you.

It's cries sound like incantations. Those hearing it are tormented by headaches and hallucinations.

If that was alright I'd like to own this one :)

Lyna/53215
Species: Pawniard
Ability: Defiant

Move 1: Psycho Cut
Move 4: Quick Guard

EDIT: I'll be able to get on again in around 21 and a half hours :)

Last edited:
I'm not good at writing stories so don't judge me ,kay?
For a person living in the south, it was unnaturally cold on one humid summer night. It would be absurd to turn up the heat, but even with several blankets thrown upon my body I couldn't seem stay warm. The chill that I felt was only creeping closer and closer it was just getting colder and colder. Unable to control my body from shivering, I finally make a resolve to turn up the heat. As I confront my thermometer I find myself staring into a shadow of a large and dark looming creature standing behind me.
SOoooo can I get this?
The pokemon in the story was Gengar if you couldn't tell :)
Misty/08551
Ability: Rattled

Move 2: Play Rough
Move 4: Poison Fang
Thanks!

Hey there, my timezone is GMT+8 so it might be quite hard for us to meet up.
Lemme the time when you're free and I'll try to make it. Don't worry about asking for weird hours like 3-4am my time because I'm usually up doing hw haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)