Typing: The Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly more concerned about whether a type adds new intricacies to the type chart. For example: A type that resists ghost and Fight - Sign me up so we can get, I dunno... maybe get Marshadow out of Ubers? A stretch perhaps, but I think it would go a long way.

After all, was everyone saying: We really need a type called FAIRY! Not me, but a type that takes Steel out of Fight type's shadow as a coverage move and let POISON have merit? Yes, me want!

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Playtesting one new type could very well be a huge mess, let alone two per slate, which will have added up by the time this is coded, AND I'm not sure how that's relevant in the slightest, as fixing things via playtesting in no way helps making the creation of a type less chaotic. In fact, we literally have yet to finalize the matchups for Heart. Also, doing two types per slate will decrease the amount of good ideas, as many of those are resubmitted and, believe it or not, it takes time to come up with good ideas.

Types that are completely redundant cut-offs (like Mineral or Wood) or need ridiculous levels of reach to connect to any Pokemon (Plastic, and to a lesser extent Glass) are stupid.
I do not think that you being a council member does excuse you for calling certain ideas stupid, and calling us being stupid for supporting ideas you do not support. If you do not agree with me and blacklist me from this Pet Mod, go on, because I have one last thing to say;

Based of your criticism, this Pet Mod is way too stupid in term of organization and should be done in an easier process, or just straight up abandon ship. Coming up with a new type should not be impossible but if it is a mess, no point of continuing.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Okay. Things are going a bit too far right now. When it comes to ideas, there's nothing that is just "stupid". With enough support and explanation, everything can be considerated and accepted. For instance, when I first saw charizard8888's Rubber typing, I kind of think it was stupid in a way. But once I saw all the examples and the expliactions that were provided, I got convinced and it became one of my favorite submitted types. I'm not saying that everything should be allowed. If someone just says "Okay let's make a cardboard typing" without any other support, the participation won't even be considerate.

Also, when we're creating a typing, I think it's really important to create a balance between flavor and competitiveness. Yeah, a light type could be cool, but if it's strong against Ice, Poison, Rock, and weak to Fire and Ground, it's competitively not interesting. That's what happened with the original Heart matchup. On the other hand, if we're able to create that cardboard type and make it strong against steel, fairy, and weak to dragon and poison, it would be awesome in a competitive way, but it's so much niche and so much silly flavorwise that it's not interesting either. Finding balance is what we really need.

Finally, we have to be realistic. Creating a type is far more complex and long than creating a bunch of modified pokemons or new forms. There's a lot of things that need to be considered when creating one, including direct/indirect matchups, new moves, abilities, items, modified pokemons, and even a lot more. It's obviously going to take more time and more phases than, like, fusion evolutions. This is also why it would be really complex to do multiple typings in one slate. It would need constant participations from members and probably more time, though it could be possible. But it's not because it's a long process just to make one type that it's a total mess. I agree that my organization for the moment is barely acceptable. I'm in finals and I have almost no time to dedicate to this. Once I'll have more time, I'll think of a better way to go through all that process. You too, if you want to help this mod and want to help me organize, just PM me and you could be part of the council. What I'm trying to say is that everything can't be perfect. It's sure gonna be long, and it's sure gonna need peeps. But if everyone tries to collaborate, I think we could achieve something big with this mod.

Sorry for that brick, but I think it was necessary to clarify some things.

I honestly more concerned about whether a type adds new intricacies to the type chart. For example: A type that resists ghost and Fight - Sign me up so we can get, I dunno... maybe get Marshadow out of Ubers? A stretch perhaps, but I think it would go a long way.

After all, was everyone saying: We really need a type called FAIRY! Not me, but a type that takes Steel out of Fight type's shadow as a coverage move and let POISON have merit? Yes, me want!
Adding Dark and Steel didn't drop Mew out of Ubers. Not to mention, Marshadow is actually pretty good in Ubers.
I do not think that you being a council member does excuse you for calling certain ideas stupid, and calling us being stupid for supporting ideas you do not support. If you do not agree with me and blacklist me from this Pet Mod, go on, because I have one last thing to say;

Based of your criticism, this Pet Mod is way too stupid in term of organization and should be done in an easier process, or just straight up abandon ship. Coming up with a new type should not be impossible but if it is a mess, no point of continuing.
If you honestly think any of my current behavior is related to me being a council member, turn to Page 2 of Crossover Chaos and read from there. I did this in Pokemon: The New First Gen as well, and I certainly wasn't a council member there. If I wasn't in the council, I'd probably be doing the same thing, except people wouldn't be taking literally everything I say as an official statement, something I've already gotten sick of. So, you're right about me wanting to take drastic action because of your post, because it's honestly made me considering quitting the council so people (read: you) stop taking every word I type as an official statement about this mod.

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
Hmmmmmmm okay so does everybody agrees about primal fossils? If that happens, I think it could be cool to give time typing to primal-groudon and primal-kyogre if we want some kind of consistency.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Adding Dark and Steel didn't drop Mew out of Ubers. Not to mention, Marshadow is actually pretty good in Ubers.

If you honestly think any of my current behavior is related to me being a council member, turn to Page 2 of Crossover Chaos and read from there. I did this in Pokemon: The New First Gen as well, and I certainly wasn't a council member there. If I wasn't in the council, I'd probably be doing the same thing, except people wouldn't be taking literally everything I say as an official statement, something I've already gotten sick of. So, you're right about me wanting to take drastic action because of your post, because it's honestly made me considering quitting the council so people (read: you) stop taking every word I type as an official statement about this mod.
I really do not want you to quit the council, and I really should let my mouth shut. I am sorry if you take offense of my speech, and I understand about your concerns regarding the situation you had before. I would not like people taking my words too far either, regardless of not being a council or because of being a council member.

Everyone think differently, and I will do my best to treat anyone's statement as their own statement, not official facts.

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
Official post

Okay! We're moving up! Now's the time for everyone to get creative!

Slate #3 (Time Type) - Submission phase

In submission phase, you can submit for any of these:
- Matchups (complete list, one per user)
- New moves (with healer typing)
- New abilities
- New items
- Modification on older of those things
- Pokemon modifications (you have to give the healer type to the pokemon you modify, but you can modify other things as well if you want the pokemon to be usable in upper tiers)

When doing modification on pre-existing stuff, or when creating a new ability or item, be sure to have a maximum of explication so we can clearly understand how it is linked to the new type. It will be refused if it's not relevant enough.

Also, remember that distribution for custom moves and abilities will be discussed in the distribution phase next week, but feel free to post examples.

For this slate, we will be submitting for something really special: Primal forms for fossil pokemons! When creating submitting a primal form, be sure that:
-The only type that changes is rock type, and it needs to be changed for time
- You have to choose one ability for the primal form. It can be one that the original pokemon doesn't have. Custom abilities can be given, but only this time and only for the primals.
- The custom abilities need to be submitted separately. If only the ability wins, it wil be treated like any other custom abilities. If only the primal form wins, the ability will be its signature ability. If the two wins, the primal gets the ability, and other pokemon could too in distribution phase.
- You have to do forms for the entire evolutionary line.
- You have to add a total of 100 BST to the primal form. You can't substract stats from the original pokemon. Also you can't change the HP of the original pokemon
- You can't add any new moves. Time-typed moves will be given in the distribution phase.

And, I think that's it! Now's the time to submit!

Last edited:
1528824029525.png

Pokemon: Lileep
Type: Time / Grass
Ability: Undersprout (Summons Ingrain upon switching in.)
Stats: 66 / 41 / 102 (+25) / 61 / 112 (+25) / 21

1528764719583.png

Pokemon: Cradily
Type: Time / Grass
Ability: Undergrow (Summons Ingrain and Aqua Ring upon switching in.)
Stats: 86 / 121 (+40) / 127 (+30) / 81 / 137 (+30) / 43
Justification: Cradily's dex entry in Sapphire says "Cradily's body serves as an anchor, preventing it from being washed away in rough seas." This explains ingrain and aqua ring. Cradily becomes a very bulky offensive pokemon, but it's still super slow to balance it's good attack. Lileep gains 25 in both defenses, allowing it to become a very bulky pokemon in LC.

1528825345164.png

Pokemon: Anorith
Type: Time / Bug
Ability: Stinging Claws (This pokemon's bug type moves have 2x power.)
Stats: 45 / 115 (+20) / 70 (+20) / 40 / 50 / 85 (+10)

1528765342191.png

Pokemon: Armaldo
Type: Time / Bug
Ability: Crushing Claws (This pokemon's Bug type moves have 2x power and are super effective against steel.)
Stats: 75 / 145 (+20) / 110 (+10) / 70 / 80 / 115 (+70)
Justification: In Armaldo's Omega Ruby dex entry, it says "This Pokémon’s two enormous claws can be freely extended or contracted. They have the power to punch right through a steel slab." Armaldo becomes a fast physical sweeper with access to Swords Dance. It's ability is very useful for it's offensive play style. Anorith's claws are less powerful, but it still boosts it's bug moves dramatically.

1528825843322.png

Pokemon: Cranidos
Type: Time
Ability: Meteor Strike (This pokemon gains rock as a secondary typing. Sandstorm is summoned on switching in.)
Stats: 67 / 130 (+5) / 55 (+15) / 30 / 45 (+15) / 73 (+15)

409MS.png

Pokemon: Rampardos
Type: Time
Ability: Meteor Shower (Any pokemon with this ability gain Rock as a secondary type. Meteor Shower is summoned on switching in. Normal sandstorm effects + rock types have 1.5x attack.)
Stats: 97 / 175 (+10) / 90 (+30) / 65 / 80 (+30) / 88 (+30)
Justification: It's Ability is just another Primal weather varient. I didn't want to go overboard on its already high attack, so I decided to boost its other stats instead. Same goes for Cranidos, but it's ability is less useful for it, as it only gives a SpD boost.

1528826498845.png

Pokemon: Shieldon
Type: Time / Steel
Ability: Temporal Drift (This pokemon summons Trick Room when switching in.)
Stats: 30 / 42 / 118 / 67 (+25) / 113 (+25) / 30

411MS.png

Pokemon: Bastiodon
Type: Time / Steel
Ability: Temporal Rift (When this pokemon is on the field, Temporal Rift is always active, causing trick room and Time type moves to have 1.5x power.)
Stats: 60 / 52 / 168 / 117 (+70) / 168 (+30) / 30
Justification: This pokemon's massive weight creates a rift in time itself, causing time to grow more powerful and reverse normal speed. Bastiodon has an impressive special movepool, including boltbeam and earth power, so I boosted special attack by a lot. Shieldon isn't getting much better, because it's HP was the main problem, but it can now take Special attacks better and deal a bit more damage.

1528828527258.png

Pokemon: Tirtouga
Type: Water / Time
Ability: Algae Nibbler (Restore 33% of health when it KOs an opponent.)
Stats: 54 / 93 (+15) / 128 (+25) / 55 / 55 (+10) / 22

1528823756422.png

Pokemon: Carracosta
Type: Water / Time
Ability: Algae Eater (Restores 33% of health and all negative stat changes when it KOs an opponent.)
Stats: 74 / 138 (+30) / 183 (+50) / 103 (+20) / 65 / 32
Justification: In the Ultra Moon dex entry, it says "Carracosta eats every last bit of the prey it catches, even the shells and bones, to further strengthen its sturdy shell." This would probably mean restoring health and negative stat changes, and is very useful with Shell Smash.

1528840486740.png

Pokemon: Archen
Type: Time / Flying
Ability: Airborne Ambush (All of this pokemon's contact moves act like pursuit, but with 1.5x power instead of 2x.)
Stats: 55 / 122 (+10) / 50 (+5) / 99 (+25) / 45 / 80 (+10)

1528839420108.png

Pokemon: Archeops
Type: Time / Flying
Ability: Airborne Assault (All of this pokemon's contact moves act like pursuit.)
Stats: 75 / 160 (+20) / 75 (+10) / 162 (+50) / 65 / 130 (+20)
Justification: In the Moon dex entry for Archeops, it says "When one Archeops had the prey cornered, another would swoop on it. " Archeops becomes a powerful mixed attacker, similar to mega Diancie. This is probably definitely banworthy, because it's essentially Deoxys with more bulk and a better ability.

1528842435606.png

Pokemon: Tyrunt
Type: Time / Dragon
Ability: Ancient Teeth (This pokemon's dragon type moves can hit fairy types.)
Stats: 58 / 99 (+10) / 87 (+10) / 45 / 45 / 83 (+35)

1528841872587.png

Pokemon: Tyrantrum
Type: Time / Dragon
Ability: Ancient Fangs (This pokemon's dragon type moves do 1.5x damage and can hit Fairy types.
Stats: 82 / 141 (+20) / 129 (+10) / 69 / 59 / 141 (+70)
Justification: Honestly, I just wanted an ability that bypassed Fairy's immunity to dragon, but it also fits because of all of Tyrantrum's "amazingly strong, nothing could stop it!" pokedex entries.

Undersprout- This Pokemon summons ingrain when switching in.
Undergrow- This Pokemon summons ingrain and Aqua ring when switching in.

Stinging Claws- This pokemon's bug type moves do 2x damage.
Crushing Claws- This pokemon's bug type moves do 2x damage and are super-effective against steel types.

Meteor Strike- This pokemon gains rock as a secondary typing and summons sandstorm upon switching in.
Meteor Shower- This Pokemon gains rock as a secondary typing and summons meteor shower upon switching in. Rock types have 1.5x SpD and Atk. Meteor Shower continues only when this Pokemon is on the field.

Temporal Drift- This Pokemon summons trick Room on switching in.
Temporal Rift- When this Pokemon is on the field, Temporal Rift is active. Trick Room effects + 1.5x time power.

Algae Nibbler- This Pokemon regains 33% of health upon KOing an opponent.
Algae Eater- This Pokemon restores 33% of health and all negative stat boosts upon KOing an opponent.

Airborne Ambush- All of this pokemon's contact moves act like pursuit, but with 1.5x power instead of 2x.
Airborne Assault- All of this pokemon's contact moves act like pursuit.

WIP, will add more later.

Attachments

Last edited:

Pokemon: Amaura
Type: Time / Ice
Ability: Blinding Hailstorm - Sets Hail and Aura Veil on switching in
Stats: 87 (87) / 59 / 50 / 117 (+50) / 63 / 86 (+40)
Justification: Amaura's Ultra Sun Pokédex entry reads "It lived in cold areas in ancient times. It's said that when Amaura whinnies, auroras appear in the night sky." This justifies the addition of an Aura Veil-spawning ability and the fact is used to the cold justifies the increased speed considering it will almost always be in the snow

Pokemon: Primal Aurorus
Type: Time / Ice
Ability: Frozen Wasteland - Summons Frigid Hail - Essentially the hail equivalent of Desolate Land and Primordial Sea - All the normal effects of hail plus the following: All fighting-type moves will miss, the power of ice-type moves is increased by 50%, and the hail damage is upped to 1/8 of max health for all non-ice types
Stats: 123/ 77/ 102 (+30)/ 139 (+40)/ 122 (+30)/ 58
Justification: Aurorus is ancient, so it has been around longer than any of the hail setters, making it the most deserving of this incredible hail ability. The hailstorm is so powerful, fighting-type moves cannot hit as the target is completely obscured by the hail. The extra bulk is more accurate to the defensive capabilities noted in the Y and Alpha Sapphire Pokédex entry - "Using its diamond-shaped crystals, it can instantly create a wall of ice to block an opponent's attack." The added attack is to be accurate to the X and Omega Ruby Pokédex entry - "The diamond-shaped crystals on its body expel air as cold as -240 degrees Fahrenheit, surrounding its enemies and encasing them in ice."

If the Aurorus ability isn't possible to code, I can change it

New Moves
Name: Time Snare
Classification: Special
BP: 100
Accuracy: 75%
PP: 5
Effect: Traps and Damages the opponent for 4-5 turns. Same mechanics as Magma Storm
Z-Effect: 180 BP Infinite Wormhole (Time-type Z-move)
Use: A time-type Magma Storm to create great a possibility for good trapping sets for Time mons

Name: Aging Trap
Classification: Status
BP: -
Accuracy: -
PP: 20
Effect: Deals 1/16th or 1/8th (If the Pokemon switching in is weak to Time) of the opponents max HP when they switch in. Repeats at the end of every turn. Removable in all the ways other hazard are. Cannot affect any Pokemon other hazards can't hit. Removed when an opposing Time-type Pokemon switches in on the trap (same removal mechanic as Toxic Spikes)
Use: A time-type hazard that deals slow damage over time

More Coming

New Abilites
Name: Timely Reversal
Effect: +1 priority moves become -1 priority instead
Use: Absolutely block priority uses for teams that need that priority control

Name: Time Warp
Effect: Speed is Halved in Trick Room
Use: Since the Pokemon has half speed in Trick Room, it will be twice as fast, working much like abilities like Slush Rush and Swift Swim to boost speed under a certain condition

More to Come

Last edited:
Let's skip the fossils and talk about an aspect of time oft forgotten: speed.

Agility Retyped to Time

Also Slakoth line retyped to either Time or Normal/Time. Truancy is a curse to time. It's not a mystical or ancient thing, but it's sloth... an aspect of timeliness.

Last edited:
Presenting for your consideration:
Time
(It's a little-known fact that time has a refreshing citrus flavour)

I think Time has the potential to be a really interesting and rare type. Not only does it have at least one associated Legendary in Dialga, it also can cover some more esoteric choices with 'mons that don't really fit into a particular pre-existing type, such as Sigilyph and Golurk. There's also the potential link with Fossil Pokémon - indeed, one might almost be tempted to give the Time typing to alternate versions of Fossil mons, ones that weren't reanimated by probably-passes-for-science-in-a-poor-enough-light but were instead dragged directly to the modern world from all those millions of years ago.

---

Type Effectiveness Ideas:-

Offensive:-
Super-Effective vs: Dragon, Fighting, Fire, Heart, Steel
The dragons of the world set great store in their perceived immortality; across the span of aeons, time proves that thinking to be the madness it is. You cannot fight the march of time no matter your heroics. Hearts will still, iron will rust, and fire? Fire is but a flash of light in an endless sea of dark.
Not Very Effective vs: Bug, Grass, Ground, Rock
Some forms of life adapt to the presence of time, be it through the intense swiftness of insect life or the long acceptance and seasonal change of flora. Time's sting changes little when it comes to stone, though.
Ineffective vs.: --

Defensive:-
Resistant to: Dragon, Electric, Fighting, Grass, Heart
The rage of dragons, heroes, and similar brave and caring souls is doubtless great, but against the armour of time they are as falling leaves. Leaves, too, struggle to damage creatures of Time; while they adapted to its caress, that is a defence, not an attack.
Weak to: Ghost, Poison, Psychic
Beings that exist outside of the normal constraints of time - planar travellers like Psychics, the restless dead - can penetrate Time's armour, but Poison is perhaps the most surprisingly effective, turning Time's own weapons of entropy and decay against it.
Immune to: Fire
No matter what ancient gods may tell you, fire fades and ends. Its power is naught against the infinite scope of Time.

---

Potential retyped Pokémon:-

Fossil mons (alternate formes)
Omanyte line: Water/Rock --> Water/Time
Kabuto line: Water/Rock --> Water/Time
Aerodactyl: Rock/Flying --> Time/Flying
Lileep line: Grass/Rock --> Grass/Time
Anorith line: Bug/Rock --> Bug/Time
Cranidos line: Rock --> Rock/Time
Shieldon line: Rock/Steel --> Time/Steel
Tirtouga line: Water/Rock --> Water/Time
Archen line: Rock/Flying --> Time/Flying
Tyrunt line: Rock/Dragon --> Time/Dragon
Amaura line: Ice/Rock --> Ice/Time
NB: This is not calling for them all to be retyped. Rather, it is a call to analyze how (and indeed if) they would be changed were they to possess a Time typing. These would work better if, as I said above, these were different formes available through something like a Reversion Machine rather than blanket retypes of the species.

Dialga
Dialga: Dragon/Steel --> Dragon/Time
Come on, guys. It's the Dragon of Time.

Artifact Pokémon
Unown: Psychic --> Time/Psychic
Baltoy line: Ground/Psychic --> Ground/Time
Sigilyph: Psychic/Flying --> Time/Flying
Golett line: Ghost/Ground --> Ghost/Time
These are artificially-created Pokémon that have ties to ancient civilizations in both design and lore.

---

Potential retyped moves:-

Physical: Bide, Extreme Speed
Special: Echoed Voice, Roar Of Time, Swift
Status: Destiny Bond, Double Team, Encore, Foresight, Metronome, Trick Room

---

Move design ideas:-

Amber Pulse | 85 BP | Special | 100% | 10-16 | Pulse | No contact | Priority: 0 | All enemies | No additional effect | Z: 160 BP
Warp Strike | 90 BP | Physical | 90% | 10-16 | -- | Contact | Priority: 0 | Single enemy | 30% chance to lower target's Evasion by 1 stage | Z: 170 BP
Future Shock | 40 BP | Special | 100% | 20-32 | Pulse, Bomb | No contact | Priority: +1 | Single enemy | No additional effect | Z: 100 BP
Echo Strikes | 20 BP | Physical | 90% | 20-32 | -- | Contact | Priority: 0 | Single enemy | Hits 2-5 times | Z: 100 BP
Pressure Wave | 30 BP | Special | 100% | 10-16 | -- | No contact | Priority: +1 | Single enemy | 20% chance to lower two of the target's main stats by 1 stage | Z: 100 BP
Disrupt | 60 BP | Physical | 90% | 5-8 | -- | No contact | Priority: +2 | Single enemy | This move's Base Power is doubled if the user moves last. Hits through Protect | Z: 120 BP
Reinforce | -- | Status | -- | 10-16 | -- | No contact | Priority: +1 | Self | Switches the user out. Raises two of the incoming Pokémon's stats by 1 stage | Z: Heals the user to full before switching them out
Rewind | -- | Status | 100% | 5-8 | -- | No contact | Priority: 0 | Single enemy | Resets the target's stat adjustments. If a stat is affected, the user heals for 50% of its max HP
Preservation | -- | Status | -- | 5-8 | -- | No contact | Priority: +1 | Self | Raises the user's Defence by 2 stages. Raises the user's Special Defence by 2 stages if it moves last
Forgotten Power | -- | Status | -- | 5-8 | -- | No contact | Priority: 0 | Self | Raises the user's Attack or Special Attack by 2 stages, whichever is higher. Raises the user's critical hit rate by +1

---

Thoughts? =]
You forgot Future Sight as a time attack.

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
You forgot Future Sight as a time attack.
I'm not sure if I want future sight as a time attack. It's more related to psychic capabilities than bending time itself. We could make a clone of this move or something with the same gimmick for time type, though.

Let's talk type relations:

Offensive:-
Super-Effective vs: Electric, Fight, Fairy, Steel, Heart
Not Very Effective vs: Bug, Dragon, Ice, Normal
Ineffective vs.: Time

Defensive:-
Resistant to: Rock, Ground, Electric, Fairy, Fight, Ghost
Weak to: Poison, Normal, Heart, Dragon
Immune to: Time

So this is a type that fills some niches: resisting Rock/Ground (and Fight), Fairy resist, as well as resistance to Ghost and becomes a decent Electric counter as energy will fade in time. It also gives the Normals who don't like their Quick Attacks being infringed upon.

So why each type? Let's break it down.

Super-Effective vs: Electric, Fight, Fairy, Steel, Heart

Electric, or energy can be stopped by time. It's not infinite. This goes for fire/the sun as well, and those accursed fairies. Steel rusts/brittles and hearts? They go old and decayed and begin to fail in old age.

Not Very Effective vs: Bug, Dragon, Ice, Normal
Bugs meanwhile just don't go extinct, nor do dragons and when time does not work, there is a frozen universe. Normal people also have trouble understanding relativity.

Time is immune to itself. It's something I've wanted to see, a type outright immune to itself.

So defensively?

Resistant to: Rock, Ground, Electric, Fairy, Fight, Ghost

Earth is finite. The land will erode and so will metal and the heart. Fists weaken and spirits care little to even interact with time.

Weak to: Poison, Normal, Heart, Dragon

Poison tends to grow deadlier with time and normies REALLY don't understand relativity. Dragons are ancient and Heart? Well, even if it can decay, its determination can overcome many things.

Psychic and Time are neutral because fortune telling technically isn't brain based attacks, it doesn't even have to be psychic related AT ALL! Sure the brain could rot, but Psychic is not called Brain type.

That's just my idea. Not the best type chart logically, but... balancewise? It puts a loop on things giving Heatran and Magerna a new 4x weakness and resisting ghosts who use Fight or Electric or Ground coverage.

Matchup
Offensive:
2x against

1/2 against

0x against

Defensive:
2x from

1/2 from

0x from

Explanation/Niche:

Super effective against
  • : fire only burns when given time, so stopping time for a fire stops it from burning
  • : water flows, stop time and you stop the flow of water
  • : electricity is a flow of electrons, stop them and there can be no thunderbolts
  • : fighting is movement, stop movement and fighting is stopped
Not very effective against
  • : dragons are long-lived or even immortal beings, time cannot stop them
  • : psychics can manipulate time
  • : stopping time preserves a shadow rather than harms it
  • : ghosts are beings of the past existing in the present, they resist falling to time and instead exist beyond it
  • : ice is effectively water frozen in time, keeping it like that is exactly what it wants
Does not affect
  • : attempts to counter time with time yield nothing, they cancel each other out
Weak against
  • : psychics can manipulate time
  • : stopping time preserves a shadow
  • : living things can be frozen to effectively preserve, so in a sense ice can stop time
Resists
  • : dragons are long-lived or even immortal beings, time cannot stop them but they cannot stop time either except Dialga
  • : same as super effective against
Immune to
  • : attempts to counter time with time yield nothing, they cancel each other out
will probably make some eventually

Time-type Z-move: Eternal Onslaught

Instantiate
Effect:
Increases the power of Normal-type moves by 20%. It then changes those moves to Time-type.
Explanation/Niche: An -ate ability for the Time-type.

Moment's Notice
Effect:
The Pokemon's first move after entering battle gets +1 priority.
Explanation/Niche: This could be very helpful for hazard setters, anti-lead and Taunt users, and revenge killers, among others.

Natu and Xatu
/
=>
/

Stats changes: Xatu: 75 / 75 / 80 / 110 / 80 / 100 | BST: 520 (+10 HP, +10 Def, +15 SpA, +10 SpD, +5 Spe)
Ability changes: N/A
Explanation/Niche: I know they're birds but Xatu's Pokedex entries refer to its ability to see the future and past. also I think Xatu's flying model looks awkward and terrible so it should be grounded

Celebi
/
=>
/

Stats changes: N/A
Explanation/Niche: It's literally called the Time Travel Pokemon.

Yamask and Cofagrigus
=>
/

Stats changes: Cofagrigus: 90 / 50 / 145 / 95 / 105 / 30 | BST: 515 (+32 HP)
Explanation/Niche: Mummies and sarcophagi are often associated with civilizations that existed long ago.

Genesect-Primal
/
=>
/

Stats changes: 71 / 130 / 115 / 130 / 115 / 139 | BST: 700 (+10 Atk, +20 Def, +10 SpA, +20 SpD, +40 Spe)
Ability changes: Speed Boost
Explanation/Niche: It's a modified, weaponized ancient bug Pokemon. The exact creature or creatures it is based on is unknown, though it looks beetle-like.

Regirock
=>
/

Explanation/Niche: Its Pokedex says it was sealed away by people long ago, so it's an ancient Pokemon.

Regice
=>
/

Explanation/Niche: Its Pokedex says its body is made from ice from the ice age, and it had been asleep for thousands of years in a glacier.

Registeel
=>
/

Explanation/Niche: Its Pokedex says its body was created over tens of thousands of years underground.

Last edited:

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
All moves below will be typed Time.

Name: Tempo Beat-Up
Category: Physical
Base Power: 120
Accuracy: 85%
Effect(s): 10% chance of raising user's Speed by 1 stage if it successfully hit.
Z-Effect: 190 BP
Purpose: Strong Physical Time move that allows good STAB for physically oriented Primal forms and a few physical oriented Pokémon (not necessarily Time-type) that are shown to be in good shape.

Name: Slow-Down Beam
Category: Special
Base Power: 95
Accuracy: 100%
PP: 15
Effect(s): 10% chance of lower target's Speed by 1 stage if it successfully hit.
Z-Effect: 175 BP
Purpose: Standard Time-type Special Move, with the slowing down effect to stop fast sweeping set up if you are lucky.

Name: Roar of Time (reworked)
Category: Special
Base Power: 150
Accuracy: 90%
Effect(s): User will receive recoil damage of 33% of damage done to an enemy.
Z-Effect: 200 BP
Purpose: Making Dialga's signature move more effective and Time fits more to this move than Dragon-type.

Name: Field Reset
Category: Status
Base Power: ---
Accuracy: ---
Effect(s): Completely clears off the field from everything from both sides, which includes regular weathers, terrains, rooms, Reflect, Light Screen, Aurora Veil, Safeguard and entry hazards.
Z-Effect: Fully heals the user, then use Field Reset.
Purpose: A hard reset move that cleans off everything off the field except the competitors by putting the time in the field backward. Helpful if your team got too many unhelpful things to get rid off, at the cost of potentially botching your Reflect, Light Screen, Aurora Veil and cleaning off your entry hazards you put into the opponent.

Name: Time-Out
Base Power: ---
Accuracy: ---
PP: 10
Effect(s): The user temporarily slow time to heal itself by 33% then get switched away.
Z-Effect: Uses Time-Out, then heals the replacement.
Purpose: A two-in-one move that heals the user a bit while switching away. Take notice that this one have no priority, which means that slower Pokémon would likely to still get a hit, but also benefited by Prankster users (if any) to make a hasty retreat.

Name: Temporal Twist
Description: Upon switch-in, summon a Trick Room for five turns.
Purpose: Makes Trick Room more prominent and have Speed control. Speed by itself can become the most broken stat since Priority control had become more common. This also help out slower Pokémon to shine a bit more, at the cost of having to be careful with using much faster Pokémon. Only a few Pokémon can get this Ability.

Name: Patience
Description: Unaffected by Time moves. If hit by one, user's Speed is raised by 1 stage.
Purpose: Pokémon that are known to be patient (like the Slowpoke line) would not be bothered too much by the concept of time. Also made to reduce worry about switching into a Time-type attack.

Name: Temporal Plate
Description: Holder's Time-type attacks have 1.2x power. Judgement is Time type. When held by Arceus, it becomes a Time type.
Purpose: Obligatory Plate.

Name: Odd Watch
Description: Holder's Time-type attacks have 1.2x power.
Purpose: Obligatory Type boosting item.

Name: Time Gem
Description: Boost one Time type attack by 1.3x power. Consumed when this happens.
Purpose: Obligatory Gem.

Name: Time Memory
Description: Makes Silvally a Time-type and Multi-Attack also become Time type.
Purpose: Obligatory Memory.

Name: Timenium-Z
Description: Convert any Time-type move into a Time-type Z-Move. Damaging Z-Move is "Paradoxal Insanity". Judgement is Time type. When held by Arceus, it becomes a Time type.
Purpose: Obligatory Z-Crystal.

I may put more of those later.

Last edited:
Suggestion: Fossil Pokemon forms are changed through an NPC at a lab rather than in temporarily in battle like Primal Reversion. This allows these Pokemon to use items in battle since they will not be overpowered enough to be viable without them.

Matchup
Offensive:
2x against Fire, Dragon
1/2x against Steel, Ice, Water
Defensive:
2x from Fairy, Poison, Ghost
1/2x from Bug, Grass, Fire
Explanation: Super effective against Fire because fire eventually burns out over time and Dragon because while dragons are old, even they succumb to time. Not very effective against Steel because steel does not deteriorate over time like other materials. Not very effective against Ice or Water because while they can change state, their molecular make remains the same.

Takes super effective damage from Fairy due to fairies being known to mess with time, Poison due to some poisons having a continuous effect over time, and Ghost for not ageing as they did when they were alive. Takes not very effective from Bug and Grass because living things die over time, and Fire for the same reason as above.

Move: Redux
Typing:
Time
Base Power: --
Accuracy: --
Power Point: 15 (24)
Effect: Any hazards that have been removed from the opposing side will be restored
Z-Effect: Raises speed by two stages
Explanation/Niche: By rewinding time, the user is able to recreate any hazards that have been removed from the opposing field. This is a chance to set hazards if a hazard setter as fainted creating more opportunities for HO teams to break through bulkier teams and stall.

Move: Temporal Charge
Typing:
Time
Base Power: 120
Accuracy: 100
Power Point: 10 (16)
Effect: Deals damage two turns later (physical Future Sight clone)
Z-Effect: 190 BP
Explanation/Niche: The user charges at the opponent with such a force that they create a rift in time. The attack lands when the rift reopens two turns later.

Ability: Temporal Shift
Effect:
Sets Trick Room when Pokemon is sent out.
Explanation/Niche: This gives slower Pokemon more chances to be used in a similar fashion to Rain and Sun users.

Item: Ancient Rock
Effect:
Extends the duration of Trick Room to eight turns.
Explanation/Niche: A rock that amplifies the effects of time distortions. Similar to Damp Rock, Heat Rock, etc.

Pokemon Change: Sigilyph
Psychic/Flying => Time/Flying
Stats changes:
-30 Speed, +10 Defence, Special Attack, and Special Defence.
Ability changes: Temporal Shift replaces Wonder Skin
Explanation/Niche: Pokedex entries state Sigilyph were guardians of ancient cities. Their behaviour does not change over time because their memories ancient times dictate their actions. The lower speed also allows them to be a Trick Room setter

Move Change: Lock-On
Typing: Normal => Time
Effect Change: Lock-On duration is extended by one turn
Explanation: Pokemon is able to land attacks certainly due to knowing where the target will be when they attack.

WIP

It doesn't seem prudent (or fair) to give the two types most often resisted more things to resist them.
I focussed mainly on flavour rather than balance, might change it later. If not feel free to discuss it in the balancing phase if it gets through.

Gravity Monkey maybe make it so the LC fossil pokemon only get +50? Adding 100 bst to something like Tirtouga seems like it would be OP. Also, will they have to hold their specific fossil to Primal Revert?

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
Gravity Monkey maybe make it so the LC fossil pokemon only get +50? Adding 100 bst to something like Tirtouga seems like it would be OP. Also, will they have to hold their specific fossil to Primal Revert?
Good ideas, I was thinking about making new orbs, but that would definitively make it more simple. Also +50 seems more balanced too.

Golett and Golurk
/
=>
/

Stats changes (Golurk): 90 Hp (+1)/130 Atk (+6)/100 Def (+20)/45 SpA (-10)/80 SpD/65 Spe (+20)
Ability (Golurk and Golett): Iron Fist / No Guard / Speed Boost (HA)
Explanation/Niche
: Both Golett and Golurk were made by ancient civilisations a really long time ago, which is he main reasoning for most Pokemon to get the Time-type, being ancient.

Bronzor & Bronzong
/
=>
/

Stats changes (Bronzor & Bronzong): +20 Hp
Ability (Bronzor & Bronzong): Heatproof / Levitate / Drizzle (HA)
Explanation/Niche
: As Golett and Golurk, Bronzor and Bronzong were made by ancient civilisations a really long time ago, which is he main reasoning for most Pokemon to get the Time-type, being ancient. Drizzle comes of being made to call upon rain.

Torkoal
=>
/

Wartortle and Blastoise (Mega)
=>
/

Stats changes (Torkoal): 90 Hp (+20)/85 Atk/140 Def/85 SpA/80 SpD (+10)/20 Spe
Ability: N/A
Explanation/Niche: All of them are turtles / tortoises, which are known for living lots of years without aging. In fact, one of wartortle's entries says it can live over 1000 years.

Piloswine line
/
=>
/

Tangrowth
=>
/

Tangrowth
/
=>
/

Abilities: N/A
Explanation/Niche: All of them require having Ancient Power to evolve and are related to ancient creatures (Swinub line: Mammoths, Tangrowth: cavemen and prehistoric plants, Yanmega: Meganeuras).

Regirock
=>
/

Regice
=>
/

Registeel
=>
/

Regigigas (+Rest and Protect if possible)
=>
/

Abilities: + Solid Rock (Regirock), +Snow Warning (Regice)
Explanation/Niche: All of them are old as shit, but Fighting on Regigigas is a bit more special case, because well, it doesn't look normal at all and it had to have enough power to manipulate rock, ice and steel, so that's why it should be part fighting.
-Ancient Power (
)-->

-Extreme Speed (
)-->

-Agility (
)-->

-Roar Of Time (
)-->

-Stored Power (
)-->

-Encore (
)-->
Ability: Impatient
Effect:
Moves that require 1 or more turns of charge to deal damage loose said charge turn.
Explanation/Niche: Great for abusing high powered attacks that required annoying charge turns before attacking.

Ability: Slow Start
Effect:
Now only halves speed.
Explanation/Niche: Makes Regigigas less shitty.

Last edited:

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
Name: Time Warp
Type:

PP: 32
Secondary Effect: None
Z-Effect: +1 SpA
Description: The user hastens time, and all effects with limited duration end. (Sleep, Freeze, Confusion, Partial-Trapping moves, Perish Song, Weather/Trick Room)

Name: Countdown
Type:

PP: 8
Secondary Effect: None
Z-Effect: Heals User 100%
Description: The user sets up a timer. after 4 turns, all Pokemon on the field that aren't the user lose 1/4 max HP. This move is affected by Time Warp.

Name: Distant Punch
Type:

Base Power: 75
Accuracy: 100%
PP: 24
Secondary Effect: Punch Move. 10% Chance to lower the foe's speed by 1 stage.
Z-Effect: Temporal Takedown with a Base Power of 140.
Description: The user punches the target with enough force to change time.

Name: Distant Fang
Type:

Base Power: 65
Accuracy: 90%
PP: 24
Secondary Effect: Biting Move. 10% Chance to lower the foe's speed by 1 stage, and 10% Chance to flinch.
Z-Effect: Temporal Takedown with a Base Power of 120.
Description: The user bites the target with enough force to change time.

Name: Ancient Plate
Description: Holder's Time-type attacks have 1.2x power. Judgment is Time type.
Fling: Cannot be used with Fling.

Name: Time Memory
Description: Holder's Multi-Attack is Time type.
Fling: BP: 50

Name: Timium Z
Description: If holder has a Time move, this item allows it to use a Time Z-Move.
Fling: Cannot be used with Fling.

Name: Ancient Fossil
Description: Holder's Time-type attacks have 1.2x power.
Fling: BP: 30

Fast Pace: Pokemon who have a similar Speed base stat to this Pokemon always move last in their priority bracket. (so if your base speed is 95, pokemon with a base speed of 90-100 move last)

Slow-mo: all Pokemon have their speed lowered by 1 while this pokemon is active.

Exoskeleton: If this Pokemon is struck by a Critical Hit, the Attacker takes 1/2 Recoil Damage.

Aqua Affinity: During Rain, this Pokemon's non-water contact attacks do 10% More damage.

-----------------Primal-Forms-----------------------

New Stats: 70 / 60 / 145 (+20) /145 (+30) / 120 (+50) / 55
Ability: Sturdy

New Stats: 60 / 145 (+30) / 115 (+10) / 65 / 110 (+40) / 90 (+10)
Ability: Fast Pace

New Stats: 86 / 101 (+20) / 107 (+20) / 101 (+20 / 147 (+40) / 43
Ability: Slow-mo

New Stats: 75 / 135 (+10) / 120 (+20) / 90 (+20) / 120 (+40) / 55 (+10)
Ability: Exoskeleton

New Stats: 97 / 165 / 70 (+10) / 135 (+70) / 70 (+20) / 58
Ability: Rock Head

New Stats: 60 / 82 (+30) / 168 / 77 (+30) / 168 (+30) / 40 (+10)
Ability: Filter

New Stats:
74 / 128 (+20) / 133 / 103 (+20) / 105 (+40) / 52 (+20)
Ability: Aqua Affinity

New Stats: 75 / 190 (+50) / 65 / 162 (+50) / 65 / 110
Ability: Defeatist

New Stats: 82 / 151 (+30) / 129 (+10) / 69 / 109 (+50) / 81 (+10)
Ability: Intimidate

New Stats: 123 / 77 / 102 (+30) / 139 (+40) / 122 (+30) / 58
Ability: Snow Warning

If it's OK with Gravity Monkey , i was hoping to just have the LC Pokemon have the same stat boosts but halved? or do i have to write whole new things for them x_x

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)