Typing: The Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a good eventual project would be that of Fakemon, possibly even a new region to introduce these types with. Some types didn't get a chance to really shine fully beyond maybe 1 or 2 mons. Steel still only has 5 single type mons (although Mawile once was). Don't get me started on flying...

I'm thinking every new type needs 1 fully evolved single type utilizer of the type in question. To facilitate that, the 800 mons we have, probably aren't yet enough. I sound crazy, but I swear... I'm not!

Last edited:
Time
Only because alternate forms for fossils was suggested. Please don't retype fossils. Please don't retype fossils. Please don't retype fossils. Thanks.
I specifically laid out the idea of alternate formes because I didn't want to retype the fossil Pokémon; I just thought it would be interesting to compare the two, as Rock is a very lacklustre defensive typing but a fantastic offensive typing, while Time is a lot more balanced in terms of offence and defence.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Official post

Here's our winner! With 6 votes, colourcodedchaos' Time type is the next one we will be discussing. Also, gg to Sound and Light, which had 5 and 3 votes respectively. We will be starting the next submission slate somewhere in the next 24 hours.

Now, I'm going to open a little discussion about alternate forms for fossils. It's an idea that many people seems to like, and I would like to know your opinions on how this could be implemented. Also, if there's other topics you want to discuss, and I'm thinking particularly about multiple typings per slate, feel free to try to change my mind discuss about it.

I think a good eventual project would be that of Fakemon, possibly even a new region to introduce these types with. Some types didn't get a chance to really shine fully beyond maybe 1 or 2 mons. Steel still only has 5 single type mons (although Mawile once was). Don't get me started on flying...

I'm thinking every new type needs 1 fully evolved single type utilizer of the type in question. To facilitate that, the 800 mons we have, probably aren't yet enough. I sound crazy, but I swear... I'm not!
Here’s a point I brought up. I know it’s a tad radical, but every new type got its own set of new Pokémon to truly get a chance to shine with.

Controversial, but think how many single type time and heart pokemon we could make, or even heart/time.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Here’s a point I brought up. I know it’s a tad radical, but every new type got its own set of new Pokémon to truly get a chance to shine with.

Controversial, but think how many single type time and heart pokemon we could make, or even heart/time.
Personnaly, I think it's a pretty interesting idea and I would really like to have some fakemons in the mod someday, but I'm not too sure if it's the right time to do it. For the moment, I think 800 is largely enough for distributing two new types. But when we will arrive at five/six new types, I understand that we will start to lack of space.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Personnaly, I think it's a pretty interesting idea and I would really like to have some fakemons in the mod someday, but I'm not too sure if it's the right time to do it. For the moment, I think 800 is largely enough for distributing two new types. But when we will arrive at five/six new types, I understand that we will start to lack of space.
Especially considering how difficult it might be to fit in real Pokémon into two new types on the long run.

As of multiple typings per slate, I would go with just two, otherwise we will get too many stuff to make and vote for. Three is the maximum I would allow but would be a challenge to organize them all on one slate.

I'm open to having multiple new types per slate, but too many more and it could become overwhelming. I think two would be a good number to try and see how the subs and votes go.

On the topic of alternate forms for fossil Pokemon, maybe we could call the ones we already have "Revived" forms while the Time-typed forms could be called "Ancient" or "Native" forms or something like that.

In my opinion, Dragon should be strong against Time (or at least resist it), not the other way around. Dragons are, after all, often portrayed as being unaffected by age, or at least very long-lived. I'm also perfectly fine with giving the Fossils alternate forms.

Having multiple types per slate is a stupid idea that should not have even been considered. Just one type per slate has already caused sloppiness in finishing a chosen type (Healer/Heart), as well as several stupid ideas (Mineral, Wood, Plastic, Glass). Having two types per slate will make all of that far, far, far, far, far worse. You can still support the idea if you want, just know that you're being stupid.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
In my opinion, Dragon should be strong against Time (or at least resist it), not the other way around. Dragons are, after all, often portrayed as being unaffected by age, or at least very long-lived. I'm also perfectly fine with giving the Fossils alternate forms.

Having multiple types per slate is a stupid idea that should not have even been considered. Just one type per slate has already caused sloppiness in finishing a chosen type (Healer/Heart), as well as several stupid ideas (Mineral, Wood, Plastic, Glass). Having two types per slate will make all of that far, far, far, far, far worse. You can still support the idea if you want, just know that you're being stupid.
We could just as well not accept stupid ideas to begin with and reject anything that sounded too contrived and too limiting, as things like Mineral and especially Plastic could have too many limitation for new moves and retyped Pokémon. As for the sloppiness, I don't see the exact point but if it by being too chaotic, we could always have playtest and see what worked and what didn't worked once most of the mechanics and new stuff are coded.

We could just as well not accept stupid ideas to begin with and reject anything that sounded too contrived and too limiting, as things like Mineral and especially Plastic could have too many limitation for new moves and retyped Pokémon. As for the sloppiness, I don't see the exact point but if it by being too chaotic, we could always have playtest and see what worked and what didn't worked.
Playtesting one new type could very well be a huge mess, let alone two per slate, which will have added up by the time this is coded, AND I'm not sure how that's relevant in the slightest, as fixing things via playtesting in no way helps making the creation of a type less chaotic. In fact, we literally have yet to finalize the matchups for Heart. Also, doing two types per slate will decrease the amount of good ideas, as many of those are resubmitted and, believe it or not, it takes time to come up with good ideas.
Could you at least quantify what makes a type stupid or not before you just come across as crude or trying to make people not want to participate for daring to have ideas that you found to be wrongthink?
Types that are completely redundant cut-offs (like Mineral or Wood) or need ridiculous levels of reach to connect to any Pokemon (Plastic, and to a lesser extent Glass) are stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)