SM RU Tyrantrum Team

Preface
Keep in mind that this is my first RU team so it’s not perfect. Also, tell me if I did something wrong in the post it self. I did read all the rules but I wanted to double check. I’ve done a fair number of battles with this team. While it’s quite good, it is majorly lacking in some areas, so I decided to post it. I’m at about 1500 right now. With that being said, let’s start.

Teambuilding Process
Ok, I’m going to be frank here, this section is short because all I did was pick a core, and then build around it with sets I found in the strategy Pokédex.

Team Members

1533764205842.png

Pokémon: Tyrantrum
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Moves: Head Smash
Outrage
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Ev’s and Nature: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 hp. Jolly nature.
Explanation: At first glance, this appears to be a weird revenge killer type set. No dragon dance and choice scarf? But through play testing, I discovered that this set was actually just head smash spam, with outrage taking over whenever applicable. I chose tyrantrum because of its inherent good attack and good ability. It also helps my Escavalier with fire types. Rock head is outrageously good with stab boosts. I originally put a choice band for even more power, but then realized I was getting demolished by choice scarf users like flygon.

1533767771315.png

Pokémon: Escavalier
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
Moves: Megahorn
Iron Head
Protect
Knock off
Ev’s and nature: 252 hp, 52 attack, 204 sp def. adamant nature

Explanation: Escavalier also has an inherently high attack. It is also the teams only fairy resist which is hugely important. Megahorn and iron head are solid stab moves. Protect will let me scout for hidden power fires and odd extra moves. Knock off can cripple opponent’s leftovers recovery. Iron head can also hit rock types that resist head smash and will destroy gardevoir, which can stop tyrantrum when locked in outrage, cold.

1533768436826.png

Pokémon: Umbreon
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Ev’s and nature: 252 hp, 4 def, 252 sp def, calm nature
Moves: Heal bell
Wish
Protect
Foul Play.
Explanation: As you can easily see, my team is majorly weak to status, especially burn. Umbreon is a great cleric. Not only that, but as I have no defogger and no recovery on my tyrantrum, wish passing is great for it, keeping it topped up in the heat of battle. Synchronize can keep Umbreon safe from status in conjunction with heal bell. Foul play will majorly punish Pokémon who come in to set up, especially dd flygon which is strong against my team.

1533769010155.png

Pokémon: Slowbro
Ability: Regenerator
Item: Waterium Z
Moves: Slack Off
Scald
Psyshock
Calm mind
Ev’s and nature: 252 hp, 252 defense, 4 sp def, bold nature
Explanation: My team is majorly weak to ground and fire types, as the two main mon’s are weak to them, and Umbreon can’t do anything really. Slowbro’s item is so that it can pick up a guaranteed KO, on powerful ground types. Slack off keeps it here for good, and calm mind allows it to steam roll a team. Psyshock helps houndoom and glalie not get killed instantly. The defense investments help the team as a physical wall, and calm mind helps sp def.

1533769677173.png

Pokémon: Glalie-Mega
Item:Mega stone
Ability: Refrigerate
Ev’s and nature: 4 hp, 252 attack. 252 spe, Jolly nature
Moves: Explosion
Ice Shard
Earthquake
Return
Explanation: Mega Glalie provides a valuable dragon type destroyer, which will help out with one of tyrantrums weaknesses, and can help mega slowbro with ground types. Glalie also helps with the pesky grass types that carry hidden power fire for Escavalier. The added speed is helpful. Return is the move of choice for STAB, as the double edge recoil is not something I want. Explosion is basically a free kill for Glalie unless it is resisted. Ice shard can revenge kill and earthquake will destroy electric types that threaten slowbro and helps with opposing tyrantrums. I didn’t take spikes because I felt that it was a waste on mega Glalie.

Edit: I think replacing mega Glalie is a good idea because I need electric types.

1533770612167.png

Pokémon: Houndoom
Item: Life orb
Ability: Early Bird
Ev’s and nature: 252 attack, 4 sp def, 252 speed, Timid Nature
Moves: Nasty plot
Dark Pulse
Fire Blast
Hidden Power Water
Explanation: Houndoom can help the team with psychic types, as Umbreon really can’t damage special attackers. It is also the teams main special sweeper using nasty plot to boost up and then running over the opponents team with dark pulse and fire blast. Hidden power water allows it to damage rock types that can take a dark pulse. The life orb helps with damage, without locking in. This set originally had darknium Z, (slowbro had leftovers.) However, I felt that slowbro needed the power and Houndoom would do fine with just life orb, and wishing up to recover that damage.

Conclusion
This team isn’t the best and I can see the glaring flaw of no hazard removal, but I just couldn’t fit it in. That is all for now, please leave you comments.

Last edited:
Alright I have 2 recommendations. First is try to get another sr on the team besides tyrantrum. Having rocks on cb tyrantrum can make it so u miss out on a ko just cause of how powerful a it hits. You could possibly put crunch over that. Second, I think umbreon is too passive for the team. I would reccomend u-turn gligar with rocks/defog. Also this is not necisary, but id recommend a scatter on the team. Not sure what, but I always personally use speed control on bulky offense teams like these.

Alright I have 2 recommendations. First is try to get another sr on the team besides tyrantrum. Having rocks on cb tyrantrum can make it so u miss out on a ko just cause of how powerful a it hits. You could possibly put crunch over that. Second, I think umbreon is too passive for the team. I would reccomend u-turn gligar with rocks/defog. Also this is not necisary, but id recommend a scatter on the team. Not sure what, but I always personally use speed control on bulky offense teams like these.
Ok, thanks. I put Umbreon because my team was just so susceptible to burn. Do you have another option for something to rid my team of that? I’ll fix tyrantrum. And lastly, is mega Glalie a necessity? I don’t feel like I really need it.

Ok, thanks. I put Umbreon because my team was just so susceptible to burn. Do you have another option for something to rid my team of that? I’ll fix tyrantrum. And lastly, is mega Glalie a necessity? I don’t feel like I really need it.
Yeah since ur using it as a dragon destroyer, scarf gardevoir could replace that role. Can also revenge gatr when gatr is at +1

But how do I handle burns to tyrantrum? If it is burned, then it is crippled, right? Maybe, instead of healing wish, I could add heal bell to gardevoir?
I think ur over thinking burns. Slowbro could be ur burn absorber and healing wish gardevoir could clear out burns for tyrantrum. Also u could make tyrantrum banded if u wanted to as well if u decide to use gardevoir.

Here is Gardevoir
Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Trick
- Healing Wish
Here is gligar
Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog/ strealth rrocks
- Earthquake
- Toxic

You can go faster or slower in gligar depending on what you want to outspeed. These evs give you the ability to outspeed neutral base 60.

Here is Gardevoir
Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Trick
- Healing Wish
Here is gligar
Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog/ strealth rrocks
- Earthquake
- Toxic

You can go faster or slower in gligar depending on what you want to outspeed. These evs give you the ability to outspeed neutral base 60.
Ok, thanks a lot. I guess I’ll for Defog over stealth rocks as I think team boasts enough raw power to Ohko or 2hko most Pokémon’s, so thanks a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)