Other U-turn if you want to....

...the Beedrill is for turning!

So ORAS decided to make Beedrill kinda awesome, and my heart was filled with joy, the love bugs got with Mega pinsir was really nice, but aesthetically I adore M-Beedrill, so I must make a team around it...

I'm really not that great at competitive teams so you may cringe to death, feel free to publish an essay of improvements haha.

1) Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: (doesn't matter pre-Mevo) Adaptability
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 252 att, 252 speed, 4 hp

Protect
U-turn
Poison jab
Knock off

So clearly for much of the time it's going to be U-turning on things, hitting fairly hard what does not resist it. I was considering not even running protect, taking advantage of the assumption it will use it, however I will for now. M-evolve and protect first turn unless I feel an enemy switch/ I'm faster no enemy priority situation is on the cards. If I can predict a turn where I feel they may set up (something resists U-turn and expects me to U-turn out anyway) will try and cripple with knock off.

2) Chandelure @ Choice scarf
Ability: Flash fire
Nature: Modest
EV's: 252 Sp. Att, 252 speed, 4 hp

Fire Blast/Overheat
Shadow Ball
Energy ball
Trick/Hidden power ground

So with the idea of having options of U-turning into things which can deal with Beedrills weaknesses, this is to cover fire. For a start many fire mons may be reluctant to fire one off against Beedrill knowing this is in the team, will start testing out bluffs allowing for knock offs.

Obviously if it can grab a flash fire boost a fire blast will hit very hard even to things which resist it, overheat another option but clearly more a one off nuke.

Hidden power ground was mainly an idea to deal with Heatran.

3) Magnezone @ air balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
Nature: Modest
EV's: 252 Sp.att, 128 speed, 128 hp

Volt switch
Hidden power fire
Flash cannon
Thunderbolt

So obviously pretty much all Steels wall Beedrill, standard magnet pull trap.

4) Tentacruel @ black sludge
Ability: Liquid ooze
Nature: Bold
EV's: 252 def, 224 hp, 32 speed

Scald
Rapid Spin
Toxic spikes
Knock off

Beedrill and buddies do not appreciate rocks and all that malarkey, so Tentacruel had put itself forward as rapid spinner. If possible chuck out some pesky toxic spikes.

5) Rotom-W @ leftovers

Ability: Levitate
Nature:Bold
EV's: 248hp, 216 def, 44 speed

Volt switch
Hydro pump
Will-o-wisp
Pain split

Good switch in for T-flame as clearly a huge threat to M-beedrill. Standard defensive set, gone with pain split over chesto/rest, will try it out.

6) Bisharp @ Life Orb

Ability: Defiant
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 4 hp, 252 att, 252 speed

Sucker punch
Iron head
Knock off
Protect

Bring it in later when possible, gives some psychic immunity and can help take down physical attackers weakened earlier in-game by u-turns.

Bisharp was just thrown in due to psychic immunity tbh, may well be a better 6th mon for the team?

I went for chandy, but would a flash fire heatran be a superior idea?

Would a defogger be better than the Cruel?

cheers for any other advice guys/gals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)