ORAS Ubers Uber ExtremeSpeed HO team

Hi,

I am looking for help with my team. I do try to run HO sets and, in this case, prioritize priority. This is mostly to negate sucker punch and to let xerneas users think they will get a second turn after geomancy.

The team is successful, it hit a peak of 1500 on the ladder but I'm needing something to make the team great. That being said, here is the team:

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

I use Arceus, initially, for it's BST and having Extremespeed. Swords dance is in there for the easy boost. Earthquake is used for Pdon and steel types, as well as arceus forms which resist ES. shadow claw to stop ghost Arceus. I use a silk scarf over life orb for a lack of recoil, but this is probably an issue.
Mega Gengar stops this dead in it's tracks. Most times people have already seen EQ in the battle so they destiny bond me.

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch

I run a similar revenge killing set with Infernape, only with mach punch, with some success. Open with a power up punch, then keep doing PUP until the sash is in effect. Then either spam ES or the coverage moves.
Mega Khan stops this by breaking the sash early

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge

I use this one for it's type and ability. Before it received speed boosts from blaziken, however i havnt had the same success with rock polish. Dragon claw is there for the eon duo and stone edge for ho-oh.
P-kyogre does well against it, and has no real answer to any water one

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Psystrike
- Shadow Ball
- Aura Sphere

Again, this is used for brute power and to spread twave. Shadow ball is there for ghost arceus and other MMYs. It struggles against MMX and yveltal kills it before much happens

Ho-Oh @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Lonely Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake

My defogger, which will be a problem in itself. Bulky enough to hold its own when hazards are gone.
Any good groudon kills it instantly, as will things like xerneas

Rayquaza @ Muscle Band
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed

Another extremespeeder which shows up to finish the job(and since most opponents ive had finish with xerneas, tricks them into thinking they have an easy geomancy boosted kill). Dragon ascent and v-create are there for power, DD in case of a setup opportunity.

As you can see, the location of defog doesn't help, and lack of recovery means battles can turn into shootouts. any help is appreciated.

My apologies if my descriptions aren't detailed enough, it looked like more was written on my phone

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello, I'd be happy to give you a rate. Since EKiller, Deoxys-A, and Rayquaza are the Extreme Speed users (what you're building around) I kept those Pokemon in my rate. The weak links of this team are Mega Mewtwo Y and Ho-Oh; this first is redundant with Deoxys-A and doesn't provide much defensive utility while the second cannot function properly without anti-hazard support. Running anti-hazard support on the Pokemon that needs the support the most (also forces use of Pressure and wastes a moveslot) is silly. It's more reasonable to change these slots to Pokemon that can offer defensive utility while simultaneously fitting well with the previous teammates.

My first suggestion would be to replace Mega Mewtwo Y with Mega Gengar. This gives the team much more defensive utility thanks to Mega Gengar's ability to actually check offensive threats, but also retains a fast special attacker. You'll want an EV spread of 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe / Timid with the moves Protect / Destiny Bond / Focus Blast / Sludge Wave. You may want to experiment with a Will-O-Wisp + Hex set, but this team relies on priority rather than stauts + Mega Gengar to revenge offensive threats so I don't think it's a necessity here.

Xerneas over Ho-Oh is the next change you should make. Xerneas provides a switch-in to Latios and Yveltal, provides another set up sweeper, and along with the addition of Mega Gengar, provides a proper check to opposing Extreme Killer Arceus. An EV spread of 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe / Modest maximizes power, meets minimum Speed benchmarks when boosted, and provides some mixed bulk. Investing more heavily in defense is also an option. I'd recommend a moveset of Geomancy / Aromatherapy / Hidden Power Rock / Moonblast with a Power Herb. This team doesn't have a dedicated Sleep absorber and particularly benefits from being able to remove Thunder Wave, which is why I recommend running Aromatherapy. Hidden Power Rock is exclusively for Ho-Oh, but that is an important target. If you want the ability to hit Ho-Oh and niche Steels Thunder can be used instead.

Several of your other Pokemon need their EVs and movesets adjusted to fit this team's needs. Your Arceus should run Stone Edge over Shadow Claw since the final team doesn't have a very solid switch-in to Mega Salamence while it's able to pressure Ghost-types already. You may also want to try an EV spread such as 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe / Adamant that has more bulk since you do not opt for maximum Speed. Since you're trying to run an offensive Primal Groudon with a team that needs it running Stealth Rock you should run an EV spread of 152 HP / 236 Atk / 44 SpD / 76 Spe / Adamant. This spread meets several key defensive benchmarks against Xerneas and Mega Salamence, nearly maximizes Attack, and meets some Speed benchmarks. The proper moveset for such a role on this team would be Stealth Rock / Dragon Tail / Stone Edge / Precipice Blades.

Deoxys-A also needs its EV spread and moveset adjusted. I'd recommend a spread of 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe / Rash with a moveset of Extreme Speed / Ice Beam / Superpower / Psycho Boost. Deoxys-A doesn't get any worthwhile chances to setup since it is so fragile and easily revenge killed, so you need a moveset that can deal as much damage to as many different targets as possible. If you want to run a physical Rayquaza you should run a Choice Band instead and run Earthquake over Dragon Dance. This set has much more immediate power (important for a Pokemon like Rayquaza) and can now afford to run a Jolly nature, allowing it to be much more secure when facing off against the common base 90 Speed tier.

Summary:
- Replace MM2Y with this Mega Gengar
Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Destiny Bond
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Replace Ho-Oh with this Xerneas
Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Aromatherapy
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Moonblast
- Run Stone Edge over Shadow Claw on EKiller
- Consider a bulkier EV spread on EKiller
- Change Primal Groudon to this set
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 152 HP / 236 Atk / 44 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge
- Precipice Blades
- Change Deoxys-A to this set
Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Beam
- Superpower
- Psycho Boost
- Change Rayquaza's held item to a Choice Band, run Jolly over Adamant, and change Dragon Dance to Earthquake

That's everything I could do to make this team much more solid while building around the three Extreme Speed users. Good luck with the changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)