*Ubers* First warstory - Don't let it put you off :)

This is the first warstory I've made and it was with a relatively new team as well. I've made a few advances into the uber metagame before, but I've never had any really great battles or got very high on the ratings. So I decided to make a new team and venture forth. This battle was under one of my alts, Lonskion.

---

My Team

I made this team quite quickly and it does have trouble with stall teams, but it's doing alright.

---

My Opponents Team (None of that "Ooh you can see at the end" stuff)

---

Anyway, on with the match. I didn't get time to ask my opponent if I could Warstory this, so I decided to change their name to stop any lawsuits.

Pretty standard ubers match from what I've seen from warstories and my own experience. I don't know what you lot will think about it and it's only my first, but I'll do my best.

Here we go...

Battle will be bolded
My thoughts will be in blue
Percentages will be posted at the end of each turn and the score will be posted after each KO
Leftovers and status damage will be cut out after their first turn. The following pokemon have leftovers: My Team - Skarmory & Blissey. My Opponent - Deoxys-L, Starmie, Giratina.

---

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause

Lonskion sent out Kyogre (lvl 100 Kyogre).
Opponent sent out *Kyogre (lvl 100 Kyogre).

My Kyogre is a Timid Scarf lead, so I'm pretty confident that I'll go first, on the chance that my foe was Modest. Either way, I should be able to survive anything even if they go first. I decided to go with Thunder as I didn't want to overpredict on the first turn.

Kyogre's Drizzle caused a storm!
Rain began to fall!
*Kyogre's Drizzle caused a storm!
Kyogre used Thunder.
It's super effective!
*Kyogre lost 72% of its health.
*Kyogre used Water Spout.
It's not very effective...
Kyogre lost 14% of its health.
The rain continues to fall.

: 86%
: 28%
Either I won the speed tie, or I'm faster. Either way, *Kyogre is royally crippled and Water Spout bounced off of me like... Water? I don't think that my opponent will keep Kyogre in to die, but I don't want to switch something in blind, so I stick with Thunder and hope that there's no Dugtrio on his team.
---
Opponent switched in Latios (lvl 100 Latios).
Kyogre used Thunder.
Latios lost 17% of its health.
Latios is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
: 83% + Par
I guessed an Electric resist would come in, and turns out it was Latios. With Soul Dew boosting his stats and me only having Scarf not Specs, that was laughable damage. I was however lucky with the paralysis. I expect either a Grass Knot or Thunder so I switch to the usual girl for special attacks.

---
Lonskion switched in Blissey (lvl 100 Blissey).
Latios used Calm Mind.
Latios's special attack was raised.
Latios's special defence was raised.

: 100%
: 83% +1 SpAtk, +1 SpDef, +Par
Even with a Calm Mind, Blissey isn't very threatened. I thought that maybe Latios may carry on boosting while I do little damage and then Recover before sweeping, so I decided to Calm Mind alongside him. In hindsight this was a bad thing to do, as any physical attacker could have come in on me, set up when I switched and then swept. But either way, I CMd.
---
Opponent switched in Deoxys-l (lvl 100 Deoxys-l).
Deoxys-l is exerting its pressure!
Blissey used Calm Mind.
Blissey's special attack was raised.
Blissey's special defence was raised.

: 100% +1 SpAtk, +1 SpDef
If that was Deoxys-f then it was gg for Blissey. So as I see Deoxys, I either expect screens, hazards or Taunt this turn. I decide that once hazards are up Kyogre won't be able to make much use of Water Spout and I don't want to show more of my team, so I switch in Kyogre to deal some real damage and to avoid the spikes on the switch.
---
Lonskion switched in Kyogre (lvl 100 Kyogre).
Deoxys-l used Toxic.
Deoxys-l's attack missed!
Seeing Toxic made me very scared. Luckily as both of my walls are immune to Toxic (Steel typing and Natural Cure) I wasn't worried too much, but the prospect of Kyogre taking a death sentence next turn was enough to have me bring someone else in. I wanted Kyogre's Water Spout at full power for as long as possible, so status was a no go. At least spikes didn't go down I guess. So I switch in my steel type who can pose an immediate threat and dodge another Toxic.
---

Lonskion switched in Dialga (lvl 100 Dialga).
Dialga is exerting its pressure!
Opponent switched in *Kyogre (lvl 100 Kyogre).
*Kyogre's Drizzle caused a storm!

: 28%
I guess he expected a Water Spout, but now I'm in a pretty good position: Deoxys has gone so there's no spikes or screens yet, nothing that Kyogre can do will scratch Dialga and I might be able to get first blood this turn. Not wanting to lock myself into CB Outrage, I go for EQ, which was probably even more risky, seeing as Latios could switch in and CM.
---

*Kyogre used Thunder.
Dialga lost 23% of its health.
Dialga is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Dialga used Earthquake.
*Kyogre lost 28% of its health.
Opponent's *Kyogre fainted.

: 77% + Par
: 0%
Lonskion 6 - Opponent 5
Kyogre is brought down by CB Dialga. Dialga is now locked into EQ though, which is never a good position. The paralysis is negligible, as Dialga was never going to be outspeeding much anyway. I now wait to see who comes out.
---

Deoxys is obviously back to finish what he started with screens or spikes. I can't really hurt him with an unSTABBed EQ, but I stay in, in case he starts throwing Toxic around again.
Deoxys-l used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around your foe's team!
Dialga used Earthquake.
Deoxys-l lost 34% of its health.
Deoxys-l's leftovers restored its health a little!
Deoxys-l restored 6% of its health.

: 77%
: 72%
As I thought SR goes up and I hit back for 1/3 of his HP. Seeing SR and Toxic I guess there's nothing on his set to stop me from setting my own up, so I go off to Skarmory to make some rocks.
---

Lonskion switched in Skarmory (lvl 100 Skarmory).
Pointed stones dug into Skarmory.
Skarmory lost 12% of its health.
Deoxys-l used Recover.
Deoxys-l restored 28% of its health.
Skarmory's leftovers restored its health a little!
Skarmory restored 6% of its health.

: 94%
Skarmory comes in for free (besides the 6% SR damage after Leftovers). Deoxys must have expected another EQ, so the switch paid off. Now I can easily set up my rocks and take no damage back (unless he has Thunder, which I didn't expect at all on such a defensive set).
---

Deoxys-l used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered everywhere!
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
Skarmory used Stealth Rock.

Now I know all of Deoxys' set. Spikes and SR are set up for him, whereas I only have SR. I don't like taking 24% as soon as I switch in though, so I need to scare away Deoxys before he boosts that damage even further. I switch in Palkia to deal a lot of damage if he stays in, or to hurt whatever switches in.
---

Lonskion switched in Palkia (lvl 100 Palkia).
Palkia is exerting its pressure!
Pointed stones dug into Palkia.
Palkia lost 12% of its health.
Palkia was hurt by Spikes!
Deoxys-l used Spikes.

: 76%
So now I take 31% whenever I switch in, which isn't too great, this means that Palkia only has 3 more switch ins at max, so I need to make this count. I go for my strongest attack - STAB + Rain + Lustrous Orb boosted Surf.
---

Opponent switched in Starmie (lvl 100 Starmie).
Pointed stones dug into Starmie.
Starmie lost 12% of its health.
Palkia used Surf.
Starmie lost 71% of its health.
Starmie's leftovers restored its health a little!
Starmie restored 6% of its health.

: 76%
: 23%
I've never seen Starmie used in ubers before, but it must have a purpose. I expected a Specs/Scarf user to hit hard with STAB Surf and a 100% accurate Thunder, but then Palkia does those better anyway. So with me not knowing what he was about to do, I stayed in and tried to finish him off.
---

Starmie used Rapid Spin.
Starmie blew away the spikes!
Palkia lost 4% of its health.
Palkia used Thunder.
It's super effective!
Starmie lost 23% of its health.
Opponent's Starmie fainted.

: 72%
Lonskion 6 - Opponent 4
In my ignorance I forgot about Rapid Spin. This makes me think he has Ho-oh/Lugia/Rayquaza, so I need to try and get those rocks back up again. Starmie fainted and I now have a nice 6-4 lead, which leaves me feeling pretty comfortable and reeling about the next switch in.
---

Opponent switched in *Palkia (lvl 100 Palkia).
*Palkia is exerting its pressure!
Palkia. I thought perhaps a Scarf set and my opponent knows I only use a boosting item (not even Life Orb), so I doubt my abilities to fight this Palkia without being OHKOd very quickly. So once again I go to the special wall of my team (and everybody elses it seems).
Lonskion switched in Blissey (lvl 100 Blissey).
Pointed stones dug into Blissey.
Blissey lost 12% of its health.
Blissey was hurt by Spikes!
Blissey lost 19% of its health.
*Palkia used Spacial Rend.
Blissey lost 24% of its health.
Blissey's leftovers restored its health a little!
Blissey restored 6% of its health.

: 51%
Blissey takes a massive 49% just from switching in and walling, so I try to Softboiled as Palkia switches out. I see no LO so I assume it's scarfed. I click Softboiled and wait to see what happens.
---

*Palkia used Aqua Tail.
Blissey lost 51% of its health.
Lonskion's Blissey fainted.

Lonskion 5 - Opponent 4
Damn it looks like my foe was running my exact same set. Blissey went down after doing very little this match, which disappointed me. I'm also now very open to special attackers. However I now know that my foe is not scarfed, so I decide to switch in Palkia again, go for a speed tie and try hit Palkia with Spacial Rend.
---

Lonskion switched in Palkia (lvl 100 Palkia).
Palkia is exerting its pressure!
Pointed stones dug into Palkia.
Palkia was hurt by Spikes!
Palkia lost 19% of its health.
Palkia used Spacial Rend.
Palkia's attack missed!
*Palkia used Spacial Rend.
It's super effective!
Palkia lost 40% of its health.
Lonskion's Palkia fainted.

Lonskion 4 - Opponent 4
Even as I win the speed tie I am hit by Spacial Rend's accuracy issues. With the spikes too, I'm ruined by that attack. My 6-4 lead is brought down to a draw in 2 turns and Palkia still stands menacingly at 100%, so I need someone who can take his attacks and OHKO him back. I know that the set I used is Hasty, and that Palkia has lower Def than SpDef anyway, so I switch in my favourite banded Dragon.
---

Lonskion switched in Dialga (lvl 100 Dialga).
Dialga is exerting its pressure!
Pointed stones dug into Dialga.
Dialga lost 6% of its health.
Dialga was hurt by Spikes!
Dialga lost 19% of its health.
*Palkia used Surf.
Dialga lost 41% of its health.
Dialga used Outrage.
Dialga went on a rampage!
It's super effective!
*Palkia lost 100% of its health.
Opponent's *Palkia fainted.

: 11% + Par
Lonskion 4 - Opponent 3
Dialga comes in, takes a load from Surf & spikes, but survives and manages to OHKO back with STAB CB Outrage. I'm a lot more comfortable now that Palkia is down, as my lack of Blissey made me feel vulnerable. I'm leading again, just, so I wait for the next switch.
---

Deoxys comes in again, and is now guaranteed to get his final Spikes down. I'm still stuck on Outrage, so I just wait and hope for a crit or something.
Deoxys-l used Spikes.
Dialga used Outrage.
Deoxys-l lost 61% of its health.
Dialga's rampage ended.
Dialga became confused!

: 11% + Par, + Confuse
: 45%
Spikes go down, I hit for a fair bit with Outrage and I get confused. I think he thinks I'm going to switch because of confusion, so I don't want anyone getting Toxiced, so I decide to stay in and hope that he Toxics and I finish him.
---

Deoxys-l used Recover.
Deoxys-l restored 50% of its health.
Dialga is confused!
Dialga is paralysed! It can't move!

: 11% + Par, +Confuse
No such luck. Deoxys recovers in my face back up to 100% and I'm stuck doing nothing for a turn. Again I expect the Toxic, so I decide to stay in and last out the confusion. Deoxys literally can't touch Dialga though, so I can stay in for as long as I want.
---

Opponent switched in Latios (lvl 100 Latios).
Dialga is confused!
Dialga used Outrage.
Dialga went on a rampage!
It's super effective!
Latios lost 83% of its health.
Opponent's Latios fainted.

: 11% + Par, + Confuse
: 0% + Par
Lonskion 4 - Opponent 2
I didn't expect this but it turned out pretty well. Latios is taken down and I'm back at my 2 pokemon lead. At 11%, paralysed and locked into Outrage though, Dialga isn't doing much, so I assume he's going to be left in against whatever appears.
---

Opponent switched in Giratina (lvl 100 Giratina).
Giratina is exerting its pressure!
Giratina comes out, and seeing as Dialga will be finished off by spikes when he next switches, I decide to leave him in to die.
Giratina used Dragon Pulse.
Dialga lost 11% of its health.
Lonskion's Dialga fainted.

Lonskion 3 - Opponent 2
Dragon Pulse kills Dialga, and I know that Giratina is probably running the Bold Dragon Pulse/Will-o-Wisp/Rest/Sleep Talk set. I decide to switch in Kyogre, who can easily take a Dragon Pulse and can hit back with Ice Beam. Water Spout is now a no go thanks to all the spikes, so I have to rely on my less powerful moves.
---

Pointed stones dug into Kyogre.
Kyogre lost 12% of its health.
Kyogre was hurt by Spikes!
Kyogre lost 25% of its health.
Kyogre used Ice Beam.
Deoxys-l lost 23% of its health.
: 49%
: 83%
Kyogre takes a lot of damage, but manages to get Giratina in his sights, only to see him gone and to see Deoxys in his way. Deoxys takes little from this attack and I know that a Toxic is coming my way. I switch Skarmory back in, to hopefully set up those rocks I wanted all that time ago. I now know that he doesn't have Ho-oh/Lugia/Rayquaza, but the rocks that I do plan to set up end up helping a lot.
---

Deoxys-l used Toxic.
It doesn't affect Skarmory...

: 94%
: 89%
Toxic comes and Skarmory laughs it off. Deoxys now has to switch as it can't do anything to Skarmory. I should have used this turn for SR, but I forgot it had been Rapid Spinned away, so I went with Drill Peck for some reason. Don't ask.
---

Skarmory used Drill Peck.
Giratina lost 10% of its health.
Giratina's leftovers restored its health a little!
Giratina restored 6% of its health.
: 96%
Giratina just survives that mighty Drill Peck and Skarmory is left with nothing to do. I decided to Whirlwind Giratina out next turn, because I didn't want WOW decreasing Drill Peck's fantastic power.
---

Giratina used Will-o-wisp.
Giratina's attack missed!
Skarmory used Whirlwind.
: 95%
Luckily WOW misses and I get Deoxys out again. I know that Deoxys will be switching, so I use the turn to get Kyogre in to do some real damage to these two.
---

Pointed stones dug into Kyogre.
Kyogre lost 12% of its health.
Kyogre was hurt by Spikes!
Kyogre lost 25% of its health.
Giratina restored 3% of its health.

: 12%
Kyogre takes a lot from Spikes and now has to stay in or die on the next switch. A Scarf Ice Beam could never OHKO a full health Giratina, so I went with Hydro Pump, which could at least hurt Deoxys if he switches in.
---

Kyogre used Hydro Pump.
Deoxys-l lost 72% of its health.
Deoxys-l's leftovers restored its health a little!
Deoxys-l restored 6% of its health.

: 29%
Luckily Deoxys did come in and took a lot from Hydro Pump. In the midst of all this stalling I saw a way out to beat these two. I had a walking dead Kyogre, a full health Skarmory and a full health Rayquaza left. If I switched Rayquaza in, he would take SR, might possibly not OHKO Giratina and get finished off by Dragon Pulse. I needed to weaken Giratina and try and kill Deoxys before he could Recover off the 72% I had just done. If he managed to Recover, Kyogre would have died in vain and even if Rayquaza could break Giratina, he couldn't break a full health Deoxys. I hatched a nasty plan to ruin these two.
---

Kyogre used Hydro Pump.
Giratina lost 29% of its health.
Giratina restored 6% of its health.

This wasn't my plan just yet, I was testing the waters to see if Deoxys would stay in. My opponent wasn't so ignorant it seems. Giratina is still at high health and I don't want Deoxys switching in. I decide to switch in Skarmory to get those rocks up that I lost so long ago and that are integral to my plan.
---

Giratina used Will-o-wisp.
Skarmory was burned!
Skarmory was hurt by its burn!

: 82% + Burn
Now Skarmory is on a timer and I needed him to last as long as possible. Luckily I've managed to get Skarmory in though, so things could be worse. I expected a switch to Deoxys to heal up while i SR, so I used Whirlwind to prevent it.
---

Skarmory used Whirlwind.

: 76% + Burn
Deoxys comes in and comes straight back out again. Now if only there was a way I could make that do damage eh? Exactly. If an when I have SR up I can shuffle between these two pokemon and wear them down with SR every turn. I guess that Giratina has had enough of me whirlwinding, so I decide to set up SR while he dragon pulses. If this works then the game is just about mine. If Deoxys comes in then I'm in a bit of trouble, as he can Recover next turn. Here's hoping...
---

Skarmory lost 20% of its health.
Skarmory used Stealth Rock.

: 50% + Burn
: 95%
: 29%
*Now that the SR has been set up I'm posting both Giratina's and Deoxys' HP, as it gets difficult to keep track with all the shuffling and burn damage etc.*

Dragon Pulse bounces off me again and I get my rocks up. I just have to hope that 50% HP can last me, what with the chance of Dragon Pulse every turn and Burn damage.
---

Pointed stones dug into Deoxys-l.
Deoxys-l lost 12% of its health.
Skarmory used Whirlwind.
Pointed stones dug into Giratina.
Giratina lost 12% of its health.
: 44% + Burn
: 17%
At 17% there's only 2 more Whirlwinds left before Deoxys goes down. I just hope that Giratina doesn't use Dragon Pulse and crit next turn, or else I'm buggered. Obviously I whirlwind again.
---

Deoxys-l lost 12% of its health.
Skarmory used Whirlwind.

: 38% + Burn
: 5%
With Deoxys at 5%, I'm guaranteed he will die, as once he switches in he's finished. Now it's just a simple rinse and repeat.
---

Skarmory lost 20% of its health.
Skarmory used Whirlwind.
Deoxys-l lost 5% of its health.
Opponent's Deoxys-l fainted.
: 12% + Burn
Lonskion 3 - Opponent 1
Deoxys bites the dust and all that's left now is to bring Rayquaza in and to finish Giratina off.
---

Lonskion's Skarmory fainted.

: 0% + Burn
Lonskion 2 - Opponent 1
Skarmory goes down too, and now Rayquaza's on his way in.
---

Lonskion switched in Rayquaza (lvl 100 Rayquaza).
Pointed stones dug into Rayquaza.
Rayquaza lost 25% of its health.
Rayquaza used Outrage.
Rayquaza went on a rampage!
It's super effective!
Giratina lost 77% of its health.
Opponent's Giratina fainted.

: 75%
Lonskion 2 - Opponent 0
77% Giratina goes down to Outrage and I am left victorious.

Lonskion wins!

---

Props:
Skarmory, for setting up the Stealth Rocks that allowed me to kill Deoxys-L
Kyogre, for doing 72% to Deoxys, bringing it within range of a SR shuffle KO
Leftovers, for healing 6% on Skarmory, so Burn didn't finish him off

Slops
My team, for not having a single move to hit Deoxys for SE damage
Spacial Rend's acc, meaning my Palkia was KOd after missing.
Blissey, who did nothing besides statting up and then dying.

And that's that. If you've read all the way down to here then thank you for humouring me this long. Hopefully I'll have passed in the eyes of you all and can do some more warstories when good battles come along.

Until next time (Here's hoping I get a next time)...

It was decent. You had good commentary, but the battle was lackluster. Shuffling to get out your Rayquaza just doesn't make for a great warstory, but if you have a better match, you could probably write a really good one.

Not bad, but this probably wasn't the most 'warstoryable' (is that a word?) battle. I agree with Darth above in that the shuffling was pretty pointless, and boring to read through.

Kudos on the commentary though, just use a better battle for a story next time.

I'm going to disagree; this was a good battle compared to almost every warstory I read. Most warstories are made of hax and fail; this was a really clean battle, and very well fought on both sides. Excellent warstory.

The battle was "OK", but what I disliked more was the number of misplays, your opponant kept switching Deoxys into SR and then being Whirlwinded out, when it could have waited to be Whirlwinded in and then Recover for example, that would have completely changed the complexion of the late game.

So the battle itself wasn't great, but I enjoyed your comments, and that's what kept me reading to the end. Overall, I'd say a well written warstory, and I would definately read yours again, if you were a little pickier in your selection of battles to warstory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)