Ubers > OU

Hi fellas! After reading few Train Man's warstories I have found, that Uber Metagame is more intresting than OU and UU. So I started my career in Ubers with some random team, which succesed surprisigly well. But because I wasn't totally satisfied I build this team.

Team on glance

Dialga @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/40 Spd/162 SAtk/56 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Fire Blast
- Aura Sphere

Before I started making this team I wanted a good lead, that deals with some standard leads and can hit hard. Specs Dialga is that kind of lead; It handles Kyogres and Palkias (altought Modest Specs Palkia OHKO me with Draco Meteor, nothing else doesn't OHKO). Moveset is standard and I can deal with every Uber. (Only Blissey walls me.) EVs are designed to OHKO Supporter Groudon and I put all the other EVs to maximize defence.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Wish
- U-turn
- Protect
- Toxic

I hate this thing but also love it. Jirachi walls huge number of Ubers and can just stall them to death with Toxic. I have two Life Orb users so Wish is must and it gives me a reliable healing move. U-Turn is sexy move because I can scout what foe is doing and it also part of the Jirachi + Weavile combo. You don't wanna face this thingy.

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
EVs: 40 HP/68 Atk/216 Spd/186 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Focus Punch / Brick Break ?
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Flamethrower

Wall Breaker + Semi Revenge Killer. Absolutely devastating set, which destroys nearly everything. Groudon and Kyogre hatee Grass Knot, Dragons hate Ice Beam and Flamethrower is for steels. Focus Punch has good chance to OHKO Blissey, but it is hard to use because there isn't often situation when Blissey is switch in. Often I just OHKO their pokemon with special move so I'm considering Brick Break or Selfdestruct.

Lugia @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP/50 Def/212 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Roost
- Reflect
- Ice Beam
- Whirlwind

Superstandard psychical wall Lugia. Because there really is only Lugia and Giratina to take psychical moves I had to pick Lugia, because wall without reliable healing move is IMO suicide. I don't need to explain to set it's the standard, but I add extra Speed EVs to outspeed pokes whose target speed is 307 or 308.

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Night Slash
- Ice Shard
- Brick Break

Underrated fucker from the OU tier. Nothing wanna takes Life Orb and Sword Dance boosted attacks. Night Slash and Ice Shard sweep floor like a giant broom because their coverage in Ubers is awesome. I choose Adamant nature 'cause there isn't nothing to outspeed in 349-383 (except Lati@s and Darkrai and I just use Ice Shard which is good bye to all of them.) Works well with Jirachi when Jirachi first absorb Ray's outrage and then Weavile send Rayquaza to hell with Ice Shard.

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 172 HP/176 Spd/26 SAtk/136 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Refresh

Needed special wall. And there is only Blissey and Latias, but because Blissey can't win Specs Kyogre I picked Latias. This is good set but I need to be careful with Tyrannitar, Metagross and Scizor. EVs are maybe bit random, but I just wanted to have good walling cabablities and enough speed to outspeed Palkias. Refresh is good move and it's priceless when Rayquaza or Palkia think theyre gonna kill your paralyzed Latias and then get screwed.

Team check
  • Have a special wall? Yes (Latias)
  • Have a physical wall? Yes (Lugia)
  • Have a special sweeper? Yes (Latias, Dialga and Mewtwo)
  • Have a physical sweeper? Yes (Weavile)
  • Have resistances to Dragon, Ice, Electric, Psychic, Dark, Ghost, Bug, Fighting, Ground, Water, Fire, Steel and Rock? The team resists them all.
  • Have a Spinner? No, but with 2 pokemon resisting Stealth Rock, two immune to Spikes and having Wish support Spikes and Stealth Rock are not that much of a threat.
  • Have a phazer? Yes (Lugia)
  • Have a weather changer? No, but weather isn't problem to my team.
  • Have a Spiker/Stealth Rocker? No, but these aren’t exactly required anyways.
  • Have a sleep talker? No and this is problem.
No bigger threats althought Lugia + Tyrannitar + Kyogre is hard to deal with. It's only thing which has cause me loosing. (6 wins, 1 lose)

So now it's your turn. Please give me suggestion and comments so I can maybe adjust my team.

-.-
What's with ppl using my jirachi all of the sudden lol

You have a problem handling statuses like burns.
A good heracross can eat your team alive just as soon as sr are up and lugia is semi weakened.
I'd take out grass knot for thunder, and add in seldestruct over flamethrower. Use brick break if you can't predict well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)