Project Ubers Player Spotlight #13: Hugo Barrington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Nayrz
Changed 'Ubers Player of the Week' from Arii Stella

Ubers Player Spotlight - #13

Ubers Player Spotlight is the place where I interview notable and respected players from Ubers, the tier where the fiercest monsters combat and exert apocalyptic force. People I choose to interview are the elite players who excel at taming the strongest monsters and have been consistent throughout tournaments and is well respected by the community.

I am open to suggestions (DMDW#8155) about the players that can be interviewed, but please keep in mind that suggested players are subjects to review by me and Ubers moderation team. With that out of the way...

Spotlight #13:

Most Known For:

Won a ssnls (came from losers to win it) and 12 0ed in finals. Made open semis tho i coulda had it all. Played 2 ssnls and 2 opens in total. Also known for having the most beefs. Got drafted for UPL just months after starting mons.

Favorite Pokémon:

Zoroark is the most stunning pokemon i have seen. The concept and idea behind zoroark is something I really like.

Overview:

Hey folks, Im an aerospace engineering graduate .Also a hardcore Chelsea fan in soccer and a Rockets fan in NBA. As u all might already know, i dig rap. My top 10 artists or groups/duos would be Nas Tupac Biggie Rakim Mos Def Eminem Mobb Deep Wu Tang Clan NWA(Eazy E the best btw) Gang Starr.I got some other hobbies. Used to sell drugs back in the day(DOPE HOBBY RIGHT?). I have played badminton on a professional level (was ranked 12 in india ) until i was 19. Also played for my state soccer team until 19 . Love working out and vaping/stoning ironically. Moved to USA this year and prolly will stay here until 120 yo. Partying my religion af. Also have dabbled with DJing tho it was a disaster. A huge netflix buff. My personal motto is : hoes over bros. Jeffrey Archer , Dan Brown, Stephen King , David Baldacci amongst my favourite writers.

What is your name's origin?

Hugo Barrington is basically the name of the antagonist in "The Clifton Chronicles " by Jeffrey Archer. The character was the literal definition of a savage and that is something I associate with. The name in itself is pretty intense and catching.

We'd love to hear some background information about your interest into Pokemon.

I basically started PS just cuz I never really dug the idea of playing the single player pokemon versions and wanted a multiplayer platform. My man Blaze8437 introduced me to PS and then I was immediately captivated by ubers cuz it had the "BIG GUNS".

What have attracted you into Ubers?

Yeah basically what I said in the last question. I wanted to mess around with the 680 BST legendary mons and ubers was basically the only place to do that.

It seems like you helped Terracotta get into Ubers playerbase. What do you deem the most valuable from the relationship with him?

Terra owes absolutely nothing to me. Sure I talked with him and bounced around ideas or concepts but hes a man who has risen by himself without any help from anybody. The worst part is tho, whenever he wanted some assistance he never could get it cuz thats how friendly we ubers people are :)! I guess the worst situations pull out the best from you.

What is your favorite playstyle? What generation do you like the most?

My favourite playstyle is BO. Favourite gen is pre marsh SM. I guess my first statement kinda answers for the second statement and vice versa cuz pre marsh SM was the time when BO was the best and even is pretty decent rn. I wouldnt place ORAS much behind though cuz I loved the intense fast paced nerve wracking matches they had.

How do you feel about the Gothitelle & Gothorita suspect?

I honestly wanted to ban the goth duo cuz I fucking hate how they reduce the pace of the game and also primarily cuz playing with goths requires no skill, its just autoplay.

Are there any elements of the metagame that you deem unhealthy?

I think webs right now is just fucking aids. If u dont understand something, just show up with webs , cheese and take away the game. I honestly want a webs ban cuz it will give way to a more stable metagame. Banning webs might probably strengthen ubers case for future slams and snake drafts or whatever i feel.

What is your the most memorable game of Ubers?

1537330989421.png
Hugo Barrington's team: Zygarde / Tapu Lele / Groudon / Salamence / Arceus-Fairy / Ferrothorn
Cynara's team: Sableye / Toxapex / Arceus-Ground / Lugia / Blissey / Tyranitar

Me VS Sarah for Seasonals R8 or R10 G2.
I was down a game after being haxed like hell. The g2 matchup looked super bad for me and my only way to win it was thru carefully maintaining the synergy between mence zyg and fairyceus. There was another reason as to why the matchup was even more worse than i thought, my sexy arabic dimwit omfuga put perish song on the fairyceus instead of tox and i forgot to change it. The match lasted hella long and ultimately zyg took it home.

1537331133659.png

HugoBarrington's team: Diancie / Arceus-Dragon / Ferrothorn / Groudon / Ho-Oh / Landorus-Therian
Gunner Rohan's team: Arceus-Ground / Mewtwo / Groudon / Rayquaza / Xerneas / Giratina-Origin

Me VS Gunner for CleanSweep Tour Semis G2.
This was at the time when no one legit knew who I was cuz I had just started and this was legit my first or second tour. The tour obviously wasnt all that prestigious but I had to start somewhere. Had lost the first game and decided to pick g2 ORAS cuz i wanted to play gunner in his home turf cuz if u know gunner all he says are three things - 1) I am gay, 2) I microwave my cereal, 3) I am the ORAS goat which he is i agree. The match was pretty intense and it involved a lotta plays and 50 50s. I ended up losing the series but I feel this was the start to something better.

1537331105565.png
Hugo Barrington's team: Excadrill / Ho-Oh / Zygarde / Arceus-* (not revealed) / Tyranitar / Ferrothorn
HunterStorm's team: Tyranitar / Zygarde / Ho-Oh / Arceus-Ground / Scizor / Chansey

Me vs HunterStorm Grand Finals G2
Me and dice cooked up this sand squad and damn did it go ham. Was a fitting ending to the 12- 0 .

How did UPL VI go with Choice Bandits?

I honestly was very busy with my life during the last UPL so my contribution was absolutely nil. I hardly even opened the chats and I dont think I was focusing on the tour either at that point. But I gotta say this tho, bandits and mukkers were legit the best teams cuz many of my people were in both squads. Bandits gonna bounce back the next UPL tho cuz bruh, WE THE BANDITS!

What new or existing users or players in Ubers do you look up to?

I dont get the phrase "look upto" honestly. But I do have a squad of my goons whom have been by my side from when i started - The Trap God, Acacia, mags, Daenys, Dominatio and James Jimmy.

What are your advice for new players getting into Ubers?

Dont hesitate to keep asking for help and advice even when your turned down. Eventually, someone will answer. Build your own stuff too cuz that way you get a better understanding of the meta.

Please share a set that you think is the most underrated and a set that is the most overrated in Ubers.

Underrated:

1537331329480.png

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Substitute

Apparently Hugo doesn't think anything is overrated? Or maybe he just chose to not answer

Would you provide us with a team and add a brief description?

The funny part is I have hardly built 2 or 3 legit teams throughout my team here. Ttg used to build for me in tours and I mostly used and still use his stuff. But, I have one team. Its probably wack as hell tho.

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Dragon Tail

Arceus-Grass @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Grass Knot
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Excadrill @ Groundium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Coil
- Toxic
- Thousand Arrows
- Rest

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Defog
- Sacred Fire
- Recover

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Toxic

And i kinda made all my s/o in open thread so aint doing it again.

=
=
=

Thank you Hugo Barrington for spending the time to answer the questions! Feel free to ask other questions in this thread!

Last edited:

darrell1297

Banned deucer.
Hello Hugo,

I feel some sort of way you forgot all those times in 2016 me and you battled like 20 times a day, ho v ho, but I digress.

what is your favorite eminem song?
what is your favorite book series?
and who was your favorite milf you have ever seduced? I know this is a hard question because there are so many to choose from so take your time answering

This thread hit the fastest record of getting 10 likes (and yes, the juicy likes are mine, not anyone else's). Congratulations Hugo Barrington !

- How did you feel about Ubers Open run? I am aware there are similar questions to this but I want to hear more about some notable moments.
- Do you think spending time in this website benefits your attempt to adapt to US life?
- What teammates would you suggest with the Gliscor set that you deem underrated?

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Who do u fuckin hate in smogon
Whos the shittiest player uve played

Non-memes:
Who do you think deserved to be drafted in Snake draft and who should be in potentially SPL? Likewise with UPL - who do you see getting drafted this year that wasn't drafted, and do you plan on playing/managing?
What other metas are you interested in outside of Ubers?
What's your thought process with building?
Why is Chelsea the worst team in the premier league?

how did it feel to go from losers bracket to winning 12-0 in seasonal finals?

how has losing a foot affected your day to day life? do you think it made a difference on how you played in your ubers open run?

why did you back out on using whimsicott in seasonal finals even tho its way more OP than gliscor?

what have been some of your favorite experiences in the community?

whats the transition been like from gang life and drug dealing to university in the US?

Hello Hugo,

I feel some sort of way you forgot all those times in 2016 me and you battled like 20 times a day, ho v ho, but I digress.

what is your favorite eminem song?
what is your favorite book series?
and who was your favorite milf you have ever seduced? I know this is a hard question because there are so many to choose from so take your time answering
Till I Collapse
The Clifton Chronicles
Aite imma be honest af here. I have only had 3 milfs in my entire life. But the best would prolly have to Mandy Stiles who babysitted my friend’s daughter .

Last edited:
This thread hit the fastest record of getting 10 likes (and yes, the juicy likes are mine, not anyone else's). Congratulations Hugo Barrington !

- How did you feel about Ubers Open run? I am aware there are similar questions to this but I want to hear more about some notable moments.
- Do you think spending time in this website benefits your attempt to adapt to US life?
- What teammates would you suggest with the Gliscor set that you deem underrated?
The open run was hella fun but I’m still salty about the loss rn. There were absolutely no notable moments tho I’m sorry to say that lol.

I usually run sand like henri with gliscor cuz I think both go really well.

Last edited:

Who do u fuckin hate in smogon
Whos the shittiest player uve played

Non-memes:
Who do you think deserved to be drafted in Snake draft and who should be in potentially SPL? Likewise with UPL - who do you see getting drafted this year that wasn't drafted, and do you plan on playing/managing?
What other metas are you interested in outside of Ubers?
What's your thought process with building?
Why is Chelsea the worst team in the premier league?
I honestly fucking hate some scrubs like Melle2402 and Krauersaut.

Honestly the shittiest players in my opinion are the ones who have stayed on PS for quite some time but still have performed pretty average - Arii Stella( I can see poek cocking his toy gun),CKW and Finchinator( OU as well as Ubers). This isn’t an attack in a way or smth , it’s just how I feel.

Imma skip the UPL/ SPL question cuz I don’t have a damn clue honestly .

I’m not interested in any tier apart from ubers.

I prolly go with a core that I like consisting of 2/3 mons with movesets that have synergy and keep on building from there.

Nigga don’t ever say shit about Chelsea again

Last edited:
how did it feel to go from losers bracket to winning 12-0 in seasonal finals?

how has losing a foot affected your day to day life? do you think it made a difference on how you played in your ubers open run?

why did you back out on using whimsicott in seasonal finals even tho its way more OP than gliscor?

what have been some of your favorite experiences in the community?

whats the transition been like from gang life and drug dealing to university in the US?
Felt like I had a pokegasm bro.

Losing a foot stimulated my brain to perform better so ya in a way I did good cuz I lost a leg.

Lmao I woulda used whims like u me dice planned but dice pussied out so I hadda go with the gaylord’s wishes

Man my favourite experience will probably be when I started squeezing in onto the real scene early SM and also the times we have fucked around with everybody lmao.

Hmm good question. The transitions actually not bad tbh cuz I m boutta do the same shit in a couple of weeks here 2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)