"Ubers Sucks lol !" - Round 1 (see post #7)

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader

It's the general default view of the regular tournaments player who is uncomfortable with how different Ubers is from other core metagames, and possibly the past record of certain individuals/groups/tournaments (rip). So this is an USM Ubers tournament aimed to just be fun, so try not to mess it up with robots from your garage or the angels on your shoulders whispering to you.

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Standard SM Ubers.
  • Best-of-three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on the Smogtours server.
  • POST YOUR REPLAYS IN THE THREAD
  • SM cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview
Special Rules:
  • Liar's Rule: Lie your way to victory! In this tournament, you and your opponent will take turns telling each other what you will do every turn. Every player gets two lies to use for the entire match (three lies from top 12 and onward, which is changed from signups due to the low turnout), so you must think strategically about when the most opportune time is to burn your lie, and what you should lie about. Put yourself in a position to win! (mostly copied from jake's 2014 Liar's Rule II)
  • No Johns: The deadlines will only be 3 days long, no extensions except under Very Special Circumstances(and nothing more than 24 hours at that).
- Every player must declare what move they will be doing in that turn.
- You get 2 lies for the whole game.(three lies from top 12 and onward)
- Whoever is first in the matchup has to declare their lead during team preview first.
- Whoever is second in the matchup has to declare their move in turn 1 first.
- Players go on alternating until the game is over.

For example, say Sweep is playing Nayrz. The matchup is listed as "Nayrz vs Sweep". Nayrz must tell Sweep his lead first, then Sweep will tell Nayrz his lead. After both leads are sent out, Sweep will tell Nayrz which move he will make that turn (if he switches, he will say which Pokemon he is switching to), and Nayrz will follow suit. Turn two, Nayrz will tell Sweep what move he will make, followed by Sweep telling Nayrz, and so on.

Unrevealed formes, like Arceus, have to be referred to specifically by their forme for the first time.

Z-Moves have to be referred to specifically or it counts as a lie.

Changing form, like Mega Evolving or Ultra Bursting, are not counted separately. So if Nayrz said "Ultra and SD" with his Dusk Mane, and if he does anything except Ultra and SD, it counts as a single lie.

- Ultra and SD: truth

- Ultra and not SD: 1 lie

- Not Ultra and SD: 1 lie

- Not Ultra and not SD(includes switching): 1 lie
Deadline: 9 November(Friday)

The Dovahneer vs Mysterious M
Deschutes vs SoulWind
GotCookies vs Cam
Reje vs AnimeroDaniel
Hamhamhamham vs cielbakasan
monchooo vs Melle2402
Garay oak vs Sharow-san
LordST vs Alkione
DurzaOffTopic vs zugubu royale
Hugo Barrington vs Holy Ghost
Havens vs byronthewellwell
Thiago Nunes vs dewtios
jcbc vs Royal1604
lagrossemerd vs Drud
Monsareeasy vs Terracotta
l'habitat vs EricSaysHi
Ismakhil vs Hydreigon Specs
Rhmsitb vs StepC
Drakus04 vs Zesty43
Klosterneuburg vs Exiline
dubbleclick vs Wamr
evening vs Paycard
Translence vs Alpha Rabbit
Jase Duken vs TrueGodsLeftUs

Deadline: 9 November

https://www.smogon.com/bracketmaker/view/362/

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Since there seems to be a confusion regarding the lying part and everyone is coming up with their own interpretations, this should be specific enough

- Every player must declare what move they will be doing in that turn.
- You get 2 lies for the whole game.(three lies from top 12 and onward)
- Whoever is first in the matchup has to declare their lead during team preview first.
- Whoever is second in the matchup has to declare their move in turn 1 first.
- Players go on alternating until the game is over.

For example, say Sweep is playing Nayrz. The matchup is listed as "Nayrz vs Sweep". Nayrz must tell Sweep his lead first, then Sweep will tell Nayrz his lead. After both leads are sent out, Sweep will tell Nayrz which move he will make that turn (if he switches, he will say which Pokemon he is switching to), and Nayrz will follow suit. Turn two, Nayrz will tell Sweep what move he will make, followed by Sweep telling Nayrz, and so on.

Unrevealed formes, like Arceus, have to be referred to specifically by their forme for the first time.
Z-Moves have to be referred to specifically or it counts as a lie.
Changing form, like Mega Evolving or Ultra Bursting, are not counted separately. So if Nayrz said "Ultra and SD" with his Dusk Mane, and if he does anything except Ultra and SD, it counts as a single lie.
- Ultra and SD: truth
- Ultra and not SD: 1 lie
- Not Ultra and SD: 1 lie
- Not Ultra and not SD(includes switching): 1 lie
The games that have already been done will stand, unless both the players want to play again for which no extension will be provided.

Last edited:

SparksBlade

Community Leader
i have a question, what do you do in the case of u turn. do you have to say what youre going to or is it just announcing u turn?
SparksBlade
You have to say what you're going to. Basically, you have to announce all the actions you're taking every turn, and if you don't do all of them, it counts as a single lie.

My opponent has been pretty vague with scheduling and it's also confirmed it's actually an alt, so I'm claiming my activity win.

That's not fair at all. SoulWind was very vague with responses, and I was the first to set up a time because I am very adamant about setting up the battle and getting it done because I am very serious about competitions. People really dislike when you claim they're vague in setting up battles btw, just so you know. I was not vague at all. My internet was out yesterday and I tried very hard to get on, but I was not able to. I know SoulWind is sometimes very avoidant when it comes to actually meeting for battles when it comes to certain players, so that should be known. I didn't want to mention that out of politeness, but he pressed me to say this by asserting that I was vague with scheduling, which is not a truth, as I was very specific and set the first time by contacting him first because I am very serious about scheduling. It's also against etiquette for him to claim an activity win a day early, as well as pressuring the activity win by claiming I was vague in scheduling by not being around until a day before the deadline, when I could've battled before. And he is just trying to be unjust in hiding this by claiming I was vague, since I was the first one to contact him to schedule, and not vague at all. I am very against vagueness when it comes to scheduling battles, because of people like him. So please urge him to battle with me today, because I'm available all day till 3, like I said I was other days, because my internet was down. I would really like to get it done, so that he doesn't have a john-win. I really dislike that sort of thing, when it comes to competitive.
And if he is not around today, it's a sign that he was avoiding me, so I would like to request the activity win.

-Stated in etiquette with true real respect for forum rules and kindness, Deschutes

Last edited:

Exiline

Banned deucer.
is a Past SCL Championis a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
That's not fair at all. SoulWind was very vague with responses, and I was the first to set up a time because I am very adamant about setting up the battle and getting it done because I am very serious about competitions. People really dislike when you claim they're vague in setting up battles btw, just so you know. I was not vague at all. My internet was out yesterday and I tried very hard to get on, but I was not able to. I know SoulWind is sometimes very avoidant when it comes to actually meeting for battles when it comes to certain players, so that should be known. I didn't want to mention that out of politeness, but he pressed me to say this by asserting that I was vague with scheduling, which is not a truth, as I was very specific and set the first time by contacting him first because I am very serious about scheduling. It's also against etiquette for him to claim an activity win a day early, as well as pressuring the activity win by claiming I was vague in scheduling by not being around until a day before the deadline, when I could've battled before. And he is just trying to be unjust in hiding this by claiming I was vague, since I was the first one to contact him to schedule, and not vague at all. I am very against vagueness when it comes to scheduling battles, because of people like him. So please urge him to battle with me today, because I'm available all day till 3, like I said I was other days, because my internet was down. I would really like to get it done, so that he doesn't have a john-win. I really dislike that sort of thing, when it comes to competitive.
And if he is not around today, it's a sign that he was avoiding me, so I would like to request the activity win.

-Stated in etiquette with true real respect for forum rules and kindness, Deschutes
that's some pretty vague explanations!

that's some pretty vague explanations!
Not at all, actually, as you can see by the detail in the post. And of what I said, I did not want to be too-detailed either, as you would've complained about, exiline, which I have seen before from you when browsing the forums. :(
Also,just posting to claim activity over SoulWind as well, since he hasn't shown in the morning times he said he would and THEN!, prematurely asked for an activity win, which seemed very rude by ettiquettal site standards. I would really like to play, but he is not showing up, and I told him exactly when I would be available. So please know this, holders of the tourney. Because I really want to play, and I am waiting on him right now. If I get kicked off of my computer early today, I won't be around again until tomorrow, so please know I am waiting patiently and keenly for the battle right now, as we speak! So please urge Soulwind to battle right now!
-Stated with etiquette and kindness and respect, Deschutes

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)