ubers team

Hi there,
I'm new to Smogon, and new to competitive battling. I have never really battled anyone before, so I decided to join Smogon for some help.
I'm having trouble uploading pictures, but anyway here is my first attempt at a team. Can you please suggest any changes?

Forretress
Relaxed
252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
Shed Shell
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Rapid Spin
Forretress is my entry hazard set up Pokemon. I have both Spikes and Stealth Rock as entry hazards to inflict more damage. I don't include Toxic Spikes, since my Blissey has Toxic. Earthquake is for Pokemon like Infernape, Magnezone, and Heatran.

Scizor
Adamant
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Choice Band
Technician
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn
-Superpower
-Pursuit
Scizor is here to destroy hidden power ice gengar and weavile. Bullet punch is a good priority move with STAB. U-turn is also a good STAB move which allows me to scout and bring in a counter. Superpower is for Heatran and Magnezone, while Pursuit allows me to defeat Lugia after some Tickles.

Salamence
Naive
4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Life Orb
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Outrage
-Earthquake
Salamence tries to get rid of annoying Pokemon like Groudon and Lugia before Rayquaza sweeps. Draco Meteor is used to put a dent in the opponents team. Fire Blast is used to destroy Steel types like Skarmory, Metagross, Scizor and Forretress. Outrage is his physical move, used to damage Blissey. Earthquake can handle Heatran, which resists all the other attacks.

Rayquaza
Jolly
32 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 216 Spe
Life Orb
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Stone Edge
-Overheat
Rayquaza is the sweeper here. Dragon Dance to give a boost in both Attack and Speed. Outrage is his main attack. I use Stone Edge over Earthquake since many Pokemon are immune to it. Overheat is to fry all the Steels that Salamence didn't kill.

Wobbuffett
Calm
252 HP/128 Def/128 Sp.Def
Leftovers
-Counter
-Mirror Coat
-Encore
-Tickle
Wobbuffet destroys most Choice Item users, except for Darkrai. Wobbufet has the standard Counter Mirror Coat. Encore is used to help Rayquaza get ready to sweep. Tickle is used to lower Lugia's defenses so that it can easily be dispatched by Scizor's Pursuit.

Blissey
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Leftovers
Natural Cure
-Heal Bell
-Wish
-Protect
-Toxic
Blissey heals the team. Heal Bell removes all status problems from my team. Wish is really important, since none of my other Pokemon can heal themselves. Protect is to defend against a possible Explosion, and receive the healing from Wish without harm. Toxic is used to slowly damage the opponent's Pokemon and goes good with Protect.

Eww! Semi-stall!!!

That said, you've done a good job building this team. Here are the changes I would make.

Forretress isn't really at the risk of getting trapped, especially as a lead, so I'd replace the Shed Shell with Leftovers. This will greatly increase Forry's longevity. If you find him getting melted by fire attacks frequently, you can try an Occa Berry, but my experience has been that my Rayquaza can Flamethrower down even a specially-defensive Occa-holding Forry in one hit...no Fire Blast needed.

I'd give Scizor a Life Orb and replace U-turn with Roost. In stall you don't need the extra power of the choice band, but Life Orb and Roost will actually increase Scizor's longevity while allowing the freedom to switch between moves.

I never cared for Salamence, but I have no experience using him or the infamous MenceQuaza combo, so I can't comment here.

I smell a Darkrai weakness. It can outrun your whole team and OHKO pretty much all of it (except Blissey and Forry) after only a single Nasty Plot. If it's a Substitute-using or Lum-carrying variety (or both!!!) you could be in for a world of hurt. For this reason, I recommend equipping your team with either Roar or Whirlwind.

Tell me what you think!

EDIT: You might do well by replacing Scizor entirely and putting in Skarmory. I spent my entire time in competitive battling trying to beat stall, not forming stall, so I have no idea what moveset to use. However, I do know that Skarm keeps Scizor's killer steel type, and also carries Whirlwind to toss out threats and spread the entry-hazard love.

Thanks eValentino,

what a coincidence. i was mauled by a substitute darkrai on shoddy battle today.

i will try skarmory on shoddy. Are there any pokemon good darkrai counters that would be suitable on a stall team?
also, is skarmory strong enough to defeat hidden power ice gengar or weavile?

i really appreciate your help
thanks again

For Rayquaza, try using Earthquake over Stone Edge since a miss can end your sweep and Earthquake has better coverage, in a way.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Overheat

Earthquake hits Dialga for a clean KO which is much better than Outrage in which you get stuck and might not get a KO without at least 2 DDs.

Scizor needs to be able to take hits in the Uber tier, so why not try to make it more bulky while still being able to hit reasonably hard?

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant nature
200 HP/56 Atk/252 Sp. Def
-U-turn
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-Superpower

Now you can take hits from the hard hitting special attackers, while still getting a good attack stat. Its not much of a difference, so its worth it.

Forretress is better off with Payback so it can take on Deoxys-a and Deoxys-s leads better.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Careful nature
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Sp. Def
-Payback
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin

Again, special bulk is more important in my opinion. Payback lets you hit Deoxys-a down to its sash as they taunt you, in which you can Rapid Spin away the rocks as they try to set it up before they die.

Good luck!

-ShinyAzelf

dear ShinyAzelf: yesterday, I got totally creamed on Shoddy. I didn't win once, cause of an annoying Dialga. so your ideas make sense, and I'll try them thanks!

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This is actually a good base for a starting team, first suggestion is to try out the overused Deoxys-s lead - a much better alternative than Forretress for such an offensive minded team like this. A simple max HP / max Spe ev spread with a jolly nature and the movesets SR/Spikes/Taunt/Extremespeed is your set. This maximizes on setting down hazards and letting your dangerous sweepers sweep!

A double dragon combo nice! though the inverse of their roles would probably work in your favour. Mence caps at 100 spe and can speed tie with scarf Palkia so it will be nice to possibly beat it once you have a boost. With Rayquaza after a dd, it gets outpaced by common stall scarfer Palkia. So yea, make Rayquaza the stall breaker, and make Salamence the DDer. Ray with DracoMeteor/FireBlast/E-speed/Outrage and Mence with DD/Outrage/Eq/FireBlast. I think you'll be fine with these tweaks.

As for other options, try Seismic toss over Heal bell on Blissey. This allows you to hit Dialga for hard damage dude instead of actually being a liability against it. I like the way you think though using Blissey as your defensive pivot, I just know it works for you. overall gl!

thanks for the suggestions
i can try them out on shoddy
i just have 2 questions
1. How do you get Deoxys-S to learn Spikes?
2. How do you Blissey to learn Seismic Toss? Is it an egg move?

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
sorry bro, don't know anything about breeding. i assumed this was for shoddy?

1. How do you get Deoxys-S to learn Spikes?
2. How do you Blissey to learn Seismic Toss? Is it an egg move?
1) to get Spikes Level up Deoxys-D in learns it in its level up moves, then Change it Forme in PL or HG/SS

2)Seismic Toss Blissey, you have to get from the move tutors in the 3rd gen i think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)