Project Ubers Teambuilding Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet, massive thanks! :D Looking forward to it!
Here is your team: https://pokepast.es/51ec6cf86eec6148
This team aims to take advantage of Mega Venusaur's passive nature with a semi-stall oriented build.
With the combination of Blissey, Mega Venusaur can shut down Kyogre, with power whip being a potential opt over grass knot for CM ogre. Blissey also provides valuable Cleric Support for the team, as with bulky teams, clerics are nigh mandatory. Ho-Oh is here to shut down mons like marshadow, xerneas, arc ground, etc. Ho-Oh is always a great pick when it comes to stall. Arceus-Dark is our rocker, and also serves as a check to yveltal. Giratina is our defogger alongside Ho-Oh, as it's one of the most reliable defoggers in the game. it also serves to be a nuisance to mons such as Ho-Oh. Our final mon is zygrade, which in tandem with the other mons serves to shut down groudon,marshadow, and other physical threats. The aim of this team is to status everything with your various mons, and then win with built up rocks damage or residual damage, as with standard stall teams. Have fun!

Here is your team: https://pokepast.es/51ec6cf86eec6148
This team aims to take advantage of Mega Venusaur's passive nature with a semi-stall oriented build.
With the combination of Blissey, Mega Venusaur can shut down Kyogre, with power whip being a potential opt over grass knot for CM ogre. Blissey also provides valuable Cleric Support for the team, as with bulky teams, clerics are nigh mandatory. Ho-Oh is here to shut down mons like marshadow, xerneas, arc ground, etc. Ho-Oh is always a great pick when it comes to stall. Arceus-Dark is our rocker, and also serves as a check to yveltal. Giratina is our defogger alongside Ho-Oh, as it's one of the most reliable defoggers in the game. it also serves to be a nuisance to mons such as Ho-Oh. Our final mon is zygrade, which in tandem with the other mons serves to shut down groudon,marshadow, and other physical threats. The aim of this team is to status everything with your various mons, and then win with built up rocks damage or residual damage, as with standard stall teams. Have fun!
First off I'd really like to thank you for putting in the time to make the team. I'll play around quite a bit with it to see how it peforms! really looking forward to it! thanks a lot for making this!

I would like a balance/semi-stall team around this set:

Giratina @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
I would like it to be mega gengar and gothitelle proof, and for it to deal with common meta threats and common leads (smeargle and deoxys) .

Last edited:
Yes please! If not, fairies could be a problem.
Sorry for a less than swift reply. After talking it over we’ve decided that the request is too restrictive for us to feasibly build around with four mons already specified. Limiting the request to two mons would make it much easier for us to make something viable. If still interested, feel free to edit your request.

Symphonic Sorcerer

Banned deucer.
Sorry for a less than swift reply. After talking it over we’ve decided that the request is too restrictive for us to feasibly build around with four mons already specified. Limiting the request to two mons would make it much easier for us to make something viable. If still interested, feel free to edit your request.
Sure thing, build something good around Band Ho-Oh and Band Yveltal.

64 Squares

Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push miracle whips
is a Tiering Contributor
Requesting a team around Mega Lopunny. Just a normal balance team that supports Lopunny and has reliable ways to win matches.
Requesting a HO/BO/Balance team built around Mega Loppuny, the standard smogon set or any other relevant set as per team requirements
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Healing Wish
Reason: Just realized M-punny is C- in VR and idt i ever tried using this mon in ubers.
Hey, here's a Mega Lopunny team for you guys!

https://pokepast.es/b66476b32ed100cc
Mega Lopunny’s main niche in the Ubers tier is its amazing speed stat and ability to hit ghost types with Scrappy, coupled with Fake Out and most importantly Healing Wish. To take advantage of the Healing Wish support, I added max-speed Eruption Primal Groudon and Rock Polish Necrozma-Dusk Mane. In the early game, these two mons provide defensive utility and Stealth Rock support, and in the late game can be healed up with Healing Wish to finish off a team. With Groudon opting for a more offensive spread I chose to add defensive Arceus Water to help check Kyogre and physical threats including opposing Primal Groudons. Stall Breaker Yveltal was then added to break through bulky teams as well as provide the team with a much-needed ghost resist and ground immunity. Yveltal’s and Arceus Water’s access to Toxic is especially nice when paired with Lopunny, as Lopunny can use Fake Out for an extra turn of toxic chip, helping wear down threats and revenge killing. Finally, I added Xerneas for speed control and Defog, as the team had no other user of it.

Also shoutout Rasegan, for inviting me to be one of the builders. Its been really fun so far.

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
requesting a bulky offense featuring Spikes and Deoxys-A. I'd like a team in which the spiker has defensive utility, but the team doesn't fall flat against stall. I'd like this combo because of how much more easily Deo-A can pick up KOs after a layer of spikes. A team that can maximize Deo-A's opportunities to come in and win the war against opposing hazard-oriented teams would be ideal.
Took a while but here you go: https://pokepast.es/8d212e677a23f8ea
We decided to pair Deoxys-A with Klefki, as Klefki can pivot into Choice Scarf Xerneas and Yveltal for Deoxys-A. I was also really keen on pairing it with Ditto, since Ditto lets you not have to worry about Dusk Mane setting up on you after using Psycho Boost, without compromising the offensive nature of the team by adding something like a Skarmory.

Physically defensive Yveltal checks Ghost-types like Marshadow and Choice Scarf Lunala, and can help against fatter builds thanks to Taunt. Arceus-Water gives us a blanket check to a lot of the metagame, including some dangerous threats like Arceus-Ground and mixed Primal Groudon. We don't need Judgment on it due to having Ditto and Yveltal for Dusk Mane, letting us run Refresh so it can absorb status from the likes of Ho-Oh. This makes it extremely difficult to force out, since nothing can hit it super effectively, status it, nor set up because of Ditto. Lastly, Primal Groudon is our Stealth Rock setter and helps us to put pressure on Steel-types like Ferrothorn and Magearna.

Deoxys-A originally had Dark Pulse, but after testing we decided to add Extreme Speed as the primary slash, seeing as the rest of the team does pretty well against Dusk Mane and there were several instances where it would have helped in order to pick off weakened Ekiller.
Thanks to plat (Lazy_bread27) for helping me test this.

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
In my search for a creative P-Don counter, I've made this Dialga set capable of OHKOing one.
Dialga @ Groundium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunder

Could this be incorporated into a BO or Offense of some sort?
As plat mentioned, this set is strictly outclassed by a Shuca Berry one, which does essentially the same thing (lures Primal Groudon) but does not take up a Z-Move slot and provides more defensive utility. We can't build around this but we do have a Shuca Berry Dialga build if you're interested in that: https://pokepast.es/af43a7c1088a579c

As plat mentioned, this set is strictly outclassed by a Shuca Berry one, which does essentially the same thing (lures Primal Groudon) but does not take up a Z-Move slot and provides more defensive utility. We can't build around this but we do have a Shuca Berry Dialga build if you're interested in that: https://pokepast.es/af43a7c1088a579c
We have since edited this to have defog mence to help against opposing ho

Mega Lopunny’s main niche in the Ubers tier is its amazing speed stat and ability to hit ghost types with Scrappy, coupled with Fake Out and most importantly Healing Wish. To take advantage of the Healing Wish support, I added max-speed Eruption Primal Groudon and Rock Polish Necrozma-Dusk Mane. In the early game, these two mons provide defensive utility and Stealth Rock support, and in the late game can be healed up with Healing Wish to finish off a team. With Groudon opting for a more offensive spread I chose to add defensive Arceus Water to help check Kyogre and physical threats including opposing Primal Groudons. Stall Breaker Yveltal was then added to break through bulky teams as well as provide the team with a much-needed ghost resist and ground immunity. Yveltal’s and Arceus Water’s access to Toxic is especially nice when paired with Lopunny, as Lopunny can use Fake Out for an extra turn of toxic chip, helping wear down threats and revenge killing. Finally, I added Xerneas for speed control and Defog, as the team had no other user of it.

Also shoutout Rasegan, for inviting me to be one of the builders. Its been really fun so far.
thanks man, heat team

It looks very promising! Can’t wait to try it out. Though I’d like to ask, this there a variant that can run Magearna in it?

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
It looks very promising! Can’t wait to try it out. Though I’d like to ask, this there a variant that can run Magearna in it?
pokeaim used this team by xZesty in his road to top 10 for ubers that might interest you.
I would like a balance/semi-stall team around this set:

Giratina @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
I would like it to be mega gengar and gothitelle proof, and for it to deal with common meta threats and common leads (smeargle and deoxys) .
Hi, we don't think we can make the set you've requested work unfortunately. One of Giratina's main jobs is to check Primal Groudon, and this set is walled by Primal Groudon, which would make it incredibly awkward to fit on a team.

We can build you stall teams around the standard Giratina set with Defog/Toxic/Rest/Will-O-Wisp, or something around Hex Mega Gengar if you'd like that instead.

pokeaim used this team by xZesty in his road to top 10 for ubers that might interest you.

Hi, we don't think we can make the set you've requested work unfortunately. One of Giratina's main jobs is to check Primal Groudon, and this set is walled by Primal Groudon, which would make it incredibly awkward to fit on a team.

We can build you stall teams around the standard Giratina set with Defog/Toxic/Rest/Will-O-Wisp, or something around Hex Mega Gengar if you'd like that instead.
A semi stall team around a standard giratina set would be great. But i would prefer chesto berry over leftovers unless there is a reliable cleric on the team. I also do not want the team to have problems with mega gengar and gothitelle. One more thing, I want a mega or z move user somewhere in the team to circumvent encore and trick users.

Last edited:
I would like a semi stall team around:

Giratina @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Rest
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp/Roar

If the team has no cleric, use chesto berry instead of leftovers. A dark type is invaluable on this team to beat prankster users.

Last edited:
I would like a semi stall team around:

Giratina @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Rest
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp/Roar

If the team has no cleric, use chesto berry instead of leftovers. A dark type is invaluable on this team to beat prankster users.
Link to this HEAT team that was the Venusaur workshop request. If you need an explanation for the teambuilding, feel free to look above. Also, Ferrothorn>Venusaur could be considered, as Mega Venusaur high key budget ferrothorn.

Requesting a team around SR Pdon and Ferro. Prefer a Balanced Spike Stack that doesn't auto lose to things like Luna and Xern.
Posting on behalf of Goat Heart
https://pokepast.es/4d13884cf53231b5
Teams Concept is setting up dual hazards and sweeping with Ultra or Arc ground later in the game . And as per request Yv is there to help with luna and Ditto is there to help for xern
And as for Ev's Arc speed creeps other bulky support Arcs who normally hit 330
Yveltal is faster then dusk but slower then don because we have arc ground for groudon anyways put the rest in def to help for marsh and ekiller more
Grounds evs ensure we are not 2hitko'd by ogre ice beam killed by support arcs judge and we take adamant groudons pblades well also be very offensive

Requesting a team around Zekrom + Mega Gengar

Zekrom can easily break common stall Pokemon such as Giratina, Ho-Oh and Lugia. The only thing holding it back in most cases is the support Arceus which can recover stall it indefinitely. Mega Gengar can eliminate Fairyceus / Pdon and other support arcs with Destiny Bond, clearing the way for it.
Zekrom @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 64 HP / 192 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hone Claws
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Substitute

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Destiny Bond
https://pokepast.es/6bbf6181f35aaea1
This team is simple, Zekrom Z to check Salamence and Ho-Oh, this set is standard and let me bring some supportceus at +2, evs let it live fairyceus judgment and groundceus judgment, while Gengar set let me trap and kill or take a kill with Destiny Bond, Groundceus here to sweep teams since Calm Mind set is a potential sweeper right now, and it takes advantage of Destiny Bond Gengar and Zekrom to stop Ho-Oh and Primal Kyogre from sweep, Yveltal works as revenge killer and Ekiller stop, Groudon like always set up SR, SD make the team have better match up agaisnt Stall teams and is a soft check to Xerneas, Magearna here works as Xerneas and Yveltal counter, providing the team more effectiveness and longevity
Credit:Jhonx

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
https://pokepast.es/6bbf6181f35aaea1
This team is simple, Zekrom Z to check Salamence and Ho-Oh, this set is standard and let me bring some supportceus at +2, evs let it live fairyceus judgment and groundceus judgment, while Gengar set let me trap and kill or take a kill with Destiny Bond, Groundceus here to sweep teams since Calm Mind set is a potential sweeper right now, and it takes advantage of Destiny Bond Gengar and Zekrom to stop Ho-Oh and Primal Kyogre from sweep, Yveltal works as revenge killer and Ekiller stop, Groudon like always set up SR, SD make the team have better match up agaisnt Stall teams and is a soft check to Xerneas, Magearna here works as Xerneas and Yveltal counter, providing the team more effectiveness and longevity
Credit:Jhonx
Thanks Jhonx~! :D

Can I get a psychic terrain team please based on this core:

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Tapu Lele @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt

I'm just checking whether a team is in progress around Lunala, Ho-oh and an Arceus form like in my most recent comment on this thread. Just I have another request but do not want to post if effort is already being put into an idea >.> Thank you.

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Stone Edge

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 168 Def / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Requesting a team built around Mega blaziken and GeoXern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)