Project Ubers Teambuilding Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Hi Symphonic Sorcerer

I'm not one of the main people to manage this thread or anything, just an everyday user. (I don't think I'd be able to commit the time consistently anyways)

Anyways here's my attempt at fulfilling your request, just because I felt like doing it:

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Thunder

Ho-Oh @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Toxic
- Defog

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 212 SpA / 144 SpD / 152 Spe
Mild Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Fire Blast

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 172 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Toxic
- Defog

Yveltal @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun

It may not be as 'heat' as you were thinking, but it's an offense team that's built to cover a wide variety of opposing offense.
I chose every move & set somewhat carefully to my ability.

For instance, SD Primal Groudon is to help against CM Primal Kyogre sets with other moves to handle regular checks not named Ho-Oh (which toxic on Arceus-Ground can help with)
Another example is Arceus-Ground's presence to help against Double Dance Primal Groudon, as well as other physical attackers, while providing defog for Ho-Oh.

You can find all of these sets on their respective Smogon pages, with explanations for each move choice.

But feel free to ask me questions and I'll try to answer them if I can.
And I'm not a super great builder so there may be some big flaws that I'm overlooking.

Have fun with it
Hi, we appreciate your generosity but please don't post teams in this thread. Only approved builders may post teams in this thread.

Hey all! We're no longer accepting any requests, as the new generation is just around the corner. We will have one final team dump before the SWSH, and I'd just like to say it's been a great experience working with my builders to help provide you all with good teams so you can learn and improve! We hope to see you all in the next iteration of Teambuilding Workshop!

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
May I please get suggested Offensive teammates for these 3 bulky sets? (Arceus-Dark, Xerneas, & Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) :

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Xerneas @ Leftovers
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Aromatherapy
- Defog

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

I'd like to prioritize the keeping of the Arceus-Dark set as a potential win-con, even though it might seem non-traditional.
I'm going for a Bulky Offense approach.
I definitely want an efficient stall-breaker/MixedBreaker to go along with this.
Lastly, I'd love if the team would have a good matchup against this opposing team below, since I had a really hard time against it with a previous build.
Thanks so much for any help, I'd really appreciate it!

Opposing team to have good matchup with:
Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Taunt
- Zen Headbutt
- Stone Edge

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 144 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunder
- Defog

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 144 HP / 196 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
Hi, here is your Calm Mind Arceus-Dark + Dusk Mane build: :arceus-dark::necrozma-dusk-mane::giratina-origin::ho-oh::groudon-primal::toxapex: Enjoy!
This is a balance team built around Calm Mind + Refresh Arceus-Dark. Specially defensive Dusk Mane has good synergy with Arceus-Dark, as it's able to counter the Fairy-types that threaten it such as Xerneas and Arceus-Fairy whilst Arceus-Dark can generally deal with Pokemon like Lunala and Yveltal for Dusk Mane. Since Arceus-Dark can't properly check Primal Groudon, Giratina-O was added as the Primal Groudon switch-in, resisting Ground and Fire and providing essential Defog support for the team. Since Arceus-Ground poses a pretty big threat to this core, Ho-Oh was added to deal with it as well as put pressure on Steel-types like Ferrothorn and Celesteela. 4 attacks Primal Groudon provides a check to Primal Kyogre and serves as a secondary Fire-type breaker alongside Ho-Oh, luring Mega Salamence / Zygarde with Hidden Power Ice and opposing Ho-Oh with Rock Tomb, which teammates can take advantage of. Toxapex is important for providing a pivot into Marshadow, which the rest of the team is weak to, and as a secondary pivot into Primal Kyogre if it comes in on Groudon. It also provides Toxic Spikes support, which is very helpful for our Fire-types, and wears down some of Arceus-Dark's revenge killers such as Marshadow and Choice Scarf Xerneas.

Moveset choices
  • We slashed Shadow Sneak on Giratina-O since the team lacks speed control. Speed control isn't as important on this team as for others, since Arceus-Dark is able to check a lot of the fast threats in the meta lika Ultra Necrozma and Mega Mewtwo Y, while Toxapex checks Marshadow. However, it can still be nice to have to pick off threats, or if Arceus-Dark is weakened. Despite having Toxic Spikes support, Thunder Wave can be helpful so Pokemon like Yveltal, Ho-Oh, and Ferrothorn can't come in on Giratina-O for free. Finally, Will-O-Wisp is an option for SD Arceus-Ground.
  • Dragon Pulse on Giratina is in order to break the Substitute of Ekiller / Zygarde-C / SD Arceus-Ground consistently.
  • Using Defog instead of Recover on Ho-Oh is a possibility, since it will let you remove hazards from Pokemon like Arceus-Fairy and Ferrothorn, although you will be very dependent on Regenerator to restore health so be careful to not get Ho-Oh low if you opt for that.

Threatlist
:marshadow: Marshadow is problematic for most of the team, since it outspeeds everything and can hit up to 4 team members super effectively. Bulk Up variants even have the possibility to break through Toxapex with the +1 Z-Move. You should get Toxic Spikes up to limit it.

:yveltal: The stallbreaker set can potentially break through most of the mons on this team, or sets with Taunt if Sticky Web is up. Note that since Ho-Oh is offensive, it will take a lot of damage from Foul Play.

:zygarde-complete: Since Arceus-Dark isn't running Ice Beam it's not really a great switch-in. The closest thing we have to a switch-in is Giratina, which can get hurt by Outrage or Dragon Tail. Try to lure it with Hidden Power Ice on Groudon.

:arceus: Ekiller and SD Arceus-Ground are also annoying for most of the team; try to keep Giratina healthy for these, and get Toxic Spikes up. Groudon can prevent Arceus-Ground from setting up on it with Rock Tomb + Overheat.
Credit to Rasengan777 and me

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Can I get a hyper offense team with mega lucario
Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
Here's your team, enjoy: :smeargle::necrozma-dawn-wings::groudon-primal::arceus-ground::lucario-mega::yveltal:
The only kind of hyper offensive team Mega Lucario really fits on is Sticky Web, so we built around that. Smeargle is the webs setter and is running Glare to cripple Arceus-Ground. Our Stealth Rock setter is Ultra Necrozma with Dawn Wings as its base forme, allowing it to spinblock against Excadrill. It's running Power Gem to snipe Pokemon like Ho-Oh and Choice Scarf Yveltal on the switch, which can be problematic for a webs team like this. Primal Groudon is running a Rock Polish set, which might seem redundant on a Sticky Web team, but it provides a backup means of speed control against threats like Choice Scarf Yveltal or if the opponent manages to remove Sticky Web. If the opponent's checks or revenge killers to Groudon are grounded, like Arceus-Ground or Marshadow, then you can just forego using it and use Swords Dance only. Arceus-Ground benefits from Sticky Web, since it prevents Marshadow from revenge killing it, and it's able to pressure Defoggers like Mega Salamence and Giratina-O nicely. Mega Lucario's role on the team is that of a wallbreaker; it's running an Adamant nature for the extra power, eg. giving it a 50/50 chance to kill Zygarde at +2. Although you had Earthquake in your original request, it was changed to Bullet Punch because having priority is more useful for revenge killing Geomancy Xerneas, or hitting faster threats like Mega Gengar if the opponent manages to Defog. Lastly, offensive Yveltal is a staple on webs teams, providing useful defensive utility as a Ground immunity and pivot into things like Ultra Necrozma and Lunala that annoy Lucario, and it can use Taunt to prevent Defog and break support Arceus.
Credit to me, with help from The Dovahneer and plat

Here's your team, enjoy: :smeargle::necrozma-dawn-wings::groudon-primal::arceus-ground::lucario-mega::yveltal:
The only kind of hyper offensive team Mega Lucario really fits on is Sticky Web, so we built around that. Smeargle is the webs setter and is running Glare to cripple Arceus-Ground. Our Stealth Rock setter is Ultra Necrozma with Dawn Wings as its base forme, allowing it to spinblock against Excadrill. It's running Power Gem to snipe Pokemon like Ho-Oh and Choice Scarf Yveltal on the switch, which can be problematic for a webs team like this. Primal Groudon is running a Rock Polish set, which might seem redundant on a Sticky Web team, but it provides a backup means of speed control against threats like Choice Scarf Yveltal or if the opponent manages to remove Sticky Web. If the opponent's checks or revenge killers to Groudon are grounded, like Arceus-Ground or Marshadow, then you can just forego using it and use Swords Dance only. Arceus-Ground benefits from Sticky Web, since it prevents Marshadow from revenge killing it, and it's able to pressure Defoggers like Mega Salamence and Giratina-O nicely. Mega Lucario's role on the team is that of a wallbreaker; it's running an Adamant nature for the extra power, eg. giving it a 50/50 chance to kill Zygarde at +2. Although you had Earthquake in your original request, it was changed to Bullet Punch because having priority is more useful for revenge killing Geomancy Xerneas, or hitting faster threats like Mega Gengar if the opponent manages to Defog. Lastly, offensive Yveltal is a staple on webs teams, providing useful defensive utility as a Ground immunity and pivot into things like Ultra Necrozma and Lunala that annoy Lucario, and it can use Taunt to prevent Defog and break support Arceus.
Credit to me, with help from The Dovahneer and plat
Thanks! I'll make sure to keep an eye on flying types.

Here's your team, enjoy: :xerneas::gengar-mega::zygarde-complete::ho-oh::groudon-primal::arceus-dark:
Your request was a bit tricky to build around, since defensive Xerneas isn't really seen on most teams. However, I did happen to have a team built around Z-Geomancy Xerneas lying around that was very close to what you wanted. So I repurposed it a bit (and also stole some changes from a very similar AG team); here's the result.

Xerneas' role on the team is to provide cleric support and revenge kill Dragon-types like Zygarde-C, Mega Salamence, and Rayquaza. Mega Gengar improves the matchup against fatter teams by being able to trap Pokemon like Necrozma-DM and Ultra Necrozma that take advantage of Xerneas. Zygarde-C provides an essential check to Fire-types such as Primal Groudon and Ho-Oh for these two, and in general has great synergy with Mega Gengar since it can bait in Fairy-types and use Glare to boost its Hex. Ho-Oh was chosen next as a check to Arceus-Ground, which can greatly annoy Mega Gengar + Zygarde-C teams, as well a further means of taking advantage of passive Steel-types like Magearna that Xerneas tends to bait in. Roar Primal Groudon provides a Geomancy Xerneas check, Primal Kyogre switch-in, and Stealth Rock setter all in one slot. Finally, Arceus-Dark provides Defog support for Ho-Oh, and an essential check to Lunala and Psychic-types such as Ultra Necrozma and Mega Mewtwo Y.

Threatlist:
:kyogre-primal: The team doesn't have a Water resist outside of Primal Groudon, which lacks Speed investment, so try to avoid situations where it is in against Groudon. Mega Gengar is running Thunder so that it can kill with some prior chip, and Ho-Oh is running max Speed in order to hit it first with Brave Bird.

:ho-oh: Although Zygarde can wall it it's very difficult to actually kill, which is another reason we're running Thunder on Mega Gengar.

:magearna::chansey::arceus: The team pretty much lacks a wincon and relies on status spam to wear down the opponent, so clerics that can't be trapped by Mega Gengar and CM + Refresh Arceus are problematic. Chansey alone walls 5/6 of the team members.
Thanks so much! :)

Any updates on my team? :)
https://pokepast.es/0b67b183a016eb22
:Yveltal::Gengar-Mega::Groudon-Primal::Arceus-Ground::Kyogre-Primal::Necrozma-Dusk-Mane:
Yveltal Is just there to spam attacks. Toxic and U-turn give it ways to midground around arceus fairy or ho-oh. Kyogre can soft check fairyceus, and Gengar is a deadset check to it. Groudon gives us rocks, and Arceus-ground is our fogger and all around support mon. Dusk Mane is our secondary win-con, and can setup trick room and ram throught eams.

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Stone Edge

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 168 Def / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Requesting a team built around Mega blaziken and GeoXern
https://pokepast.es/904adedad922ba53
:Arceus-Water::Blaziken-Mega::Xerneas::Yveltal::Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::Groudon-Primal:
As per request, Mega Blaziken and Xerneas form your hyper offense core break team. Yveltal is there to check the likes of Ultra Necrozma and Marshadow, as well as being an all around good speed control pokemon. Arceus-Water gives os support, and a Mega-Mence Check. Groudon is another breaker, and it's mixed set is potent if played right. Necormza-Dusk-Mane is also there for support, and gives us rocks and a way of soft-checking support arcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)