Ubers Ubers Winter Seasonal - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hype! Deadline is January 27th if you're too lazy to scroll down.

SPECIFIC RULES (ripped off from Arcticblast)
  • This is a standard ORAS Ubers tournament
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss. (If you were in losers' when you played, you are both out. If you were in winners', the winner is in losers' and the loser is out.) There may be some exceptions to this rule.
  • Every round, I will choose several games as the Highlight Matches. We don't have streaming yet, but this is something I am going to look into for future rounds when things get competitive.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • Moody Clause
  • Sleep Clause
General Tournament Rules:

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Winner's Bracket:

Arkian vs Endal
Lord Outrage vs Gunner Rohan
Tomahawk vs PROBLEMS
Peli vs Rayzark
Rumor vs Stallion
byronthewellwell
vs parivard
Gastrik vs arnyyr
Asmodean
vs Krauersaut
Tricking vs Weebl
DeeJ vs John76
Melle2402 vs EienSeiryuu
Lankey Mankey vs Robert.
IvoPost vs Mia Risi
Crestfall vs darrell1297
miltankmilk
vs Eternal Spirit
Arii~ vs benbe
Barian vs Cranham
Megazard vs Serga
jeran
vs Demerging
LJDarkrai vs Mysterious M
0kay vs old news
The Trap God
vs Lord Qwilfish
Confide. vs Mr.378
retrowaves vs Kebabe
Drake'sProdigy vs TheKFC
potato14798 vs DracoMaster Pain
TSR vs Holiano
Isa
vs obii
Scotti vs Vileman
absdaddy vs Level 56
Chill Shadow
vs Haund
HSA ♥ vs Teddeh
Haruno
vs Alice Kazumi
Specterito vs RedMaxx
soviet vs Steve Angello
James Jimmy
vs SharpManAreEpic
Omastar vs shartruce
Pohjis
vs HurricanX*
Lacus Clyne vs TGMD
karla Schnikov vs Dark G
Jhonx~ vs DontStealMyPenguin
White Lion18
vs jiggle
Hammyosman vs Dr Ciel
Arifeen vs PURPLEDOOSH
WreckDra vs Blim
PoMMan* vs Carloos
HJAD
vs GoldenAltaria

King UU gets a bye

Loser's Bracket:

Karppi vs slurmz
Hack* vs Austin
samqian2
vs Cronenberg
TraceofLife vs Ahabb
ZoroarkForever vs March Fires
hyw vs Mark Twineedle
Khaytra vs BlackJak
Derivatives vs Evil
Dilwar
vs Dominatio
Joshz vs Cuzzie123
Azelea vs TCMPG
~GreenCore vs .CarloO~
Mishimono
vs shrop05
p2 vs Bizeps Brennt
BLINGAS vs SaiyanMaster95
Safes
vs Drayden8437
Kame2333 vs Bro Kappa
Viktria vs Master Sunny-EX
Serpi386
vs Exiline
Shinx The Jinx vs KJ Corp
Based Godfish vs Meloettaaa
Steinbeck* vs malefic
Bastard's Elite vs shrang
Brian12345
vs ClaimingRobin
SocialSocialSocial vs A wild waifu
Shaneghoul vs Hyogafodex
Not Troller
vs Bouffalant*
av Kakuna vs Starmei
Idiotesque vs Real FV13
DracoMaster Dab vs Hingo
Rare Poison vs Lady Gaga
HaxED
vs Hassin627
CrazyClown94 vs Bushtush
ssneak vs confluxx
Organo84 vs Mega-Swampert
KSBK vs ShadowQuinn
NightFox vs Foggi
Dundies
vs Black Hero
Freeroamer vs orch
awesome86 vs Syncrasy
shadestep vs Duncajuwon
Hyjack vs Raseri
silver97 vs Rodriblutar
Aurora vs Welli0u
didi
vs cryalot
-Snow vs Laroxyl
Huston vs D4RR3N
Lmao Its BT gets a bye!

Highlight matches:

Tomahawk vs Problems
absdaddy vs Level 56
soviet vs Steve Angello

Scheduling Rules:

USE VM WALLS! If you really don't want to schedule via a VM conversation, then post in this thread to let me know that you are in contact with your opponent some other way. If you use VM walls, you do not need to post in this thread to let me know. Unless you have clearly scheduled for a date shortly after the deadline (and cannot make a date before the deadline) you will be given an activity call instead of an extension. I'm not making the calls, so I can't promise what will or won't make you safe, but I know that activities which will up your chances are posting specific times on your opponent's wall, responding to their VMs promptly, and posting any IRC logs of you scheduling in this thread.

Deadline is Wednesday, January 27th at 11:59 EST. NO EXTENSIONS FOR THIS ROUND. AT ALL. If you got a bye or an opponent that quite seasonals already, grats!

Attachments

Last edited:

absdaddy

Banned deucer.
I know how much Sweep likes to know that I'm in contact with my opp so here it is, contacted.

Tomahawk vs Problems
absdaddy vs Level 56 - hf
soviet vs Steve Angello
WreckDra vs Blim
ZoroarkForever vs March Fires - it's not possible to predict the outcome of this one
Arii~ vs benbe
Lord Outrage vs Gunner Rohan - equally bad and salty players but I think Archer wins

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)