Multi Gen UGTT (Ubers Generations Team Tournament) - Won by Yammvad!

Approved by Hack and Fireburn
Artwork by Juicy Fruit
Hello and welcome to Ubers Generations Team Tournament (or UGTT for short)! With the Ubers Seasonal circuit coming to a close recently (congratulations Astounded btw!) and Ubers Open nearing the final stages too it's time for a new Ubers tournament to start.

This tournament will be a simple 3-person team tournament with each team having one ORAS Ubers, one BW2 Ubers and one DPP Ubers slot, which effectively turns each round into a best-of-three match-up, but with three different players each playing one game per round. You can sign up as a team with two of your friends, but signing up as a free agent is also possible. I'll be keeping an updated list of the free agents that sign up below so feel free to contact each other about forming a team together.

Important! Note that I won't be making any teams myself out of the list of free agents, I expect you to do that among yourselves.

Tournament Rules
- General tournament rules and regulations can be found here
- Smogon-wide clauses and Baton Pass clause apply
- The format will be 'best of three', with each of the three players playing one game
- Single elimination; no winners or losers bracket
- ORAS, BW2 and DPP cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties
- Please save your replays!
Saving the replays of your tournament games isn't required, but highly recommended. If your opponent is claiming you didn't beat them for the tournament or that the game never even happened, there isn't much I do about it without any evidence. Protect yourself and save the replay of your games! Also, it'll be fun to watch some high level BW2 and DPP Ubers games since those aren't played too often anymore!

Timer Clause
As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections
If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

Aside from the rules above that I expect all of you to read, there's also some tournament specific rulings I want to touch on.
I have no issues with players switching between metagames throughout the tournament. For example, if Palkiapower29 plays ORAS Ubers in round 1 and his team advances to the second round then it's perfectly fine for Palkiapower29 to play DPP Ubers in round 2. However, this means Palkiapower29's team mate Lord Dragon Breath, who in this example played DPP Ubers in round 1, can't play DPP Ubers round 2 as well, since Palkiapower29 already does. Each player on each team has to play one of the three metagames. One of the players playing two of the metagames in one round is not allowed. One of the metagames being played by two of the players in one round is also not allowed. If any of those things do end up happening your team will be disqualified immediately.

The results!
zwei patricks und ein auslender vs. The Freelancers
ORAS: Leru vs. DontStealMyPenguin
BW2: LSB vs. xDesch
DPP: Mael vs. Sheetanshu

Nameless vs. Bangmen
ORAS: Mysterious M vs. 3 pokes
BW2: Blim vs. Xboy
DPP: Omfuga vs. Mir Sayad

bicken back bein bool vs. Team Zimruk
ORAS: Marcop9923 vs. Raihan
BW2: Career Ended vs. S.J.SAKIB
DPP: Finchinator vs. youngee

Falcon Mafia vs. teamQuaza
ORAS: Oshawott Fan vs. HugoBarrington77
BW2: EternalSnowman vs. rileydelete
DPP: parivard vs. Chrismi

Ghosting Squad Returns vs. The 3 Musketeers
ORAS: Foggi vs. xCaptainHero
BW2: p2 vs. I'm Cringe
DPP: Crestfall vs. ZipZ AleF

Can't Spell French Without Fren vs. daenys the chicken
ORAS: Krauersaut vs. Catniss Everdeen
BW2: Manaphy vs. low cunning
DPP: BKC vs. byronthewellwell

FlowerPower vs. we are too uncreative to find a good name
ORAS: Carloos vs. Melle2402
BW2: 4gb vs. shrang
DPP: Hyogafodex vs. Sapientia

The Dream Team vs. fat orch will quash all competition
ORAS: Lacus Clyne vs. orch
BW2: Level 56 vs. Kebabe
DPP: Mr.378 vs. Hack

Team ASOS vs. Kyogre still OP
ORAS: Balanced Freakmons vs. Zokuru
BW2: megaqwer:D vs. Beurredecahuete
DPP: sodass vs. Tom0410

Lugias in California vs. Team Friendship
ORAS: Californium vs. Lady Gaga
BW2: Aquasition vs. Haruno
DPP: Arii Stella vs. absdaddy

Lol team names are hard vs. npl saught
ORAS: Mr. Miner vs. Reje
BW2: ed wins vs. Shocki
DPP: obii vs. Zaionar

fireburn is whack vs. idk
ORAS: PROBLEMS vs. Empo
BW2: Edgar vs. Drangonn.
DPP: rozes vs. HQuaze

Zimbabwe Zekroms vs. fourmis.
ORAS: Calais vs. Gastrik
BW2: Steve Angello vs. hyw
DPP: Alex Walls vs. benbe

Yammvad vs. The Timeless Spiders
ORAS: Gunner Rohan vs. Luigi
BW2: ZoroarkForever vs. Jimmy Turtwig
DPP: ShadowQuinn vs. We Three Kings

hax is our waifu vs. Straw Hats
ORAS: Dominatio vs. Velvet Blood
BW2: 0kay vs. Britania
DPP: Pohjis vs. Ed

stag klan vs. Dean Martin Brothers
ORAS: darrell1297 vs. Jhonx~
BW2: magsyy vs. Contact
DPP: The Trap God vs. WreckDra

bicken back bein bool vs. The Freelancers
ORAS: Marcop9923 vs. DontStealMyPenguin
BW2: Career Ended vs. xDesch
DPP: Finchinator vs. Sheetanshu

Nameless vs. hax is our waifu
ORAS: Mysterious M vs. Dominatio
BW2: Blim vs. 0kay
DPP: Omfuga vs. Pohjis

Falcon Mafia vs. Ghosting Squad Returns
ORAS: Oshawott Fan vs. Foggi
BW2: EternalSnowman vs. p2
DPP: parivard vs. Crestfall

stag klan vs. Konzern Returns
ORAS: darrell1297 vs. Catniss Everdeen
BW2: magsyy vs. low cunning
DPP: The Trap God vs. byronthewellwell

Yammvad vs. we are too uncreative to find a good name
ORAS: Gunner Rohan vs. Melle2402
BW2: ZoroarkForever vs. shrang
DPP: ShadowQuinn vs. Sapientia

The Dream Team vs. Lugias in California
ORAS: Lacus Clyne vs. Californium
BW2: Level 56 vs. Aquasition
DPP: Mr.378 vs. Arii Stella

fireburn is whack vs. Kyogre still OP
ORAS: PROBLEMS vs. Zokuru
BW2: Edgar vs. Beurredecahuete
DPP: rozes vs. Tom0410

fourmis. vs. npl saught
ORAS: Gastrik vs. Reje
BW2: hyw vs. Shocki
DPP: benbe vs. Zaionar

bicken back bein bool vs. Nameless
ORAS: Marcop9923 vs. Mysterious M
BW2: Career Ended vs. Blim
DPP: Finchinator vs. Omfuga

Falcon Mafia vs. fourmis.
ORAS: Oshawott Fan vs. Gastrik
BW2: EternalSnowman vs. hyw
DPP: parivard vs.
benbe

stag klan vs. The Dream Team
ORAS: darrell1297 vs. Lacus Clyne
BW2: magsyy vs. Level 56
DPP: The Trap God vs. Mr.378

Yammvad vs. fireburn is whack
ORAS: Gunner Rohan vs. PROBLEMS
BW2: ZoroarkForever vs. Edgar
DPP: ShadowQuinn vs. rozes

Yammvad vs. Nameless
ORAS: Gunner Rohan vs. Mysterious M
BW2: ZoroarkForever vs. Blim
DPP: ShadowQuinn vs. Omfuga

stag klan vs. fourmis.
ORAS: darrell1297 vs. Gastrik
BW2: magsyy vs. hyw
DPP: The Trap God vs. benbe

Yammvad vs. fourmis
ORAS: Gunner Rohan vs. Gastrik
BW2: ZoroarkForever vs. hyw
DPP: ShadowQuinn vs. benbe

Congratulations to Gunner Rohan, ZoroarkForever and ShadowQuinn for winning UGTT! :D

Last edited:

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
[13:42:13] +Krauersaut: team name suggestion?
[13:42:40] %BKC: my own original joke

Team Name *sigh*: Can't Spell French Without Fren
Player 1:
Manaphy-- smog
Player 2: BKC
Player 3: Krauersaut

Approved by Hack and Fireburn
Artwork by Juicy Fruit
Hello and welcome to Ubers Generations Team Tournament (or UGTT for short)! With the Ubers Seasonal circuit coming to a close recently (congratulations Astounded btw!) and Ubers Open nearing the final stages too it's time for a new Ubers tournament to start.

This tournament will be a simple 3-person team tournament with each team having one ORAS Ubers, one BW2 Ubers and one DPP Ubers slot, which effectively turns each round into a best-of-three match-up, but with three different players each playing one game per round. You can sign up as a team with two of your friends, but signing up as a free agent is also possible. I'll be keeping an updated list of the free agents that sign up below so feel free to contact each other about forming a team together.

Important! Note that I won't be making any teams myself out of the list of free agents, I expect you to do that among yourselves.

Tournament Rules

- General tournament rules and regulations can be found here
- Smogon-wide clauses and Baton Pass clause apply
- The format will be 'best of three', with each of the three players playing one game
- Single elimination; no winners or losers bracket
- ORAS, BW2 and DPP cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties
- Please save your replays!
Saving the replays of your tournament games isn't required, but highly recommended. If your opponent is claiming you didn't beat them for the tournament or that the game never even happened, there isn't much I do about it without any evidence. Protect yourself and save the replay of your games! Also, it'll be fun to watch some high level BW2 and DPP Ubers games since those aren't played too often anymore!

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

Aside from the rules above that I expect all of you to read, there's also some tournament specific rulings I want to touch on.
I have no issues with players switching between metagames throughout the tournament. For example, if Palkiapower29 plays ORAS Ubers in round 1 and his team advances to the second round then it's perfectly fine for Palkiapower29 to play DPP Ubers in round 2. However, this means Palkiapower29's team mate Lord Dragon Breath, who in this example played DPP Ubers in round 1, can't play DPP Ubers round 2 as well, since Palkiapower29 already does. Each player on each team has to play one of the three metagames. One of the players playing two of the metagames in one round is not allowed. One of the metagames being played by two of the players in one round is also not allowed. If any of those things do end up happening your team will be disqualified immediately.

First of all, signing up for this tournament can be done easily by copying the format right below. After one of the players has signed up the team of three I'm still going to need the other two players to confirm they're also on the team. You can do so by posting something along the lines of "confirming", but liking your team mate's sign up post will suffice as well. For those of you looking to sign up as a free agent, all you have to do is post below that you're signing up as a free agent and I'll add you to do list below.

This is an easy to use format you can copy to sign up for this tournament:

Then without further ado, go right ahead and sign up! Updated lists with both confirmed teams and available free agents can be found right below. Have fun!
1. Nameless (Mysterious M, Blim, Omfuga)
2. fat orch will quash all competition (orch, Hack, Kebabe)

1. p2
2. Aquasition
3. WreckDra
4. Oshawott Fan
5. Ed
6.free agents

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)