Ullar vs Eternal Drifter 1vs1 on the same place as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Color me interested.
UllarWarlord said:

<Venusaur> [Floros] (Male)
Nature: Rash (+Sp.Attack, -Sp. Def.)
Type: Grass/Poison
Grass: Grass STAB; immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Abilities:

Overgrow (Type: Innate)
When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any grass attack is increased by two (2). (eg Giga Drain goes from 8 to 10, Solarbeam from 12 to 14)

Chlorophyll (Type: Innate) [DW, Unlocked]
During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 5 (+)
SpD: Rank 3 (-)
Spe: 80
Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 20

EC: 9/9
MC: 0
DC: 5/5

Attacks:
Tackle
Growl
Leech Seed
Vine Whip
Poisonpowder
Sleep Powder
Take Down
Razor Leaf
Sweet Scent
Growth
Synthesis
Worry Seed
Seed Bomb

Curse
Giga Drain
Safeguard
Charm
Ingrain

Sludge Bomb
Grass Knot
Flash
Solarbeam
Sunny Day
Venoshock
Toxic
Protect

Grass Pledge
Mimic
Frenzy Plant
Outrage

Eternal Drifter said:
Thank you for this. I'm using Itsumo because my other Poke'mon are going to have major updates soon (evolving, or unlocking their dream world abilities).

Itsumo the Spiritomb

Itsumo (Spiritomb) (Male)
Relaxed Nature
Type: Ghost/Dark
Dark STAB; immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Abilities:
Pressure: Type: Innate
This Pokemon’s presence fills the air with intense anxiety, and any damaging or status attack launched at this Pokemon costs the opposing Pokemon two (2) more energy to perform.
(Dream World: LOCKED) Infiltrator: Type: Innate
Through a combination of speed and cunning, this Pokemon easily circumvents the effects of Light Screen, Mist, Reflect, and Safeguard with all of its attacks.

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 5 (+)
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 30 (-) (29.75 Unrounded) (-10% Evasion)
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 5
Base Rank Total: 18

MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks: (18 Moves Known)
Curse
Pursuit
Confuse Ray
Spite
Shadow Sneak
Faint Attack
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Ominous Wind

Destiny Bond
Pain Split
Smokescreen

Toxic
Protect
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Thief
Will-O-Wisp
Order of Operations
Ullar sends out Venusaur
Eternal Warrior sends out Spiritomb, specifies training item and gives orders
Ullar specifies training item and gives orders
I Ref

Since Venusaur is the only Poke'mon my opponent brought to the match, it should be automatically sent out. I have no need to hold an item... mainly because I don't have any training items... but I have ways...

Let's take a gamble, shall we?

Nothing shall remain...

Itsumo:
Action 1: Curse
Action 2: Will-O-Wisp
Action 3: Thief (Borrowing whatever training item is equiped)

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Yk, Thief won't get you whatever reward the training items give you...the reward stays with me...but whatevs.

Worry Seed > Safeguard > Sunny Day

Oh, and equipping an Amulet Coin.

Frosty

=_=

Hp: 100
En: 100
3/3/5/3/80
Other:

Hp: 90
En: 100
3/5/3/4/30
Other:​

Allright, folks, let's start this quick match. Ullar sends out Floros the Venusar and Eternal Drifter sends out Itsumo The World Destroaaaaarrrr the Spiritomb. So without further ado, let's jump to the action.

Floros begins the match by nulling Spiritomb's ability with a strange seed that makes Itsumo so worried that it can't sleep and stops bothering with pressure shenanigans. Itsumo counters with the Curse of ancients and gives up 50% of his...erm..."life" to put Venusaur in tough position.

Floros still ignores the TERRIBLE CURSE put upon him and continues to set up with Safeguard, effectively nullifying Itsumo's Will-o-Wisp.

Finally, the last move: Floros brings out the sun with Sunny Day. Probably to ofuscate Itsumo's intense uglyness. The spiritomb responds by being a thief and stealing Floros's Amulet Coin, getting a Critical Hit in the process.

Venusaur: Worry Seed for 7 energy
Spiritomb's ability is Insomnia for 6 actions!
-5hp due to curse

Spiritomb: Curse: -45hp for 26 energy
Venusaur is...erm..."cursed"!

Venusaur: Safeguard for 10 energy for 4 rounds
-5hp due to "curse"

Spiritomb: Will-o-Wisp: fails for 7 energy

Venusaur: Sunny Day for 10 energy
-5hp due to "curse"

Spiritomb: Thief: 4 + 3 + 3 = 10 damage for 3 energy
Crit: 1 (yes)
Steals Amulet Coin!
NOTE: DAT says: "The Pokemon's owner gains one (1) additional Currency Counter for each battle the Pokemon participates in.". It doesn't specify that it only works when sent out and doesn't have anything regarding switches or thief. So, AFAIK, both players will get the additional CC. BUT in the end whoever approves of your claim that will decide, so what I think is a moot point

Sunny Day for 3a

Hp: 75
En: 73
3/3/5/3/80
Other: Safeguard for 3a, also curse

Hp: 45
En: 54
3/5/3/4/30
Other: worried for 3a​

Ullar's Turn

By my calculations, Floros should have taken 15 damage from the Curse, and 10 damage from the Thief attack. Anyway...

...Oh sod.

Itsumo:
Action 1: Pain Split
Action 2: Chill
Action 3: Pain Split

Frosty

=_=
fixed the hp. Also:

Hp: 75
En: 73
3/3/5/3/80
Other: Safeguard for 3a, also curse

Hp: 45
En: 54
3/5/3/4/30
Other: worried for 3a​

Despite the..."questionable" strategy used last turn (seriously, I haven't seen a single case of curse being a good idea...but I guess there is a first time for everything) Itsumo is in a better shape than you would expect in this match and Floros isn't particularly happy with his curse. The battle may be closer than the hp is indicating.

Anyway, to begin this round, Floros bathes Spiritomb in solar light with Solarbeam, probably to get rid of the evil spirits and what-not. But Itsumo comes up and shares his pain with his opponent that then is afflicted with curse.

"Offense is the best deffense", Floros may be thinking, as it attacks again with Solarbeam as Itsumo just chills and tries to get a tan. Which would work if it weren't for the fact that it is...you know...an evil ghost.

On the final turn the Venusar tries Solarbeam for the third time and puts Itsumo in a dangerous spot....that is until it shared its pain again, which, coupled with the curse, put Floros in a tough spot.

Unfortunately for Eternal Drifter that was his last recovery, so he can't use pain split anymore! Despite, once again, the hp difference, Eternal Drifter will need a good strategy to get that precious victory.

Venusaur: Solarbeam: 12 + 3 + 1.5 = 16.5 damage for 7 energy
Crit:
-23.25 hp due to pain split
-5 hp due to curse at the end of the turn

Spiritomb: Pain Split: (75 - (45-16.5))/2= 23.25 hp lost/gained for 6 + (75 - (45-16.5))/3 -1 = 20.5 energy
+23.25hp

Venusaur: Solarbeam: 12 + 3 + 1.5 = 16.5 damage for 11 energy
Crit:
-5hp due to curse at the end of the turn

Spiritomb: chill (+12 en)

Venusaur: Solarbeam: 12 + 3 + 1.5 = 16.5 damage for 15 energy
Crit:
-11.5hp due to pain split
-5hp due to curse

Spiritomb: Pain Split: ((75-23.25-10) - (45-16.5+23.25-16.5-16.5))/2 = 11.5 hp lost/gained for 6 + 22/3 -1 = 12.3 energy

Hp: 25
En: 40
3/3/5/3/80
Other: curse

Hp: 30
En: 33
3/5/3/4/30
Other: can't use recovery anymore​

Eternal Drifter's Turn!

Frosty, I think you still forgot the damage from Thief action 1 (10 damage, reducing Floros to 65 at the begining of this round).

UllarWarlord, you are proving a worthy opponent for me. Let us see how this goes over...

Your destruction is at hand!

Itsumo:
Action 1: Ominous Wind
Action 2: Fainting Sneak (Shadow Sneak+Faint Attack)
Action 3: Cooldown (Fainting Sneak)

IF Flora uses a damaging combo action 1, use Destiny Bond and push actions back.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Synthesis > Solarbeam > Solarbeam

Andit's FlorOS. Punish him for his inaccuracy.

Frosty

=_=
100 - 10 (thief) - 15 (curse) = 75. I can't see the mistake you are pointing out.

Also:

Hp: 25
En: 40
3/3/5/3/80

Hp: 30
En: 33
3/5/3/4/30
Other: can't use recovery anymore​

Floros starts this last round by recovering some energy with the good and old photosynthesis. Itsumo, now pówerless against the renewed Venusaur tries to get lucky with Ominous Wind, but it onnly managed to deal mediocre damage to his opponent.

Next it tries a combo, Fainting Sneak. But it isn't enough to stop Floros, who with two solarbeams defeats Itsumo and ends this match.

Congrats Ullarwarlord!

Venusaur: Synthesis: +30hp for 14 energy
-5hp due to curse

Spiritomb: Ominous Wind: 6 + 3 = 9 damage for 4 energy
Crit:5 (no)
Goodies: 10 (no)

Spiritomb: Fainting Sneak: 2+6+3 = 11 damage for 11 energy
Crit: 10 (no)

Venusaur: Solarbeam: 16.5 + 2 (overgrow) = 18.5 damage for 7 energy
Crit: 9 (no)
-5hp due to curse

Venusaur: Solarbeam: 18.5 damage for 11 energy
Crit: 3 (no)
-5hp due to curse

Spiritomb fainted!

Hp: 18
En: 8
3/3/5/3/80

Hp: KO
En: KO
3/5/3/4/30
Other: KO​

Prizes:
UllarWarlord: 2CC
Venusaur: 3MC, 1KOC

Eternal Drifter: 2CC (second CC due to Stolen Amulet Coin subject to approval)
Spiritomb: 3MC

Frosty : 2UC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)