Ultimate Favorite Pokemon Picker!

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Post your favourite Pokemon of each type.

Graphic can be made here: https://www.centropkmn.com/favoritetypes/

If it's in Spanish, there's a language toggle at the top of the page that you can use. Please use hide tags, as images loading one by one makes scrolling a pain, especially on mobile.

Anyway, here's mine:
favoriteTypes.jpg
Honourable mentions (in no particular order) include Fletchinder, Quilava, Ferrothorn, Lanturn, Mantine, Gardevoir, Lucario, Alolan Ninetales, Corsola, Heatran, Landorus-T, Gliscor, Aegislash, Mega Sableye, Mega Banette, Ribombee, Pidgeot, Skarmory, and Nidoqueen.

I'd try to find the last thread so we can compare how some peoples' taste has changed in the past however-many years, but the thread is old and has a stupid name that means I can't just use the search function to find it in Firebot. Ain't gonna scroll through 20 pages just to dredge it up. That said, I dug my old one up from the depths of Twitter for comparison's sake.
1689383260191.png
Probably the biggest disruptor (beyond minor taste shifts) is the addition of Tinkaton, as it occupying slots has made it so awkward to try and figure out what I actually want to include/exclude. If Luxray was Electric-/Dark-type like it should be, I'd probably do Fire: Incineroar, Electric: Stunfisk, Ground: Steelix, Dark: Luxray, Ghost: Aegislash, Steel: Tinkaton, Fairy: Mimikyu. Sadly, we don't live in that world, so I'm stuck having to exclude one of Steelix or Aegislash to make sure there's room for all the main ones. That said, I can't exclude Tinkaton because it is genuinely one of the funniest 'mons ever added lol.

Also, the old generator >>> the new one lol

1702401650534.png

I only allowed each pokemon/pokemon line to appear for one type, to increase diversity. For example, Hisuian Arcanine is both my favorite fire and rock type from gen 8, but I only included it for rock type. Repeats were allowed for the last four columns.

Megas and gigantamaxs were only included for gimmick form.

Inspect element was used to place a couple of the overall favorites.

Gen 1 Steel type, Gen 6 Poison type, and Gen 6 Steel type had no good options.

Post your favourite Pokemon of each type.

Graphic can be made here: https://www.centropkmn.com/favoritetypes/

If it's in Spanish, there's a language toggle at the top of the page that you can use. Please use hide tags, as images loading one by one makes scrolling a pain, especially on mobile.

Anyway, here's mine:
Honourable mentions (in no particular order) include Fletchinder, Quilava, Ferrothorn, Lanturn, Mantine, Gardevoir, Lucario, Alolan Ninetales, Corsola, Heatran, Landorus-T, Gliscor, Aegislash, Mega Sableye, Mega Banette, Ribombee, Pidgeot, Skarmory, and Nidoqueen.

I'd try to find the last thread so we can compare how some peoples' taste has changed in the past however-many years, but the thread is old and has a stupid name that means I can't just use the search function to find it in Firebot. Ain't gonna scroll through 20 pages just to dredge it up. That said, I dug my old one up from the depths of Twitter for comparison's sake.
Probably the biggest disruptor (beyond minor taste shifts) is the addition of Tinkaton, as it occupying slots has made it so awkward to try and figure out what I actually want to include/exclude. If Luxray was Electric-/Dark-type like it should be, I'd probably do Fire: Incineroar, Electric: Stunfisk, Ground: Steelix, Dark: Luxray, Ghost: Aegislash, Steel: Tinkaton, Fairy: Mimikyu. Sadly, we don't live in that world, so I'm stuck having to exclude one of Steelix or Aegislash to make sure there's room for all the main ones. That said, I can't exclude Tinkaton because it is genuinely one of the funniest 'mons ever added lol.

Also, the old generator >>> the new one lol

download.png

I tried to avoid duplicates (except for the starter category) and didn't fill in the ones were I felt there were no pokemon that I liked enough

Some of the hardest choices were Hoenn Water, Hoenn Psychic, Hoenn Legend, Sinnoh Grass, Sinnoh Psychic, Sinnoh Steel, Unova Fighting, Unova Bug, Kalos Ghost, Alola Ghost, Alola Fairy, Galar Normal, Galar Fire, Galar Water, Galar Grass, Galar Ice, Galar Fighting, Galar Poison, Galar Psychic, Galar Ghost, Paldea Fire, Paldea Ice?, Paldea Ghost, Paldea Dragon and Paldea Dark

Last edited:
Hello everyone! Now that the dlc has been out for a while, I decided that I could give my chart a well deserved update!
download (3).png

I'm also gonna detail some explanations for the changes (and other miscellaneous stuff) for anyone interested!
:bw/furret: :bw/leavanny: :bw/sandslash: :bw/meganium: :sv/araquanid: :bw/flygon: :bw/minun: :sv/minior-yellow: :sv/sandslash-alola:
All these guys are certified Used In Playthrough™! While not all of them contributed the same way, and realistically I could've just used boring optimal mons (or my maxed out team members from the other campaign(s)) I ultimately enjoyed using these guys. It felt gratifying to watch minun finish off kieran's dragonite, as well as probably being the first person who has used meganium in a playthrough and had a good experience doing so.
:crawdaunt: :ninetales: :chimecho:
I also used these guys in the teal mask, but ultimately they couldn't top their respective competitions. Still, I love them a ton, so they deserve a mention like :whiscash:
Oh man I didn't notice I put smeargle by accident. Uh, just pretend furret is on the johto normal slot.
:sv/decidueye-hisui:
This is less that I didn't like em more than before, but moreso me just not giving decidueye enough credit. But yeah, hisuian decidueye is epic. Idk why, I just find the samurai look pretty cool, even surpassing the og's archer look. They were also pretty useful in my legends arceus playthrough, mainly due to the fact that triple arrows is pretty cracked with that battle system. In case your wondering, yes, rowlet did contribute to their position here. Usually when ranking mons this way I take their pre evos in mind, and as we all know rowlet is adorable.

:sv/golduck:
Golduck has always been one of those mons that are just there for me. Psyduck is pretty cute ofc, and golduck is pretty decent design wise for me, but that was about it really. Come pokemon scarlet, I started playing and I got a shiny psyduck! No shiny charm, no sandwiches, nothing. Just full odds blue duck. I've since gotten more shinies in the game, but that psyduck (now golduck) will always have a place of honor.

:sv/farigiraf:
I had always like girafarig a lot. I found the head on their tail pretty interesting and the main body was pretty charming as well for me. Sadly, they were one of those ultra weak early gen mons, so they were relegated to being one of those weak forgettable mons that only I like. I did once decide to use em in some metronome battle, and although they weren't particularly amazing, it was pretty funny watching em pull out a super strong move or kill an opponent. Therefore, I literally screamed in joy upon seeing em evolve in one of the sv trailers (ok that might've been a little melodramatic in hindsight). Anyway, I like farigiraf themself a lot too! The tail head covering the "main" head is pretty interesting to me, and they actually have giraffe proportions now! I'm so glad that they got a chance, and imo they should definitely be the golden standard for new evos instead of stupid stuff like kingambit.
:dudunsparce:
I unironically hold similar sentiments towards dudunsparce as well, with a weak early gen normal mon that I like and used for a bit before getting an evo I love. Sadly, they couldn't get in anymore due to a ripple effect I'll mention in a bit, but I still am gonna mention em here.

:sv/ogerpon:
Ngl I didn't think ogerpon would be the dlc mascot I would be more interested in. But in the end she ended up winning me over. I rly enjoyed her story throughout teal mask, as well as the final battle against her to catch her. It felt significantly better to battle her with all her masks than just tossing pokeballs at her and hoping she'd stay in one of them. Also, just look at her.

Masterpiece! Sadly, with ogerpon taking paldea's grass slot, arboliva had to move to the normal slot, pushing dudunsparce out. Kinda sad ngl, but that isn't her fault. And now that I gave the latter an honorable mention I can rest easy.

:sv/hydrapple:
I still remember when I thought dipplin was a regional form of applin. Hehehehe, good times. While my fantasy of caramelized flapple and appletun sadly didn't come true, this certainly isn't a bad compensation reward! I have always liked the apples' gmax form, even if they were the same. Therefore, it's awesome to have something similar to it but without the need of a broken generational gimmick! I also enjoy the extra heads that pop in during some animations, those are pretty awesome as well!

:bw/eelektross:
I actually enjoy this guy about the same as fellow unova electric mon galvantula. And since galvantula got to appear in the last chart, I decided to let eelektross have a go! I used this guy in my white playthrough. And while the late evolution level and relative lateness in the story was kinda annoying, I still had a good time with em! She was relatively bulky, and was capable of firing strong moves, as well as boosting with coil. Also, they got a rare green shiny that doesn't look awful, so that's great too!
Phew, that ended up longer than I thought. Thanks to anyone who bothered to read my ramblings, and have a good day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)