Ultimate Glory

Hi. This is the team that I've been using for a while now, and it's been pretty sucessful, giving me a 8/10 win ratio. I probably could have gotten a little higher if it wasn't for the recent outbreak of hax and me having bad prediction at certain times, but in general I'm happy with this team. The primary strategy of this team is to initiate a late game sweep with Tyranitar by eliminating all of his weaknesses, and that's where the other team members come around. After anything that can possibly harm Tyranitar is out of the picture, I bring him out and rape. I'm most likely going to retire this team and try something new. I've never had such sucess with a team as I did with this, ever, so that's where the title of this topic comes from.

So that's the team. Recapping the strategy, I try to clear out as many of Tyranitar's weaknesses as I possibly can then I let him loose later.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

This guy is one heck of a lead and is really just reliable at getting up rocks right at the start of the match without much issue. Due to the high influx of Metagross and Jirachi leads, Swampert's usefulness really shines as a lead and even though the latter threats have the ability to Trick a Scarf onto Swampert, I'm generally not affected because I'll just switch to Magnezone when they Trick. All non Scarf Metagross' will be taken down without any issue though, but I have to be wary of Explosion.

I chose Hyrdo Pump because it takes off chunks of damage against lead Bronzong, and those occasional Gengar attempting to Hypnosis me will have to face a 2HKO from it if they miss due to Hyponsis' accuracy dropping as a result of platinum. I've been getting burned by Rotom's recently, and they definitely don't like it when they get 2-3HKO'ed by Hydro Pump. Also extra helpful against Skarmory and Forretress.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Explosion
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Getting rid of Steels isn't an issue with this magnet around. This easily clears out Scizors' who I believe is Tyranitar's biggest hindrance around. Some people tend to get greedy with SD Scizor and try to get more than one Swords Dance, and consequently have to suffer being trapped and rendered helpless. CB Scizor is a lot similar but if I'm up against a smart Scizor user, I have issues taking him out since they will constantly U-Turn. Forretress is easily OHKO'ed, but recently I've been up against Forry's that are carrying Shed Shell, but Tentacruel can take care of that by knocking their Shed Shell off clean. Skarmory is a lot similar, but I usually don't have much issue with him regardless.

I have to be cautious when switching into Lucario, however, because if I make a stupid move then I have to face a Close Combat, leading to an untimely KO. If I play my cards right, I usually kill Lucario without much issue. Weakened Blissey that aren't playing smart will be KO'd by Explosion, and if I make a good prediction then even smart Blissey users won't be safe.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Spd / 72 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roost
- Thunderbolt

You know it, Zapdos! I bring this guy out often and he accomplishes his role with overall high sucess, which is picking up Magnezone's slack but more importantly being my most reliable means of getting rid of bulky Waters, especially Swampert, and is needed at clearing out Metagross so that my late game sweep can go along with more ease. My reasoning for choosing Zapdos' EV spread was to make him have enough durability to take hits and SR damage, so that he can actually be alive to Roost off the damage. I also wanted to outrun any kind of Lucario that Magnezone wasn't able to get rid of, and outside of Zapdos and Magnezone I have no reliable check to Lucario.

I chose HP Grass for Swamperts obviously, and I didn't need HP Ice because if Swampert is still alive then he can take out Dragons without a big issue. Overall, I have a worthy team member in Zapdos.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Toxic Spikes

I needed something that could absorb Toxic Spikes as well lay them down, and spin away SR. I also needed a reliable check to Infernape of which I don't have elsewhere in my team. I thought for like 2 seconds and immediately knew that Tentacruel was perfect for the job. My general annoyer of the team, I Knock Off items whenever I have the opportunity, and when the opponent doesn't have the oh so common Leftovers, they will get taken down that much faster. Taking Choice items off my opponent is very useful too. My only means of attacking are with Surf only, but I haven't exactly had any problems with the lack of offense. To me, it's all about coverage when coming up with attacks for Tentacruel because I don't have her Special Attack set high anyways so another attack isn't of much use.

However, I've been thinking about adding another attack somewhere, either HP Eletric or Ice Beam so that I'll have some sort of coverage over Dragons and Gyarados/Waters, respectively, but it's not like Gyarados won't be able to KO me if I did have HP Eletric, so I probably won't make that change. In the end, Tentacruel has been doing it's role with relatively decent success.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

A worthy revenge killer in my opinion. I wanted a hard physical hitter that could soften up sturdy Ground types like Hippowdon for example, along with weakening bulky Waters like Suicune and Vaporeon to the point where one of my other teammates can finish them off, and the way I do that is by constantly using U-Turn until they've been weakened to a considerable amount. Scouting is always useful, of course. Similarly, any sweeper that's been weakened enough but is able to run right through my team, DD Mence for example, will be KO'd by Bullet Punch. The reason I didn't go with SD Scizor is because I needed something that could immediately hit hard without having to set up, and CB Scizor does exactly that.

The move that has the least usage is Superpower, and that's only used against Blissey who I'm sure aren't running Flamethrower and also used against occasional Bronzong and Skarmory. Pursuit is useful against fleeing Latias and Gengar as the former will come close to being KO'd, while the latter will always be KO'd if it's caught switching out.

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This T-rex is the late game clean upper, and the life of the party. Once most or preferrably all of the threats that can possibly halt my DD Tar sweep have been eliminated or weakened to an extent, that's when I bring this guy out. I have to say that I've never such a high success rate for a late game sweeper as I've had with Tyranitar. I definitely went with the two STAB attacks since they will be hitting harder than anything else, and Earthquake for an all around powerful move that hits every non Levitator/non Flying type for good damage, like Lucario and other Steels, Metagross for example. I didn't necessarily need Fire Punch since Magnezone + Tentacruel will have gotten rid of any Shed Shell carrying Steels, and even if they are still there, Earthquake or Crunch will take care of them good enough.

I'm a Speed whore so I of course went with a beneficial Speed nature, and Life Orb instead of Leftovers because the recoils won't matter much in the late game, and that extra power boost is needed. However, there have been times where I actually considered going with Leftovers. With that being said, Tyranitar has been a reliable core of the team and hasn't disappointed me thus far.

--------------------

Threat List

These are the top 25 threats. Every problematic Pokemon will be highlighted.

Scizor - Magnezone can come in and trap, then easily OHKO with Hidden Power Fire. I do have to watch out for Superpower though. Zapdos is similar and takes little or nothing from Scizor's normal range of attacks and will OHKO with Heat Wave.

Salamence - If my Swampert isn't weakened, he can come in and easily OHKO with Ice Beam. I do have to be wary of DD boosted Outrages, but if that moment arises I bring out Scizor to fend off said Outrage and proceed to KO with Bullet Punch. If it's a mixed attacker, I have a bit of an issue taking him out, however I'm able to play around it.

Heatran - Swampert will happily come in and take any attack that a usual Heatran will have to offer, but I have to be cautious because some Heatran users will be using Hidden Power Grass. If it's a non Scarf Heatran that's been weakened enough, I can bring in Magnezone and revenge kill. If it is Scarf, I'll do what I stated earlier but if Swampert is KO'd already then I bring in Tentacruel when I'm sure they'll do Fire Blast, then I bring in Zapdos on Earth Power and KO with Thunderbolt. I will then Roost off any damage and Zapdos is able to take few hits before going down since he's bulky.

Gyarados - Oh man, this thing gives me worries all day. If Gyarados is running a combination of Earthquake / Waterfall / Stone Edge, he is able to KO my whole team with ease. In some cases I can play around it but I've been swept a good number of times in the past by DD Gyarados. Again, with a little luck I can take him out before he can cause any real damage but even trying to take him out will leave a big scar on my team.

Infernape - Tentacruel can take him on any day of the week. She doesn't take hardly anything that Infernape has to offer, and will switch in without hesitation and KO with Surf. Even if Tentacruel fails at taking out Infernape which in 95% of cases she won't, I can bring in Magnezone or Scizor and revenge kill him after one of my Pokemon has been eliminated.

Metagross - Swampert is my main Metagross counter, and will Earthquake him to oblivion. Swampert is sometimes weakened though due to being a lead, so Zapdos is there for backup. Zapdos can come in without any hesitation and KO with Heat Wave. Zapdos only fears the occasional Ice Punch, and since around 15% of Metagross' carry Ice Punch, Zapdos will usually come out on top. Magnezone can come in and revenge kill and Scizor can do U-Turn to weaken it if Pert and Zapdos somehow got KO'd but that hasn't happened yet.

Tyranitar - Once again, Swampert is my go to guy when Tyranitar comes about, especially CB Tyranitar. Scizor can easily revenge kill DD and CB Tar but a certain amount of DD Tars will be carrying a Babiri Berry so I have to be a little wary, but in the end I have no real issue with Tyranitar.

Blissey - Due to my mostly special oriented team, I of course have issues with Blissey. In the past I was horribly walled by her, but I altered my team a bit since then and it's been a little easier at taking care of her. Magnezone can Explode on a weakened Blissey and KO. Scizor OHKO'es with Superpower, but there's no way I can stay in on a Blissey that has Flamethrower because Scizor will be instantly OHKO'ed. She is a big issue overall.

Swampert - This is one of the reasons I made Zapdos bulky, but even if I didn't make Zapdos bulky it will take on Swampert with ease. Hidden Power Grass will OHKO a weakened Swampert, and I'm constantly U-Turning with Scizor and that leaves a noticeable mark on Swampert.

Latias - I always bring in Scizor and scare her away, and this in turn will end up in her being Pursuited. If Latias stays in at an attempt to constantly Calm Mind, she will suffer by being KO'd with U-Turn. Tyranitar will make short work of Latias with LO Crunches.

Lucario - I honestly don't have a reliable Lucario switch in, and he ends up doing huge amounts of damage before he gets KO'd. If it manages to do one SD, then I'll have to kiss at least 2 Pokemon goodbye. Magnezone can come in and revenge kill once one of my other Pokemon have been KO'd, and Scizor can finish off a severely weakened one with Bullet Punch. Zapdos and Swampert are similar at they can't swich in safely, but they can quickly dispatch Lucario with Heat Wave and Earthquake, respectively.

Gengar - No Gengar will stand a chance as long as Scizor is still in play. Most Gengar users will have to decide staying in and being OHKO'ed by Bullet Punch, or switching only to have to eat a Pursuit. If Scizor is somehow gone, I can bring out Zapdos and KO pretty quickly with Thunderbolt, then Roost off any damage that was caused.

Jirachi - If it's a Scarf lead, I bring in Magnezone when it will most likely end up doing Trick or Stealth Rock, and from there I can trap and KO with Thunderbolt. If it's a SubCM sweeper, I can have some big issues. If I find out that it is one, I will bring out Zapdos and try to KO as quickly as possible. Around 1/4 of Jirachi's carry Fire Punch, so I can bring in Scizor and attack with U-Turn or Superpower for pretty nice damage.

Zapdos - If it lacks HP Grass, I can bring in Swampert without worry and take him out. Even though Tyranitar is left to be brought out late game, he can be switched in if need be and KO with Stone Edge or Crunch. He also won't take much damage from Zapdos' normal attacks.

Celebi - Since most Celebi's will be carrying a combination of Hidden Power Fire/Grass Knot, I cant bring in Scizor or Swampert safely. Scizor can cause a huge amount of damage with U-Turn, and can revenge kill with Bullet Punch. Zapdos can take on Celebi if it isn't running a Calm Mind moveset and can KO with Heat Wave.

Starmie - If Starmie lacks Ice Beam, I can bring in Zapdos and pretty much take him out just like that. I can usually weaken Starmie to the point where it isn't a big issue. If need be, I can bring out Tyranitar on a less specially offensive Starmie and KO with Crunch, and the boost from Sandstorm allows Tyranitar to take Surfs better. To be honest, I don't have a true Starmie counter, but I 90% of the time play around it so it's not a concern.

Azelf - I'm really thankful that people waste him as a lead because Azelf can absolutely rape me if it's a NP sweeper. I have no reliable switch ins to it but Scizor can revenge kill it with Bullet Punch pretty easily. It can still be very troublesome.

Breloom - Once he's already sleeped one of my other team mates, I can bring in Zapdos and immediately switch to Scizor to play mind games. Heat Wave and Bullet Punch will take out Breloom more often than not, and I don't usually have issues with him in general.

Gliscor - I can bring in Swampert and quickly take him out with Ice Beam, but Yache Berry variants have been pretty common nowadays so that ends up not being enough. If need be, I can revenge kill a weakened Gliscor with Bullet Punch but that's only in desperate situations. I can play around Gliscor though.

Vaporeon - Zapdos handles him nicely. Tentacruel can come in on pretty much any variant and wall him, but Tentacruel has no way of inflicting decent damage. I thought about giving Tentacruel Hidden Power Electric but Vaporeon isn't that much of an issue for me to make that change.

Bronzong - Zapdos is meant to do the bulk of the damage, and Magnezone is supposed to come out at the right moment and finish him off. I can't try to attack a full health Bronzong with Magnezone because of Earthquake obviously. Swampert usually weakens Bronzong enough since most Bronzong will be in the lead position and Hydro Pump takes off a pretty decent amount of damage.

Skarmory - Magnezone handles him all day, and even if it's holding Shed Shell I will usually end up managing to knock it off thanks to Tentacruel. Zapdos will KO quickly with Thunderbolt.

Kingdra - Not really much of a threat to be honest. Rain Dance versions can give me a lot of trouble, but most of them are DD variants and I can bring out Scizor while he's on Outrage. If I manage to lay down at least one layer of Toxic Spikes with Tentacruel, then Kingdra will be status'd and then I can bring Tentacruel back out if it's a Rain Dance version and stall it out until it eventually is KO'd.

Flygon - I think Swampert takes care of him good enough, and if Swampert is KO'd then I can bring in Scizor while Flygon is trapped in Outrage and KO with Bullet Punch.

Magnezone - Zapdos can take a Thunderbolt and quickly KO with Heat Wave. If Magnezone lacks HP Grass, and since most of them do, I can bring in Swampert with ease and OHKO with Earthquake. If it's a Magnet Rise variant, I can attack with Hydro Pump and 2-3HKO.

So that's the team. Rate away.

On Zapdos, switch him to the physically defensive set so you can counter both Gyrados and lucario.

Blissey should be no problem if she is being a bitch to magnezone EXPLODE! Scizor can get rid of her as well with superpower.

Against azelf all you need to do is to BP him witch scizor, azelf is also set up bait for T-tar.

Overall your team looks really good, there are no major problems that i can see.

Id be a little unsure about tentacruel. Toxic spikes takes 2 turns to set up but the OU metagame is dominated by flier, levitators, and steels. You seem to have a typical OU team and 4/6 of the pokemon are immune to toxic spikes. You've mentioned problems with gyrados and that was the first thing I noticed about this team, maybe you could try a vaporeon in that spot. Vaporeon counters infernape and walls gyrados as well as providing wish support.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nice team, you have some trouble with Infernape though. I know that's probably gonna sound weird considering you have a Tentacruel, but lets face the facts here, Tentacruel can only switch in one time, the next time it switches in, it's dead. That doesn't sound very reliable, from there on, you have to rely on your Scarf Magnezone to catch it off gaurd, again not too reliable. You also mention a Lucario weak of sorts, so that will have to be fixed up as well!

On Swampert why Ice Beam? No common leads are really hit from it, so I would drop that for Protect. Protect is useful in 2 leads, it's a "Fuck you" to trick users, and it's also good against Metagross/Azelf leads who tend to explode...a lot. It helps with scouting out Choiced users, or just screwing with Salamence locked in DD. It also allows you a free turn of leftovers recovery, and that's always a good thing. ^_^

As for your Magnezone, I've never used a Scarf one, so you can ignore this if it doesn't make any sense, but why Naive? Is that outspeeding anything at all? Why not just go with a +SpA -Sp.D nature? I think more power would be beneficial coming from this guy, but again, I've never used it. If you need the speed for any particular reason, please ignore me. :P

Next up is your Zapdos. And you know what I say? Drop it. Run a RestTalk Gyarados in it's place. It's gonna really be your only "counter" to Lucario as well as a "check" into Infernape. It's relative bulk and defensive typing coupled with Intimidate make it one hell of a defensive pokemon and with Dragon Dance/Waterfall as your other two moves, not much can break this guy. You could run Avalanche over Dragon Dance, and make it a lot bulkier, as well as a better check to Salamence, but Dragon Dance gives you the feel of a much more bulky sweeper, opposed to a tank. Either or should work fine, so it's really up to your personal preference.

Tentacruel is fine, not much to be said about that. You could consider a RestTalk Tentacruel with Toxic Spikes and Surf as your moves so you have a better Ape check, but I think Rapid Spin is much needed. Still I'd reccomend that you consider rest, but supper iffy. Try it if you find that you need it!

Scizor is fine, again not sure why you have Speed EV's but I'm assuming they're for Skarm? If not, please tell me what they're for since I'm clueless. Other than that everything is fine.

Last up is your Tyranitar!!! Your team is built very well in order to get this guy a sweep with the moves he got, so I'm not gonna change him up at all. If you go with Leftovers, run an Adamant nature in my opinion. Adamant + Leftovers will allow you to get an extra dance in most time, and that can be crucial, so yeaaah.

Well that's my rate, take it or leave it :P. Great team, I do see you having trouble with any teams more offensive then yours since you have 5 pokemon hit by EQ, and that's a common as hell move. However if you've gotten by thus far, I doubt it will effect you any more than it already has. Well good luck with the team and have a nice one.

~ SoT

On Zapdos, switch him to the physically defensive set so you can counter both Gyrados and lucario.

Blissey should be no problem if she is being a bitch to magnezone EXPLODE! Scizor can get rid of her as well with superpower.

Against azelf all you need to do is to BP him witch scizor, azelf is also set up bait for T-tar.

Overall your team looks really good, there are no major problems that i can see.
Even if I went with a physically defensive Zapdos, I would still take high amounts of damage from their Stone Edge's. Magnezone usually won't KO if Blissey hasn't been weakened enough, and Scizor can only manage one BP on Azelf before he gets OHKO'ed by Flamethrower.

Id be a little unsure about tentacruel. Toxic spikes takes 2 turns to set up but the OU metagame is dominated by flier, levitators, and steels. You seem to have a typical OU team and 4/6 of the pokemon are immune to toxic spikes. You've mentioned problems with gyrados and that was the first thing I noticed about this team, maybe you could try a vaporeon in that spot. Vaporeon counters infernape and walls gyrados as well as providing wish support.
The reason I chose Tentacruel was so I could have something to clear out Toxic Spikes. This eases it up for Tyranitar late game so that he won't be unexpectedly poisoned and left to be slowly KO'd, and I have come in situations where that's happened, mostly occurred against stall teams though. I will playtest Vaporeon though and see how it works.

Nice team, you have some trouble with Infernape though. I know that's probably gonna sound weird considering you have a Tentacruel, but lets face the facts here, Tentacruel can only switch in one time, the next time it switches in, it's dead. That doesn't sound very reliable, from there on, you have to rely on your Scarf Magnezone to catch it off gaurd, again not too reliable. You also mention a Lucario weak of sorts, so that will have to be fixed up as well! To be honest I never really had issues with Infernape but I am aware that it can absolutely destroy me if it gets a few NP boosts. Tentacruel will take care of Infernape usually without much problem though.

On Swampert why Ice Beam? No common leads are really hit from it, so I would drop that for Protect. Protect is useful in 2 leads, it's a "Fuck you" to trick users, and it's also good against Metagross/Azelf leads who tend to explode...a lot. It helps with scouting out Choiced users, or just screwing with Salamence locked in DD. It also allows you a free turn of leftovers recovery, and that's always a good thing. ^_^ I ran Ice Beam so that I can have an easier way of dealing with Dragons later in the game but Swampert is usually weakened as a lead so I will definitely try out Protect.

As for your Magnezone, I've never used a Scarf one, so you can ignore this if it doesn't make any sense, but why Naive? Is that outspeeding anything at all? Why not just go with a +SpA -Sp.D nature? I think more power would be beneficial coming from this guy, but again, I've never used it. If you need the speed for any particular reason, please ignore me. :P I chose Naive so that I could outrun positive Speed Pokemon that are 110 based or lower, such as Gengar. I will try out a Rash nature though.

Next up is your Zapdos. And you know what I say? Drop it. Run a RestTalk Gyarados in it's place. It's gonna really be your only "counter" to Lucario as well as a "check" into Infernape. It's relative bulk and defensive typing coupled with Intimidate make it one hell of a defensive pokemon and with Dragon Dance/Waterfall as your other two moves, not much can break this guy. You could run Avalanche over Dragon Dance, and make it a lot bulkier, as well as a better check to Salamence, but Dragon Dance gives you the feel of a much more bulky sweeper, opposed to a tank. Either or should work fine, so it's really up to your personal preference. Again, RestTalk Gyarados is still vulnerable to SD boosted Stone Edge's from Lucario but I will try it out. At least if I have an Infernape check that would free up Tentacruel's spot and then I could replace Tentacruel with Vaporeon or Suicune or something similar.

Tentacruel is fine, not much to be said about that. You could consider a RestTalk Tentacruel with Toxic Spikes and Surf as your moves so you have a better Ape check, but I think Rapid Spin is much needed. Still I'd reccomend that you consider rest, but supper iffy. Try it if you find that you need it! I will test it out.

Scizor is fine, again not sure why you have Speed EV's but I'm assuming they're for Skarm? If not, please tell me what they're for since I'm clueless. Other than that everything is fine. Yeah they're for outrunning minimum Speed Skarmory.

Last up is your Tyranitar!!! Your team is built very well in order to get this guy a sweep with the moves he got, so I'm not gonna change him up at all. If you go with Leftovers, run an Adamant nature in my opinion. Adamant + Leftovers will allow you to get an extra dance in most time, and that can be crucial, so yeaaah. Will do.

Well that's my rate, take it or leave it :P. Great team, I do see you having trouble with any teams more offensive then yours since you have 5 pokemon hit by EQ, and that's a common as hell move. However if you've gotten by thus far, I doubt it will effect you any more than it already has. Well good luck with the team and have a nice one.

~ SoT
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I really appreciated them, and I will be testing them out. Again, thanks. =D

Scimjara

Bert Stare
is a Tutor Alumnus
Alright, when looking at your team I see a big DD/LO gyrados problem.
Seeing that if it sets up well your team is done, your only hope is mainly swampert, and magenezone, which won't help you if swampert gets damaged in the early game.
Alright after 1-2-3 Dragon Dances it's really GG. Earthquake will take out swampert, and if DD gyrados is switching in to your magnezone while doing either flash cannon/Hp(fire) your mainly died by earthquake. Then zapados he's gone by stone edge, even making him more bulky won't help you since Life Orb+DD+Adamant=OHKO by stone edge wven by waterfall. Tentacruel won't be able to do jack on your team, since earthquake destroys him completely, theirs no hope in saving the game, but if you get DD tyran to set up well maybe, but everyone knows DD gyra kills DD tyranitar, one earthquake/waterfall and your really gone, and thats game.
One suggestion since this team is slow besides for magnezone. Vaporeon needs to take the spot for tentacruel, to counter gyrados before it can set up. Now I see knock off ohh wow i took off gyradoses leftovers call me beast. NO! that's not going to do anything seeming that your gonna get sweept by mainly gyrados, and even salamence. Toxic spikes seeing that mainly all your pokes are immune what do you think about your foe he's going to have pokes where poision is supper effective no, mainly every pokemon in OU is immune to toxic spikes(Poison). Also having a rapid spinner for this team is a waste, only zapados get's hurt by it 200%, others have nuetral, or 50% resistance. The only hit he has is surf vaporeon eats that and does it better 10x.
Go with the hp(elec), wish, protect, surf set it's mainly on smogon search, and really everyone knows about it so it would be a waste for me to post it on here.
Btw, why have earthquake on tyranitar for this set. He needs fire punch, where scizor with a SD+LO can damage this team, apart from magnezone who could be gone in the early game from mence/gyrados. Go with fire punch because your outspeeding scizor even without the DD, and fire punch will take down a threat to this team, and then allowing you to set up. That's really all have a good day.

Even if I went with a physically defensive Zapdos, I would still take high amounts of damage from their Stone Edge's.
Zapdos is usually fast enough to Roost off the damage later in the game. I would drop Heat Wave for a status move because alot of Scizors have an Occa Berry and Thunderbolt 2KOs most of them anyway before they 2KO you.

Scimjara

Bert Stare
is a Tutor Alumnus
Zapdos is usually fast enough to Roost off the damage later in the game. I would drop Heat Wave for a status move because alot of Scizors have an Occa Berry and Thunderbolt 2KOs most of them anyway before they 2KO you.
Alright I'm pretty sure in all my battling time, and my brothers I have never seen a scizor with occa berry since scizors weak defensis, don't let him live a fire blast from heatran, or infernape, even with occa berry. Don't accuse me of not using a damage calc because i did getting 443-522 damage with heatrans fire blast doing to scizor with occa berry it goes past scizors max hp which results in an OHKO.
Also why thunderbolt when having heatwave which kills scizor since most steels like you saying scizor what can it do bullet punch?50% resistance. U-turn or X-scissors 50% resistance. Now super power 50% resistance, same with C-Banded pursuit won't OHKO, and why would he switch on scizor when heat-wave kills.

Scizors usually switch out of Heat Wave to a resist, usually Heatran. Then it possibly takes SR damage and is hit with a STAB Thunderbolt. I don't understand what your saying in your third sentence. Yea I know Zapdos resists basically all of Scizors moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)