ultimate perfect Smog Map (aka mark your location on ZeeMaps and don't TMI)

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Link to the ZeeMap: http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=600142

password: overallbplus

Map updated 9:44 AM, Tuesday June 25, 2013 (PDT). Please VM me if you'd like the map updated at any time.

The main purpose of making a ZeeMap/posting it for you guys is seeing where the majority of Smogon posters are statistically/geologically, and see who shares your common interests nearest you. It requires absolutely zero effort, and assuming you know where your standards lie, it's absolutely safe.

Here is the procedure:
  1. On the menu bar directly on top of the map, hover over "Additions" and click "Add Marker - Simple." This allows you to just fill in three inputs (Name, Location, and Description), while the "Detailed" wants you to put input super extra details, though it can search + find your desired location accurately.
  2. Remember to type in the password! (It's up there, chica)
  3. Fill in the inputs with information. Remember, there's a thing called TMI; for your safety, you should input the username you use on the forums rather than your irl name, and a general city/state/country/province rather than your detailed address. Additionally, please don't put too much information in the "Description" box; general info about what you do should be fine. I'll just put it in bold to further emphasize it: TMI at your own risk.
  4. Correctly specify your location by clicking "Preview" before submitting. Click "Submit" after everything is done is accounted for.
  5. Double check to see if you got everything right, and see if, by good fortune, people flock to a specific location. Make sure to copy your edit url if you wish to make future changes or delete it.
And before any of you get on the case, no, marking your location here will not associate you with, or ever excuse you from, stalking others. Hence the "don't be stupid" part. I'm pretty sure most of you are smart enough to figure out what sort of things you should disclose on the internet, but there's always that one guy. Just think of this as a "why the heck not?" thing.

As for posting in this thread? Go crazy. Comment on the odd patterns you see, on people living in this country/this area, on where you stand, on what sort of stuff your location has to offer, or whatever! If you use this to plan a meetup or something, extra cool.

Regardless, cheers! (and yes, I'm the guy in THAT city in California)

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
The main purpose of making a ZeeMap/posting it for you guys is seeing where the majority of Smogon posters are statistically/geologically
But I can't remember what sort of rock I live on top of...

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Overall B+, added my location. Seems like a London-meetup would be pretty feasible. :)

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
I used an iPad on this, tried to click closest to my place as possible.

Apparently I live in some sort of factory on 'Otterbein St.'

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Statement number one: Come on guys I'm like the only guy on the west coast, let alone Southern California. :(

Statement number two: Yeah don't worry where the map places you when you type in a city. Apparently, I train dogs all day at Lori Hamilton's Dog Training :V

I'll update the OP with a new image of the map once I get on a more personal computer.

c'mon, we're feeling a tad lonely up in canada :c

cool idea, though! i'm pleasantly surprised with the amount of people in europe. germany seems a touch random but eh, still neat all the same.

Don't know if it's just my browser or the site's fucked up but the only place I can see on the map is Greenland...

why does germany seem a tad random?
not sure. it just seems a little odd sticking out there all by itself, no france or anything. perhaps it's because the only germans that i was really aware of were the ones playing in the world cup. still neat, though.

Don't know if it's just me but the map doesn't show up. It's just a gray box. I was able to add my marker though.

Edit: Never mind fixed

Lavos

Banned deucer.
still no one within 400 miles of me and im not some canadien who has to walk 400 miles to his neighbours house either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)