Ultra Offensive (UU RMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You all know the RMT Drill, I just need help with my team. I've always been much better as an offensive player than a stall player, this teams records pretty good, but I feel it could be even better with some help, basic strategy is to use sweepers that can easily come in on common UU pokes, such as ludicolo coming in on Milotic, and then letting them set up and sweep. Unfortunatly, one major problem is that nearly all of my wins come from either Torterra or Ludicolo sweeping, whereas Regice and Azumarill have done much less. One other problem is that I lack stealth rock, which I would really like to add the to the team. Now onto the team.

Team at a glance:

The Lead

Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EV's: 40 Def, 252 SpA, 216 Spe
Nature: Timid
~Air Slash
~Overheat
~U-turn
~Will-o-Wisp

Moltres has been pretty good to me this far, scaring away common leads such as roserade and frosslass, who can either decide to stay in only getting down one layer of whatever spikes they choose, or switch out to a counter. That's where U-turn comes in, allowing me to not only scout their Moltres counter, but allowing me to switch in my counter. Air slash provides flinch hax, although WoW has failed to do anything for me.

The Surprise

Item: Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EV's: 6 Def, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
Nature: Modest
~Rain Dance
~Surf
~Grass Knot
~Ice Beam

Wow is just about all I can say about this guy, Ludicolo absolutly tears things apart, more so than anything else I have ever used in UU. I just bring this guy in on a milotic or some other bulky water, rain dance, tear shit up. Surf tends to OHKO things that dont resist it, with ice beam and Grass Knot for coverage. After a rain dance it's faster than about everything, and gets 5 turns to wreak havok, once this thing sets up the opponent is pretty much bound to lose a couple pokes. It's a shame that people only seem to use rain dance pokes on rain dance teams.

The Ice Man

Item: Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EV's: 252HP, 252 Def, 6 Sp. Def
Nature: Calm
~Charge Beam
~Ice Beam
~Rest

~Sleep Talk

Well this guy was supposed to be my raikou counter, but it hasnt really worked out too well, I've always hated relying on sleep talk to do anything useful, and it hasn't for me this far. I'd love it if you guys could help me find a good poke that can counter raikou to take his place. And pokes that can do damage please, hopefully that can keep up some sort of offensive flow. Bonus points if it counters spiritomb as well.

The HUGE Power

Item: Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EV's: 212HP, 252 Att, 44 Spe
Nature: Adamant
~Aqua Jet
~Double Edge
~Waterfall
~Focus Punch

Unfortunately, this guy's also been a slight disappointment, he wasn't meant to come in and set up as much as it was to clean up, and it just hasn't been doing much of that. In it's place I'm looking for maybe a rocker, or maybe another solid clean up, hopefully one that can do damage to a larger variety of pokes.

The Terror

Ability: Overgrow
EV's: 6Def, 252 Att, 252 Spe
~Rock Polish
~Earthquake
~Wood Hammer
~Stone Edge

The other star of the team, this guy works in a similar manner to Ludicolo, coming in on electric attacks, EQ's, and other resistances, and then Rock polishing up and sweeping. Once this thing gets set up it's quite hard to stop, with QuakeEdge for impressive coverage, and Wood Hammer for another strong stab.

The Clean Up Guy

Ability: Technician
EV's: 6HP, 252 Att, 252 Spe
~Fake Out
~Double Hit
~Payback
~U-turn

This guy is a staple in my New UU teams, functioning as a superb revenge killer and clean up guy. Fake Out plus Double Hit takes out a lot of things, with payback for ghost switch ins, and U-turn for scouting and countering. Not much to explain about this guy,

So yah, please rate, I want constructive criticism and suggestions if possible, hopefully staying with the offensive theme of the team, and thanks in advance.

I won't give a full rate, but the reason your Regice doesn't counter Raikou too well is probably the fact that you're using two Electric attacks, which doesn't do shit to Raikou. Regice CAN work as a counter, but you'll need Seismic Toss to wear it down at the very least.

I think your better off with Magneton in replace with Regice. It counters Raikou nicely resisting both thunderbolt and HP Ice. And it also counters shadow ball, extrasensory, hp grass, etc. It traps steels, and it is pretty fast.

Also on Ambipom, try Silk Scarf. It is effective and doesn't life your life down that fast.

Camerupt works as a nice Raikou counter, as it can take HP grass and HP Ice, while dishing back an earthquake or earth power back. Give it a Choice Band or Choice Specs and it could be a beast.

I also don't like WOW on Moltres; try replacing it with Flamethrower to give you another consistant attacking move. HP Elecrtic is also an option to deal with bulky waters, but it won't do too much to them.

Magneton can't take special attacks to save it's life. I would rather use Mantine to kill Raikou(not rly). But seriously, it would have trouble breaking its subs even before a calm mind, and after 1 its setup fodder.

Ummm.....just run psych up do deal with Raikou?

I might give a complete Rate when i have time, but for now, i really dislike Ambipom unless its lead.

Edit: Ok i have time now.

So, lets start with Moltres. Will-o-wisp is really a utility move that just so happens to be your Only hope VS SDers, because your team has ZERO defense outside of Regice. If you never use it, may as well add HP Something, or flamethrower to sweep.

Ludicolo is fine i guess, i usually Lol when i see one, just because its so easy to Stall out the Rain and turn it into Fodder, but if you like it, keep it.

Ok....Regice......I just find this, to be sort of pointless tbh. Registeel has has less damage, but if you add a Registeel with SR/EQ/Iron Head/Explosion(or Rest) than boom, you have a Raikou Counter, and Stealth Rock, which is really important for an offensive team.

Azumaril is a really good CBer, but its so easily Countered in UU. IMO, as crazy as this sounds, use either a CB BLaziken:

Blaziken (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SAtk
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Thunderpunch
- Blaze Kick

Or CB Staraptor:

Staraptor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Return
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

CB Blaziken has done so awesome on my offensive team(a couple threads down). It can hit every Pokemon in UU for over 50% with Thunderpunch/Flare Blitz/Superpower/(Overheat/Blaze Kick/Earthquake). Once it drops below 33%, than you can nearly OHKO all pokemon besides Slowbro with Flare Blitz, or just sweep with Blaze Kick. CB staraptor is more standard, but it idk if you want another SR weak.

Torterra is an amazing Mid-Late Sweeper. Keep it.

Ambipom.....well i dont like them, unless they lead. Because they are really a half ass Revenge Killer. If you want to Abuse Priorities, use Technitop. If you want a serious Revenge Killer, use Scarf Medicham with Icepunch/thunderpunch/psycho cut/High Jump Kick(or Brick Break). This covers everything, and has a monster Attack stat.

If i missed something, point it out and ill fix it :D.

A good, team, a very good team...AND I LOVE OFFENSIVE TEAMS. Just a few suggestions, though.

For Moltres, I would use flamethrower instead of overheat, and I would use it as my main attack if running the Choice scarf set. If you really want to use Overheat, you MIGHT want to use white herb...not many people do and it is actually a very useful item. If WoW isnt doing anything for you, feel free to switch it out. Roost can be good, especially for shedding that HORRIBLE x4 stealth rock weakness. But you shouldn't use it if you are going to use the choice scarf set. You can even use Moltres with choice specs: despite all of the hate for it, it is very versitile.

The Ludicolo is extremely beast. I can tell just by looking at it. Good type coverage, good item, good EV spread, good poke. Ludicolo is one of my personal favorites, and I often run a similar set. The swift swim just adds to the demolition.

For Regice, it is a very good pokemon, but not an amazing Raikou counter. A better one by far is Seismic Toss Blissey:

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold
148 HP/252 Def/108 SpD
1. Seismic Toss
2. Softboiled
3. Thunder Wave
4. Double Team

Whatever you do, DO NOT DUMP AZUMARILL. When used correctly, he could be probably as beast as your Ludicolo. Keep the CB and use Waterfall as your main attack. Dump all but 4 HP EVs and put them in speed. Then use waterfall as your main attack. If Ludicolo's rain dance is still in play, then waterfall is literally a OHKO on everything that doesnt resist it...GUARANTEED.

The Torterra is another very good sweeper, and after one rock polish, its almost unstoppable. The only thing that can stop it is any +speed Baton Passed Staraptor w. Brave Bird, or Jolly/Adamant Weavile w. ice punch. Thats basically it. And you already have a Weavile counter (Moltres), and if used right, a Staraptor counter (Azumarill). A very good choice, and a huge threat in UU, even OU.

Ambipom w. fake out@life orb...a very excellent revenge killer. I wouldn't change anything about him, period.

HAPPY BATTLING! :D

Darkrai Lucario,this is UU and Blissey is banned.Double Team is also banned.

As for a rate: Do what HeYsUp said.I agree 100% with him. :D

I have a quick suggestion. Instead of wood hammer on Torterra use Seed Bomb. Though there is a power drop it works much more effectively sa a sweeper. Wood hammer + Life Orb = quick death. That is not good for a sweeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)