Online Competition ~Ultra Spooky Cup~ :ghost: | Shiny Mimikyu as entry gift!

Nihilego for check Volcarona ... ? Be careful, some Volcarona as play with Z Shattered Psyche for deal with Toxapex so ... :mehowth:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Ah, yes, the spookiest Pokemon there is...

Flying Pink Cotton Candy

That out of the way, Aerodactyl might be a key Pokémon to beat opposing Marshadow. Or would be if it's best Flying STAB had more than 60 BP.

Nihilego for check Volcarona ... ? Be careful, some Volcarona as play with Z Shattered Psyche for deal with Toxapex so ... :mehowth:
Still thought it was worth a mention since Sash is fairly common with a SR set. I'm expecting Shattered Psyche to be the most common Z move on Volcarona here; although bulky berry Volcarona is also good to deal with Mimikyu.

That out of the way, Aerodactyl might be a key Pokémon to beat opposing Marshadow. Or would be if it's best Flying STAB had more than 60 BP.
That's partly why I decided to run Flyinium-Z Aerodactyl. Just enough speed to beat out Max speed Marshadow and OHKO non sash Marshadows with Z-Fly
Aerodactyl @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Unnerve
Level: 50
EVs: 36 HP / 108 Atk / 92 Def / 52 SpD / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fly
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

108 Atk Aerodactyl Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Marshadow: 270-320 (163.6 - 193.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Probably could take off unnerve though. Haven't seen many berries being used. though Rock head is practically useless and the battles aren't going to last long enough for Pressure so :shrug: The Defenses was to help it survive a HP ice on switch then not get knocked out with SS. It's still a roll unfortunately.

Also Zoroark has been working out well. It's still easy to figure out but those first few turns can easily get a knock out, cripple the opponent with trick Scarf, or enough for Sucker punch to finish the job. People be sleeping on it imo..

Hey guys,

I will maybe run a bulky offensive team and need help. I found a few team members which work very well, but what I miss is the oppirtunity to make good switchins. For example: I have a normal and a ghost/fighting (lol) Pokemon so I can play mind games with oppossing Marshadows which attack it should use. But on the other side there are many Pokemon where I don't have good switchins. I search Pokemon like Toxapex, Gliscor, Rotom-W. What Pokemon are bulky enough for good switchins and are still a offensive thread (Toxapex doesn't make much damage, but its typing, Regenerator/Recover/Black Sludge and Scald/Toxic can stall most Pokemon). So short: I need bulky Pokemon which has still a offensive presence.

For example: I really like Crawdaunt. It's Z-Crabhammer 0HKO Aegislash in Shield form! But It's because of mediocre bulk and bad speed a bad switchin for a water Pokemon (because of resistence).

Every advice would help :)

Hey guys,

I will maybe run a bulky offensive team and need help. I found a few team members which work very well, but what I miss is the oppirtunity to make good switchins. For example: I have a normal and a ghost/fighting (lol) Pokemon so I can play mind games with oppossing Marshadows which attack it should use. But on the other side there are many Pokemon where I don't have good switchins. I search Pokemon like Toxapex, Gliscor, Rotom-W. What Pokemon are bulky enough for good switchins and are still a offensive thread (Toxapex doesn't make much damage, but its typing, Regenerator/Recover/Black Sludge and Scald/Toxic can stall most Pokemon). So short: I need bulky Pokemon which has still a offensive presence.

For example: I really like Crawdaunt. It's Z-Crabhammer 0HKO Aegislash in Shield form! But It's because of mediocre bulk and bad speed a bad switchin for a water Pokemon (because of resistence).

Every advice would help :)
So basically Bulky Offense defensive pivots. You already named a few; but Tangrowth, Alolan Muk, Rotom-H, Araquanid and the Silvally formes are worth considering depending on your build.

Last edited:
So basically Bulky Offense defensive pivots. You already named a few; but Tangrowth, Alolan Muk, Rotom-H, Araquanid and the Silvally formes are worth considering depending on your build.
Thx for your suggestions!

Atm my must have team members are Gliscor, Exploud, Volcarona, Marshadow. The other 2 I experimented much but didn't find something so I used everytime 3 of the first five.

Crawdaunt was one idea because it 0HKO Aegislash in shield form with z waterium. And Toxapex is also not bad. But friends do you don't get with it. It can most of the meta just toxic and recover. Very annoying and very very few counter ...

Do someone have suggestions for the 2 remaining team members? I thought of Araquanid cause It's always a good pick and could learn sticky web. But in the end the team have to profit from this and I think they don't!?

With Araquanid you have 3 Flight weaknesses in your team for no resistance .... there's not a lot of flight type, but I'm starting to see some Aerodactyl, Noivern, Acrobatics Gliscor with Berry in addition to Crobat so ... it's up to you.

Thx for your suggestions!

Atm my must have team members are Gliscor, Exploud, Volcarona, Marshadow. The other 2 I experimented much but didn't find something so I used everytime 3 of the first five.

Crawdaunt was one idea because it 0HKO Aegislash in shield form with z waterium. And Toxapex is also not bad. But friends do you don't get with it. It can most of the meta just toxic and recover. Very annoying and very very few counter ...

Do someone have suggestions for the 2 remaining team members? I thought of Araquanid cause It's always a good pick and could learn sticky web. But in the end the team have to profit from this and I think they don't!?
Considering what Unibot mentioned, Rotom-W seems like a natural 5th team member. It also acts as a great answer to Omastar.

Thx for your answers. How is Rotom-W normally played? Modest offensive or better bold defensive? Atm I have a perfect bold but I am open for breeding if the modest fits better in this meta ;)

Hm... Scarf is for my Exploud. It works wonders ^^

And Specs ... In my opinion Rotom needs to change It's attacks AND it isnt very bulky with offensive EVs or? And what I often have a problem with, is: 80% accuracy for hydro pump isn't always relible and lose me many matches

Last edited:
That meta is like the lets go cup. Absolutely dependent on what you are facing and if the opponent plays "fair" or if they use things like z hypnosis with 60% win chance. I go from 1000 points to 1300 and down to 1100 dependent what happens. Most I lose to cheap strategies which only works once but I think that is what the real tournament will be :/

Actually I run: Exploud, Crobat, Volcarona, Marshadow, Gliscor, Toxapex. I really don't see any possibility to make that team better

Actually I run: Exploud, Crobat, Volcarona, Marshadow, Gliscor, Toxapex

With only the names of the Pokémon you used, it's hard to help you ... knowing the attacks, items and the EV'S could probably be useful to us right ? :smogthink:

And a small question, who would be interested by Spooky Cup rôle Compendium ?

Was typing this before the other posts but i felt it would be a waste of time to not post it so.. :shrug:

Tbh.. I don't see how crobat can be that good in this format.. There's always Z hypnosis, nasty Plot on itself but aside from the speed tier.. Darkrai does a better job at it because of its better Sp attack. Poison/Flying also hinders it a bit with all the ghost types and relying on Air slash with base 75 and a base special attack 5 points lower just makes it feel underwhelming compared to Rai.
Aerodactyl also beats it as a Z-nuke with a better attack than both of Crobat's attacking stats with the same speed tier. Also has a very good chance at OHKOing Rai with Continental Crush (stone Edge) with minimal investments.
252 Atk Aerodactyl Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Darkrai: 144-171 (99.3 - 117.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
It can be EV'd for better survivability but :shrug:
I guess there is super fang but still.. ghost types, and Crobat could likely just do more with lo BB. Haze also works but there are bulkier Pokémon with it. Crobat is just underwhelming in this format.

Hi,

I used Crobat many matches for trying it out but finally I decided against it.

I played it with Choice Band Brave Bird, Cross Poison, U Turn and Zen Headbutt. The last was able to 3HKO Toxapex because of one flinch turn. The main reason for me to use it was the good chip damage with Choice band boosted U Turns. But it ended with too much fly resisted enemies like Aegislash, Gigalith and the bulky ones that laugh at it like Toxapex (I won just because of the flinch and no-burn of multiple scalds) or right EV'd Skorgro. Also there isn't every time a Pokemon which you can switchin after U turn. And the ok to low bulk of Crobat makes it not easy to bring into the battle again for the next u turn. Also this becomes fast predictable. I am more the guy who loves reliant Pokemon than those niche-things. And yes, Toxapex is the Haze boss ^^

Seems like a fun enough time despite the utterly barbaric Bibarel ban. Good luck to everyone playing in this.

edit: If you catch me on discord/ps, I can most likely hand out duped Alamos Darkrai and other eventmons (Marshadow) to people in need once the the meta matures a bit as we get closer to the tournament.
Do you have the same username on there? I would really love to discuss a trade for a Marshadow :) sorry if this isn’t a good way to reach you.

It's been interesting looking at what people are thinking on here and on Discord. Of the five teams I've built so far, all of them have had various iterations of Mimikyu and Marshadow on them. :mehowth:

Do you have the same username on there? I would really love to discuss a trade for a Marshadow :) sorry if this isn’t a good way to reach you.
Messaged you with the deets. Welcome by the way!

It's been interesting looking at what people are thinking on here and on Discord. Of the five teams I've built so far, all of them have had various iterations of Mimikyu and Marshadow on them. :mehowth:

Messaged you with the deets. Welcome by the way!
Hey, wondering which Discord server you mean. Is there a Discord for competitive battling? Id love to join, I have a team almost built on my DS and would love to have help testing it out either in-game or in Showdown

I would like to know what EV spread, nature and moves you suggest for Gliscor? Actually I am running careful, 248 HP, 252 Spdef, 8 def with Earthquake, Guillotine, Substitute and Protect.

Some suggestions? It's the first time I am running Gliscor :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)