Ultra Sun & Moon OU Reservation Index (READ FIRST THREE POSTS BEFORE POSTING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
With the recent movement to remove unneeded info and create more user friendly analysis, QC and I have been slowly going back through the uploaded analysis with a fine comb to de-fluff them, while also polishing up anything that detracts from the analysis itself. For the most part, it's annoying, but not too bad, and doesn't really require any extra input from GP.

And then, there's Zygarde. Being the biggest OU analysis that's currently onsite, it's incredibly difficult to cms large amounts of text without contradicting other parts of the analysis. There are also parts that need to be entirely rewritten so that the overall flow of the analysis isn't compromised by removing the large amounts of text. To put it into perspective, this analysis is approximately 6000 words. Yeah. QC also noticed a lot of general quality issues that are pretty difficult to address through cms so we've decided it needs to be entirely revamped yet again. Fortunately the sets are still up to date for the most part, so aside from the writing, it's not going to look that different.

I will be doing this unfortunately. I apologize to the GP team in advance because I know you guys are already backed up with work as it is lmao.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
With the recent movement to remove unneeded info and create more user friendly analysis, QC and I have been slowly going back through the uploaded analysis with a fine comb to de-fluff them, while also polishing up anything that detracts from the analysis itself. For the most part, it's annoying, but not too bad, and doesn't really require any extra input from GP.

And then, there's Zygarde. Being the biggest OU analysis that's currently onsite, it's incredibly difficult to cms large amounts of text without contradicting other parts of the analysis. There are also parts that need to be entirely rewritten so that the overall flow of the analysis isn't compromised by removing the large amounts of text. To put it into perspective, this analysis is approximately 6000 words. Yeah. QC also noticed a lot of general quality issues that are pretty difficult to address through cms so we've decided it needs to be entirely revamped yet again. Fortunately the sets are still up to date for the most part, so aside from the writing, it's not going to look that different.

I will be doing this unfortunately. I apologize to the GP team in advance because I know you guys are already backed up with work as it is lmao.
Approved

Marigold

formerly KuraiTenshi26
"Choice Specs makes Magearna a much more immediate threat to defensive teams, but this notion is inconsistent in practice due to its inability to switch moves." ~ Other Options, Magearna's strategy dex

This has been on the smogdex forever, so I took it up as a challenge and was surprised by the results. I made a post about it here with explanation as well as high ladder replays accurately showing its capabilities. The summary of that post: Specs Magearna keeps some defensive utility, while being an obscenely powerful wallbreaker with all the right coverage to break common bulky offenses/balances and pressure stall. Its sheer offensive presence on turn 1 gives it viable merit outside of some minor niche, even when compared to other sets.

I believe this set is strong enough to warrant a smogdex writeup (which I would love to take up if it gets approved). I also understand that there is an inherent stigma against ladder-based posts, but the builds I played against in the post's replays are ones you can find even in tournament play and the matches were quality. If there are any questions or criticisms about the proposition then feel free to let me know, I am open to learning and want to take up analysis when I can.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
We're not giving Specs Magearna a set at this point in time.

We do not believe it is a consistent enough option in the current metagame; it has seen no usage in tournaments and minimal usage on the ladder while only a small pool of people have advocated for it very recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)