Um... Typhlosion? (RU RMT)

I'm extremely new to Smogon, and the entire competitive scene, so I need my RU Team rated. I know it's probably mediocre at best.

Ridley (Aerodactyl) (M) @ Life Orb (Original) Focus Sash (First Revision)
Trait: Rock Head
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
This is standard hazard- setting Aero. It outruns all non- scarfed SR Setters, and since most people think of Aero as a Choice Band user, it is likely they will bring out a bulkier SR user, allowing me to Taunt, then get a free turn to set up SR as the opponent switches or attacks. It has EdgeQuake to deal heavy damage, just in case it has to get its talons dirty.
Big Joe (Feraligatr) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Waterfall
It's GATR TIME!!! Anyway, meet the first part of my F/W/G core. It has Aqua Jet for priority against the faster Fire-types, Swords Dance for boosting its already respectable Attack, Waterfall is a reliable physical STAB, and Dragon Claw is for coverage.

Pedoberry (Tangela) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Lax Nature
- Power Whip
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
Tangela is the second part of my core. Power Whip is its STAB move, Sleep Powder is there to put threats to sleep, HP Fire is for coverage, and Leech Seed is for recovery, plus it supports Typhlosion well.
Musaea (Uxie) @ Heat Rock
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Gentle Nature
- Sunny Day
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
Uxie is my special wall, but the first thing you'll notice is Sunny Day! That's right, after Gatr goes down I send in this thing to set up Sunny Day for Typhlosion and Thunder Wave faster threats. Psychic is its main attack. Obviously, U-turn is a scouting move.
Lexaeus (Bouffalant) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Head Charge
- Megahorn
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
This thing plows through almost everything! Head Charge is for STAB, and the rest is for coverage. Megahorn destroys Gallade and the other Psychics, Superpower downs Cryogonal and Absol, and Stone Edge massacres the frail flyers.

Axel (Typhlosion) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Focus Blast
Typhlosion is the main member of my team, he is a killing machine! Eruption blows up anything that doesn't resist it, Fire Blast is for when my HP gets low,
SolarBeam is used when Uxie's Sun is up to cover Typhlosion's weaknesses, and Focus Blast is a last- ditch effort. Typhlosion is often sent in late- game, simply because I want him to have Sun support, just to ensure a sweep. Most would send in... say a Quagsire to resist my STABs, only to by blown to bits by a SolarBeam. Yeah, this guy is way too underrated.
Quirks:

Spin Support:
I am in desperate need of a Rapid Spinner, Cryogonal seems nice, but it has trouble with the myriad of Fire-types in RU, especially Entei.

this team is cool! Well, instead of a life orb, how about a focus sash, after all aerodactyl is usaully a suicide lead. on uxie, why do you have psychic with 4 attack in this, uxie should really be a mixed attacker. Typhlosion seems like dead weight, eruption seems quite viable, but the only viable move focus blast and fire blast is very risky and solar beam relies on sun too much, if uxie has been defeated, solar beam is just a useless move. two good candidates to your team could be durant for insane attack and cresselia for insane bulk.
Good luck

~hathater

this team is cool! Well, instead of a life orb, how about a focus sash, after all aerodactyl is usaully a suicide lead. on uxie, why do you have psychic with 4 attack in this, uxie should really be a mixed attacker. Typhlosion seems like dead weight, eruption seems quite viable, but the only viable move focus blast and fire blast is very risky and solar beam relies on sun too much, if uxie has been defeated, solar beam is just a useless move. two good candidates to your team could be durant for insane attack and cresselia for insane bulk.
Good luck

~hathater
I used to have Cresselia, but it's BL2 now. I also used to have HP Grass, but it was too underpowered. What should I use on Typhlosion? Thanks for the suggestions.

ya im not really sure, choice specs kinds of ruins it. i would can typhlosion though and replace it with something like entei, or durant wven though its a phscical attacker.

ya i dont really play with typhie a lot sorry. but an amoonguss is cool without sleep clause. eviolite pokemon is quite good, tangela with eviolite is much bulkier than tangrowth. if you have question still im right here. and ya, entei is overused, in one of the tiers i play, vgc i use very underused pokemon. the elemental monkeys are pretty good.

yep, just try out ru or nu eviolite pokemon, lets not talk about recommendations though. lets improve your team.

For feraligatr, dragon claw isn't a very useful move due to its its coverage. That is why I suggest using ice punch, cruch or return instead. Return and waterfall are only resisted by a few pokemon, and return has higher base power than dragon claw, Crunch can dispatch bulky ghost and psychic types, while ice punch has better coverage than dragon claw. It all depends on your personal preference.

While sunny day uxie increases the power of your typhlosion, it weakens the power of your feraligatr. That is why I suggest running a dual screen set with memento and u-turn. With dual screens, your team can cushion blows from the likes of durant, while setting up is significantly easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)