move 2: Snarl
move 3: Yawn
move 4: Moonlight / Helping Hand / Protect
item: Sitrus Berry / Leftovers
ability: Inner Focus
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

Umbreon is a sturdy wall in the metagame thanks to its great defenses and good typing, allowing it to easily withstand attacks from common Pokemon such as Groudon, Venusaur, and Dragapult. Foul Play takes advantage of the high Attack stats of Restricted Pokemon and deals very acceptable damage to them, such as on Groudon and Calyrex-I. Snarl allows Umbreon to slow down strong specially attacking threats such as Calyrex-S and Kyogre. Yawn makes Umbreon demand respect unlike most other defensive Pokemon, as sleep is generally an oppressive mechanic and can also completely shut down Dynamax for at least a turn, forcing the Pokemon to switch out in order to prevent it and wasting their Dynamax. Moonlight semi-reliably heals 2/3 of Umbreon's HP under sun, which is fantastic for a defensive Pokemon that is usually paired with Groudon. Moonlight can prove to help Umbreon win against Pokemon such as Calyrex-S and Kyogre under sun due to being able to play a very long game with them, 2HKOing the former and slowly chipping the latter down. Helping Hand allows Umbreon to bypass its lack of offensive presence by powering up an ally such as Groudon. Protect helps Umbreon stall opposing Dynamax turns more effectively. Sitrus Berry allows Umbreon to heal off a good amount of damage immediately, while Leftovers allows it to play the slow game when healing alongside Protect or Moonlight. The EV spread allows Umbreon to always survive Modest Kyogre's Water Spout under rain and Brave Calyrex-I's Max Hailstorm.

Umbreon appreciates partners such as Groudon that can set sun, helping Umbreon heal a substantial amount with Moonlight, and Umbreon in turn gives Groudon room to set up with Swords Dance via Yawn and can shoot its damage up even higher with Helping Hand. Charizard is another good Umbreon partner that also loves being in the sun. It offsets Umbreon's weakness to Zacian-C and both Urshifu formes with its G-Max Wildfire and Max Airstream, respectively. Grimmsnarl makes Umbreon even more problematic by bolstering its bulk via dual screens support and serves as a secondary check to both Urshifu formes.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Sole Survivor, 518634]]
- Quality checked by: [[Raineko, 294287]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Estronic, 240732]]

Last edited:

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
ADD REMOVE COMMENT HIGHLIGHT

[SET]
name: Support
move 1: Foul Play

[SET COMMENTS]

Umbreon is a sturdy wall in the metagame thanks to its great defenses and good typing, allowing it to easily withstand attacks from common Pokemon such as Groudon, Venusaur, and Dragapult. Foul Play allows Umbreon to take advantage of the high Attack stats of Restricted Pokemon and deal very acceptable damage to them such as on Groudon and Calyrex-I. Snarl is good utility, allowing allows Umbreon to slow down strong Special threats such as Calyrex-S and Kyogre. Yawn makes Umbreon demand respect unlike most other defensive Pokemon as sleep is generally an oppressive mechanic and can also completely shut down Dynamax for at least a turn, to prevent which, one has to switch out, wasting their Dynamax. (Reads a touch awkward to me here, but content is all fine) Moonlight allows Umbreon to heal 2/3 of its max HP when in sun as it is usually paired with Groudon which is fantastic for a defensive Pokemon. (I would be tempted to word this a bit differently as a decent recovery option, because it is weather reliant but otherwise fine. I also feel like explicitly mentioning that it is strictly a win condition against some Pokemon due to being able to play a very long game with them outhealing them is really worthwhile.) Helping Hand allows Umbreon to bypass its lack of offensive presence by powering up an ally such as Groudon. Protect helps Umbreon stall opposing Dynamax turns more effectively. (Unsure this is needed but I also don't hate it) Sitrus Berry allows Umbreon to heal off a good amount of damage immediately while Leftovers allows it to play the slow game when healing alongside Protect or Moonlight. The EV spread allows Umbreon to always survive a Modest Kyogre's Water Spout in rain and a Brave Calyrex-I's Max Hailstorm.

Umbreon appreciates partners such as Charizard who offsets its weakness to the common Urshifu formes, especially Urshifu-R in sun since both of them like being paired with Groudon. Groudon with its Drought helps Umbreon heal a substantial amount with Moonlight and Umbreon in turn gives Groudon room to set up Swords Dance via Yawn and can shoot its damage up even higher with Helping Hand. (I would mention Groudon first here. Then mention Charizard and how it deals with Zacian-C, Urshifu-S and Urshifu-R (just quality stuff).

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

I would like to read how some of the changes go before I stamp it, but this is good

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
add remove (comments)
[SET]
name: Support
move 1: Foul Play

[SET COMMENTS]

Umbreon is a sturdy wall in the metagame thanks to its great defenses and good typing, allowing it to easily withstand attacks from common Pokemon such as Groudon, Venusaur, and Dragapult. Foul Play allows Umbreon to takes (avoids repetition a bit) advantage of the high Attack stats of Restricted Pokemon and deals very acceptable damage to them, (AC) such as on Groudon and Calyrex-I. Snarl allows Umbreon to slow down strong specially attacking threats such as Calyrex-S and Kyogre. Yawn makes Umbreon demand respect unlike most other defensive Pokemon, (AC) as sleep is generally an oppressive mechanic and can also completely shut down Dynamax for at least a turn, to prevent which, one has to switch out, (RC) forcing the Pokemon to switch out in order to prevent it and wasting their Dynamax. Moonlight allows Umbreon to semi-reliably heals 2/3 of its max Umbreon's HP when in under sun, (AC) as it is usually paired with Groudon which is fantastic for a defensive Pokemon that is usually paired with Groudon. Moonlight can prove to be a win condition in itself help Umbreon win against Pokemon such as Calyrex-S and Kyogre in under sun due to being able to play a very long game with them, 2HKOing the former and slowly chipping the latter down. Helping Hand allows Umbreon to bypass its lack of offensive presence by powering up an ally such as Groudon. Protect helps Umbreon stall opposing Dynamax turns more effectively. Sitrus Berry allows Umbreon to heal off a good amount of damage immediately, (AC) while Leftovers allows it to play the slow game when healing alongside Protect or Moonlight. The EV spread allows Umbreon to always survive Modest Kyogre's Water Spout in under rain and Brave Calyrex-I's Max Hailstorm.

Umbreon appreciates partners such as Groudon which that can set sun, helping Umbreon heal a substantial amount with Moonlight, (AC) and Umbreon in turn gives Groudon room to set up with Swords Dance via Yawn and can shoot its damage up even higher with Helping Hand. Charizard is another good Umbreon partner who that also loves being in the sun. It offsets Umbreon's weakness to Zacian-C and both Urshifu formes with its G-Max Wildfire and Max Airstream, (AC) respectively. Grimmsnarl makes Umbreon even more problematic by bolstering its bulk via dual screens support and serves as a secondary check to both Urshifu formes.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]
1/1 :blobthumbsup:
Estronic-GP-small.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)