ORAS Ubers Undefeated without hax. Peaked #6

Should have got higher. Fucking so pissed off at hax. Literally this team has never lost a battle on the ubers ladder when there's been no hax.

Using this account for the first time in like 2 years to post this. #VivaLaBartman

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Return

Awesome revenge killer. Utilises its speed tier to kill so many slow things. Kinda predictable at times, but I can use that to get a +2 from Power Up Punch in some circumstances and then sweep entire teams. Sucker Punch for all those psychic types that lurk in ubers. Return over double edge because recoil sucks. Standard EVs with 4 in defense for priority moves.

Darkrai @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Trick
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast

Literally the best thing ever. Precisely 0% of people see this coming. My lead in 99% of battles. Allows me to get an immediate advantage. Way to many fast things that think they can sweep me in ubers these days. Up against a stall team? Trick a wall a choice scarf, put something to sleep. 2 of their 6 pokemon already out of commission giving you a massive early advantage. Plus a lot of the time people still assume it's focus sash when they see no life orb/lefties. Makes surprise revenge killing with Dark Pulse even more fun. Focus Blast kinda situational and not used that much, but coverage helps. Standard EVs and Nature. Outspeeds the terrible smogon EV's given on standard +2 Xerneas and puts it's to sleep. Modest needs 216 speed EVs to be faster, Timid needs 112. On the rare occasion they have enough speed, they'll usually lack the power to KO everything.

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Surf
- Fire Blast
- Thunder / Draco Meteor / Thunder Wave

Another Bluff Pokemon. Can use the Lustrous Orb to feign a choice item time after time. Spacial Rend for the Dragon Move. Surf because Hydro Pump always misses. Fire blast for Steel types like Genenesect. Lost of options available for the last move. Thunder for Kyogre, Draco Meteor for immediate power (obvious drawback of then being set-up fodder), Thunder Wave cripples a lot of things, like again Xerneas trying to set-up, plus it means Kyogre can actually outspeed some things. I suppose even Focus Blast for Dialga & normal types is viable.
Standard EVs and Nature.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Ice Beam / Thunder
- Thunder / Thunder Wave

Powerrrrrrrrrrr. Water Spout because people switch out of this when they really shouldn't. Even water resists take a load from this in the rain at high health. Surf for when not on full health. Origin Pulse misses too much. Kyogre's slow as fuck to begin with, so thought I might as well invest in HP so it can take hits better. You can pretty much take any 2 from 3 for the last 2 moves. Thunder & Ice Beam for most coverage and damage, but Thunder Wave is super useful, especially given how slow Kyogre is

Dialga @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Thunder
- Iron Head

So it looks like everyone uses Xerneas these days, I needed another check and a stealth rock user. Sp def Dialga does that job. Rocks because it's the best move in the game. Roar gets rid of anything trying to set up & racks up stealth rock damage. Idefk why I have Thunder on this thing. I guess it's good for Water types? But Iron Head is great stab for hitting fairy and rock types. Prefer it over Flash Cannon due to high sp def everywhere in ubers, but that's just personal preference. Thunder can definitely be replaced by something like Dragon Pulse or Fire Blast. Draco meteor sucks on a wall. Max hp because it resists rocks so I don't care about giving it one of those special HP numbers. Max sp def and + nature to be the best possible at its job. Down on speed because it's mixed and isn't outspeeding anything anyway.

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Brick Break
- Shadow Claw / Extreme Speed / Recover / Refresh

Set-up Sweeper. SD Ghost Arceus wrecks so many teams it's unbelievable. Max speed and + nature because there's so many other Arceus' around. Shadow Force is uber powerful, even though the set-up turn can sometimes be a minor issue. Brick Break is super weak but there's not really any other coverage option. I usually go for Shadow Claw in the last slot, as it gives you a decent stab move and immediate damage. Extreme Speed is usable especially if you've opted not to go Thunder Wave on Kyogre or Palkia. Recover can help a lot, same principle for Refresh and Arceus it's a status magnet, but I find a 3rd attack generally works better.

Problems:
Lack of ground resistance is the main one. But I can usually get around this through a combination of Kanga, 2 surprise value pokemon including scarf darkrai, paralysis and extreme speed if running it.
Hax lolololololol

Ubers isn't my best meta, so take this with a grain of salt, but I think replacing Arceus' brick break with earthquake would be useful. Primal Groudon runs rampant in Ubers and even your most solid check to it, Kyogre, is just obliterated by it if it comes in second with desolate land. Looks like a nice team, good luck appeasing the hax gods.

Hi Brap. Your team looks well thought out and overall decent. However, I feel you struggle with a couple of things:

1) Stall and specially Sableye-Mega: Sableye-Mega totally walls Kangaskhan-Mega, and since nothing on your team can absorb Will-O-Wisp or has Rest / Recover, It will be a pain to face. Furthermore, no Pokemon on your team can break stall teams.

2) Primal Groudon and Offensive Ground Arceus: Your team lacks a Ground Immunity, so both can sweep your team easily and specially the latter.

3) Mega Salamence and specially with Refresh: When it's the last Pokemon on the opponent's team, you can no longer Roar with Dialga. It will set up on Arceus Ghost and sweep your team.

4) Focus Blast Geomancy Xerneas: Dialga is your Xerneas check. I'm aware it can tank a +2 Moonblast but it wont be able to take a +2 Focus Blast, a common move on Geomancy Xerneas.

Now, these suggestions will improve and optimize your team:

1) Ice Beam > Focus Blast on Darkrai. Choice Scarf Darkrai is faster than Mega Salamence even after one Dragon Dance. Ice Beam will allow you to OHKO it.

2) Paradancer Primal Groudon > Palkia. Absorbs Will-O-Wisp, breaks stall with Swords Dance + Thunder Wave, and checks all Xerneas sets while still being able to check Primal Kyogre.
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 148 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
3) Charti Berry Rayquaza>Primal Kyogre. Primal Kyogre is good offensively but doesn't contribute to the team's defensive backbone. This Rayquaza is able to check Ground Arceus and Primal Groudon.
Rayquaza @ Charti Berry
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Aqua Tail
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

Good luck!

Hey, thanks for the rate. I changed Palkia to Primal Groudon and noticed an improvement immediately.

I went 18-1 as shown here, where my only loss was from timing out lol.

But then this happened:

Turn 1
Darkrai used Dark Void!
The opposing Xerneas avoided the attack!
The opposing Xerneas used Geomancy!
Turn 2
Darkrai used Dark Void!
The opposing Xerneas fell asleep!
The opposing Xerneas is fast asleep.
The opposing Xerneas is tormented!
Turn 3
Darkrai, come back!
Go! Dialga!
Dialga is exerting its pressure!
Turn 4
The opposing Xerneas woke up!
The opposing Xerneas used Focus Blast!
It's super effective! Dialga lost 100% of its health!
Turn 5
Darkrai used Dark Void!
The opposing Xerneas fell asleep!
The opposing Xerneas is tormented!
Turn 6
You have 150 seconds to make your decision.
Darkrai, come back!
Go! Groudon!
Groudon's Primal Reversion! It reverted to its primal form!
The sunlight turned extremely harsh!
The opposing Xerneas woke up!
The opposing Xerneas used Focus Blast!
Groudon lost 68.3% of its health!
Turn 12
The opposing Darkrai used Dark Void!
Kangaskhan fell asleep!
Turn 14
Darkrai used Dark Void!
The opposing Darkrai fell asleep!
The opposing Darkrai is fast asleep.
[Darkrai's Bad Dreams!]
The opposing Darkrai is tormented!
Turn 15
Darkrai, come back!
Go! Kyogre!
Kyogre's Primal Reversion! It reverted to its primal form!
[Kyogre's Primordial Sea!]
A heavy rain began to fall!
The opposing Darkrai is fast asleep.
Turn 16
The opposing Darkrai woke up!
The opposing Darkrai used Dark Pulse!
Kyogre lost 64.3% of its health!
The opposing Darkrai lost some of its HP!
Turn 25
Darkrai used Dark Void!
The opposing Kyogre fell asleep!
The opposing Kyogre is fast asleep.
[Darkrai's Bad Dreams!]
The opposing Kyogre is tormented!
Turn 26
Darkrai, come back!
Go! Arceus (Arceus-Ghost)!
Pointed stones dug into Arceus!
The opposing Kyogre woke up!
The opposing Kyogre used Origin Pulse!
Arceus lost 27.0% of its health!Arceus fainted!
I mean, what the fuck?? My Dark Void missing, him getting a first turn wake and hitting focus blast, him getting another first turn wake and hitting focus blast again, his dark void hitting first time, him getting yet another first turn wake, followed by, oh look, another first turn wake and a not 100% accuracy move hitting me.
Just can't compete against the hax. I was on for #1 as well.

But thanks for the Groudon suggestion, it's worked very well. With a little Rayquaza test, I found myself too weak to opposing water types, as well as lacking the immediate power of kyogre. Didn't do many battles with it, and probably won't be doing more because I keep getting haxed. But thanks for making a good team even better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)