VGC Undertail(wind) - Gholdengo strikes back

Hello good people of the internet, I am a newcomer to the vgc format and came today to seek advice on my newly built reg F team centering around Gholdengo, hopefully my hours of research gone into this team didn't proved to be a total flop and also learns some new tricks and strategies in teambuilding!

Pokepaste link goes here: https://pokepast.es/2c482b7fd37d0942

Golden Boi (Gholdengo) @ Metal Coat
Ability: Good as Gold
Level: 50
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 132 SpA / 4 SpD / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Make It Rain
- Nasty Plot
- Protect
- Thunderbolt

Gholdengo is my team's main source of damage output and makes itself a force not to be underestimated thanks to its high speed stat under tailwind and metal coat boosted make it rain, which can 2HKO a good chunk of the format after setting up with nasty plot. Thunderbolt is a useful move against water types which Gholdengo is unable to hit, and protect is to prevent fake out users with the likes of Incineroar and Rillaboom. Tera dragon removes all of Gholdengo's weaknesses including a resistance of fire types.

Sinistcha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Hospitality
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 244 HP / 172 Def / 92 SpD
Modest Nature
- Trick Room
- Matcha Gotcha
- Rage Powder
- Strength Sap

Since Gholdengo appreciates partners that can help it set up, I wanted to add a redirector of some sorts in the team. I considered to add Ogerpon or Amoonguss, but non of them offered the same sort of utility I am looking for. Sinistcha's ability to heal 25% of their partner's health by simply switching in as well as using trick room as a niche counter to other trick room teams makes it a perfect candidate. I'm still wondering if I should replace strength sap with life dew but i guess it's up to the commenters to decide.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Scald
- Tailwind
- Snarl
- Helping Hand

After I had my damage-dealer and its support in place, the next step I need is a tailwind-setter to ensure my team can outspeed their opponents before they could make a move. I was looking for a type that resist ice type, which can hit the rest of my party for supereffective damage, but the top tailwind setters there is are all flying/grass/dragon types, which are all weak to ice. In this very occasion, Suicune proved itself to be the unlikely hero, providing tailwind support, a powerful stab move, as well as other supporting moves to assist its teammates.

Ting-Lu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 100 HP / 76 Atk / 116 Def / 212 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stomping Tantrum
- Ruination
- Throat Chop
- Stone Edge

Ting-lu is another great pokemon that synergies well with Gholdego as its ground moves remove three out of the four types that resists Gholdengo's make it rain, the rest of Ting-lu's moveset is something that I configured in pikalytics with ruination chipping down opponent's health, stone edge to improve coverage as well as throat chop as a stab dark type move to perhaps counter farigiraf and ursaluna-bloodmoon.

Regidrago @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Dragon's Maw
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Protect

Regidrogo is probably going to be the pokemon that I swap for something more viable if any of them appeared, since unlike the other members of my team, it doesn't serve a crucial purpose except for the fact that it can sweep really well with Gholdengo covering its weaknesses. Nevertheless I believe there still is some value inside Regidrago, probably that I'm just too much of an idiot to realize (feel free to bully me in the comments about this).

Scream Tail @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 228 HP / 148 Def / 4 SpA / 28 SpD / 100 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Disable
- Encore
- Protect

Scream tail is another support pokemon that I added into the team to neutralize some threats like mystical fire flutter mane. Thanks to it's gargantuan bulk, I can freely switch Scream Tail in and out without a worry and heal it with sinsitcha if its health ever dip too low. Scream tail doesn't serve as much purpose on the damaging side as its comrades and would have to solely rely on its partners to help it defeat its foes.

Thank you all for your time, I might be asking too much, but perhaps I may ask a few tips on using this team correctly, what to watch out for, and some good/bad matchups for it. Although this team is not the most original (most of my time were spent browsing through strategy dex and pikalytics pasting whatever is useful and removing the "IVs: 0 atk" stats which are there for no reason) I worked really hard into the building process and would really appreciate advice on future teambuilding to hone in my skills!
:cheem-pao:

This is a very small nitpick, but hopefully then it can be right since I'm not into doubles. I'd go Play Rough Jolly Scream Tail, you have much more special offense, Play Rough has higher BP than gleam, and most of al spread damage off uninvested 65 is too meaningless, unless they are like 4x weak. Play Rough might do something sometimes.

EDIT: 0 atk ivs aren't necessarily pointless, confusion and more to the point foul play. You should probably not worry about it often though, that's true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)