UU UnderUsed Ladder Tournament 2018 (Week 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

credit to the STUNNING HotFuzzBall for the INCREDIBLE banner!
Welcome to the second week of the 2018 SM UnderUsed Ladder Tournament! After a stellar performance by the Flying Clutchman last year, we return to enjoy another month of curses and stall. In this tournament, players will compete for a top spot on the ladder, and the top 4 from each cycle will then duke it out in a playoffs phase. On top of that, qualifying will yield points for the official UnderUsed Circuit, in which players will compete at the end of the year for a chance to earn one of the coveted ribbons.

To further explain the tournament, let's take a look at the separate stages.

Stage One

During this stage, everyone wishing to participate will sign up with a fresh alt starting with the week's given tag. Unlike previous editions, your rank will reset every week and you will be asked to sign up with a new alt. In this actual laddering portion of the tournament, players will fight on the Gen 7 UU ladder, trying to claim a spot in the top 4. Those who manage to claim one of the spots will be part of the playoffs phase. The winner of each week will be seeded in the top four, sorted by elo, whereas everyone else will be assigned a seed from 5 to 16 depending on which elo they finished with. The #5 and #6 of each week will be used as potential substitutes, should they be needed, and the order of substitutes is also determined by elo. Both qualifying players and substitutes may of course play again during the next week, as they can potentially improve their seed or directly qualify.

If I find out you used an already registered alt, or played any games prior to this post, you will be disqualified from the tournament.

To get this out of the way, the deadline will be on the Sundays of April at 10 AM EST. I am aware this is very early for West Coasters, and won't allow anyone even on the East Coast to sleep in. That said, I want people from around the globe to be able to participate and have a chance of qualifying without being required to be awake at completely inhuman times. The deadline will be at midnight AEST, which should give everyone from the western USA to eastern Australia a fair chance to qualify.

Stage Two

This part is fairly straight-forward. During this stage, the top 16 will face off in a single elimination, Best-of-3 SM UU bracket. The intitial pairings will be based on seed, with the #1 seed facing the #16 seed, #2 facing #15 and so on.

If you wish to participate, sign up in this thread on a fresh alt starting with the tag ULT2 (e.g. ULT2 Kink, ULT2 Aquadext). The laddering period starts now.

The deadline for week 2 is Sunday, April 15th, at 10 AM EST. The laddering period starts now.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me. Have fun laddering, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)