Project UnderUsed Teambuilding Competition - Week 7: Building! (Pangoro)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP swiped from last generation
hosted by Juuno and Lilburr

thanks to lyd for the amazing art :D

Welcome to the UU Teambuilding Competiton! This will be weekly competition which you can join at any time. Each week, there will be a core, set, theme, or Pokemon posted, and then you will post an importable of a team featuring the given concept! This should look like a condensed RMT; a post will require an import and (brief) description of the teambuilding process to count. After a five days, the submissions will close and then you can cast your vote for the best team. The winner of the week will then get put into the hall of fame with their team on display for anyone to see!​

Rules (read these first):

1. Five (5) days of submission of teams and discussion. Post your entry on the thread, and be sure to use the following format:​
Code:
<sprites>
[hide=Importable][/hide]
[hide=Description][/hide]
2. Two (2) days of voting for the winning team​
Submitting Teams: Please include the following when submitting your teams. Post your entry on the thread!
  • Optional but recommended: sprites. Sprite code is just typing :ss/pokemonname:
  • Importable of your team in a hide tag
  • A brief description of your teambuilding process and how the team plays (hidetag optional)
Note: If you're using sprites, place them outside of the hide tags!

Discussion and Changes: Feel free to discuss people's teams in this thread. People can make suggestions to other people's team but only to an extent. A full rate would be best left to the RMT subforum, and a big overhaul on a team by someone else would defeat the purpose of this thread. Small recommendations such as a nature change or slight EV tweaking are game, though.

Winning: If you win, then congratulations! You'll have your name and team featured on the UU Teambuilding Hall of Fame.

Copying Teams: Please don't. This ruins the concept of "competition". If you do copy someone's team, you will be automatically disqualified for the week. If you suspect someone of doing this, PM me. Hopefully this wont be an actual issue.

On Bandwagoning / Namevoting: Please don't do this either. Just vote for whatever team you think is the best. There's no need to vote for someone because they already have a lot of other votes. In addition: if you participated in the week, please do not ask for people to vote for you. There's no fun in the competition if you get a big number of votes from people that might not even post otherwise.

On Suggestions: If you have any suggestions for this thread, feel free to suggest them to me (through PM please). They will be considered, but no promises on whether they'll actually be implemented or not.

On Slashes: In play, you can only bring four moves; so in the case of this thread, please do not use slashes. The team should be reflective of your skill as a builder, and have choices that you feel comfortable with.

Tiers: A week is for SWSH UU unless stated otherwise. For variety's sake, I'll switch up the generation from time to time so you can show off your ADV, DPP, BW, ORAS and SM teams as well!

HALL OF FAME

:swsh/Weavile:
Week 1: Weavile by Freeroamer
https://pokepast.es/c94a732c8ec89625
(OUTDATED; Weavile banned)

:ss/Cobalion:
Week 2: Cobalion by A Cake Wearing A Hat
https://pokepast.es/f19d74bbf6cb2d19

:ss/Incineroar:
Week 3: Incineroar by Twilight
https://pokepast.es/2bc9e3cdd9bd08ce

:ss/Celebi:
Week 4: Celebi by Eve
https://pokepast.es/f40a895b23d67717

Last edited:

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
With that, lets get this underway! For the first week we'll be building around.... Weavile!

With Pokemon Home it has regained Knock Off and is truly a pain to switch into, especially when potentially giving it a turn to SD. While Weavile is rather straightforward in how it can smack a team silly-- there are plenty of ways to support it and its different offensive sets!

Submission deadline is Saturday 12 pm GMT -5.

I'm taking first submission cuz hah. Anyways team

:ss/Lucario: :ss/claydol: :ss/weavile: :ss/noivern: :ss/golisopod: :ss/tsareena:
Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Meteor Mash
- Extreme Speed

Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 152 SpA / 104 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Teleport

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower

Golisopod @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Leech Life

Tsareena (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Alright so I wanted to build Lucario in a team. So I did that. The general core was have Lucario break defensive cores well, along with the help of spikes to have Weavile clean. Lucario was your basic SD life orb set, letting it act as a good breaker, and a cleaner against weakened teams because of extreme speed. Next mon is Claydol, which is quite an interesting choice this generation. With Teleport having a newfound use, these rare pokemon that get mons are some of the best pivots in the game due to the -6 priority. It is also a setter that can beat the common removal in the tier [aka noivern]. Now I have my own noivern, who is three attacks since I have spin as removal. Golisopod for spikes and also can work as momentum with Emergency Exit. Spikes+Weavile is fun thats for sure. Lastly is my removal in Tsareena who is so much better now it has knock off. Also is good mon to beat bulky grounds and waters with strong power whip. Weavile is the mon this week where I went with LO 4 attacks to smack things while also being able to hit steel types with low kick, along with opposing weavile. Smack things with knock and clean with ice shard.​

Katy

Banned deucer.
Sticky Web SD Weavile Offense

:ss/Araquanid: :ss/Weavile: :ss/Mamoswine: :ss/Gardevoir: :ss/Tsareena: :ss/Noivern:

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/1fa0808f8857194e

Description: this team is built around a hyper offensive playstyle with weavile and noivern one of the fastest mon in the current metagame. lets start it off with the spider: araquanid. araquanids role is to take care for setting up the sticky webs, which a lot of teams currently in uu having a good matchup with it. araquanid also has a role as a secondary switch-in to fire types like salazzle and ninetales.
weavile has the purpose as a breaker with having knock off now in its arsenal its even more dangerous as it is his best dark-type stab option and icicle crash and ice shard have the purpose of removing many of the threats in the current metagame as the ice-typing is always great offensively. weavile has swords dance + life orb to guarantee necessary ohkos. mamoswine with having stealth rock is a great hazard-setter and with focus sash + endevour it can cripple down walls easily and with ice shard has necessary priority and gives us an electric resist as well, so volt-switching will not be that easy. gardevoir is always a dangerous pokémon with the good speed tier but also high specially offensive stats. it has calm mind + dual-stab and mystical fire. the latter of the move is there to break through steel-types and with expert belt it has actually a great way of breaking through without losing health due to a life orb recoil. tsareena is a spinner to keep hazards away for your own team and has power whip + high jump kick + play rough as nice offensive tools whereas noivern acts like a fast revengekiller with life orb boosted attacks and roost to give it longevity throughout the game.​

Last edited:

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Was gonna post this in bazaar or np thread but seeing as Weavile is the mon of choice...
Although most Weavile I see now are SD with boots or Life Orb, I'm still a big CB fan. It fits all 4 moves I want, as well as providing more immediate power which is great vs offensive builds. I prefer Brick Break for the higher damage output vs Umbreon and for that one guy running screens on the ladder (got the idea from CBU's RMT). I wanted to try and fit Weavile on something more balanced so I decided to back it up with a Bronzong / Milo / Weezing-G core that I've found to be pretty effective, it gives rocks and removal (needed for non-boots Weavile) and just in general checks huge swathes of the metagame. Bronzong set is what I think(?) is standard, spread just balances Defenses with a slight PhysDef bias. Milotic is standard. I love this Weezing set, think it's much better than going full fat, spread outspeeds Max Speed Adamant Golisopod.

Weavile shines vs offensive builds, so I added what imo is one of the scariest breakers in the tier in Machamp to help vs fatter stuff. CC and Knock are obviously mandatory, I opted for the two Steel moves because having the option to blow up Weezing and pick off Weavile seemed really nice, has been great in practice. For last mon I wanted a ground type and speed control , Scarf Diggersby was good when I tried it but at this point I get roasted by both Lucario sets so I opted for Flygon instead. Spread avoids the OHKO from +2 Life Orb Adamant Extremespeed after SR and outspeeds +1 Haxorus, with the rest in Attack. I'm fine with not tying other +1 Flygon because I have 4 checks to it in Milotic, Weezing-G, Weavile and Bronzong. Dragon Claw > Outrage because I hate the thought of locking into Outrage when I might need this for a Lucario or Durant down the line, Flamethrower gives me another out vs Durant, obviously gets the job done even with a -SpA nature. Claw roll vs Haxorus is a bit sad but it's not been a big problem so far

This team has definitely been the most consistent one I've made in SS UU, I'm currently 4th on the ladder at 1706 from using it and in general just seems to play really nicely, yet to run into a matchup which seems terrible.

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
ahem

Greetings UU players. I am Lily, and this is a truly despicable team designed within the very depths of Hell itself. It is so truly grimy that even Satan himself shudders upon running into it on the ladder. What could pose such a revolting threat? The answer is none other than...

Crustle HO
:ss/crustle: :ss/toxicroak: :ss/polteageist: :ss/espeon: :ss/silvally-ghost: :ss/weavile:

pokepaste:
https://pokepast.es/984db10f1f0cc1bd

Okay so like when I made this team, I was working on stuff for Research Week and thought HO with Toxicroak would be fun. I went with Crustle as a lead because I needed something that could get up both Stealth Rock and Spikes and maintain offensive pressure. Next up was Toxicroak bc I wanted to build around it. I went with Swords Dance bc Nasty Plot loses out on either priority or Ghosts which sucked a lot. Next up was Polteageist; not much to say, it's just a standard screens and hazards abuser. Espeon was originally a Swoobat since Swoobat is the fastest Screener that has access to Taunt, but eventually I found that Magic Bounce and the ability to not be weak to priority was too nice to give up, so I went with the cat. It lives most neutral hits and gets screens up in the face of strong attackers, and Toxic is cool because Milotics n Gigaliths n shit don't usually expect it. Silvally-Ghost is super vital for this team; it spinblocks, lures and beats Umbreon, massively pressures mons such as Hippo and Weeding and has great natural bulk to ensure I don't get 6-0d by like scarf Diggersby. Finally, Weavile is the teams main wincon against any team with a mon with more than 2 spdef bc polt is weak as shit. SD Protect has legit like 0 counterplay outside of BP Machamp and like, Accelgor or some shit. Nothing really takes +2 hits from it repeatedly other than Avalugg and First Impression means nothing to you. Fire mon, fire set.

I REALLY love this team. Everyone I talk to probably hates how much I meme it but idc it's fun and consistent enough. I never want to hear anyone disrespecting my crab friend again.​

:sm/gigalith::sm/jellicent:
<Click Sprites for Importable>
I didn't come up with the final version of the team alone so credit to vivalospride for suggesting Weezing and Weavile on it over Drapion and some other thing. I built around Jellicent + T-Spikes and knew I kinda wanted to run Lucario with it being the best response to Weavile at the time. Mash Luc is needed to ease the Weezing matchup here over say EQ. Gigalith checks strong threats like Chandy and Gard and gives rocks. Fast Jellicent creeps Milotic so you beat it 1on1. SD Weavile as a wincon and cos this team doesn't really care for wanting to click hazard removal we opted for boots. Scarf Flygon is speed control and stops Helio spamming it's Elec moves. Then Weezing gives the T-Spikes support and secondary Fighting-type check.

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Juuno dared me to do it because she still needs more submissions, soooooo.... NP Weavile!! :psycry:

Weavile has a fantastic special movepool, if you ignore the horrendous 45 base SpA stat. This team just tries to support it in actually possibly working, since with the amazing coverage it can kinda maybe sweep if given a set up opportunity lmao. Toxic Spikes weezing-galar helps it break through bulky waters and stuff a little better than it might otherwise do, while providing a fighting check, and helps to soften up some of its issues. Heliolisk helps to pressure the bulky waters that weavile will have a fair amount of trouble with initially, and can pivot weavile in on roserade/umbreon to try and get those set up opportunities it needs. Claydol provides spin support, can try and lure opposing weavile with Colbur + Body press, and teleport support to try and get weavile in on stuff like umbreon/bronzong for set up. Golisopod provides a revenge killer for stuff like weavile/haxorus, wile gigalith provides a switch in to (scarf) gardevoir/chandelure for weavile, and rocks, and can weaken stuff like weezing for it.

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Congrats to Freeroamer to winning the first week!

With the tier shift UU got many new mons! For this week, we're building around old friend from SM UU-- Cobalion! With the new generation will it stick to support with Stealth Rock or will options like Taunt and Rock Polish show up more?

Submission deadline is Saturday 12 pm GMT -5.

Also want to thank lyd for the amazing project art :]

Last edited:
Hey I already have a team so i'm doing this

:ss/toxtricity: :ss/flygon: :ss/golisopod: :ss/cobalion: :ss/celebi: :ss/gigalith:
Toxtricity @ Choice Specs
Ability: Punk Rock
Timid Nature
- Overdrive
- Sludge Bomb
- Boomburst
- Volt Switch

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- U-turn

Golisopod @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Aqua Jet

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam

So I've been bulk building and I made this. It features Cobalion and that's the only requirement. So it started with me wanting to use Toxtricity with Specs because that seemed fun. It's super interesting typing of Poison/Electric just really intrigued me. Timid was chosen because not being able to outspeeds pokemon like Adamant Mamoswine, and Decidueye while not losing out on some important KO's. Next mon is Scarf Flygon, which not only pairs amazingly with Toxtricity, but is just amazing rn in general as a scarfer. Thunder Punch hits Gyarados which will inevitably be banned anyways. Golisopod is next as not a spiker because this team didn't really need spikes all too much, letting me run Aqua Jet safely as a second priority after First Impression is used. Now for the goat himself Cobalion. How i've missed this pokemon oh so much when building pre-shifts. Since I already had a rocker, I went with a 3 attacks Swords Dance set with STABs and Stone Edge to hit fire types such as Centiskorch and Charizard. Celebi is my next mon as another setup sweeper/breaker. It's typing is amazing, and overall does the same things as it does last generation. Great mon, would recommend. Lastly is Gigalith, which honestly you can't go wrong with this rock. You really can't go wrong with it. I have Heavy Slam to bop G-Weez and other potential fairies and the just your standard rocker. Have fun with this you guys, its good.​

Katy

Banned deucer.
SD + 3 Attacks Cobalion Bulky Offense

:cobalion: :vaporeon: :gardevoir: :noivern: :toxtricity: :rhyperior:

pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/77e29b26aca09ba8

description: this team is built around sd + 3 attacks cobalion because it can act as an offensive threat too with a good dual-typing in fighting and steel and good coverage options in stone edge to hit flying types. to pull it off cobalion needs some helpful teammates so i've decided to go with vaporeon as it can check many threats such as ninetales and salazzle for cobalion and can wish-pass for the other teammates and can scout with protect to see in which move a choice-locke pkmn will lock itself into. vaporeon also acts like a check to primarina with water absorb as an amazing ability which also acts like another way of recovery option. the third teammate is gardevoir with choice scarf, since venusaur dropped to the uu tier and with ninetales + venusaur as dangerous threats it an check chlorophyll venusaur variants with its ability in trace and the choice scarf and can ohko it in the process with its stab psychic. moonblast is the other stab and mystical fire can be helpful against steel types. noivern is the fourth teammate with u-turn + defog to support the team and it can check ninetales and salazzle aswell, roost is for longevity, whereas toxtricity is a dangerous breaker with its choice specs and punk rock ability with the usual stab options in overdrive, sludge wave and volt switch (which is able to give slower momentum here) and boomburst to hit pkmn behind a sub, last but not least: rhyperior the stealth rock setter and volt switch resist and opposing toxtricity check, it also checks noivern and salazzle and is very helpful with the last move in toxic to whittle down opposing pkmn.​

Luirromen

:]
is a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Rocks Cobalion + NP Celebi
:ss/cobalion: :ss/noivern: :ss/weezing-galar: :ss/toxtricity-low-key: :ss/celebi: :ss/gigalith:
On this team I decided to give Cobalion a support role instead of an offensive one, able to set up rocks, and acces to Volt Switch, Cobalion invites mons like Milotic, Vaporeon, Chandelure or Gyarados to Switch In, so Volt Switch can deal a bit of damage and bring Celebi our major wincon, Celebi can join without problems against bulky water, Natural Cure ignores Scald Burns al heals Toxic on a switch, an can use them as a set up folder with Nasty Plot. Also cobalion can bring Gigalith to check Chandelure, I preffered no rocks Gigalith for more coverage, Eq hits Rhypherior, other Gigalith and Toxctricity, Rock Blast as main Stab, Heavy Slam punnish Gweez and Toxic annoys Milotic/Vaporeon. Gweez is able to check gyarados by using WoW and Strange Steam. Noivern is tge main switch in against First Imprission users like Golisopod or Sirfetchd, also invites mons like Rhypherior or Milo to join, and U-Turn gives Celebi an opportunity to pressure even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)