Project UnderUsed Teambuilding Competition - Week 7: Building! (Pangoro)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dark Knights (Dark, Psychic, Ghost Balance)

:ss/Incineroar: :ss/Haxorus: :ss/Inteleon: :ss/Runerigus: :ss/Rotom-Mow: :ss/Bronzong:

Incineroar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 176 SpD / 20 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot
- Will-O-Wisp

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Dragon Dance

Inteleon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

Runerigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Wandering Spirit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Earthquake
- Night Shade
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom (Rotom-Mow) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Nasty Plot
- Defog

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

Hey all! I wasn’t planning on building this week but with the world aflame I had the time to kick back and cook this up. I found it the most aesthetically pleasing I could come up with. With a Fire, Water, and Grass core complimented by a Dark, Psychic, and Ghost trio. I knew Incineroar would be taking over the tier as soon as he dropped, and with Gyarados and Primarina gone I think it’s safe to say the cat is here to stay... for now at least. I went with the standard set on Incin, opting for Willow-Wisp as it in conjunction with Intimidate can help cripple offensive setups, and he sponges up hits very well while keeping up momentum for his team. Runerigus completely removes Toxtricity from your game, and its natural physical bulk allows you to eat up hits and pass off Wisps to Golisopod, Cobalion, Braviary, Haxorus and Mamo on switches, and just be an absolute nuisance to the enemy team. Going for three attacks on Runerigus freed up Bronzong to be the Stealth Rock setter and main Fairy resist for the team. I decided to go with Earthquake as its coverage to catch Doublade, Chandelure, and other Incineroar coming in on it. The offensive threats I chose are very standard as Haxorus is just an S tier threat in my opinion. Whether the set is Band or Dragon Dance, he comes in and takes lives after the enemy team has been weakened up. Close Combat completely blows up Umbreon after the necessary chip damage, and is a great mid-ground to have instead of being locked into Outrage or risking Earthquake being negated, just watch out for those defense drops though! Inteleon is the main source of speed for the team and the Specs set hits extremely hard and the coverage is pretty much perfect for the tier right now, Hydro Pump can miss but the power is too much to pass up on. Rotom’s role is to be a speedy Defogger while also being able to take a hit or three, and have the potential to get some heavy damage onto some of the bulkier passive mons floating around. The natural bulk allows Rotom to come in on quite a few things in the meta and either keep up the momentum with Volt-Switch, go on the offensive, or provide some much needed hazard removal for the team. The team has some fun toys to play with on it and seems to be very rewarding as well in the games I’ve been running it.

-jai​

Last edited:
SMASHTOISE OFFENSE

:ss/blastoise: :ss/rotom-mow: :ss/incineroar: :ss/noivern: :ss/rhyperior: :ss/silvally-steel:
Blastoise @ White Herb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Trick

EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 84 SpD / 68 Spe
Careful Nature
- Flamethrower
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot
- Will-O-Wisp

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Ice Punch

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
Ability: RKS System
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- U-turn
- Explosion

So this is a pretty straightforward team. I wanted to build shell smash blastoise. So I did shell smash blastoise. Made a fire water grass core with Blastoise, Rotom-Mow, and Incineroar. Rotom-Mow and Incineroar make a great volt turn core together and are able to chip/weaken checks to blastoise very well. Noivern+Rhyperior for rocks+defog and general utility. Silvally steel gives me better check to fairy types and ice types, while also being a good lure to the bulky waters that check Blastoise. Also gives me a secondary wincon which is nice. This isnt very long but i dont feel the need to write any more than this.​

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Volt Switch

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- U-turn

Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power

Weezing-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Bold Nature
- Strange Steam
- Defog
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Careful Nature
- Heat Crash
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot
- Toxic

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off

No sprites cuz im on mobile.

This is the first actual team that isnt that of hot trash that ive made this gen. It features a voltturn core of Coba and Noivern (Also incine), alongside Nasty Plot Celebi and Mamo. Coba is the teams rocker and lures Mamoswine unless its some wack Superpower Mamo. Coba also helps check Darks. Noivern is my pivot for things like Golisopod and Fighting types. Also acts as the teams main form of speed control, alongaide Mamo's Ice Shard. Celebi is the general wincon, as its Nasty Plot set plows through everything minus Bronzong (hence why everything has knock), and its speed tier outruns 80% of the tier, allowing it to be quite effective at smacking down defensive and balance teams. Weezing acts as a check to most dark and fighting types, as well as checks Haxorus for the most part. Weezing is also the teams Hazard control. Incineroar helps keep opposing Celebi in check as well as things like Chandy. Parting Shot also allows setup chances for Celebi or just momentum in general. Finally, Mamo acts as the electric check and main breaker of the team, arguably being broken with its unresisted combination of STABs + Knock Off. The team does lack a intellion answer but that can be played around.

On a final note, Im relatively new to SS UU so dont destroy me in the thread too hard just yet. Peace!

Katy

Banned deucer.
everyone has such cool teams, i wish i could chose all of 'em but i have to go with somebody's team and i love Twilights team. Togedemaru seems super lit.

Twilight and Katy were both tied at 4 votes total, so me and Lily broke the tie. Congratulations to Twilight for winning this week!

:swsh/celebi:

Our next Pokemon is Celebi! Though hurt from the loss of Z-Moves and the prevalence of Incineroar and Bronzong, Celebi has still found its place in the UU tier for the third time in a row. While Nasty Plot sets are the most common, things such as Stealth Rock or even Choice Scarf can be utilized to support its team.

Building deadline is Sunday, March 29th.

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
(first blood for celebi week)

keep plotting and dancing - celebi and lucario offense

:celebi: :incineroar: :flygon: :heliolisk: :rhyperior: :lucario:

pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/708984f99e61b6b3

description:
celebi was always a good mon in the underused-metagames at accomplishing multiple roles, from a stealth rock-setter, to an offensive mon, and also with choice-items.
this team is built around celebi with nasty plot + 3 attacks, which can break through water-types and with that excellent speed-tier it can serve this role perfectly. celebis weakness to dark, fire and ghost is covered up by incineroar as its teammate to serve a defensive role with having parting shot as a help for celebi and lucario. the defogger here is flygon with the choice scarf-set as a help to maintain speed control during the game and u-turn to offer momentum, it also revengekills dangerous pkmn such as cobalion, dragon dance-haxorus, choice scarf-gardevoir, opposing specs heliolisk and the dangerous fire-type in ninetales. it can take on noivern as well.
heliolisk is a strong choice specs-abuser with an amazing dual-stab combination and it is also able to keep up the momentum. surf is to hit ground types, which otherwise wall heliolisk. rhyperior is the stealth rock-setter and it has ice punch to lure in pkmn, which otherwise would check / take advantage of rhyperior, such as rotom-mow and tsareena.
last but not least: lucario as the second setup-sweeper wihich is able to pressure a lot of mons especially after a swords dance and extreme speed is always a great coverage-option, due to its high priority. in overall this team relies on many ways to get in the sweepers as safe as possible with many options of keeping the momentum up and a lot of support on its back.​

Eve

taking a break
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
:gardevoir::celebi::flygon::golisopod::cobalion::incineroar:click us!
A team I threw together soon after the drops, with a few changes. The general idea is to use breakers to clear the way for each other, or often an endgame Flygon clean-up. Very creative, I know. Also I've hardly tested this so sorry if there's flaws! Just wanted to patch up the submission count

This Celebi is also Nasty Plot, but it's Leftovers instead in order to better set up against more passive targets and generally stick around. The power drop is noteworthy and it probably won't be OHKOing too many things with non- Life Orb Giga Drain, so this set opts for Leaf Storm. Shadow Ball lets it break down Bronzongs for Gardevoir, who can often just claim a KO every time it comes in from that point onwards.
Flygon provides Defog support and Speed control- Katy already explained the 3 mons we have in common quite well, so I won't linger too long. Flygon really benefits from Celebi and Incineroar's tendency to break down its best responses, and brings in Celebi food a lot of the time. Speaking of Incineroar, this is an Overheat variant which is capable of heavily denting Galarian Weezing and not wearing itself down in the process. Fun tech. Calm Nature because it doesn't make a very noteworthy difference to Knock Off's effectiveness from my testing.
Golisopod and Cobalion form my anti progress pig core, as well as giving the team valuable priority and Stealth Rock. Cobalion is also very capable of cleaning in some matchups, and its Speed is nice.

Pretty basic team overall but I like it :] just be wary of Gardevoir, it may claim one every time otherwise. Hard to prep for absolutely everything :c

Last edited:
Paraspam
:ss/celebi: :ss/cobalion: :ss/qwilfish: :ss/incineroar: :ss/noivern: :ss/silvally-ground:
Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Thunder Wave

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Liquidation
- Poison Jab
- Thunder Wave

Careful Nature
- Overheat
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot
- Taunt

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower

Silvally-Ground @ Ground Memory
Ability: RKS System
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Ice Fang
- U-turn

So I was told this needed more teams so I came up with a team that from the games i've tested is pretty cool. Celebi has a great speedtier, but gets outsped/revenge killed by common pokemon such as noivern and golisopod. Because of that, I came up with t-wave spam. Cobalion is the rocker/utility with thunder wave common switchins to it. Overall the same reasons coba is used on so many teams. Qwilfish is an interesting choice that has honestly proved to be really nice. Due to its water/poison typing it checks cobalion and golisopod, which could otherwise prove problematic while also adding another thunder wave user. Incineroar adds another intimidate user and general good check to special attackers along with qwilfish. Noivern is used as a noivern. Silvally-Ground is my last pokemon as a deterant to volt switch, a decent speed tier, and generally strong hitter that can act as a secondary wincon. As much as I wanted thunder wave on groundvally, u-turn was better to pivot around. So.. in some ways a shittier, faster mamoswine. But hey I wanted to use it here as it lets me outspeed a specs gardevoir.

PS: I realize this team is weak as hell to mamo but I really don't have many doubts that the pig will be banned. So take that into consideration during voting if you'd want.​

Last edited:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power

Salazzle (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Protect

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Body Slam

Alright, after rebuilding this thing about 8 times, here it is. I started with a core of NP Celebi + SubToxic Salazzle, as Salazzle can deal with all of celebi's answers, whether it be bopping incine with toxic, or just threatening them with flamethrower. After the core, I needed something for Rocks. Cobalion is my usual default rocker, and slotted fine so in it went. It's running standard Shuca to bop mamo while its here, and will bop whatever other ground type after mamo, etc. Next, i added spdef gastro as to not get ran over by water types, particularly Intellion, and Gastro also helps check Noivern through sheer fat. Gastrodon also gives me a Water/Fire/Grass core. Then, I needed a defogger that didn't get mauled by Golisopod, so Noivern was pretty obvious. Finally, opposing noiverns still looked annoying, and I desired another wincon. Curselax popped into my head, and thick fat also lets it 1v1 and setup on Incineroar. Curselax also loves Celebi being able to lure Doublade. Team worked really well, although it lacks real speed control, so haxorus is gonna be a bitch if not played well. Usually you can bop it with TWave from Coba, especially if it's banded. Lax can also somewhat take on DDance Hax, but you really don't want to get crit. Other than that, the team is pretty fun. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)